Watch VPcabs bring virtual pinball to the world on ABC's Shark Tank!!

(Topic ID: 156316)

Watch VPcabs bring virtual pinball to the world on ABC's Shark Tank!!

By shakenbake

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 147 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by phillymadison
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 16 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

VPcabs_-_Shark_Tank_(resized).JPG
    6_(resized).png
    5_(resized).png
    4_(resized).png
    3_(resized).png
    2_(resized).png
    1_(resized).png
    Great_Pitch.jpg
    Mr._Wonderful.jpg
    Mr._Wonderful..png
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    OLearyEarpiece_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg

There are 147 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 2 years ago

Congrats Brad... hope it all works out for you.

#102 2 years ago

Nice work VPcabs

is there any on line links to watch for for overseas people?

#103 2 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Congrats!
    I liked how you really came at them in the end.
    -
    So did you actually get that cash, or did it fall apart after the taping?

We did actually close our deal with Daymond!! He is an amazing partner and very involved.

#105 2 years ago

Great show Brad!! I assumed you got the deal after pinfest in Atown.....you guys had the new "stand up" cabinets that played all the virtual pinball tables, pinball arcade, zen, etc....plus all the old school arcade games. This is a product I don't remember you guys selling so it seems you are branching out with your products. I hope success is ahead of you full steam!!!

#106 2 years ago
    Quoted from shakenbake:

We did actually close our deal with Daymond!! He is an amazing partner and very involved.

Congratulations, Brad!

#107 2 years ago

Congratulations on deal.
    I thought for sure Robert was going to make an offer after he said that he had 10 pins.

#108 2 years ago
    Quoted from insaneinthedrain:

Congratulations on deal.
    I thought for sure Robert was going to make an offer after he said that he had 10 pins.

Yeah that was hilarious to learn Robert was one of us.

He also seemed to know the market (us old guys).

It is cool to learn that Daymond closed the deal, so congrats on that.

#109 2 years ago

Congratulations, VPcabs!!!

We were taking bets before the VPcabs's viewing party and almost everyone was picking Robert or Mark. Daymond was the last Shark I thought would make the deal. I'm so happy for Brad, Lonnie, and the rest of the gang at VPcabs!

A pic of me and the proud owner, Brad Baker, before the show went on the air last night:

VPcabs_-_Shark_Tank_(resized).JPG

#110 2 years ago

Congrats Brad and crew! Couldn't happen to a nicer and more passionate guy - great job on the pitch and way to hang in there!

Scott

#111 2 years ago

Congrats Brad and great story. If Daymond does help and starts to take over building the machines it might help to get the build cost down and try to renegotiate the licensing fee. I think if they were priced a little lower more families could afford them and VP could potentially sell substantially more units. I wish you luck with your endeavors and thank you for spreading the love of pinball to the masses.

One thing that Mark said I would have to disagree with-" This is actually better than traditional pinball."

#112 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

One thing that Mark said I would have to disagree with-" This is actually better than traditional pinball."

I think the whole pinball world booed their screens at the same time at that moment.

But the segment was about VPcabs, not about regular pinball, so it was their moment to promote their product, so it was good for their business for that to be said.

#113 2 years ago

def congrats to VPcabs on the deal. I was surprised to see that the shark in the end who made the deal was also the first one, by far, to sit down and not really play the cabs (unless it was an edit job done by ABC). I thought for sure he wasn't interested. Regardless, I've spoken to Brad in the past and he's a really nice and welcoming guy. Best of luck on the business and best of all, pinball gets more attention so good job.

#114 2 years ago

Congrats, it will be interesting to see how much difference an investor with manufacturing interest will make. Like many others I've alway been very interested in the system and already a avid player of Pinball Arcade and Pinball FX, so it makes sense. However the cost is a barrier for me. If your at the RockyMountain Showdown next month, I'll certainly be by the booth.

#115 2 years ago

I'm confused on how they would sell VP or VPinMame, or original roms as they are not to be used commerciallly. they can sell a cabinet with pinballFX2 installed, but I saw Mame installed on the cabs at Allentown. That is a No-No, and should get in trouble for trying to sell it. Good luck as I want more VP people around to to play and talk to. Just hope they can figure out a way to do it legally. (many people have asked me why I don't sell cabs, and I tell them its hard to do legally)

#116 2 years ago
    Quoted from slydog43:

I'm confused on how they would sell VP or VPinMame, or original roms as they are not to be used commerciallly. they can sell a cabinet with pinballFX2 installed,

Sony laptops have Bittorrent installed from the factory, but they don't include any pirated Sony movies.

