(Topic ID: 167561)

WARNING!! This thread may cost you money. Comments please.

By Litedpinballmods

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

led controller 2 (resized).jpg
led controller (resized).jpg
0625172340_resized (resized).jpg
6FFA4842-E5E0-41D5-8522-13559A53EEC0 (resized).png
B18E4189-C198-43CB-904B-B6247DAF54C7 (resized).jpeg
EF1D8C5D-93E7-493A-A076-E38EFAFF877F (resized).jpeg
41345C25-5538-4984-A65D-B838A9C3F39F (resized).jpeg
F3981CB0-2A57-478A-A6F0-F249C27FEBF0 (resized).jpeg
899D7ED6-1424-49FF-8998-C42489D393DA (resized).jpeg
C208BAF0-68CA-4DC5-AF27-6327949EAC83 (resized).jpeg
20180722_180910 (resized).jpg
0625181410a_resized (resized).jpg
iron-maiden-hinge-cover-text-gif (resized).png
IMGA0722 (resized).JPG
IMGA0720 (resized).JPG
IMGA0719 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#275 7 years ago

Cobra - I thought the exact same thing. Too cool.

#280 7 years ago

Looking at the bumper caps... how do they attach? I dont see any screw holes. Or is this because they are prototypes?

#282 7 years ago

Thanks for the detailed reply. These are so cool. They are going to be incredible on my T2.

#328 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

CFTBL may be a no-go - even lights that are the tiniest bit too tall will cause a problem. Hopefully not though! But even if they won't work, it's so damn hard to see the pops anyway it might just get lost in between the ramps

No way there is 1/2" to spare on CFTBL. On CFTBL, 1/8" would be a problem.

#330 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

TZ is an easy fit....must have these......

I hate to sound like Debbie Downer but if the caps are 1/2" higher than regular caps, I have a hard time believing they will fit under the "Power" and "Magna-Flip" plastics which overhang the top two pop bumper caps.

#331 7 years ago

I think they will be fine on my T2 though!

4 weeks later
#358 7 years ago

It would have been great to have some of these available in time for Christmas. Seems like may be trying to do too many items at once. Oh well, I guess I'll just continue to wait. Only good side to the wait is that it has given me some time to save some cash. Happy Holidays!!

2 months later
#405 7 years ago

Dan - If I were you, I would bring as much as I can to Allentown because I think it will sell like hotcakes. Probably won't have to bring much back with you.

1 month later
#473 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

There really is no official list per say right now, they are building their web site and it won't be ready for a couple of months. Dan will post here what's available when he has time. Start saving money now, these are some great mods.

They are currently at Pinfest in Allentown. I bought two of the "deluxe" speaker panel backlight kits yesterday. Very nice guys to deal with. They have a TON of other mods for many different machines as well. Also, don't forget the plasma pop bumpers. They are really cool.

#490 6 years ago

I tried to find the speaker panel installation instructions on the website as Chuck mentioned at the show but I don't see them anywhere. How/when will instructions be available? Thanks guys.

#514 6 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Ok, like I said, I had to wait for a bit but here you go....
I may just install it without the brackets and once Dan send them I'll install them

How does it stay in place without the brackets? I bought two of these and neither one came with the brackets. Also, what is the small block of wood for?

1 month later
#565 6 years ago

I'm currently installing my lighted panel on my TZ but I have a question. Pardon my ignorance but can you tell me why the controlling relay needs to be connected to the power driver board (universal backbox connection)? I would think (probably incorrectly) that all of the power for the panel is coming from the pcb board (supplied with the kit) that is plugged into the service outlet. Thanks in advance for taking the time to reply.

#567 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You are exactly correct; you do power directly from the service outlet. However, unless they've been modified, the service outlets are wired to have constant power. That means when you turn the game off, the panel would still be lit. The relay addresses this by only switching on power to the lighted panel when the game itself is on.

Thanks for the reply. I'm still confused though... So having the relay connected to the driver board keeps the panel from being lit even though it is plugged into the service outlet?

#569 6 years ago

Thanks for the clear and detailed explanation Rdoyle. I appreciate the help. I just didn't realize the driver board could override the service outlet.

#583 6 years ago

Hi Dan - Trying to install in my TZ and the new panel does not fit into the "U" channel at the bottom of the back box. The new panel along with the plastic cover is just slightly too wide to drop into the channel. Any thoughts? A bit frustrating.

#585 6 years ago

There is definitely no play in the channel. I even removed it from the back box and tried to push it onto the panel and I can't get it to fit.

#591 6 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

Sorry for the issue, I will take care of and send you a PM today.
I will also post why that happened and how we have cured that later today.
Dan

Ok. Thanks Dan. I look forward to your solution.

#594 6 years ago

Dan - That is one thorough explanation! Thanks for that. Also thank you for the PM with a solution to my particular problem. As Ericpanballfan said above, your customer service rocks! You guys are the best. Thanks again.

4 months later
#620 6 years ago

Just want to say that Dan and Briana are the best. I was missing a part from a lighted speaker panel that I bought at Pinfest back in May and just noticed now as I hadn't attempted to install it. I contacted them to ask about getting the one part and they immediately sent me an entire wiring kit for the panel. Incredible customer service. I can't say enough about them. They have a customer for life. Thank you.

#623 6 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Glen, what game did you get a panel for. Any pics?

Hi Terry - I have a lighted panel installed in my TZ. The part that was missing is for my TAF machine. I haven't installed it in the TAF yet. The panel in TZ is awesome. Pictures really don't do it justice.

tzpanel1 (resized).jpgtzpanel1 (resized).jpg
tzpanel2 (resized).jpgtzpanel2 (resized).jpg
tzpanel3 (resized).jpgtzpanel3 (resized).jpg

8 months later
#670 5 years ago
Quoted from Clnilsen:

This is what is frustrating me greatly. My wife got me the premium kit for my DW for Christmas, and didn't get the matching DW artwork speaker panel. When I followed up with them (after a long wait) I was told it doesn't exist. I need to use a razor blade and "make" a masked panel. Screw that. As far as I'm concerned, this is complete false advertising.
So this gift continues to sit in a box, probably never to be used.

Rather than let it sit unused in a box, sell it to me! I'll give you $75 for it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Clovis, NM
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 17.50
$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 14.95
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warning-this-thread-may-cost-you-money-comments-please?tu=gac and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.