5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by phil-lee
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SteveinTexas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from timab2000:

This method can't be good for the transformer?? I guess if I tried it, I would try to stay away from that as much as possible.

Transformer is a hunk of metal, I always de rust and paint anyway so no issue.

Quoted from pacmanretro:

And the score motor I would think...

Again all metal so no actual harm I have found.

Quoted from dr_nybble:

I did it on a machine that stunk of smoke and death, it was either that or the machine had to go. I used Mean Green and very hot water, no problems that I could tell and the amount of brown crud streaming off the machine was astonishing! And yes, it got the stink out. Those bingo guys are very experienced.

Same overall experience. Did this for a bingo as it really stunk and for the smoke stink on two baseball games a while back (not death that I know ) used bleach not mean green as I did not know better. Came out great no damage to the wood, smell was gone. I strip the games down and don't wash the mech's in situ but strip out and will wash harnesses and parts in my ultrasonic. The diluted orange citrus cleaner is my staple cleaner.

The NL bingo guys do the video thing before they totally strip it down, they are usually very dirty and greasy. Everyone that buys a game says they work flawlessly afterwards.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Bakelite composites have several materials that absorb water and can swell. I wouldn't recommend getting them wet personally; but a lot of my concern with that comes from years of industry imvolving phenolic/bakelite insulators for higher voltages than seen in a pinball typically. Still, a concern with swelling causing weakining etc???

I have left cloth harness soaking in a soapy mix for nearly a week by accident. Pulled them out,used a toothbrush on the cloth, rinsed and removed water with compressed air and air dried for 24 hours. Then polished up the switch leaves in place and the Bakelite spacers were none the wiser. Eventually put back in the game and all works flawlessly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 22.50
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SteveinTexas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/washing-out-a-em-with-soapy-water?tu=SteveinTexas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.