7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 178 posts
  • 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by absocountry2
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

lionel_hutz1.jpg
    143099_o.gif
    DumbThread6.jpg
    tony-robbins3.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 178 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #52 7 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

Because there are plenty of people who are actually buying the machine that enjoy seeing that stuff. The game will speak for itself when it's done and if it's great then all the haters will shut up. Stern never releases anything except maybe a teaser and even then people still bitch and complain. I like how Jack constantly keeps people updated and feel his approach is better then knowing absolutely nothing like you do with Sterns.

I bet you one thing, you won't catch Jack advertising a feature and then pull it out of the finished product like Stern does.

#53 7 years ago

Tommi_Gunn said: Jack Guarnieri isn't an idiot, he's a salesman. He's passionate about selling games. Jack Guarnieri - The Tony Robbins of Pinball

So is what you are saying is that Jack fakes a genuine personal relationship with his customers to entice them to buy his hyped product?

You said Jack is "lots of talk but little action".... is what we are seeing now with this new company, built from the ground up "little action"?

Tommi Gunn,

Care to comment on the above three questions, did I interpret your remarks correctly?

#56 7 years ago

I've been directed to this thread by a friend.

I can't waste time in the negative. I've been in this industry a long time and lots of people doubted me over the years. Most of them are no longer in this business.

When we were building iPlay America, it "should have taken" about 2 years. It took 4 years because it became something different than what was first thought of. People said it would never open, that it would fail, the doubters and haters there too.

It opened allright and it is a wild success.

My own partner at the time in Belgium said the WOZ Pusher would never sell, that it was just an average game beaten in a location by a twenty year old coin pusher.

I built and sold the game in spite of him and even the first location that ordered one canceled it the night before it was to be delivered - I delivered it anyway.

The game went on to make $5000.00 a DAY! Yes, five thousand dollars a day........We were making them and flying them in from Belgium and I was getting paid in full for them with people fighting to get them. Go search the groups.......People were writing that the artwork on the
    game was horrible, etc..etc......I'm laughing a lot now as that game is the greatest earning redemption game ever created! Where are those people now? Probably playing the game.

That's just two things in the last year alone....add the creation of JJP & WOZ Pinball....Our WOZ Pinball evolved to be something more than we first thought. We kept going and adding.....my fault for letting creative people create I guess....LOL.

We did not build the game with a calculator and the end result will show what it plays like, what it earns like and we are all very proud of what we have done in a very short time.

Next round of doubters, lookout, we're almost ready for you!

Jack

#57 7 years ago

Thanks for stopping by Jack!

As always, ignore the haters.

#58 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Thanks for stopping by Jack!
    As always, ignore the haters.

+1 - Thanks Jack

#59 7 years ago

Robin, no worries for changing my subject title. I thought about a similar title but I really wanted to make a very strong point, we as a pinball community should be thankful to Jack for taking a risk.

While some may not like this particular game, a few years from now we will ALL see better and more imaginative games because of JJP. Not one person can argue with with this fact.

Tommi Gun,

Any response to what Jack wrote?

Responses to my earlier 3 questions?

I wonder if you guys would make these derogatory comments to Jack's face? All the seminars that I have attended where Jack has spoke, all the questions and or comments were positive.

Thanks Jack for taking the time to personally respond.

#60 7 years ago

The drama just feels so much like Apollo 13. Maybe Jack can be played by Ed Harris in the movie!

#61 7 years ago
    Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

Jack Guarnieri isn't an idiot, he's a salesman. He's passionate about selling games.
    -content removed-
    Jack Guarnieri - The Tony Robbins of Pinball. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a coal walk at the next convention.

Post edited by robin: please don't make it personal.

Tommi Gun you were simi saved by Robin that he took down your words. I wish he would leave them so that the world can see who and what you believe in.

Feel free to respond to my previous post. Lets hear how you really feel...............

#62 7 years ago

PLONK!

#63 7 years ago
    Quoted from pindome:

Tommi_Gunn said: Jack Guarnieri isn't an idiot, he's a salesman. He's passionate about selling games. Jack Guarnieri - The Tony Robbins of Pinball
    So is what you are saying is that Jack "fakes" a genuine personal relationship with his customers to entice them to buy his hyped product?

First of all, use the quote option.
    Second, Why do you have such a negative attitude towards Tony Robbins? Why do you feel Tony Robbins is faking relationships with people, or that his products are "hyped."

I'll be waiting for an answer.

#64 7 years ago

This thread is dumb.

DumbThread6.jpg

#65 7 years ago

Thanks for stopping in Jack! Can't wait for it, but don't mind waiting.

#66 7 years ago
    Quoted from pindome:

Any response to what Jack wrote?

I think Jack will turn out to be correct and many will be eating crow and drinking their whine.

#67 7 years ago

There are always some people who criticize visionaries who work to build a dream. Any ass can kick down a barn; it takes a carpenter to build one.

#68 7 years ago

I have to think that some of the full-time employees are building some of the machines at this point, even if some of the parts are still waiting for delivery. I would guess that a team of four people could build 12 to 15 games in a week once they have worked out how to manage difficult parts, and especially considering that wire bundles, lights, coil assemblies, and cabinet set-up are probably mostly done by suppliers.

#69 7 years ago
    Quoted from hAbO:

This thread is dumb.

/agreed.

First time poster created this. Color me surprised...

#70 7 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

I have to think that some of the full-time employees are building some of the machines at this point, even if some of the parts are still waiting for delivery. I would guess that a team of four people could build 12 to 15 games in a week once they have worked out how to manage difficult parts, and especially considering that wire bundles, lights, coil assemblies, and cabinet set-up are probably mostly done by suppliers.

I don't know if the plan has changed. At one point they were going to hand assemble the first games to learn the steps.

Then hire 15 people and train them. Then go into production.

LTG

#71 7 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I don't know if the plan has changed. At one point they were going to hand assemble the first games to learn the steps.
    LTG

That makes sense. Someone has to establish the build process so that you have a pattern to train the 15 people to.

#72 7 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

LTG

In line with my guess in production per a four person team above, I would guess a 15 person team could make 50-60 games a week when they get the hang of it assuming the other parts/assemblies I mentioned above are done by the supplier.

I have seen pictures that they have already made at least a few so I would think they are capable of training people now if the necessary parts are available. The code is the other issue, but that can be put in after they are built provided they have areas to store the built games. Another possibility would be to put the most basic code in them for testing the mechanisms, and let the buyer download the code through the WIFI as soon as they get the machine.

Mine being a Feb. 2012 LE order, I do not realistically expect to get mine before January at this point.

#73 7 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Mine being a Feb. 2012 LE order, I do not realistically expect to get mine before January at this point.

I think that is a realistic estimate, DCfan. I ordered in late March 2012 and am figuring sometime in the first quarter of 2013. I'm OK with that.

#74 7 years ago

I feel the game looks very colorful. However,If I were starting a pinball company I would do things differently with a first design. I would make the playfield simple say AFM or MM like. The game is already groundbreaking with an LCD. Get people hooked with the new technology and build on it from that. To me WOZ seems very cluttered and slow. Its possible as things move along this may change.

#75 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

First of all, use the quote option.
    Second, Why do you have such a negative attitude towards Tony Robbins? Why do you feel Tony Robbins is faking relationships with people, or that his products are "hyped."
    I'll be waiting for an answer.

Either you are taking a shot at comedy, which is not easy and best left to the professionals or you missed the fact that the post had been edited by Robin. I have nothing bad to say about Tony.

I knew Tony personally about 30 years ago when we lived in Santa Monica.

You can now stop waiting.

#76 7 years ago
    Quoted from pindome:

Either you are taking a shot at comedy, which is not easy and best left to the professionals or you missed the fact that the post had been edited by Robin. I have nothing bad to say about Tony.
    I knew Tony personally about 30 years ago when we lived in Santa Monica.
    You can now stop waiting.

Tony R. was great in Shallow Hal...

#77 7 years ago

So when is Jack gonna say why Nordman left.....Free lance my ass......

#78 7 years ago

Who do I talk to about getting the last five minutes of my life back?

#79 7 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

I would assume its because he won't produce that cheesy machine Whoa Nellie? Probably a good idea in my book.

#80 7 years ago

WOW wnbjm is Fun fun fun. Your book is bunk.

#81 7 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

WOW wnbjm is Fun fun fun. Your book is bunk.

Really? Fun, fun, fun? It is a rehash digital version of an EM. It is fun as a novelty, but that is about it. I like how it substitutes melon crates as legs, but that's about it. My book is not bunk...

#82 7 years ago

I'm so glad Robin finally opened the colicky baby support forum.

#83 7 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Like always, call the man if you think you have some reason to be privy to the inner workings of his company. By the sounds of it Jack is a really nice guy and would be happy to tell you if it were actually information he cared to share. If he does not want to tell you, then there is probably a good reason for it.

If you don't want to call, then you could always use one of these...

#84 7 years ago

i know why Dennis left i am just waiting to here the spin Jack puts on it. Its gonna be a slick slippery greasy slope he slides down thats for sure.

Lets just say Jack has burned lots of bridges and he continues to burn them.

#85 7 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

i know why Dennis left i am just waiting to here the spin Jack puts on it.

Good grief. Do you really expect anyone to believe this? How exactly is it that you, a collector in Osseo, Wisconsin, happens to know the inner workings of Jersey Jack or Dennis Nordman?
    Or is that a big secret also?

Please explain yourself.

Kim

#86 7 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

i know why Dennis left i am just waiting to here the spin Jack puts on it. Its gonna be a slick slippery greasy slope he slides down thats for sure.
    » YouTube video

Jack said that he is not talking about the guys that left and that what they do after they have left is their business.

