(Topic ID: 246446)

Warning to eBay sellers

By toddsvec

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tregurd.gif
    assholes (resized).jpg
    giphy.gif
    tom848tom (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 145 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 4 years ago

Came here to vent and gripe about an eBay buyer, I've since removed his handle. .* He bought a small power supply kit from me, and in his purchase notes, he said "please ship asap: my pinball is hurtin! " to which I replied "Will go in the morning mail. And FYI, it's posted I ship in 1 business day. And I ship every day, Sundays and holidays like today. No need to attach a note to say ship ASAP, it's actually a little aggravating". And it is. If you're any kind of volume seller, you get tired of messages like "Pack carefully", "Send me the tracking number when you ship" and of course "Please send ASAP". And in most of those cases, they pick ground shipping not Priority for a few bucks more.

He ordered May 27th (at night) and received it May 30th, and left me a negative feedback today: "told me i was aggravating for asking "please ship asap" wont order from again". Butt hurt over a few words, no mention of the fact I sent a quality product that likely fixed his machine, and he got it across country in a few days. To me it's like walking in to a restaurant and asking for the cook and telling him not to burn his meal. OK, that's a stretch.

I have said for years I'll stop doing this when it's not fun anymore. Guys like this are the nails in the coffin. I'm a collector, a hobbyist, and I happen to have a business selling pinball parts. For the $3 profit I made, this cat has to be (in my opinion) a dick and ruin my 100% eBay rating. It won't likely hurt business, except for the fact he'll never buy from me again, boo hoo.

Yes, coming here to vent. With eBay getting hard and harder to sell on, it's guys like this that make it harder. Before you tell me not to sell on eBay, it's easy to say, but not easy to ignore its near half my volume.

Rant off. Play some pinball...

Todd

tom848tom (resized).jpgtom848tom (resized).jpg
    #2 4 years ago

Ebay blows now. Had a day in Tennessee scam me out an item non pinball related.

#3 4 years ago

I've ordered from you more than once and always been happy.
    Don't let one negative feedback ruin you. Just carry on with business as usual.
    -Mike

#4 4 years ago

The next time your dog has a bowel movement send this guy a follow up “Thank You” package.

#5 4 years ago

I can see a possible issue here. when you say "I ship in one business day", someone might interpret that as overnight delivery and not just that the item is presented to the shipper within one day. I have worked in a customer facing role for over a decade now, it's never a good thing to say something negative to a customer directly esp when you are talking about a $16 sale that could demean your stellar rep. That's worth way more than $16.95. IMHO.

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Ebay blows now. Had a day in Tennessee scam me out an item non pinball related.

I don't fault eBay much in this case, it's totally the buyer. However if they would allow my reply to affect his record, it would warn other sellers. but they don't. Buyers are perfect in eBay's mind, can never do wrong.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

I've ordered from you more than once and always been happy.
    Don't let one negative feedback ruin you. Just carry on with business as usual.
    -Mike

Thank you.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

The next time your dog has a bowel movement send this guy a follow up “Thank You” package.

I've looked in to that. I think it's slightly illegal

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

I can see a possible issue here. when you say "I ship in one business day", someone might interpret that as overnight delivery and not just that the item is presented to the shipper within one day. I have worked in a customer facing role for over a decade now, it's never a good thing to say something negative to a customer directly esp when you are talking about a $16 sale that demeans your stellar rep. IMHO.

No, that's not what the customer was thinking, he never expected it overnight, never said so. He complaint wasn't about shipping time. Those quotes are exact. To be clear, in the listing under shipping and handling on eBay, it states: "Will usually ship within same business day if paid before 20:59 PDT (excludes weekends and holidays). Expected ship time may vary and is based on seller's order cut-off time.". It's not implied anywhere he expected overnight shipping. He was simply annoyed that I told him my listing said I would ship in one day, that I didn't need a reminder. I called him out on it. It wasn't demeaning, he's living in this USA's "deserved" world.

#10 4 years ago

So did you tell the buyer that he was aggravating for asking you to ship asap?

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from spinal:

So did you tell the buyer that he was aggravating for asking you to ship asap?

