cleaning up at a deceased estate
lots of stuff
found a few watches, a Tissot and Citizen, probably not worth much
but also found these two;
a pocket watch with no markings, and I cannot tell if it opens
and a Valgine, automatic, 41 Jewels

both work, pocket watch is running a little fast

do these have value?

pocket (resized).jpgpocket (resized).jpgvalgine (resized).jpgvalgine (resized).jpg
#2 2 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

do these have value?

Probably not much. Pocket watch is in poor shape with face damage. Wrist watch doesn't look like much.

LTG : )

#3 2 years ago

There is a thread dedicated to collecting watches on Pinside. Maybe post in there? I actually collect Citizen watches from the 70’s. Quite a few have value but we’re mostly talking hundreds, not thousands. What model is on the back?

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

There is a thread dedicated to collecting watches on Pinside. Maybe post in there? I actually collect Citizen watches from the 70’s. Quite a few have value but we’re mostly talking hundreds, not thousands. What model is on the back?

the Valgine? just Automatic 416
there are no markings on the pocket watch

#5 2 years ago

the Valgine? just Automatic 416
there are no markings on the pocket watch

No, the Citizen.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

No, the Citizen.

sorry, my bad

the Citizen;

4-86025
60-0547
GN-5-5
JAPAN

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

There is a thread dedicated to collecting watches on Pinside. Maybe post in there?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballand-watches

#8 2 years ago

Valgine is not a company I'm familiar with. I've seen their dive watches go for a few hundred on eBay. The vintage stuff usually under $100 but it depends on condition. I believe Valgine used 3rd-party movements so when the guts are the same it mostly comes down to if the brand is popular. But it also means it could be easy to get serviced if you wanted it cleaned up.

Opening up the pocket watch to see the movement may be the only way to identify it. I'm not familiar with the market on pocket watches.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from DennisK:

I'm not familiar with the market on pocket watches.

If its not a Waltham or Hamilton Railroad watch the Market has dropped.
Sears sold millions of the style shown, only sentimental value. A lot of them will have green acid where the pawn shop tested the case for gold content.

#10 2 years ago

Ah yes I read Waltham pocket watches are collectable. I got a set of vintage wrist watches to try and bring back to life and one is a Waltham (after they went Swiss though).

#11 2 years ago

sorry, my bad
the Citizen;
4-86025
60-0547
GN-5-5
JAPAN

I believe this is a "Citizen Crystron 4-860250Y GP Quartz Authentic Mens Watch", from 1975.

Is this what it looks like?

Condition is everything with vintage watches. A Citizen of this age would typically sell for a couple hundred bucks or more if it's working AND in excellent condition like the one pictured. It's actually become fairly difficult to track down specific automatic Citizen models from the 70's.
citizenCrystron1975 (resized).jpgcitizenCrystron1975 (resized).jpg

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I believe this is a "Citizen Crystron 4-860250Y GP Quartz Authentic Mens Watch", from 1975.
Is this what it looks like?
Condition is everything with vintage watches. A Citizen of this age would typically sell for a couple hundred bucks or more if it's working AND in excellent condition like the one pictured. It's actually become fairly difficult to track down specific automatic Citizen models from the 70's.
[quoted image]

that is it (with a white face)
thank you

still discovering things

#13 2 years ago

cleaning up at a deceased estate
lots of stuff
found a few watches, a Tissot and Citizen, probably not worth much
but also found these two;
a pocket watch with no markings, and I cannot tell if it opens
and a Valgine, automatic, 41 Jewels
both work, pocket watch is running a little fast
do these have value?
[quoted image][quoted image]

The pocket watch looks like it has a porcelain face. I would bring it to a watchmaker. It potentially has good value.

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from Zartan:

The pocket watch looks like it has a porcelain face. I would bring it to a watchmaker. It potentially has good value.

I have a feeling that phil-lee is right, I did get the back off and it looks like it was just a common watch for the time

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/watches and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.