(Topic ID: 246446)

Warning to eBay sellers

By toddsvec

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tregurd.gif
    assholes (resized).jpg
    giphy.gif
    tom848tom (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dooskie.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from toddsvec:

I'm sure this will get both thumbs up and thumbs down, but a warning to eBay sellers about buyer tom848tom, who left me a negative feedback today. *Block him.* He bought a small power supply kit from me, and in his purchase notes, he said "please ship asap: my pinball is hurtin! " to which I replied "Will go in the morning mail. And FYI, it's posted I ship in 1 business day. And I ship every day, Sundays and holidays like today. No need to attach a note to say ship ASAP, it's actually a little aggravating". And it is. If you're any kind of volume seller, you get tired of messages like "Pack carefully", "Send me the tracking number when you ship" and of course "Please send ASAP". And in most of those cases, they pick ground shipping not Priority for a few bucks more.
    He ordered May 27th (at night) and received it May 30th, and left me a negative feedback today: "told me i was aggravating for asking "please ship asap" wont order from again". Butt hurt over a few words, no mention of the fact I sent a quality product that likely fixed his machine, and he got it across country in a few days. To me it's like walking in to a restaurant and asking for the cook and telling him not to burn his meal. OK, that's a stretch.
    I have said for years I'll stop doing this when it's not fun anymore. Guys like this are the nails in the coffin. I'm a collector, a hobbyist, and I happen to have a business selling pinball parts. For the $3 profit I made, this cat has to be (in my opinion) a dick and ruin my 100% eBay rating. It won't likely hurt business, except for the fact he'll never buy from me again, boo hoo.
    Yes, coming here to vent. With eBay getting hard and harder to sell on, it's guys like this that make it harder. Before you tell me not to sell on eBay, it's easy to say, but not easy to ignore its near half my volume.
    Rant off. Play some pinball...
    Todd
    [quoted image]

I'm a high volume seller on eBay, and have been for 18+ years. I've got a 100% feedback rating, and have that rating for a reason. PM me if you would like a sure-fire way to get the negative feedback removed. It's rare for me to get a neg, but the few times I have, I've gotten it removed every single time.

#120 4 years ago
    Quoted from RacingPin:

I had an issue a little ways back where the buyer made a purchase and then made a pile of demands(sturdy box, extra bubble wrap, ship ASAP, send tracking, item cleaned, triple tested .. etc). All this I do anyway. I looked at feedback he left for others and he was leaving neg feedback for one day late .. etc. I feared any little imperfection and I would be his next neg. I canceled his order, gave refund and promptly blocked him .. potential problem solved.
    So your neg that you got my comeback to bite him in more ways than one.
    Mike V

That buyer could still have left you a negative feedback, even though you canceled the transaction.

#121 4 years ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

You’re in a customer service situation. What if you went to a restaurant and the hostess called you aggravating to your face? Would you be tempted to write a bad review?

She wouldn't get much of a tip.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dooskie.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warning-to-ebay-sellers-buyer-tom848tom-?tu=dooskie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.