I told the buyer exactly: ""Will go in the morning mail. And FYI, it's posted I ship in 1 business day. And I ship every day, Sundays and holidays like today. No need to attach a note to say ship ASAP, it's actually a little aggravating"." If that's reason to receive a negative feedback, I'm sorry but I disagree that it's reasonable. If you think I'm the a-hole in this situation, can I have your eBay ID?

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from toddsvec:

I don't fault eBay much in this case,

I wouldn't either ... I would fault you! This guy just spent money and simply puts a note to ship ASAP .... instead of telling the guy it would go out tomorrow you decided to tell him his note aggravated you. Your note should've stopped right after morning mail. By going on you aggravated him. Who knows maybe he didn't see the shipping info or he was just wanting to get his machine fixed asap. Telling him he was aggravating you by giving his money to you isn't the best customer service and now you're going on a forum to tell others not to do business with this guy because he asked to ship ASAP!

I never dealt with you Todd but you had 100% feedback on Ebay which isnt easy these days so you're doing something right. I wish you no ill will .... just trying to give a different perspective!

#13 4 years ago

Ebay has gone downhill and always seems to back they buyer anymore, even if the buyer is full of shit or scamming.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from toddsvec:

I told the buyer exactly: ""Will go in the morning mail. And FYI, it's posted I ship in 1 business day. And I ship every day, Sundays and holidays like today. No need to attach a note to say ship ASAP, it's actually a little aggravating"." If that's reason to receive a negative feedback, I'm sorry but I disagree. If you think I'm the a-hole in this situation, can I have your eBay ID?

It's tough being a perfectionist. I state that with compassion and insight. A lot of online businesses try to limit the communication between them and sellers to streamline their effort and time. I get that. If I got a tracking number within a business day of ordering I'd consider that to be acceptable. He should have waited for that and if not received, then the rating might be prudent. I've ordered from Pinball parts suppliers that did not communicate at all, even a tracking number for weeks and then ask me to be patient. That's unacceptable, but those vendors do not have a process of rating like eBay does. You seem to have done nothing wrong, I am surprised eBay no longer allows a negative rating to be lifted with explanation.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

just trying to give a different perspective!

I appreciate your input. Like I said, I don't expect every one to agree. My listings say I ship 1 day, my feedback shines for fast shipping, being "reminded" to ship quickly gets old. That a pointed out my listings say when I ship, and I find being reminded aggravating, TO ME, isn't a reason to leave a negative.

#16 4 years ago

I am surprised eBay no longer allows a negative rating to be lifted with explanation.

Not sure if they changed the policy but negative feedback can be removed BUT it needed to be done by the user that left it. So basically your chances of getting this to happen is little.

Quoted from toddsvec:

I appreciate your input.

Thanks for not taking offense! Just a shame that words made an otherwise positive transaction end up being negative!

#17 4 years ago

I sell a bunch of stuff on eBay, over 12K transactions to date. (Mostly non pin stuff) I see your issue. NO one in their right mind expects overnight shipping on a collectible item unless they pay 3X normal shipping cost. Plus no sellers offer it unless game tickets with an expiration date. I get the ship ASAP crap all the time, everything goes out the same day or next. I have a 100% ship rate as you probably do as a top rated seller. There is the 1% a-hole factor and you met yours.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Not sure if they changed the policy but negative feedback can be removed BUT it needed to be done by the user that left it. So basically your chances of getting this to happen is little.

It can be removed by the buyer if I request it and he agrees. eBay will remove it in certain cases. It's not always cut and dry. I did send the buyer a message, and have not gotten a reply. I have not requested to him to change his feedback, I've asked eBay first. I doubt they will. But they might. It depends on who you get. About 6 months ago I sent a $5 package of heat shrink, it came with a slight tear in the padded envelope, they buyer claim it poorly packed and damaged. It was not in either case, but he requested a return and I paid to return it. Nothing wrong with it at all and he left me a negative. eBay removed his feedback. He had a pattern, had left many people negatives for "improper packing" and asking for refunds. We're talking heat shrink tubing here guys! I lost money on it, but he's not getting free product.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

There is the 1% a-hole factor and you met yours.

I often say, 99% are fine, the 1% make up for the stories. Yes, here's one. I just hope a few sellers will block him on eBay as I did. Chances are he'll never buy, but I've blocked people by how they've treated other pinball parts sellers, and it's VERY satisfying to get an email saying "Hey, i tried to buy this but you've blocked me?" and looking t up and realize they gave a negative to someone when an order was a few days late overseas. yes, I blocked you and I don't need your business.

#20 4 years ago

Contact ebay, explain the situation and they will remove the -ve feedback.
    Don't let crazies ruin your day.

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Telling him he was aggravating you by giving his money to you isn't the best customer service

Not really accurate is it to state it that way, is it? I didn't tell him I was aggravated by him giving me money. At all. I told him I ship as stated, 1 day, and that it's aggravating to be reminded. He's spun it like you have in his mind. Him being bothered by my reply wasn't enough for him to cancel the sale, he wanted what I had but planned all along to leave me a negative for me pointing out my listing says I ship daily. Sorry you don't see it the way I do.

#22 4 years ago

I ordered from you about two weeks ago, I was happy as a pig in shit, how fast the shipping was and the quality of the product. You have a customer for life. The douche nozzle will get what he deserves karma is a bitch.

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from toddsvec:

I appreciate your input. Like I said, I don't expect every one to agree. My listings say I ship 1 day, my feedback shines for fast shipping, being "reminded" to ship quickly gets old. That a pointed out my listings say when I ship, and I find being reminded aggravating, TO ME, isn't a reason to leave a negative.

I get that it's annoying, and I know from years of buying on ebay you can get a seller anywhere from you shipping with-in a day to someone else dragging their feet weeks or even months. Chances are he has dealt with the latter enough times.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

I ordered from you about two weeks ago, I was happy as a pig in shit, how fast the shipping was and the quality of the product. You have a customer for life.

I guess I'm going to have to get your Tee shirt size for the next order!

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from toddsvec:

I often say, 99% are fine, the 1% make up for the stories. Yes, here's one. I just hope a few sellers will block him on eBay as I did. Chances are he'll never buy, but I've blocked people by how they've treated other pinball parts sellers, and it's VERY satisfying to get an email saying "Hey, i tried to buy this but you've blocked me?" and looking t up and realize they gave a negative to someone when an order was a few days late overseas. yes, I blocked you and I don't need your business.

Agreed. I mainly sell tools and are friends with several who sell the same Snap-on stuff I do. We sell to each other to finish sets and when we get an a-hole buyer we share the info and block them from buying from us across the board. We text our blocked buyer list to avoid the a-holes. Sucks but it is what it is.

#26 4 years ago

I would never send a message requesting to ship ASAP. It doesn’t speed the order up and, in most cases, only pisses off the seller.

If I need something quicker than what the seller denotes as standard shipping, I pay extra for express shipping if it is offered by the seller.

#27 4 years ago

This is the reason I no longer sell things on ebay... The last few times I have always had a couple of buyers that made selling a pain.

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

I would never send a message requesting to ship ASAP. It doesn’t speed the order up and, in most cases, only pisses off the seller.

Exactly. I get half my business on eBay, and those requests annoy me (especially when they have the choice of Priority and Express), but if it's on my web site and you send a message like that and didn't pay for Priority? Tell me why in any world would you telling me to ship it ASAP put you ahead of other paying customers.

I appreciate those of you that "get this".

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from toddsvec:

Exactly. I get half my business on eBay, and those requests annoy me (especially when they have the choice of Priority and Express), but if it's on my web site and you send a message like that and didn't pay for Priority? Tell me why in any world would you telling me to ship it ASAP put you ahead of other paying customers.
    I appreciate those of you that "get this".

I get it, but posting the guy's eBay ID for this on a pinside thread title is hard to understand. As others have said the rating could get redacted under a politer approach. Isn't it possible the guy's a Pinsider? Just IMHO, not trying to pile on.

#30 4 years ago

Let me spin this another way. All of my listings for game specific items list the games supported. So Bally repair kits or Rottendog boards lists the compatible games. I get at least once a week "Will this work in XXX", when that game is listed. They do't read. I often reply "yes, games are listed and XX is listing", if I were to say like I did above that it was aggravating that they didn't read my listing, I should get a negative feedback?

