9 months ago

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 30 days ago by Silverstreak02
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 months ago

I need to buy some water slide decal paper and would like to know what everyone is using and where to get it. Thanks for the help.

#2 9 months ago

Amazon. Many options, look for what you need. Laser, inkjet, thin, thick.

#3 9 months ago

I generally avoid amazon for waterslide decal stock as well as anything in the adhesive vinyl/stencil and paint worlds. The stock of things like this at amazon tend to have been improperly handled or stored (adversely affecting their performance) more often than buying it from a specialty vendor such as uscutter.com (vinyl), dickblick.com (paints, etc), or lazertran.com (waterslide).

#4 9 months ago

I use this for inkjet: amazon.com link »

Can get at Hobby Lobby & with app you get 40% off single item.

I print using highest quality then use clear gloss spray paint after printing to seal in the ink.

#5 9 months ago

I used this stuff with awesome results. I would not have gotten thin if I had to do it over again. It was too thin to replace the clear coat and decal that had come off the insert and I had to use clear to build it back up, as well as using two decals over each other. They sell a thicker version.

amazon.com link »

#6 9 months ago
    Quoted from harryhoudini:

I used this stuff with awesome results. I would not have gotten thin if I had to do it over again. It was too thin to replace the clear coat and decal that had come off the insert and I had to use clear to build it back up, as well as using two decals over each other. They sell a thicker version.
    amazon.com link »

I received this same product today. My playfield is already cleared and very level so I shouldn’t have a problem. Did you have any problems with tearing during installation?

#7 9 months ago
    Quoted from Silverstreak02:

I received this same product today. My playfield is already cleared and very level so I shouldn’t have a problem. Did you have any problems with tearing during installation?

Ah then you're good. These should smooth right in. The only issue that I then had was the printing wasn't dark enough to match other inserts so I had to double them up as well. But you can see how it looks for you.

No real issue with tearing at all. Just let it soak long enough. If you watch the video in the product they show you their install method, makes it really easy.

#8 9 months ago
    Quoted from harryhoudini:

Ah then you're good. These should smooth right in. The only issue that I then had was the printing wasn't dark enough to match other inserts so I had to double them up as well. But you can see how it looks for you.
    No real issue with tearing at all. Just let it soak long enough. If you watch the video in the product they show you their install method, makes it really easy.

I finished printing and will start installing when time permits. Thanks for the suggestion.

7 months later
    #9 44 days ago

Does everyone using water slide decals own a laser jet printer, or do you take it somewhere else to print?

#10 43 days ago
    Quoted from johnmacm:

Does everyone using water slide decals own a laser jet printer, or do you take it somewhere else to print?

Work.

Use secure print setting if your administrator has enabled, or better still print directly at the printer off a USB stick putting your expensive paper in the one off tray and enable the high quality settings for color, dpi and better paper.

Before anyone calls me on this my company is OK with this....possibly as they don't know.

#11 43 days ago

If you have a University nearby purchase a laser printer for cheap, most sell Surplus. Gave 15 bucks for a monster HP Color Laserjet full of ink.

1 week later
    #12 30 days ago
    Quoted from johnmacm:

I took mine to Staples for printing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 9,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 114.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    The MOD Couple
    £ 79.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinballToys
    Playfield - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    € 8.40
    $ 8,000.00
    $ 1,199.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 65.00
    Texas Pinball
    $ 24.95
    Hookedonpinball.com
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 49.00
    $ 799.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside