(Topic ID: 246446)

Warning to eBay sellers

By toddsvec

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tregurd.gif
    assholes (resized).jpg
    giphy.gif
    tom848tom (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kozmckpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#5 4 years ago

I can see a possible issue here. when you say "I ship in one business day", someone might interpret that as overnight delivery and not just that the item is presented to the shipper within one day. I have worked in a customer facing role for over a decade now, it's never a good thing to say something negative to a customer directly esp when you are talking about a $16 sale that could demean your stellar rep. That's worth way more than $16.95. IMHO.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from toddsvec:

I told the buyer exactly: ""Will go in the morning mail. And FYI, it's posted I ship in 1 business day. And I ship every day, Sundays and holidays like today. No need to attach a note to say ship ASAP, it's actually a little aggravating"." If that's reason to receive a negative feedback, I'm sorry but I disagree. If you think I'm the a-hole in this situation, can I have your eBay ID?

It's tough being a perfectionist. I state that with compassion and insight. A lot of online businesses try to limit the communication between them and sellers to streamline their effort and time. I get that. If I got a tracking number within a business day of ordering I'd consider that to be acceptable. He should have waited for that and if not received, then the rating might be prudent. I've ordered from Pinball parts suppliers that did not communicate at all, even a tracking number for weeks and then ask me to be patient. That's unacceptable, but those vendors do not have a process of rating like eBay does. You seem to have done nothing wrong, I am surprised eBay no longer allows a negative rating to be lifted with explanation.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from toddsvec:

Exactly. I get half my business on eBay, and those requests annoy me (especially when they have the choice of Priority and Express), but if it's on my web site and you send a message like that and didn't pay for Priority? Tell me why in any world would you telling me to ship it ASAP put you ahead of other paying customers.
    I appreciate those of you that "get this".

I get it, but posting the guy's eBay ID for this on a pinside thread title is hard to understand. As others have said the rating could get redacted under a politer approach. Isn't it possible the guy's a Pinsider? Just IMHO, not trying to pile on.

#38 4 years ago

I think you've made your point.How about taking his ID off of the thread title. That'd be a good start towards resolution. IMHO.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kozmckpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warning-to-ebay-sellers-buyer-tom848tom-?tu=kozmckpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.