Topic Stats

• 84 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by tamoore
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Image2 (resized).jpg
    E0E02966-96D4-4FD8-AFD9-390D49514BC7 (resized).jpeg
    027D2D6D-4AFA-4592-8642-90E72EA204E9 (resized).png
    download (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 27dnast.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I hope everyone is aware how easy it is to do an image search on Google in order to ascertain whether a "seller" is actually a scammer using stolen pics.

How do you do it?

#35 6 years ago

I had a scammer contact me during a recent search for Big Game. Initial email sounded educated and reasonable... had a video of gameplay and bunch of photos attached.

I responded but didn’t hear back for 2 days (which raised a red flag). So, I requested additional pictures, which, upon inspection, were obviously from different machines.

So, I decided to have some fun and see how far the scammer would push it: I asked some totally outlandish questions using fake part names... and the guy responded by answering using the fake part names and bragging about how he installed them.

Kind of funny/sad... pretty sure it was a response to a Pinball Classifieds Post.

The person’s email IP was somewhere in Kansas... but was claiming he lives in northern North Carolina. I’m sure it’s possible they were outside of the US.

#50 6 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

Is this a scam? You just posted your phone number and your super secret code number.

They never stop. It's easier to steal than work.

Good thing the guy didn’t ask for pictures of his social security card and driver’s license...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 27dnast.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/watch-out-for-scammers?tu=27dnast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.