5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by UNCgump
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5930 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5929 (resized).JPG

#1 5 years ago

I was up in Lake George NY this weekend and went into the two arcades that were open. One had an AFM and T2 in it. The AFM was pretty beat, dirty and completely faded. The T2 wasn't that bad. At the other arcade, the had a TSPP, FH, TAF, Elvis, and STTNG. With the exception of Elvis, the GI was out on all of the machines, along with other various issues with all of the machines. Elvis appeared to be the best condition of all. TAF was really rough and pretty beat. Didn't stop me from playing it though! Really made me appreciate the machines I have at home.

#2 5 years ago

Yep crappy routed broken junk in Lake George. Not many route machines in the area but all in poor condition.

#3 5 years ago

Thanks for the info guys, I will be up in Argyle (Washington County) for memorial day, and plan on going to Lake George to check out the pins. Elvis it is!

#4 5 years ago

Back in the 70's, Lake George Village was teeming with pinball arcades loaded with the EM pins of the day.
    The late Guido Del Signore of Fort Edward, NY who was a pioneer operator, ran most, if not all the pins and arcade games in that area. It was a lot of fun back then. Now, as pretty as the lake itself is, the village is just one big tourist trap with one tacky tee shirt shop after another. I don't go there anymore.

#5 5 years ago

I have not been there in a few years but there is a great bowling alley with a large pool room. OTB right next store too.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from gac:

At the other arcade, the had a TSPP, FH, TAF, Elvis, and STTNG. With the exception of Elvis, the GI was out on all of the machines, along with other various issues with all of the machines. Elvis appeared to be the best condition of all

You should update the map with your info, and game conditions too! Hasnt been updated since Sept. 2012.
    Also, if you went to Fun World Arcade, did you see a Slugfest machine by any chance?

#7 5 years ago

Yes, I believe there was a Slugfest next to the STTNG. It looked to be in pretty nice shape but I didnt look that closely at it.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from Don44:

I have not been there in a few years but there is a great bowling alley with a large pool room. OTB right next store too.

I believe I saw from the main road a "Family Fun Center" that I think was close to OTB. Didn't go there though.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from gac:

I was up in Lake George NY this weekend and went into the two arcades that were open. .

Is frankenstein still walking the sidewalk in front of the wax museum? As mentioned...years ago those arcades were filled with pinball machines.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from gac:

Yes, I believe there was a SlugFest next to the STTNG. It looked to be in pretty nice shape but I didnt look that closely at it.

Quoted from gac:

I believe I saw from the main road a "Family Fun Center" that I think was close to OTB. Didn't go there though.

Thanks for the heads up GAC, Ill be doing a full inventory and update of the map on that memorial day weekend. Its too bad the machines havent been treated properly. Better than nobody playing them at all I suppose.

#11 5 years ago

Yup, he's still walks around in front of the wax museum.

Ron...

Quoted from Vyzer2:

Is Frankenstein still walking the sidewalk in front of the wax museum? As mentioned...years ago those arcades were filled with pinball machines.

#12 5 years ago

Was the AFM on? It's been down the last 2 years I've been up there. The T2 has one Williams flipper and one old Bally flipper. The games are always broke with the same issues every year. Pretty sad :^(

Ron...

Quoted from gac:

I was up in Lake George NY this weekend and went into the two arcades that were open. One had an AFM and T2 in it. The AFM was pretty beat, dirty and completely faded. The T2 wasn't that bad. At the other arcade, the had a TSPP, FH, TAF, Elvis, and STTNG. With the exception of Elvis, the GI was out on all of the machines, along with other various issues with all of the machines. Elvis appeared to be the best condition of all. TAF was really rough and pretty beat. Didn't stop me from playing it though! Really made me appreciate the machines I have at home.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from Vyzer2:

Is Frankenstein still walking the sidewalk in front of the wax museum? As mentioned...years ago those arcades were filled with pinball machines.

The last time I was there in the summer (about 2 years ago) he was! Not now though... closed for the season.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gizmonic:

Was the AFM on? It's been down the last 2 years I've been up there. The T2 has one Williams flipper and one old Bally flipper. The games are always broke with the same issues every year. Pretty sad :^(
    Ron...

Yes, AFM was on. Had a credit on it when I walked up to it. I played a couple games and it was "ok". When the ball was hit into the cellar hole, it took a while to find it and kick it out. Lot of wear though.

#15 5 years ago

Last time I played it when it was on (3 years ago) it had the same issue. Nice to know it still doesn't work right.

Ron...

Quoted from gac:

Yes, AFM was on. Had a credit on it when I walked up to it. I played a couple games and it was "ok". When the ball was hit into the cellar hole, it took a while to find it and kick it out. Lot of wear though.

