(Topic ID: 231003)

Water Slide Decals for Inserts

By nicknack66

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

My Rollergames has some worn insert art (probably from when someone lifted the mylar off). I have printed (using a laser printer) replacement insert art on some water slide decals and they apply nicely, but to no surprise don't stay in place for very long. Is there something I can apply to them (underneath) and/or on top of them to get them to safely stay in place on the playfield? I don't want to clear coat the whole playfield, and while it plays great, the pin is definitely a players condition so it doesn't have to be perfect, although still want it to look decent. If water slide decals are the wrong approach here, what should I use?
I can print using an ink jet or color laser printer. Thanks in advance for the great advice I always receive from my fellow Pinsiders.

#2 5 years ago

I put a piece of Mylar down over the decal and laser jet is a million times better imo. I use non-cling if there is a way to secure the edges under a ball guide, etc.

Good luck.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

My Rollergames has some worn insert art (probably from when someone lifted the mylar off). I have printed (using a laser printer) replacement insert art on some water side decals and they apply nicely, but to no surprise don't stay in place for very long. Is there something I can apply to them (underneath) and/or on top of them to get them to safely stay in place on the playfield? I don't want to clear coat the whole playfield, and while it plays great, the pin is definitely a players condition so it doesn't have to be perfect, although still want it to look decent. If water side decals are the wrong approach here, what should I use?
I can print using an ink jet or color laser printer. Thanks in advance for the great advice I always receive from my fellow Pinsiders.

I had this same problem. I used a PF protector. They weigh enough to keep the decal pinned down and protect it from damage, no clear coating required

#4 5 years ago

Great suggestions! Appreciate the tips.

#5 5 years ago

mylar and you're good to go

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

My Rollergames has some worn insert art (probably from when someone lifted the mylar off). I have printed (using a laser printer) replacement insert art on some water side decals and they apply nicely, but to no surprise don't stay in place for very long. Is there something I can apply to them (underneath) and/or on top of them to get them to safely stay in place on the playfield? I don't want to clear coat the whole playfield, and while it plays great, the pin is definitely a players condition so it doesn't have to be perfect, although still want it to look decent. If water side decals are the wrong approach here, what should I use?

I'm not asking this to be an a$$, I'm asking because maybe I've been saying wrong. Isn't it water slide decals?

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I'm not asking this to be an a$$, I'm asking because maybe I've been saying wrong. Isn't it water slide decals?

Good catch!!! Yes, water slide decals. That actually makes more sense. Just corrected the wording in this post/post string.

3 weeks later
#8 5 years ago

Just wanted to thank everyone who gave me advice on this thread. Installed new water slide decals and then put some clear Mylar over them and it came out great, and the decals should now be nicely protected. Thanks again!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashua, NH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/water-side-decals-for-inserts?hl=darcangeloel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.