From their FAQ:

Q: How do I get the classic pinball and/or arcade games on my machine?

A: We do the hard part for you!! We setup the entire front end software so that you can download a few files and be playing the classic games in no time!! To get your games we recommend going to www.VPuniverse.com and watching/reading their tutorials.

#117 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

Mark thinks it's better.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

He probably likes Herbal Tea better than Black Tea.....

#118 2 years ago
    Quoted from slydog43:

but I saw Mame installed on the cabs at Allentown. That is a No-No, and should get in trouble for trying to sell it

mame licensing has changed
    http://www.mamedev.org/?p=422

#119 2 years ago

Thanks everybody! Very thankful for all of the friends we have made along the way and all the kind words said. Nothings really new though lol. It's back to work even harder than before!

#120 2 years ago

Anyone have a link to the episode? Torrent?

#121 2 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Anyone have a link to the episode? Torrent?

Goto kat.cr

search: shark tank s07e28

ONLY click horseshoe magnet link.

#122 2 years ago

Congrats last night. That was a fun episode. I wonder what 10 games Robert owns?

How long was your actual presentation and Q&A with the sharks? I've heard they can go a very long time and what we see on tv is the 5 minute edited way down version.

#123 2 years ago

Way to go Brad. Congrats.

Can't wait to see what you do next.

#124 2 years ago
    Quoted from Minneapolispin:

Congrats last night. That was a fun episode. I wonder what 10 games Robert owns?
    How long was your actual presentation and Q&A with the sharks? I've heard they can go a very long time and what we see on tv is the 5 minute edited way down version.

Yeah I'm guessing newer Sterns based on his $4-$5k comment.

Congrats, I'm waiting for a mini 19" desktop machine for $1k.

#125 2 years ago
    Quoted from shakenbake:

Thanks everybody! Very thankful for all of the friends we have made along the way and all the kind words said. Nothings really new though lol. It's back to work even harder than before!

Will you have a booth at the Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show?

I'd love to see these in person. Just watched the Shark Tank episode - awesome!

#126 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Great show Brad!! I assumed you got the deal after pinfest in Atown.....you guys had the new "stand up" cabinets that played all the virtual pinball tables, pinball arcade, zen, etc....plus all the old school arcade games. This is a product I don't remember you guys selling so it seems you are branching out with your products. I hope success is ahead of you full steam!!!

Our family watched too. Awesome stuff. Pinballers have passion and it showed. I played the standup and standard cabs and would've taken a standup home if I had room. I love to see this.

Please keep us posted.

#127 2 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Goto kat.cr
    search: shark tank s07e28
    ONLY click horseshoe magnet link.

Yep was about to start looking. Seems more and more sites are doing magnet only links now.

#128 2 years ago

Congratulations-

With the deal, is Daymond going to be making them now? I realize they edit the show for time constraints, but I didn't get what he wanted to do with the production company he owns. It sounded like he wants to make it somewhere else and have you promote it. Is that what the deal turned out to be?

#130 2 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

Congratulations-
    With the deal, is Daymond going to be making them now? I realize they edit the show for time constraints, but I didn't get what he wanted to do with the production company he owns. It sounded like he wants to make it somewhere else and have you promote it. Is that what the deal turned out to be?

We are keeping the production in house. We have built up a nice factory with great employees and plan to keep it that way.

Daymond is playing a huge part in our future branding, marketing and business leadership!! Truly a great guy and very accessible.

#131 2 years ago
    Quoted from shakenbake:

We are keeping the production in house. We have built up a nice factory with great employees and plan to keep it that way.
    Daymond is playing a huge part in our future branding, marketing and business leadership!! Truly a great guy and very accessible.

That's great news and WOW you get to hang out with a billionare. How cool is that.

#132 2 years ago

Congrats to you guys. very nice job on shark tank.

I have played your games at pinfest and always found them to be fun.

I really like the vertical cab that was at this years show.

#133 2 years ago

Watched it.

Congrats on the deal. Best of luck going forward!!

#134 2 years ago

Is Daymond going to be joining you at Pintastic this year?

