Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Ruger
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Hi, we're a bar/diner located at 2047 9th Street NW in Washington, DC.

We've recently put in a couple of arcade games and a Tron and a Batman pinball machine. Every Monday night we'll be hosting a tournament (tonight is Tron) at 8pm.

We'd love to get some avid gamers to come by and school the rest of the general public! Oh, and winners get a $25 bar tab.

Please email me (Courtney) at [email protected] with any questions!

#2 10 years ago

Thanks for putting this on, Courtney. I wish I could make it tonight, I will try another week.

I can attest to both these machines being in very nice shape, and priced right (50 cents, 3/$1). When's the last time you saw a recent Stern on location 3 for $1?

#3 10 years ago

No problem! Try to make it out next time, we'd love to see you there.

#4 10 years ago

Good to hear about some local guys filling the void for John's Place. Thanks, and keep up the good work!

#5 10 years ago

That tron pro is Super Pimped too! Orange Tron Rails, FF Sound System, Arcade Mod, Back Glass LED Animated, Full Led Kit, Shaker Motor, EL Wire, Ect.

#6 10 years ago

I'll be out there one Monday night soon. And if the games play as nice as advertised i'm sure to be back too. DC needs more Pinball places. You guys should try to piggie back on the
    Pirate Dectectives Inc. Pinball Tournament on Aug 20th in DC. The facebook website https://www.facebook.com/events/296869213783330/ says "A pinball tournament on location in DC, What? There are only 2 machines in the district that work reasonably well. POTC at the Rocket Bar and Who Dunnit at the BlackCat. Let's play them against each other for money and bragging rights. This tournament will be recognized by the IFPA as an annual event worth full WPPR points."

I've heard that the Who Dunnit is in average but not great shape and if you all have 2 nice machines it might make more sense for your location to be part of this tournament. Just my 2 cents woth

#7 10 years ago

I posted on that event page about the machines at Satellite Room and the new ones at Solly's and Game Room. Was going to let the FSPA folks know too, but I can't seem to get approved on their FB group or successfully sign up for their mailing list.

#8 10 years ago

I'll let FSPA players know, but I recommend moving to Tuesday night if possible to avoid FSPA league nights on Monday (Sterling, VA), Wednesday (Elkridge, MD) and Thursday (College Park, MD).

If on Tuesday, there would be a potentially larger turn-out from Va players that are in league on Mondays.

And in case you didn't know, Mighty Mike's in Sterling, VA is the replacement location for John's Place for FSPA VA league. Fall season starts in September.

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

...I can't seem to get ... successfully sign up for their mailing list.

I assume you followed the directions here? Did you check your spam folder?
    http://www.fspazone.org/mailinglist.html

If you are still having trouble, shoot me a PM.

JeffC

#10 10 years ago

Hey thanks so much for all of the advice! We're considering moving our tournament to Tuesday if it would get more players out!

Mayor, thanks so much for the tournament info, I'm going to look into that right away!

Courtney/Satellite Room

#11 10 years ago

Btw, I plan on being there Monday the 26th to check it out. Monday the 19th is our playoffs but we'll have a few weeks before Fall season starts.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/washington-dc-pinball-tournament and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.