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from toddsvec:

I'm sure this will get both thumbs up and thumbs down, but a warning to eBay sellers about buyer tom848tom, who left me a negative feedback today. *Block him.* He bought a small power supply kit from me, and in his purchase notes, he said "please ship asap: my pinball is hurtin! " to which I replied "Will go in the morning mail. And FYI, it's posted I ship in 1 business day. And I ship every day, Sundays and holidays like today. No need to attach a note to say ship ASAP, it's actually a little aggravating". And it is. If you're any kind of volume seller, you get tired of messages like "Pack carefully", "Send me the tracking number when you ship" and of course "Please send ASAP". And in most of those cases, they pick ground shipping not Priority for a few bucks more.
    He ordered May 27th (at night) and received it May 30th, and left me a negative feedback today: "told me i was aggravating for asking "please ship asap" wont order from again". Butt hurt over a few words, no mention of the fact I sent a quality product that likely fixed his machine, and he got it across country in a few days. To me it's like walking in to a restaurant and asking for the cook and telling him not to burn his meal. OK, that's a stretch.
    I have said for years I'll stop doing this when it's not fun anymore. Guys like this are the nails in the coffin. I'm a collector, a hobbyist, and I happen to have a business selling pinball parts. For the $3 profit I made, this cat has to be (in my opinion) a dick and ruin my 100% eBay rating. It won't likely hurt business, except for the fact he'll never buy from me again, boo hoo.
    Yes, coming here to vent. With eBay getting hard and harder to sell on, it's guys like this that make it harder. Before you tell me not to sell on eBay, it's easy to say, but not easy to ignore its near half my volume.
    Todd
    [quoted image]

Dude, you called a paying customer aggravating in a message because he asked for a favor. Now you are asking people who never dealt with him to block him. That is ridiculous and unprofessional. You took his ask way too personally and your customer doesn't deserve this. He left you negative feedback because you deserved it.

#32 4 years ago

posting the guy's eBay ID for this on pinside is hard to understand.

No other way to warn other eBay sellers that this guy, purely in my opinion, is out to wreck sellers ratings because he doesn't read and can't handle a little criticism. I hope that he is a Pinsider, and that he can post my message to him asking to retract as I had no reason to offend him, but he's out to ruin my rating. There's no other reason. Received the product? Yes. Received timely? Yes. Quality product? Yes. Fixed his game? I hope so. Didn't like my response to "Ship ASAP", NO he didn't. Ruin my 100% record? Yes. If I save one seller from getting a negative that can potentially hurt business, I'm fine with that.

And like I said, I came here to rant.

#33 4 years ago

I deal with my artwork customers every day, and two-thirds of them are aggravating. Do I tell them that? No, what would be the point? I can deal with some aggravation, I don't want to lose customers, and frankly it's not as if they're likely to suddenly have an epiphany, realize they're being aggravating, and change their personalities. A little aggravation is part of the price of doing business.

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from toddsvec:

I'm sure this will get both thumbs up and thumbs down, but a warning to eBay sellers about buyer tom848tom, who left me a negative feedback today. *Block him.* He bought a small power supply kit from me, and in his purchase notes, he said "please ship asap: my pinball is hurtin! " to which I replied "Will go in the morning mail. And FYI, it's posted I ship in 1 business day. And I ship every day, Sundays and holidays like today. No need to attach a note to say ship ASAP, it's actually a little aggravating". And it is. If you're any kind of volume seller, you get tired of messages like "Pack carefully", "Send me the tracking number when you ship" and of course "Please send ASAP". And in most of those cases, they pick ground shipping not Priority for a few bucks more.
    Todd
    [quoted image]

I'm a high volume seller on eBay, and have been for 18+ years. I've got a 100% feedback rating, and have that rating for a reason. PM me if you would like a sure-fire way to get the negative feedback removed. It's rare for me to get a neg, but the few times I have, I've gotten it removed every single time.

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Dude, you called a paying customer aggravating in a message because he asked for a favor.

He didn't ask for a favor, he asked for something I already provided, and he got it. So he left a negative anyway. If you think I deserved it, I'm sorry, I disagree but I appreciate your input.

#36 4 years ago

It’s the cost of doing business on ebay. I’ve been selling stuff on there since 1997. Always the same, will never change. Just have to accept the fact there there are bad customers.

