Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by toyotaboy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

...went to look at a bk2k for sale on ebay near me and wasn't allowed to inspect/play the machine as i arranged over the phone the day before. The "boss" said "come whenever we're open" and the gal that helped me today said "you shoulda made an appointment". Heck, she even dropped some f bombs for me! Sweet!

#2 12 years ago

Sorry man. That is outrageous.

Was this some sort of store it was located at in that you had to make an "appointment"?

I'd be pissed.

#3 12 years ago

It was the "sellitnowstore" in Waukesha WI. I'm going over the auction listing for it now as she said it plainly stated there was battery corrosion in the backbox but she wouldn't let me open the galsh darn backbox to see it. They also didn't have batteries in the backbox so i couldn't play it either. Man, i was angry.

#4 12 years ago

I really hate that. I went to go buy a pinball machine a few weeks back and I had already made a deal over the phone. I stopped to withdraw the cash and headed out. On the way I spoke with the seller on the phone and told him I had the money and would be there in about 20-25 minutes. When I was literally 3 minutes away from his home, he called me and said, "some guy is here now, and it looks like he's buying the machine. He got here first."

I asked him why he didn't keep our deal. His response was, "I don't know, he just called and said he could be here in 10 minutes. That was about 15 minutes ago."

Our conversation actually ended while I was pulling up to his house. I try not to act bitter, but this one really pissed me off. I said, "well, I'm outside your house. I can't believe you'd burn someone to save yourself 3 minutes of selling time. That's pretty awful."

He says, "I have a MAME too. You can look at that so you don't waste the trip."

The last thing I said was, "if you don't get it, I won't bother trying to explain. Just don't expect to have as easy of a time selling around here if you do this stuff often."

I drove home pissed off, out about $15 in gas and a couple of hours of my time.

#5 12 years ago

Dave: sounds like you probably shouldn't have bought it anyway with the battery acid problem.

I know that pumped feeling.. getting the cash.. driving.. contemplating "is this a waste of money".. " should i put this $700 bucks towards my mortgage?"........ etc. etc.

Sorry man.

#6 12 years ago

I hate to hear these stories. I guess the best that can be done is to forget about it as soon as possible and just let it go. I bet that is easier said than done when you have the excitement of adding a machine squashed by some a-hole. Keep your head up Dave that pin wasn't meant for you maybe something better will pop up soon you never know.

#7 12 years ago

Apparently, somebody emailed them about the leaky batteries and they responded back "thank you for your expert opinion" or something snotty like that. The gal told me like i was some sorta dumbass when i said i didn't see the part about the leaky batteries even though it was just added as an answered question today.

I wish I woulda bought Black Rose's machine!!!

#8 12 years ago

Are you the high bidder on it?

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Are you the high bidder on it?

Nope, and i wouldn't pay what it's currently bid up to now that i've seen it/dealt with those clowns. Whoever wins that thing is going to be PISSED OFF!

#10 12 years ago

I bet. I can't see bidding on a pin sight unseen. I prefer CL must better..

#11 12 years ago

Maybe they won't be mad. I'm just ticked off about the whole deal right now. I'm definitely done bidding now.

#12 12 years ago

Obviously they didn't want you to see the machine prior to the end of the auction as you may report your findings on the auction page.

Sounds like something is up with the machine. Be glad you didn't win it.

#13 12 years ago

nah, the auction is still running right now. I wanted to be sure what i was bidding on before i bid higher than i did.

#14 12 years ago

Dave, I kinda agree with TDA, I dont think this pin was meant to be in your collection. Not this one at least. I wouldnt want to deal with anyone like that anyway. If they were open and you went there -than they should of let you inspect the machine, appointment or no appointment. I hope you find a great bk2k and enjoy it for a long time. Peace

#15 12 years ago

So I guess a BJ was out of the question? I would have raised holy hell that's for sure! In fact if I drove 4 hours the cops would have had to tell me to leave...

#16 12 years ago

Hahaha, i drove about 75 minutes each way and was there about 30 minutes while she attempted to help/call people. She gave it the ole' college try but she cursed like a sailor. I think she was pissed about the situation and not me but she wasn't very sympathetic about my wasted time.

#17 12 years ago

I woulda started breaking stuff.

#18 12 years ago

sounds like an amateur ,
    better off finding another Bk2000

#19 12 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

she cursed like a sailor

Hey!

#20 12 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

Heck, she even dropped some f bombs for me! Sweet!

That's crazy. Did you say, I like it when you talk dirty?
    You could have got those bombs to fall, like out of a B-52.

#21 12 years ago

That really sucks, you will find yours, just be patient.

#22 12 years ago

@dave: I was bidding on that too, glad it went out of my price range. I also asked them about the black skirt that the previous owner nailed to the upper playfield (which is obviously not stock), they respond:
    "We took a closer look at the area you mentioned. It does appear an operator put a "skirt" on that area to protect the contacts for the upper level. I hope that helps!"

These guys ARE idiots. I don't think I'm ever going to bid on anything from them again. I'm not sure if they are co-signing pins for customers, or they're the ones sitting on craigslist waiting for deals so they can buy cheap pins and resell them. There was a bk2000 pin earlier that day on craigslist for $1200 in delavan, WI.. I offered him $1000, was all ready to go up and look at it, then he emails me back (some guy offered to come 3 hours before you, sorry I have to sell first come first serve). How the hell am I supposed to leave work to buy a pin? I'm pretty it's the same place that snagged it away from me.

#23 12 years ago
    Quoted from Loupie:

Did you say, I like it when you talk dirty?

You also could have asked "Do you kiss your mother with that dirty mouth?" and if she replied "Yes" you could have followed up with "Did she like it?".

#24 12 years ago

the mylar is bubbling pretty badly on the machine, too. just in case any prospective buyers are reading this.

They also received a call about the machine while i was there and they offered to deliver it to the expo next week, if anybody cares about that.

#25 12 years ago
    Quoted from jrrdw:

You also could have asked "Do you kiss your mother with that dirty mouth?" and if she replied "Yes" you could have followed up with "Did she like it?".

i'm more of the type that would ask to watch next time. hahaha!

#26 12 years ago

Are they a real business? If so report them to the BBB.

#27 12 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

Are they a real business? If so report them to the BBB.

Honestly, don't bother wasting your time. The BBB doesn't do much about this type of stuff.. or really much about anything in general.

#28 12 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

Perve! hahaha I'd watch it myself.....

#29 12 years ago
    Quoted from jrrdw:

davewth said:

Perve! hahaha I'd watch it myself.....

The chick at the store was smokin hot

#30 12 years ago

That machine is up to $1325 now. I coulda saved some time waiting until the next to last day to make sure it didn't get bid too high before spending time/money looking at it. Who'd pay this for a routed bk2k needing shopout, the mylar is bubbling badly, the display is bad & it potentially has board issues due to leaking batteries in the backbox??

#31 12 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

Who'd pay this for a routed bk2k needing shopout, the mylar is bubbling badly, the display is bad & it potentially has board issues due to leaking batteries in the backbox??

Either an idiot that knows nothing about pinball, someone desperately wanting a BK2K, or someone with a lot of money that doesn't care. I'd pay $1400 for a bk2k... that was completely shopped.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wasted-4-hours-and-30-in-gas-today and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.