#135 2 years ago
    Quoted from Daniml:

Is Daymond going to be joining you at Pintastic this year?

Yes he REALLY should come to one or two of the shows you'll be at to see for himself how excited people are and talk to them about your product.

#136 2 years ago

Great episode and congrats on the deal. I'm curious though on one part. In the show it was mentioned that aprox $1K per machine was paid out in license fees. If the cabs don't come with games pre-installed and the artwork is your own design. Who's charging you license fees? That's unfortunate you have to pay out that much

#137 2 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Great episode and congrats on the deal. I'm curious though on one part. In the show it was mentioned that aprox $1K per machine was paid out in license fees. If the cabs don't come with games pre-installed and the artwork is your own design. Who's charging you license fees? That's unfortunate you have to pay out that much

They can pay for & preinstall Pinball Arcade and Fx2 (or whatever the PC version of the zen studios games is) - if you buy/install all the seasons/tables of TPA and FX - what's that come to?

#138 2 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

They can pay for & preinstall Pinball Arcade and Fx2 (or whatever the PC version of the zen studios games is) - if you buy/install all the seasons/tables of TPA and FX - what's that come to?

Is Farsight officially supporting cabinets for Pinball Arcade now?-I know there was talk of this but I haven't been following lately. I like Visual Pinball and VPX10 but it would be nice to have official TPA support just to bring more consistency and have a way to have the official stuff on a cabinet legally.

#139 2 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

Is Farsight officially supporting cabinets for Pinball Arcade now?-I know there was talk of this but I haven't been following lately. I like Visual Pinball and VPX10 but it would be nice to have official TPA support just to bring more consistency and have a way to have the official stuff on a cabinet legally.

Oh, that's right - they never did release official cabinet support did they? Then I'm not sure what's up.

#140 2 years ago

If someone would modify TPA with the new VP physics engine that would solve my only gripe with the game. It's really floaty.

#141 2 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Oh, that's right - they never did release official cabinet support did they? Then I'm not sure what's up.

If I were VPCabs/Daymond the first thing I'd try to do is reach an exclusive agreement with Farsight to bring the Pinball Arcade to VPCabs. Having all of the official tables installed/supported would go a long ways in bringing credibility to the platform.

#142 2 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

If I were VPCabs/Daymond the first thing I'd try to do is reach an exclusive agreement with Farsight to bring the Pinball Arcade to VPCabs. Having all of the official tables installed/supported would go a long ways in bringing credibility to the platform.

agreed! I really dont care for virtual pinball but would buy a game if it played all the Farsight games!

#143 2 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

Yes, this would be a smart move by both VPcabs and Farsight. VPcabs gets TPA on their cabs without having to us a mod and Farsight can start selling cab versions of all their tables to everyone whom already has their own cab or is building their own.

Quoted from epthegeek:

If that is the licensing fee, then maybe a suggestion would be to have each table platform as an option to the buyer. May help reduce the cost to the customer as well as maybe gain more profit for VPcabs. For instance, there's a lot of people out there that would rather save a couple hundred $$$ and add the platforms and tables they want vs paying for ones they may not want. There are also people that want a full turn-key (thus the option suggestion).

Anyways, not trying to prod into your business Brad. Just was curious and thought I'd throw a suggestion out there to maybe help make you some more $$$ and also sell a few more machines.

#144 2 years ago

Software has always been the weakest link in every VP that I have played. Future Pinball and Virtual Pinball aren't up to the task. But if Farsight got into the game, I'd be all over that.

#145 2 years ago

Seattle Pinball Museum has a VP Cabs LE available to play with paid admission. We also are a dealer for VP Cabs and welcome interested buyers to try out the game during our regular business hours! Complimentary games are offered to test drive this awesome vp platform!

#146 2 years ago

#147 2 years ago

I was just able to watch the episode and congratulations on making a deal. I knew you were gonna have an up hill battle with getting one. A few seasons back they had the arcade machine with a fridge in it and the Sharks hated it. Robert talked about having an arcade in his house and how after a day no one played anything anymore. I'm not sure if Daymond was on that one but for you I'm glad he was.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 55.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    £ 32.00
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    € 95.00
    Lighting - Led
    FlipperLED
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 50.00
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    DBC Pinball
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 1,099.00
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    There are 147 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside