Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by CrazyLevi
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3393A957-FE6F-40EF-BB6B-2B83883E8760 (resized).jpeg
    DA09E0F5-EA3E-4935-A4EC-C9AEA7811554.gif
    7ff330990a7ef4cc8546d588b9703dc1 (resized).jpg
    ED939FDB-374D-4387-90B8-6C1FC90CE26B.gif
    CEA49C87-AF1E-4B09-A44E-6581F0662F92.gif

This topic is closed.

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 2 years ago

Was in negotiations for the Tron LE #322 from pinsider member saveleaningtower. After 3 weeks of talking, getting a loan and speaking to every frickn pinball transport co, I was at the point I needed to wire him $25k and he wasn’t willing to even give me his address…. He kept saying this is how it’s done. So he pulled the plug on the deal. Now he has resisted it 4 days later for $30,000 but without all the extras that he was including in our deal…. Greedy scamming fraudster. If you can’t go to his house to pay him, I would stay far away from this clown. I did everything he asked then He questions my Reputation, because I am new to pinsider. It was a real Gut punch and wouldn’t do business with him. His Tron LE #322 is spectacular, but not sure he is serious or honest. BEWARE!

#2 2 years ago

$25k is too much anyhow. Buy yourself a couple of good Stern premiums instead.

#3 2 years ago

Yeah…at $25K if I am selling I would be happy to give a serious buyer my address and say cash on the glass, come on by. If a local deal can’t be done I would use a broker service for that amount of money to protect everyone. And addresses have to be exchanged if you have to ship it so not sure why the guy wouldn’t give an address…run away from that shit.

#4 2 years ago

25k for a tron is insane, especially when you could buy 3 new games for that price. I don’t see how any single game is worth that.

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from Katmanzu:

Was in negotiations for the Tron LE #322 from pinsider member saveleaningtower. After 3 weeks of talking, getting a loan and speaking to every frickn pinball transport co, I was at the point I needed to wire him $25k and he wasn’t willing to even give me his address…. He kept saying this is how it’s done. So he pulled the plug on the deal. Now he has resisted it 4 days later for $30,000 but without all the extras that he was including in our deal…. Greedy scamming fraudster. If you can’t go to his house to pay him, I would stay far away from this clown. I did everything he asked then He questions my Reputation, because I am new to pinsider. It was a real Gut punch and wouldn’t do business with him. His Tron LE #322 is spectacular, but not sure he is serious or honest. BEWARE!

If it doesn't feel right, sometimes you just don't do it.

I have no idea on this transaction, but FTR, I had both a Tron Pro and Tron LE. No reason to go LE. Just go look for loaded Pro.

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from Katmanzu:

pinsider member saveleaningtower

You're willing to offer a ridiculous amount of money for a table not worth half that and you're calling other people scammers?

Big red flag.

Scammers don't care at all what something costs because they're not paying for it anyway. Saveleaningtower was smart to heed the warning signs.

#7 2 years ago

There's a Tron in MI for under 20k not sure which model but could find out more. I know the seller through the pinball community and have bought from his father. PM if you want more info.

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:You're willing to offer a ridiculous amount of money for a table not worth half that and you're calling other people scammers?
    Big red flag.
    Scammers don't care at all what something costs because they're not paying for it anyway. Saveleaningtower was smart to heed the warning signs.

Haha, what? So if you list an ad for a high price and somebody is willing to pay it, the buyer is instantly a scammer?

#9 2 years ago

OMG you dodged a bullet far better things to spend 25k on than a Tron LE pinball machine

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

So if you list an ad for a high price and somebody is willing to pay it, the buyer is instantly a scammer?

Your argument is a strawman. No one claimed that.

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Your argument is a strawman. No one claimed that.

If I am understanding correctly, that ad had an asking price, the OP was willing to pay it, you feel the price is too high and that means we should suspect the OP is the real scammer? Is that not what the logic is? The price is what the seller listed. Why list something at a price that you would be suspicious of anyone actually taking?

I don’t know either of these people so either one could be a scammer for all I know. Hell the OP may have been a huge pain to work with and that’s why it fell through. Who knows. But to claim someone is instantly suspicious for offering to pay the asking amount on an ad is bizarre. I personally wouldn’t pay anywhere near that amount but it doesn’t make someone a scammer for wanting to.

#12 2 years ago

CEA49C87-AF1E-4B09-A44E-6581F0662F92.gifCEA49C87-AF1E-4B09-A44E-6581F0662F92.gif

#13 2 years ago

Tron is an ok pin (In my opinion) definitely not worth 25k, a matter of fact no pin is worth 25k (at least to me).

Go buy 3 badass sterns

Deadpool, Iron Maiden, Godzilla are a few you may want to consider.

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from Katmanzu:

LOL. He is NOT a scammer. He has been around here for a long time. You are the newb and probably was driving him bonkers.

#15 2 years ago

If I am understanding correctly, that ad had an asking price, the OP was willing to pay it

Go back and read the OP's post again. First it was 25k, then 30k for less stuff.

Quoted from Katmanzu:

needed to wire him $25k and he wasn’t willing to even give me his address…. He kept saying this is how it’s done. So he pulled the plug on the deal. Now he has resisted it 4 days later for $30,000 but without all the extras that he was including in our deal…

you feel the price is too high and that means we should suspect the OP is the real scammer?

You're making an unwarranted leap of logic from "red flag" to scammer.

I agree with you when you say it could have been multiple reasons (red flags) the deal didn't happen.

There is a small community of scambaiters at https://www.419eater.com/ Some of the stories there are hilarious.

#16 2 years ago

Never trust a guy from Jersey! Oh wait...

#17 2 years ago

Please don't borrow money to buy pinball machines.

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Please don't borrow money to buy pinball machines.

I do it all the time. Travel rewards baby!

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from McDoom:

Go buy 3 badass sterns

Deadpool, Iron Maiden, Godzilla are a few you may want to consider.

Could you even get three for under 25k these days?

#20 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I do it all the time. Travel rewards baby!

ED939FDB-374D-4387-90B8-6C1FC90CE26B.gifED939FDB-374D-4387-90B8-6C1FC90CE26B.gif

#21 2 years ago

The guys been around 10 years and you say he's a scammer because he doesn't want to deal with a new OP on Pinside and risk getting scammed himself???? Man I think I've heard everything now....I think the moment you stated "you took out a loan for a pinball machine" is when you lost 99.999% of us. You might want to apologize to saveleaningtower and learn from this. BTW, great first forum post (way to knock it out of the park)!!!

#22 2 years ago

It's generally unwise to get a loan for pin. Either save up for a game you want, or just buy what you can afford. Don't go into debt for a game.

There are some businesses where you can rent a game on a weekly/monthly basis if you want to go that route.

#23 2 years ago
    Quoted from Katmanzu:

I was at the point I needed to wire him $25k and he wasn’t willing to even give me his address….

Pretty sure this dude posted his addy on here in the past by mistake, label on a game shipped to him? Maybe he got some crap from that and freaked out?

#24 2 years ago

He's not a scammer, but 25k for a Tron has me rethinking that lol. Don't be a dumbass.

#25 2 years ago
    Quoted from Katmanzu:

I don’t know any of the details of the deal that you were working on and I’m not here to comment on the price of this game, but I do want to say that Ant (Pinsider saveleaningtower) is a solid member of this community and certainly not a scammer!

#26 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yesh23:

The guys been around 10 years and you say he's a scammer because he doesn't want to deal with a new OP on Pinside and risk getting scammed himself???? Man I think I've heard everything now....I think the moment you stated "you took out a loan for a pinball machine" is when you lost 99.999% of us. You might want to apologize to saveleaningtower and learn from this. BTW, great first forum post (way to knock it out of the park)!!!

Yeah23 - Man It’s crazy. You must have a crystal ball. You couldn’t be more on the money!!!

He comes out of nowhere. No history, no deals, no posts, …. and starts relentlessly messaging me like an obsessed 13 year old.

After a bunch of messages I finally messaged back. I proceeded with caution and finally just gave the guy a call.

So many seriously wrong things going on primarily the loan to pay for a freaking pin. WTF. So I tell him I want cash on glass but obviously that can’t be done. He lives in bumblefuck, USA. And by that I mean just not close at all. Like 23 hours one way away.

So I give him my wire info figuring if the money hits my account, then the game is his. No money no game. I’m safe. Not one person can vouch for him so that’s how it’s gotta be.

I had him agree to a contract that my lawyer wrote stating I would give the info for pickup when funds cleared. I wasn’t giving my address till then. Sorry. Too bad for him. Get a history of doing deals and a reputation and then it’s a different story. But he had none of the above.

So finally after getting a million texts, he asks if I can provide him with a history of the pin including details. So now he wants address, details about the games history, he already has my bank info and I’m like fuck this shit. We’re done. What’s his plan? Steal my game and then have all info he needs to try and prove it’s his.

Most of the old timers here know I teach physics and hustle my ass off doing sports, grad school, helping kids with math and science, spending time with my family, trying to have a life and this guys is just driving me fucking nuts at this point.

I didn’t want to do the deal anymore even if the money hit and was safe. I told him deals off. He just never understood the risk I was taking. I have never fucked anyone over here on Pinside or Rec Games Pinball.

I told him many times to come on Pinside and ask about me but he didn’t. Instead he posts this bullshit as his first post. Fucking comical.

Oh and I forgot to mention the day he sent me over the top I had just finished working 14 hours straight for the second day in a row. Also, my daughter and I were both having health issues which we are still trying to get answers to and have been to doctors all week. I have to get a colonoscopy because of it for goodness sakes. This dude is like a curse.

Anyway I’m done. I appreciate everyone who sent me a message about this thread and how I should come on and tell my story. Have a good night and enjoy the comedy.

#27 2 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

LOL. He is NOT a scammer. He has been around here for a long time. You are the newb and probably was driving him bonkers.

Man Woody you’re right on too. Bonkers is an understatement.

#28 2 years ago

Hell the OP may have been a huge pain to work with and that’s why it fell through. Who knows.

Understatement of the evening.

#29 2 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

You're willing to offer a ridiculous amount of money for a table not worth half that and you're calling other people scammers?
    Big red flag.

Ding, Ding, Ding

#30 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

Yeah…at $25K if I am selling I would be happy to give a serious buyer my address and say cash on the glass, come on by. If a local deal can’t be done I would use a broker service for that amount of money to protect everyone. And addresses have to be exchanged if you have to ship it so not sure why the guy wouldn’t give an address…run away from that shit.

Maybe if the dude had a reference. You sound pretty bold with your bullshit but not unexpected since it’s not your game.

#31 2 years ago
    Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

Maybe if the dude had a reference. You sound pretty bold with your bullshit but not unexpected since it’s not your game.

You’ve always played it smart amigo. Worst kind of buyers are the snowflakes. Hoping you and the fam are good.

#32 2 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

You’ve always played it smart amigo. Worst kind of buyers are the snowflakes. Hoping you and the fam are good.

Thanks buddy. We will find out soon. Good news is that doctors aren’t worried in both cases.

Be safe be well.

#33 2 years ago

If I am not local and paying that kind of money for a game and need to get a shipping quote I need an address….I would do that before asking for banking info/SSN or even verifying your name. Also note I said to use a broker as it protects everyone. Plenty of ways to be scammed as a seller and a buyer as we all have heard the stories. I am not spouting any BS….just saying an address is not a ridiculous request and he “claims” you did not give it….don’t know if that is true or not…but you gave him payment info but no address? I am not spouting any BS… just being the voice of reason for purchasing a high priced item. At 25K I am bringing the money in person…worth a trip or flight to inspect and meet in person but that’s what I would do. If that’s not possible then a broker protects everyone.

Agree the OP is ridiculous to post on here about it. Taking a loan out for a game is dumb as well. There are always 2 sides to a story so glad you cleared the air. On a high end collectible I expect any buyer to have a few questions but you either know what the item/condition is and want it or you don’t. Some deals just aren’t meant to be and sometimes that’s for the best. You will have no problem getting the game to a good home.

#34 2 years ago

Thanks buddy. We will find out soon. Good news is that doctors aren’t worried in both cases.
    Be safe be well.

Good news from the docs is always good!

#35 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

If I am not local and paying that kind of money for a game and need to get a shipping quote I need an address….I would do that before asking for banking info/SSN or even verifying your name. Also note I said to use a broker as it protects everyone. Plenty of ways to be scammed as a seller and a buyer as we all have heard the stories. I am not spouting any BS….just saying an address is not a ridiculous request and he “claims” you did not give it….don’t know if that is true or not…but you gave him payment info but no address? I am not spouting any BS… just being the voice of reason for purchasing a high priced item. At 25K I am bringing the money in person…worth a trip or flight to inspect and meet in person but that’s what I would do. If that’s not possible then a broker protects everyone.
    Agree the OP is ridiculous to post on here about it. Taking a loan out for a game is dumb as well. There are always 2 sides to a story so glad you cleared the air. On a high end collectible I expect any buyer to have a few questions but you either know what the item/condition is and want it or you don’t. Some deals just aren’t meant to be and sometimes that’s for the best. You will have no problem getting the game to a good home.

He knows where I live. It’s on our avatars. Says Morristown, NJ. That’s all he needed to get a roundabout number for shipping.

#36 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

Good news from the docs is always good!

I really don’t like to be a jerk/asshole or rude to anyone but that’s the NJ in me. I really didn’t feel good about the way it went down but to be honest I was concerned and I thought I had a right to be.

He told me he has a business of breeding dogs. I even tried to see if there were any positive reviews/references about that but I found zero. I hope he finds a nice local game but doing a 25000 deal like this for unobtainium parts including a nos true Tron le playfiled, laser cut chrome lit rails and hinges and the only real “LE” that doesn’t have a premium equivalent pin just wasn’t going to happen.

#37 2 years ago

I really don’t like to be a jerk/asshole or rude to anyone but that’s the NJ in me. I really didn’t feel good about the way it went down but to be honest I was concerned and I thought I had a right to be.
    He told me he has a business of breeding dogs. I even tried to see if there were any positive reviews/references about that but I found zero. I hope he finds a nice local game but doing a 25000 deal like this for unobtainium parts including a nos true Tron le playfiled, laser cut chrome lit rails and hinges and the only real “LE” that doesn’t have a premium equivalent pin just wasn’t going to happen.

Given all the extras he won’t find that local for sure. Long distance transactions can be a pain and sometimes are not worth the hassle. Don’t sweat it…this just a typical day in the hobby….someone always has to stir the pot.

#38 2 years ago
    Quoted from Katmanzu:

7ff330990a7ef4cc8546d588b9703dc1 (resized).jpg7ff330990a7ef4cc8546d588b9703dc1 (resized).jpg
    #39 2 years ago

In before the lock!

#40 2 years ago
    Quoted from Katmanzu:

So the deal didn't go through because of your unrealistic request (addresses of the previous owners etc..) no cash on the glass and all the other Red flags displayed to Saveleaningtower and you thought it was a good idea to get on here and make up a bunch of lies about the guy?

I’m not sure what you thought you were going to accomplish here but it doesn’t seem like you got the desired results.

That's a shame.

#41 2 years ago

Good to point out best course in life is avoidance difficult people. My course of action pinball or other objects simple. When in doubt state in uncertain terms go buy elsewhere. That offers closure and terminates the conversation.

Better to avoid stepping in shit than trying to clean your flip flops and toes!

Enjoy the day Shane

#42 2 years ago

We had 2 stores selling pinballs over the years. 100,s of games.
    Every now and then I would talk someone out of a sale because I could sense selling them a game would be lots of trouble.
    Sometimes its better to cut a check for 25.00 and tell the customer to go get lunch and not come back.
    This is the case here. You saved LOTS of stress by dropping the deal with this buyer.

#43 2 years ago

It's funny when a picky,problematic buyer will ask the history of a worn out 30 year old game.
    2 babies were conceived on top of it, it was toppled over twice, spent 3 years in an unheated warehouse. Kicked in the coin door a dozen times, slammed againts the wall, broken into 3 times, spit on,scratched with a key, drinks spilled on it.burnt with a cigarette lighter, traveled on a boat twice for 2 months.

#44 2 years ago

Huh. OP’s one post is stirring up shit and trashing a fantastic OG Pinsider. What’s next? Lloyd was seen hanging out with Jay and Silent Bob? Robin is actually Dr Evil? JJP has a new 10 year bumper to bumper warranty???
    DA09E0F5-EA3E-4935-A4EC-C9AEA7811554.gifDA09E0F5-EA3E-4935-A4EC-C9AEA7811554.gif

#45 2 years ago

For 25k the OP might as well have made it 30k overall and flown to Jersey, rent a truck and put cash on the glass.

But like others said, why would you ever take out a loan for a pin. It's a game...

#46 2 years ago

#47 2 years ago

OP's first post is off to a great start.

3393A957-FE6F-40EF-BB6B-2B83883E8760 (resized).jpeg3393A957-FE6F-40EF-BB6B-2B83883E8760 (resized).jpeg
    #48 2 years ago

OP seems like the real winner here. These 20k+ games are going to crash hard someday.

#49 2 years ago
    Quoted from MaxIsDead:

OP seems like the real winner here. These 20k+ games are going to crash hard someday.

What day will that be Krezken?

#50 2 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

What day will that be Krezken?

No idea. I am unable to predict the future. Probably the next major economic downturn? Maybe never? I dunno. Just seems risky to spend 25k on a single game.

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/watch-out-for-scammers-1?hl=jack8765 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.