Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 days ago by nicknack66
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 days ago

My Rollergames has some worn insert art (probably from when someone lifted the mylar off). I have printed (using a laser printer) replacement insert art on some water slide decals and they apply nicely, but to no surprise don't stay in place for very long. Is there something I can apply to them (underneath) and/or on top of them to get them to safely stay in place on the playfield? I don't want to clear coat the whole playfield, and while it plays great, the pin is definitely a players condition so it doesn't have to be perfect, although still want it to look decent. If water slide decals are the wrong approach here, what should I use?
I can print using an ink jet or color laser printer. Thanks in advance for the great advice I always receive from my fellow Pinsiders.

#2 12 days ago

I put a piece of Mylar down over the decal and laser jet is a million times better imo. I use non-cling if there is a way to secure the edges under a ball guide, etc.

Good luck.

#3 12 days ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

My Rollergames has some worn insert art (probably from when someone lifted the mylar off). I have printed (using a laser printer) replacement insert art on some water side decals and they apply nicely, but to no surprise don't stay in place for very long. Is there something I can apply to them (underneath) and/or on top of them to get them to safely stay in place on the playfield? I don't want to clear coat the whole playfield, and while it plays great, the pin is definitely a players condition so it doesn't have to be perfect, although still want it to look decent. If water side decals are the wrong approach here, what should I use?
I can print using an ink jet or color laser printer. Thanks in advance for the great advice I always receive from my fellow Pinsiders.

I had this same problem. I used a PF protector. They weigh enough to keep the decal pinned down and protect it from damage, no clear coating required

#4 12 days ago

Great suggestions! Appreciate the tips.

#5 12 days ago

mylar and you're good to go

#6 12 days ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

My Rollergames has some worn insert art (probably from when someone lifted the mylar off). I have printed (using a laser printer) replacement insert art on some water side decals and they apply nicely, but to no surprise don't stay in place for very long. Is there something I can apply to them (underneath) and/or on top of them to get them to safely stay in place on the playfield? I don't want to clear coat the whole playfield, and while it plays great, the pin is definitely a players condition so it doesn't have to be perfect, although still want it to look decent. If water side decals are the wrong approach here, what should I use?

I'm not asking this to be an a$$, I'm asking because maybe I've been saying wrong. Isn't it water slide decals?

#7 12 days ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I'm not asking this to be an a$$, I'm asking because maybe I've been saying wrong. Isn't it water slide decals?

Good catch!!! Yes, water slide decals. That actually makes more sense. Just corrected the wording in this post/post string.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 22.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Boards
PinSound
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati , OH
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Huxley, IA
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 15.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside