(Topic ID: 158930)

WARNING to Rottendog 327 owners - Check it now!

By goingincirclez

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by ripple
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
rotten-dog_(resized).jpg
20160502_225325_(resized).jpg
20160502_225904_(resized).jpg
20160502_225319_(resized).jpg
20160502_225244_(resized).jpg
20160502_225214_(resized).jpg
20160502_225152_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakandl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 7 years ago

Just snap that mount bracket off. You don't need that one.

When mounting regular stock boards, i only ever install the two top screws on the MPU and the two bottom ones on the driver board. Minor difference board to board, game to game, can have you shorting to ground in similar situations to that Rottendog board.

2 weeks later
#35 7 years ago
Quoted from StratDoc:

Thanks for this post.
My firepower has a brand new Rottendog board. The right center target and a couple of the rubber switches were not working. I had a technician work on the pin. He tried everything to solve the problem but nothing worked. i remembered this post and mentioned it to the tech, and sure enough that solved the problem.
The tech put the board back in, but now there was a display problem. the first and third scores were missing two digits. He jiggled wires, checked connections and nothing worked to solve the problem. He finally took the board out and put it in my Blackout - also has a Rottendog board - to see if it was a board problem or something else. Same problem with the displays on the blackout. So, it appears to be the board.
Could the display issue be related to the mounting bracket short? Strange that solving one problem would cause another.

Check the connectors at the top of the MPU. Check that the display PIA is well seated in the socket. Check that the 74154 decoder is well seated in the socket.

5 years later
#50 2 years ago

Carefully inspect the playfield. I had a tough to spot in issue in Laserball where a ripped spinner switch blade would rarely touch a frayed GI braid strand killing a switch matrix chip.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakandl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warning-to-rottendog-327-owners-check-it-now?tu=barakandl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.