• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by pindude80
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hello All,

I just acquired a Playboy machine in a trade. I'm wondering if the code was ever updated like they do with the modern Sterns. I went to Stern's website, clicked on game codes, clicked on Playboy, it just says "game code" doesn't have a version on it. Does anyone know if there is only one code or was it ever updated?

The reason I ask this is because I read that there was a bug in Mansion Mania that leads to infinite multiball. I got to Mansion Mania a couple times and it kept launching balls until my fingers got tired from hitting the flipper buttons so many times. This just might be how it is, but wanted to check.

Thanks!

#2 8 years ago

Did you read the README.TXT file in the ROM package you downloaded from Stern's web site?

It's 5.0.

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Did you read the README.TXT file in the ROM package you downloaded from Stern's web site?
It's 5.0.

I did after you pointed it out

I looked and my CPU ROM says v 2.03, so it doesn't look like much has changed to the newest version. I may just leave it alone since I don't have a ROM burner. My display is 2.01 and didn't see much applicable to me has changed there either.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/was-playboy-code-ever-updated and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.