4 weeks later
    #16 5 years ago

http://user.xmission.com/~daina/classified/search_for_sale.html

Search for Derby Day, 900 bucks in new york state.

"Derby Day, 1956 Gottlieb: $900
    This game is in working order with 90% back glass and good play field. The game was converted in the early 1960s by legendary Fort Edwards, NY operator Guido Del Signore. Guido built a wedge head back box for the game to ''modernize'' it and painted the entire cabinet green. Game was originally part of the Gordon Hasse collection and was given to me as a wedding present. Plays well! Takes nickels. Could use a new set of playfield plastics which are currently available on Pinball Rescue. Own this Parker/Neyens wood rail classic for an affordable price.
    Russ, Phone: 914-629-3916
    Vicinity Nyack, New York 10968"

Any of that sound familiar?

2 years later
    #17 3 years ago

I'm new to pinside, and I've been trying to find playable machines in the Albany area which lead me up the north way to Lake George one afternoon a few weeks ago. I wish I had read this forum post before traveling all the way up there. Most of these games are still in the same if not worse condition. I've updated the list as best as possible and missed 2 spots on the map. I wanted to check out an old camp ground I stayed at as a kid but they weren't open at the time & considering the person I spoke w/ on the phone had no idea what a pinball machine was is a good indication there's none there anymore. Its heartbreaking to see these places now. At least there was a modern Star Trek at a recovery room.

#18 3 years ago

I actually own a STTNG that came out of the arcade with the 5-6 pin line up, picked it up last march I think

Funworld is the one

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from Aphex:

I'm new to pinside, and I've been trying to find playable machines in the Albany area which lead me up the north way to Lake George one afternoon a few weeks ago. I wish I had read this forum post before traveling all the way up there. Most of these games are still in the same if not worse condition. I've updated the list as best as possible and missed 2 spots on the map. I wanted to check out an old camp ground I stayed at as a kid but they weren't open at the time & considering the person I spoke w/ on the phone had no idea what a pinball machine was is a good indication there's none there anymore. Its heartbreaking to see these places now. At least there was a modern Star Trek at a recovery room.

There's actually 3 locations in Lake George with pins.

https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/fun-world-arcade-lake-george-ny-united-states
    https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/playland-arcade-lake-george-ny-united-states
    https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/funa-rama-fun-park-lake-george-ny-united-states

The first location has pins that don't work very well (Fun World)
    The second location (Playland) just had some repairs done last week, so they were flipping.
    The third location is across the street from Fun World, and as of last summer, those were all in working order.

The camp ground called "Adirondack Camping Village" had a Space Invaders and a Bally Wizard over 10-15 years ago, but the were removed several years ago now. http://www.adirondackcampingvillage.com/

#20 3 years ago

Yes,

I totally missed playland arcade & funa-rama since they were so close together on the pinside map, plus I was using my cellphone which didn't help matters... I plan on going kayaking this summer so maybe I'll stop in and check the other two places out

2 years later
    #21 1 year ago

Any updates on the status of these?

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from UNCgump:

A collector cleaned out an arcade close to the lake. The arcade has replaced the Games with a pro ghostbusters & wizard of Oz, I haven’t been up that way for a few months but plan on checking it out in the next few weeks

1 week later
    #23 1 year ago
    Quoted from UNCgump:

Ok so Funland arcade... the ghostbusters which is about a year old appears to not have been cleaned for a year. It plays but there are a few issues with it, lots of lights just permanently lit. Very floaty

Their wizard of oz was off. A person on the counter said they reached out to Jersey jack about getting a new coil but never heard back

The other arcade down the street with the attack from mars & T2 were both on and were playable. The T2 appears to have some new lights and parts and plays ok, the attack from mars still has issues with balls in the VUK’s. Should you lock a ball, destroy a saucer, or hit the scoup you won’t get the ball back until the game goes into ball search mode.

I didn’t have enough time to make it to the other locations.

#24 1 year ago

Agree with your assessment. I think the only other spot is the Funarama. A solitary Stern star trek. Plays well, but the action button is missing.

#25 1 year ago

Just to put this to bed, over a year ago my nephew and I bought all the pinball machines from one of these guys - T2, TOM, TSPP, Elvis, AFM, Cyclone, Comet, RBION, TAF, and FH. They were all decent condition but had tech issues. He was going to take the funds and purchase some newer "trouble-free" games.

IMG_5929 (resized).JPGIMG_5930 (resized).JPG
    #26 1 year ago

Heh. Good haul. It would appear they put the funds toward reliable money eaters, like ticket games

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 42.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 9,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 22.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 22.00
    Hardware
    The MOD Couple
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 1.95
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 26.95
    $ 62.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 999.00
    $ 265.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    € 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 244.99
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 149.00
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 14.50
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside