(Topic ID: 246446)

Warning to eBay sellers

By toddsvec

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tregurd.gif
    assholes (resized).jpg
    giphy.gif
    tom848tom (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomdrum.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#17 4 years ago

I sell a bunch of stuff on eBay, over 12K transactions to date. (Mostly non pin stuff) I see your issue. NO one in their right mind expects overnight shipping on a collectible item unless they pay 3X normal shipping cost. Plus no sellers offer it unless game tickets with an expiration date. I get the ship ASAP crap all the time, everything goes out the same day or next. I have a 100% ship rate as you probably do as a top rated seller. There is the 1% a-hole factor and you met yours.

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from toddsvec:

I often say, 99% are fine, the 1% make up for the stories. Yes, here's one. I just hope a few sellers will block him on eBay as I did. Chances are he'll never buy, but I've blocked people by how they've treated other pinball parts sellers, and it's VERY satisfying to get an email saying "Hey, i tried to buy this but you've blocked me?" and looking t up and realize they gave a negative to someone when an order was a few days late overseas. yes, I blocked you and I don't need your business.

Agreed. I mainly sell tools and are friends with several who sell the same Snap-on stuff I do. We sell to each other to finish sets and when we get an a-hole buyer we share the info and block them from buying from us across the board. We text our blocked buyer list to avoid the a-holes. Sucks but it is what it is.

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from toddsvec:

No other way to warn other eBay sellers that this guy, purely in my opinion, is out to wreck sellers ratings because he doesn't read and can't handle a little criticism. I hope that he is a Pinsider, and that he can post my message to him asking to retract as I had no reason to offend him, but he's out to ruin my rating. There's no other reason. Received the product? Yes. Received timely? Yes. Quality product? Yes. Fixed his game? I hope so. Didn't like my response to "Ship ASAP", NO he didn't. Ruin my 100% record? Yes. If I save one seller from getting a negative that can potentially hurt business, I'm fine with that.
    And like I said, I came here to rant.

Todd, I've bought from you. I like you, you have helped me with purchases saving me $$. Take a breath here. Like I said we have a-hole buyers on eBay. I sell there too. But I have sucked up stupid unwarranted negative feedback from the 1% we sell to. It falls off in a year and in my experience if you leave a follow up to their FB you'll be fine if you explain the issue. Others realize that we have douche bags in our hobby. You'll be fine, I doubt anyone on this site feels different.

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from toddsvec:

Thanks Tom. I hope it doesn't come across that I'm about to bust a vein, simply venting, telling the facts, This came up today while I had one of the busiest days in months, and to just sit there and look at the feedback while I know the guy got his damn pinball machine fixed thanks to me, just grinds my hemorrhoids. Almost a holiday where I will take off a half day, and I have to think about this "douche nozzle" (someone else's words) and I don't like being silent.

Don't bust a vein lol. And being busy is great thing in business, agreed? Just leave a follow-up to that feedback and relax, I'll still be ordering

#111 4 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

My blocked bidder list is comically long

I'm at about 70 people blocked over the last 18 years although some have had their accounts closed.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomdrum.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warning-to-ebay-sellers-buyer-tom848tom-?tu=tomdrum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.