7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 178 posts
  • 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by absocountry2
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

lionel_hutz1.jpg
    143099_o.gif
    DumbThread6.jpg
    tony-robbins3.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tommi_gunn.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#18 7 years ago

Jack Guarnieri isn't an idiot, he's a salesman. He's passionate about selling games.

-content removed-

Jack Guarnieri - The Tony Robbins of Pinball. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a coal walk at the next convention.
    tony-robbins3.jpg

Post edited by robin: please don't make it personal.

#35 7 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

None. They have better things to do.
    LTG

Plus, they might be restricted due to company policies and legal issues

#126 7 years ago

I just noticed my comments got edited/deleted due too being personal??? If thats the case, this thread should have been closed in the beginning. Look at the origonal title. How are my comments any different? Almost all the comments are personal.

I provided valid feedback and others agreed. I pointed out observations that Jack said publically.

Jack,
    If you talk publically, stick to a safe script. Stick to the facts. If not, you going to find hypocritcal statements throughout. People are going to question your statements when expectations aren't meant. Providing any kind of feedback should be taken as a good thing.

Robin,
    To delete my comments, just makes it look like a political JJP support move imo. That's sad, if that's the case.

Either way, your house, your rules. Although, it seems that rules can be easily swayed when pressured.

#130 7 years ago
    Quoted from pindome:

You should send Robin a case of wine as a thank you for deleting most of your post. The way it is edited now you look a lot let less foolish. It's your lucky day go buy some lottery tickets if you win you can start your own pinball company and we'll see what you can produce....

It should have never been edited. Don't worry, I got edited after it was read by all. It left an impression, followed by a typical damage control statement. There is all truth in all those comments. It was never meant to be cruel or mean. It was feedback that is shared by many that are greatly disappointed with the outcome so far. After all this time, the game is not earth shattering whatsoever. It is far from a game changer. Criticism should be expected.

JJP publically threw many people under the bus along the way, vendors, woz licensing approvers, and stern etc. JJP saying people are haters, is just as ironic as calling the kettle black.

As far as my comments...If it was about me and my company, I would print it, frame it, and place it on my desk. Everyday it would remind me to raise the bar and follow through. You can curl up in the fetal position when criticized, and call everyone haters, or strive to keep your word, talk less and provide an earth shattering game. That's all any of us want. A company is only as good as it's product. Right now, it's not good imo. It's as exciting as watching a Disney parade. Kids and senior citizens will enjoy it. Can't say those are the included in the majority of hardcore pinball enthusiasts.

With all due respect JJP, stick to building a supposed game changer. Leave the other details for the book.

#133 7 years ago
    Quoted from pindome:

Tommi_Gunn said: Jack Guarnieri isn't an idiot, he's a salesman. He's passionate about selling games. Jack Guarnieri - The Tony Robbins of Pinball
    So is what you are saying is that Jack fakes a genuine personal relationship with his customers to entice them to buy his hyped product?
    You said Jack is "lots of talk but little action".... is what we are seeing now with this new company, built from the ground up "little action"?
    Tommi Gunn,
    Care to comment on the above three questions, did I interpret your remarks correctly?

After numerous attempts to get a rise Alex, I guess the squeaky wheel needs a little grease.

My comments are cut and dry. It doesn't take a scholar to figure them out. Read between the lines Pin. I shouldn't have to spell everything out. If you have a hard time interpreting them, I can't imagine how baffled you'd get with English Literature. You'd be analyzing Shakespeare for months.

#134 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

You certainly made an impression. The end result is folks think you are a miserable grumpy D.B. Enjoy that well deserved stigma.
    P.S. Frame this and put it in your desk. It will remind you to think about what you write before you do so.

I like your pindome account better

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 68.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 799.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
    $ 7,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 115.00
    Boards
    AMCO
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 218.00
    $ 94.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 3.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 26.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 99.00
    Hardware
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 249.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 8.95
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 18.95
    £ 58.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    $ 59.99
    Hardware
    Chroma Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tommi_gunn.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside