(Topic ID: 158930)

WARNING to Rottendog 327 owners - Check it now!

By goingincirclez

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by ripple
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
rotten-dog_(resized).jpg
20160502_225325_(resized).jpg
20160502_225904_(resized).jpg
20160502_225319_(resized).jpg
20160502_225244_(resized).jpg
20160502_225214_(resized).jpg
20160502_225152_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Am I allowed to chime in and say never again to Rottendog? Or will I get burned at the stake for that? Not a fan at all. It cost me over $300 in misc repairs for damage one of their boards did to my game and all I was offered was a replacement board. Not a chance in hell I'd do it again. Keep the replacement, I don't want it. Tired of sugar coating things on here to appease the fanboys. I've been screwed by other vendors and there's plenty of distributers taking advantage with higher prices on NIB than others offer and being jerks about it. Yet others will praise them. Strange world we live in.

No one will burn you at the stake.

-

Think of Jim having the hardest job in the entire world.

Pins were made to last 3 years, then they were supposed to go directly to the dump.

Pins we have in our basements are often 30-40 years old, and have been worked on by at least 50 different hacks over those years.

Each of those 50 hacks have made repairs that are very much not factory correct.

Then the hobbyist owners are usually worse than the hacks. They have none of the electronic training or mentoring that the hacks did.

-

So you have Jim who has to supply a complicated computer product to hobbyist who don't have any formal repair training or mentoring.

Obviously if the hobbyists knew how to repair 70s era computers, they would just fix the boards rather than buy new Rottendog ones.

I can't tell you how many pins I have gone to fix, that are filled with dead boards in the bottom of the cabinet. The hobbyists just plop a new board in, without fixing the actual problem.

Could you get a brand new Rottendog board with a problem? Sure, there is always that chance, just like you could get a bad NOS Williams or Stern board.

But remember, there is no way for Jim to magically see your game from 1000 miles away. There is no way for him to know what 50 different people have done to it over the years.

All he can do is supply you with a brand new board that hopefully won't get damaged by your game (and hopefully arrives to you itself undamaged).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warning-to-rottendog-327-owners-check-it-now?tu=vid1900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.