5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by phil-lee
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goldenboy232.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago

I have done it but really just the bottom board and cabinet not the mechanicals. But no problems whatsoever spraying out the cabinet and letting it dry in the sun and/or with fans — same thing with the mech board in the bottom (but tried to avoid getting the mechs wet).

That’s my experience.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

This question was raised in another thread yesterday.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-way-to-clean-entire-em-cabinet-mechanics
Spraying water on wood makes me nervous. I'm sure it will clean quite well, but getting wood wet doesn't sound right. You could gut the cabinet and spray-n-wipe with your favorite cleaner. Someone talked Purple Power; I like PP. I also like Zep Industrial Purple for cutting nicotine.
For cleaning the relays and switches, I would remove the relays board from the cab and get some automotive spray brake cleaner and spray it down. Brake cleaner is not water based so it will not hurt your electrics. It is flammable so you would need to let the parts dry for several hours before you apply power.

I was shocked the first time I saw an empty Pinball cabinet being sprayed out with the hose and nozzle. Tim Meighan, one of the Premier EM restorers in America, who lives in Seattle, showed me this technique at his house one time and I about fell over.

Since then, I’ve done it on numerous cabinets and as long as you dry them out in the sun and/or with fans, they are totally fine and it does not hurt the wood at all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

1,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Charlottesville, VA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goldenboy232.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/washing-out-a-em-with-soapy-water?tu=goldenboy232 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.