10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by kruzman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kruzman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 10 years ago

don't worry at all. I have sometimes 100 of them and the change in weather, even when stored properly causes movement. Not only the rails, but once you attach 50lbs of parts under and suspend by the edges, it dosent matter how warped it is. That is my experience.
kruzman

3 years later
#7 6 years ago

I use the side rails from pf's I have de populated, but any wood stock will work but you have to use it with the thin side against the pf. for example if you used a 2x4 which would bee funny but would work, predrill thru the long side of the wood stock because that is the side that bends less, and screw it to the back of the pf. length sticking out the top and bottom dosent matter. I try to get 4 pieces of wood.
So far in my pf experience the pf that is the worst is because of a design error. there is just too much wood cut out in one line, which is safecracker. almost every pf that comes out of the game is warped. 90% of pf will un warp themself when the weight is installed (the parts) and the way it sits in the cab, causes it to flatten out almost every time. the best place to store a pf is always in the game.
I will store pf's against the wall on their sides, keeping them as close to 90 deg, or straight up and down as possible, but they will warp from their own pull. meaning their layers are set 90 deg advance each ply. so if one ply has some crap in it causing it to not be as strong as the others, the pf will twist its self. I go thru every month and adjust them against the wall, allowing gravity to do my work for me. as for twisted pf's, it is important to get the bottom parallel to the wall, that is the bottom edge that is on the floor. then one corner will hit the wall. use books or whatever is heavy so it wont slide and lean it as as much angle as will hold like 70 deg. and let gravity pull it in the direction you need it to go.

OK so who has a nos pf they want to sell me. I havent bought a pf since july I think. definatly need to restock. also interested in cpr and repro pf's.
cheers, kruzman. galesburg MI

if you dont understand how I poorly explained to deal with twists, let me know and I can take a pic

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 21.50
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kruzman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warped-playfield?tu=kruzman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.