Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Mike_J
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Md2020.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Hey all. Haven't been on in a while.
    Just sold the last machine I had. Am in the process of looking for another one.
    Anyway; I was kind of caught off guard from a message I just received today from one of the many potential "buyees" asking if I had sold the machine.
    Apparently he'd thought we were "in the process of figuring out a pickup time". I had told him in a previous message that I was available during all weekday evenings. Didn't hear anything for a day or two. Last night I got a message from a different guy who had cash in hand and wanted to come buy it, so I sold it then and there.
    For future interactions- should I have messaged this guy before I sold it to someone else? I really wouldn't have known what to say since this guy had cash in hand and wanted the machine right then.
    I SWEAR I read something on here somewhere as advice for buying a pin to aggressively purchase it right then if you really want that machine.
    Not sure why I'm asking, but your input can maybe point me into doing the right thing in the future

#13 2 years ago

Thanks you guys (and gals?) Idk he must have jedi mind tricked me with his questioning loaded with entitlement like I had the audacity to sell and was supposed to hold it for him or something? And no, fellas, no date was ever set. I would NEVER EVER sell something out from under anyone when a tentative agreement was made. I've even held machines for guys coming out from Oregon (i's in WA state) as long as they let me know they were on the way. I can see clearly now, you guys. thank you!

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

I think everyone that’s posted is right on the money.
    But I’m stuck in my old ways and really try to take people in order of response— with some subjectivity given to if the responses seem legit or flakey. Personally I would have told cash in hand guy I had a tentative deal, but would reach back out after checking. Then texted the og potential buyer saying I had someone that wants it now with cash — “if you want this game letvme know with a day/time you’re coming. If I don’t hear back in 24hrs, moving on. “ more than likely you’d get screwed by the first guy and lose the second one while waiting though.. but who knows. I think the way you handled it is pretty reasonable these days. If I want something, I’m not waiting two days to respond.

I like where you're coming from on this. I knew it was going to move pretty fast because I've always listed my machines at "pinside prices". Looks like you are from the area, so you know what I'm talking about. (For example: there's a routed and beat to absolute crap LOTR for sale for 7500, and a Striker Xtreme at 4750 or something). IDK. When roles are reversed- if I see a machine I want at an actual fair price, I am on the way that day to go grab it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Md2020.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/was-i-in-the-wrong?tu=Md2020 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.