Anyway, it was a well-known rumor that Jack had sort of agreed to let Nordman make an un-licensed theme as JJP #2 but plans changed as has the planned timeline for JJP including WOZ.
    If Nordman can do better working for another company then that is his choice.

#87 7 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Why not ask Nordman why he left?

#88 7 years ago
    Quoted from chessiv:

First time poster created this. Color me surprised...

What makes you say that? It's certainly not the facts, so I figured you must have some other reason.

#89 7 years ago

nordman left jjp? how did i miss this? is this confirmed?
    oh well,life goes on.

#90 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_keefer:

What makes you say that? It's certainly not the facts, so I figured you must have some other reason.

Welcome to New Jersey! Have a great time and wishing you the best. Hope all goes well with the programing. Looking forward to seeing what you've done at P.P.E.

#91 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Good grief. Do you really expect anyone to believe this? How exactly is it that you, a collector in Osseo, Wisconsin, happens to know the inner workings of Jersey Jack or Dennis Nordman?
    Or is that a big secret also?

Please explain yourself.

I think the shine from your dome is reflecting back and blinding you lol. Sorry Kim i had to say it. He left because of the reasons stated below, timeline skewed, plugged pulled on original theme for #2. I am not claiming to know inner circle things nor do i care. Think you over analyzed the comment a little.

Maybe i should have used words like i would gather or seems obvious to me. Put there is alot of little things that have happened it seems to coincide with each other. kawinky dink who knows....

#92 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

drinking their whine.

HA!!!Can I use this?Love it.Scott

#93 7 years ago

#94 7 years ago
    Quoted from JerseyJack:

Lets tell the truth - you don't know anything about this and you are just trying to stir up shit.

For sure nope, sure dont but its not hard to put the pieces together. Say i need a new Honda can you help with that?

The fact that you evade the subject matter is still suspect as well.

Good luck sir and i hope we do see number 2 3 4 5 6 because it makes the other guy make better efforts with his games.

Why don't you tell us Jack why he left so people dont speculate. You should have been on top of that right away. Nordman was thought to be a big big big part of your team and then we all hear he left.....

It is our business as the pitch you gave us was he was getting a unlicensed theme and now thats gone.... you have pitched lots of BIG things that lots of us where on board for and we followed you with hope and glint in our eye.

#95 7 years ago

Akuma, once again you make claims which have no foundation in reality, and when asked to back any of it up you simply can't. Sad.

#96 7 years ago

"While some may not like this particular game, a few years from now we will ALL see better and more imaginative games because of JJP. Not one person can argue with with this fact."

This type of shit comment is what fuels the haters! So you assume JJP is a game changer but if someone predicts a flop it's WWlll!?

#97 7 years ago

Let me know what i claimed. I speculated never said anything for fact.

#98 7 years ago

I've never seen a hobby filled with so many haters. It's one thing to ask tough questions, but I continue to be flabbergasted at some of the mean-spiritedness and hostility some seem to have towards people and companies that have never really done anything wrong. Ok, so JJP is finding out that making a pinball machine takes more time than they thought, or they picked a theme you don't like. Is that really a reason to go on a rampage against them?

#99 7 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Let me know what i claimed.

Quoted from AkumaZeto:

i know why Dennis left

Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Quoted from AkumaZeto:

He left because of the reasons stated below, timeline skewed, plugged pulled on original theme for #2.

Hopefully that clears up some of the confusion.

Quoted from AkumaZeto:

I speculated never said anything for fact.

Some would read that as "trolling."

#100 7 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

He left because of the reasons stated below, timeline skewed, plugged pulled on original theme for #2.

Timeline skewed and plug pulled sounds like business decisions and circumstances from an evolving new company. As a life long entrepreneur with several start ups in my resume I understand these things. Why are you assuming something sinister in these moves?

Quoted from AkumaZeto:

You've implied dirty play on Jacks part and I would caution you to temper your words on issues you know nothing about. If I were to speculate I'd guess that Jack and Dennis agreed to disagree and as gentlemen shook hands as they parted. I base that on my professional experiences and my familiarity with both Jack and Dennis.

I don't mean you any disrespect in my response and I may have over analyzed your words as you suggest. But I see other people also get caught up in titillation of all kinds of events and write things shooting from the hip. I myself have been the victim of rumor and unfair gossip many times. It's hurtful with very little recourse.

Kim

Edit: From Absocountry2 in another thread: "According to Jack those guys did not leave JJP. They were not employees, they were contractors. Their contract was complete, they went to the next job. If their work is complete there is no reason to stay. If you read between the lines there it should be exciting because that means their parts of WOZ are complete"

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 67.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Led
    Geeteoh Electronics
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Whitewater pinball mods
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 29.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 139.00
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 25.99
    Playfield - Other
    Lee's Parts
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    € 9.10
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Lighting - Backbox
    Arcade Upkeep
    $ 1,099.00
    There are 178 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside