5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by DaveB8
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Warped playfield plastic fix”

• Is this fresh?, or old news... 3 votes
      100%

(3 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0514 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0513 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0509 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0508 (resized).JPG
    #1 5 years ago

I'm new to this forum, and have turned my attention from arcade video game restoration to classic pins. I had a Gottlieb 'Hearts and Spades' in my bedroom when I was a kid, a passion for the old EM's recently re-ignited... I picked up a 'Far Out' project several weeks ago, and have begun resurrection (search user CSDOPLR - I bought it from him and put a couple of posts/pics on his thread).

Anyway, the plastics on this girl were warped liked cooked bacon, but otherwise intact, so I tried this, to INTENSE satisfaction:

Heat oven to 185 degrees, with a flat pan on the rack. Clean warped plastic with Simple Green, rinse, and dry. Place plastic between two sheets of CLEAN plate glass. Set atop pan. Place a weight (I used a 2 cup pyrex cup filled with hot water) on glass plates. 'Cook' for 13 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Worked PERFECTLY.

IMG_0508 (resized).JPGIMG_0508 (resized).JPGIMG_0509 (resized).JPGIMG_0509 (resized).JPGIMG_0513 (resized).JPGIMG_0513 (resized).JPGIMG_0514 (resized).JPGIMG_0514 (resized).JPG

#2 5 years ago

I've used the sandwich method with 2 pieces of playfield glass flat on the floor with a 60w light bulb directly above it letting it run for 45 minutes. Works great as well.

#3 5 years ago

a heat gun works well too then sandwich the plastic , let cool.., its much faster imo..

#4 5 years ago

Yeah, I watched some videos on that process, and I DO have a heat gun, but I figured the oven method would prevent me from blistering anything...

#5 5 years ago

Currently baking #5 of 6 pieces for Far Out, and all have turned out GREAT!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warped-playfield-plastic-fix?hl=tscottn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.