(Topic ID: 156316)

Watch VPcabs bring virtual pinball to the world on ABC's Shark Tank!!

By shakenbake

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 149 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by frolic
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

VPcabs_-_Shark_Tank_(resized).JPG
    6_(resized).png
    5_(resized).png
    4_(resized).png
    3_(resized).png
    2_(resized).png
    1_(resized).png
    Great_Pitch.jpg
    Mr._Wonderful.jpg
    Mr._Wonderful..png
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    OLearyEarpiece_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shakenbake.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

So excited to finally share the great news!! VPcabs will be on ABC's Shark Tank later this season!! We will update the thread with some photos and an air date in the coming weeks. We've made lots of new friends here on Pinside over the past few years and decided to share the news here first!!

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Even if it's not April Fools, the show is fake anyway.
    No one's ass will actually be torn.

I can assure you that the show is not fake in any way.

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

My coworker was on it and said that had she been chosen, Sony and ABC Television would have been equity partners in her business, not those goofy "investors". She still has the contract.
    She also said that the "investors" all had earpieces and were being fed the questions. When she asked about it, the producers said that was the only way to keep the show interesting.

That is no longer the case. There's a few decent articles about the changes they made after season 5 I believe.

#23 8 years ago

We're getting ready!!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#30 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Do they send you a DVD of the entire taping, or just the edited section that gets aired?
    I'd love to see all the coverage.
    My coworker said she was supposed to get a hardcopy, but they never sent it to her.

I wish they would. Lots of great info/advice that may not make the cut. I doubt they will though.

1 week later
    #34 8 years ago

Set your DVR. Our episode airs Friday May 13th!!

#37 8 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

I'm guessing full NDA until it airs

Yeah. My kids don't even know lol

#55 8 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

I can't wait until you drop the $8k model on them and everyone goes "Whoa what! I can't sell this at Target!" then dramatic music plays like that was a faux pas. Also looking forward to the term pinball wizard being overused and them exaggeratedly nudging the machine for no reason. Congrats on that primetime exposure regardless of whether they decide to rip you apart

Ahh but we have analog nudging/tilt. You can shake the machine and the ball moves!!

#56 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I wonder if any of the sharks would have bought J-pop's pitch.

One big difference. We have actually delivered a few hundred machines

#59 8 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Hey Brad tell them yer buddy has this great idea about when you want to turn on your lights, you snap. But dont steal my mojo bro.

Ok. We're all going Bonita fishing this weekend so I'll run it by them

1 week later
    #70 7 years ago

2 weeks later
    #103 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Congrats!
    I liked how you really came at them in the end.
    -
    So did you actually get that cash, or did it fall apart after the taping?

We did actually close our deal with Daymond!! He is an amazing partner and very involved.

#119 7 years ago

Thanks everybody! Very thankful for all of the friends we have made along the way and all the kind words said. Nothings really new though lol. It's back to work even harder than before!

#130 7 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

Congratulations-
    With the deal, is Daymond going to be making them now? I realize they edit the show for time constraints, but I didn't get what he wanted to do with the production company he owns. It sounded like he wants to make it somewhere else and have you promote it. Is that what the deal turned out to be?

We are keeping the production in house. We have built up a nice factory with great employees and plan to keep it that way.

Daymond is playing a huge part in our future branding, marketing and business leadership!! Truly a great guy and very accessible.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shakenbake.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/watch-vpcabs-bring-virtual-pinball-to-the-world-on-abcs-shark-tank?tu=shakenbake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.