(Topic ID: 55772)

Was there a pinball made with a 28" lockbar ?

By Tokkentakker

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_00000169.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Have a cool project idea that would need a 28" wide cabinet and lockbar. No its not a virtual pin. Don't think the 80s widebodies were quite that wide yet I have seen old Ebay adds selling 28" and 28 3/4" lockbars. What would these have come off if they were correct? Anyone out there have anything like that for sale? Any condition would do for my needs. Thanks.

#2 10 years ago

My 1980 Bally Embryon measures 28.5" wide

#3 10 years ago

Thank you dasvis. Now I'm excited that this will work. Anybody else out there know of any other machines around that size? The more chioces I have the better because I am going to have to track down one of these cabinets. It will also have to be in poor shape so that I have the heart to modify it.

#4 10 years ago

I would think any of the Atari pins would meet your criteria and would be easier to come by as many get parted out and the lock down bars usually have rust issues.

#5 10 years ago

Can anyone confirm Atari pin lockdown bar size for me? 28 1/4 or 28 1/2 would work perfectly.

#6 10 years ago

I have some laying around, if no one else has by the time I get home I'll measure it for you.

#7 10 years ago

Laser Ball from 1979 was about that wide.

#8 10 years ago

Outside measurement is 29". Bottom looks like this....

IMG_00000169.jpgIMG_00000169.jpg

#9 10 years ago

Thanks Mark and Finrod. Sounds like Atari widebodies might be the ticket. Think that all titles would be the same cabinet on them? Williams laserball about the same? Anyone near me have a parts cabinet with lockbar and maybe rails that they would sell?

#10 10 years ago

Sorry, Marc not Mark

#11 10 years ago

All the Atari's are the same, well except Hecuels.

#12 10 years ago

William's made several very wide machines also. I don't have any handy but one is "Contact" and if I am correct there are at least 3 others. Maybe someone with one of those might be able to tell you more about exact size.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from Marc:

Outside measurement is 29". Bottom looks like this....

Your MM looks so lonely there in the storage unit..... Why don't just give it to me for safe keeping inside my gameroom

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from Spidey171:

Your MM looks so lonely there in the storage unit..... Why don't just give it to me for safe keeping inside my gameroom

Funny you say that. Looks as though I am going to be loaning it out the first week in August to the local pinball club for a party they are having. At least it will get some use.

2 months later
    #15 10 years ago

Still looking to buy a widebody cabinet with lockbar around this size. Almost any condition would do. Need one for a custom project. I'm making a pinball themed popcorn machine. Anyone have one they would sell?

3 months later
    #16 10 years ago

Found a Contact machine but it was 29 1/2". Seems like Embryon is going to be the closest to the 28" I need. Anyone got one?

#17 10 years ago

Genie is 29" but is not that bar.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/was-there-a-pinball-made-with-a-28-lockbar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.