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

It’s the cost of doing business on ebay. I’ve been selling stuff on there since 1997. Always the same, will never change. Just have to accept the fact there there are bad customers.

It is. It's a fact, just came here to warn and rant.

#38 4 years ago

I think you've made your point.How about taking his ID off of the thread title. That'd be a good start towards resolution. IMHO.

#39 4 years ago

I've bought from you several times and will continue to buy from you.

Just keep providing Great Products for us hobbyists and don't worry about that guy.

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Just have to accept the fact there there are bad customers.

Agreed, which is why I'm warning.

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from toddsvec:

No other way to warn other eBay sellers that this guy, purely in my opinion, is out to wreck sellers ratings because he doesn't read and can't handle a little criticism. I hope that he is a Pinsider, and that he can post my message to him asking to retract as I had no reason to offend him, but he's out to ruin my rating. There's no other reason. Received the product? Yes. Received timely? Yes. Quality product? Yes. Fixed his game? I hope so. Didn't like my response to "Ship ASAP", NO he didn't. Ruin my 100% record? Yes. If I save one seller from getting a negative that can potentially hurt business, I'm fine with that.
    And like I said, I came here to rant.

Todd, I've bought from you. I like you, you have helped me with purchases saving me $$. Take a breath here. Like I said we have a-hole buyers on eBay. I sell there too. But I have sucked up stupid unwarranted negative feedback from the 1% we sell to. It falls off in a year and in my experience if you leave a follow up to their FB you'll be fine if you explain the issue. Others realize that we have douche bags in our hobby. You'll be fine, I doubt anyone on this site feels different.

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

Just keep providing Great Products for us hobbyists and don't worry about that guy.

Thanks for your support and business.

#43 4 years ago

I would be offended as a customer if I got that response. Was it necessary to get the last snide comment in there like that? You should have just shipped the product and moved on.

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Todd, I've bought from you. I like you, you have helped me with purchases saving me $$. Take a breath here. Like I said we have a-hole buyers on eBay. I sell there too. But I have sucked up stupid unwarranted negative feedback from the 1% we sell to. It falls off in a year and in my experience if you leave a follow up to their FB you'll be fine if you explain the issue. Others realize that we have douche bags in our hobby. You'll be fine, I doubt anyone on this site feels different.

Thanks Tom. I hope it doesn't come across that I'm about to bust a vein, simply venting, telling the facts, and warning others. This came up today while I had one of the busiest days in months, and to just sit there and look at the feedback while I know the guy got his damn pinball machine fixed thanks to me, just grinds my hemorrhoids. Almost a holiday where I will take off a half day, and I have to think about this "douche nozzle" (someone else's words) and I don't like being silent.

Funny that KozMckPinball downvotes all my posts despite having no input.

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

I would be offended as a customer if I got that response. Was it necessary to get the last snide comment in there like that? You should have just shipped the product and moved on.

Necessary no, but it also wasn't offensive. How would that reply offend you? Was it cause you didn't read the listing do it's your fault,? Wasn't snide, was honest, but this is how deserved people are these days. Do what I tell you to or I'll complain and ruin your reputation.

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from toddsvec:

Thanks Tom. I hope it doesn't come across that I'm about to bust a vein, simply venting, telling the facts, This came up today while I had one of the busiest days in months, and to just sit there and look at the feedback while I know the guy got his damn pinball machine fixed thanks to me, just grinds my hemorrhoids. Almost a holiday where I will take off a half day, and I have to think about this "douche nozzle" (someone else's words) and I don't like being silent.

Don't bust a vein lol. And being busy is great thing in business, agreed? Just leave a follow-up to that feedback and relax, I'll still be ordering

#47 4 years ago

I think you've made your point.How about taking his ID off of the thread title. That'd be a good start towards resolution. IMHO.

Not really. But you'll downvote this post like all the rest you have.

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

Ditto. I have only bought off the website and not ebay. For years this has been one of my go-to places for circuit boards and other parts. Always great service and FAST shipping!

http://bigdaddy-enterprises.com/

#49 4 years ago

So you're aggravated he got aggravated when you told him he was aggravating?

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

So you're aggravated he got aggravated when you told him he was aggravating?

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
    There are 145 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warning-to-ebay-sellers-buyer-tom848tom-/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.