(Topic ID: 24760)

Was starting JJP a good idea?

By pindome

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

lionel_hutz1.jpg
    143099_o.gif
    DumbThread6.jpg
    tony-robbins3.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 178 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

I realize you were trying to get a rise out of me which is why I never responded to the thread or the topic of it. But I couldn't miss the opportunity to call a spade a spade (or in your case a D.B. a D.B.).

Yes Alex, you really deserve a lot of credit for being above it all, and not getting personal, or calling anyone names.

#152 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Yes Alex, you really deserve a lot of credit for being above it all, and not getting personal, or calling anyone names.

If your a DB you are a DB but I would never insult someone's family. It's classless and trashy.

#153 11 years ago

You guys need to stay on topic or STFU. You want to argue, share phone numbers and call each other or PM, email what ever. Does, not matter as long you keep it off Pinside. Now put your big boys pants on and stay civil or STFU.

I think JJP was a great idea and Jacks timing for starting is pretty good. Does not matter why I think it because that is what I think. Anybody care to join me on topic?

#154 11 years ago
    Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

To delete my comments, just makes it look like a political JJP support move imo. That's sad, if that's the case.

I didn't delete your comment, I removed a part of its contents and clearly made notice of doing so. Your opinion is very welcome here, I appreciate some of the other stuff you've written here on the Pinside, but please don't make things personal. Maybe you didn't mean it like I read it, but I really hope we can keep other people's families out of things. I respect Jack and so I felt like removing that part of your post.

Yes, I have decided to join the WOZ adventure myself. My support is not political, it's pinball! Feel free to tell us why you think JJP is bad for the pinball hobby, or why WOZ is going to suck. That's all allowed here. But do it in a sensible and respectful manner.

Quoted from system11:

That's a so-so resume, but A13 is a game I recently started to enjoy (sadly one flipper died just yesterday

Personally, I wouldn't call it so-so games. While maybe not the greatest games ever, I think A13, SST and Baywatch are really fun. If you combine that with Keith's programming you can definitely produce an interesting game. It's a welcome change from having only one manufacturer as we have had in the past 12 years. I'm not saying Stern makes bad games, but an additional manufacturer will make our hobby so much more interesting, diverse and fun! We can buy Stern for speed and Jersey Jack for depth. Well that's what I'm hoping for, some more depth, because that I think Stern games of late have been sorely missing that aspect (although they play great!).

#155 11 years ago
    Quoted from Snowdale:

Sorry... the current state of LEs.

Have you ever even bought or will buy a NIB game?

#156 11 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Why, do you assume I can't afford a NIB or an LE NIB. I guess thats why there is a after your smart ass comment.

PS: NIB SM 2010 NIB TFLE 2012....

#157 11 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

I'm waiting!

#158 11 years ago
    Quoted from Snowdale:

Why, do you assume I can't afford a NIB or an LE NIB. I guess thats why there is a after your smart ass comment.
    PS: NIB SM 2010 NIB TFLE 2012....

Sorry you can't take a comment.

#159 11 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Sorry you can't take a comment.

A snide one.

#160 11 years ago

I guess you never have made one. You have made at least 2 of them in this topic alone.
    Can't take the heat get out the kitchen.

#161 11 years ago

I made comments on how people were acting in the thread. How did you come to the conclusion that maybe I could not afford a NIB. Enlighten me.

#162 11 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

#163 11 years ago
    Quoted from Snowdale:

Now i know why everybody talks about TSPP when talking about WOZ.... The rest of his resumé is a flop-fest.

Quoted from Snowdale:

I disagree... this LE crap is bs.
    Post edited by absocountry2 : Profanity edited

Quoted from Snowdale:

I'm sorry but most of these JJP fanboys are nice. I bet they stand up
    For Jack more than there own family's.
    PS: After reading my post, don't forget to look at my Avatar.

#164 11 years ago

Well, I'd rather be a broke troll than a well-off prick. Have a good day TOM! Enjoy buying every LE from here on out.

#165 11 years ago
    Quoted from Snowdale:

Well, I'd rather be a broke troll than a well-off prick. Have a good day TOM! Enjoy buying every LE from here on out.

Have a nice day. Nice ass.

#166 11 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Have a nice day. Nice ass.

WOW, the power of the ass is uncanny!!!

#167 11 years ago
    Quoted from Snowdale:

WOW, the power of the ass is uncanny!!!

It is really nice though. lol

#168 11 years ago
    Quoted from Snowdale:

I'm sorry but most of these JJP fanboys are nice. I bet they stand up
    For Jack more than there own family's.
    PS: After reading my post, don't forget to look at my Avatar.

Wanna test that theory?

#169 11 years ago
    Quoted from pindome:

Wanna test that theory?

Bring it.

#170 11 years ago

Your move.... you wanna say something about my family?

#171 11 years ago
    Quoted from Snowdale:

Well, I'd rather be a broke troll than a well-off prick

No you would not. Seriously, it was more fun being a rich prick.

#172 11 years ago

Don't make me call Lionel Hutz on this.

lionel_hutz1.jpglionel_hutz1.jpg

#173 11 years ago
    Quoted from pindome:

Your move.... you wanna say something about my family?

Yikes guy... reel it in!

#174 11 years ago

Is this cocksucking fest still going on? really?

#175 11 years ago
    Quoted from Snowdale:

Sorry... the current state of LEs.

At least JJP isn't making two different games with the same theme! If people want extra bling (and can pay for it) great for them, but people who don't want it shouldn't have to get an inferior product with toys/rules/features cut out.

#176 11 years ago
    Quoted from Snowdale:

Yikes guy... reel it in!

When I started the thread I wanted to point out that we as community will be better off with a serious 2nd pinball manufacturer. I also wanted to thank Jack for taking a big risk in starting this new business. I wanted to point out that the making of a pinball game is not something most of us have had the opportunity to watch unfold. It is not always pretty how a game comes together but I am thankful for the opportunity to have had this rare insight.

I wanted to say from my own personal experience I have had great dealings with Jack in the past and believe him to be an honest and passionate pinball entrepreneur.

I thought I may be able convince some of the skeptics to be a bit more patient. Jack and Keith both posted post on this thread but the skeptics still remain skeptical. Which is fine, I made the mistake of thinking a skeptic may have posted something like "you know you have point pindome" etc. etc.. Didn't happen.

On the other hand I don't think any of the skeptics got the believers to see their point of view that the game is crap and Jack is con man.

It became personal and that is not good for any of us. Skeptics and believers lets just agree to disagree. When the game is available and FINALIZED we will all have better informed opinions.

Thanks to everyone that passionately participated on this topic.

Robin or any moderator as the O.P. of this thread I respectfully request that you close this thread.

#177 11 years ago
    Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Tony R. was great in Shallow Hal...

+1

Probably the best part of the whole movie is that ad lib elevator scene

#178 11 years ago

Closing At the request of the OP, another thread sadly history. Maybe one day we will be able to not get so nasty towards each other. Wish you guys were closer so we could have a cold beverage and play pinball. That would fix all.

There are 178 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/was-starting-jjp-a-good-idea/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.