(Topic ID: 167561)

WARNING!! This thread may cost you money. Comments please.

By Litedpinballmods

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

led controller 2 (resized).jpg
led controller (resized).jpg
0625172340_resized (resized).jpg
6FFA4842-E5E0-41D5-8522-13559A53EEC0 (resized).png
B18E4189-C198-43CB-904B-B6247DAF54C7 (resized).jpeg
EF1D8C5D-93E7-493A-A076-E38EFAFF877F (resized).jpeg
41345C25-5538-4984-A65D-B838A9C3F39F (resized).jpeg
F3981CB0-2A57-478A-A6F0-F249C27FEBF0 (resized).jpeg
899D7ED6-1424-49FF-8998-C42489D393DA (resized).jpeg
C208BAF0-68CA-4DC5-AF27-6327949EAC83 (resized).jpeg
20180722_180910 (resized).jpg
0625181410a_resized (resized).jpg
iron-maiden-hinge-cover-text-gif (resized).png
IMGA0722 (resized).JPG
IMGA0720 (resized).JPG
IMGA0719 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#69 7 years ago

I look at it like toppers.... Nice for those that want to splurge but way too much for limited return for me. I'd rather make the translite interactive for that kind of money...

1 year later
#660 5 years ago

I would caution others from ordering from these guys. Their contact is abysmal.

I ordered a panel a MONTH ago... and it's taken this long to try to send the still new in box unit back for a refund. Literally, the pinside mail thread is 21 days old trying to have a simple conversation.

#664 5 years ago

The 'we are busy..' excuse doesn't justify a week+ delay in responding to direct emails.

Nor that their website is still a train wreck... what... 6+months later..

#666 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I ordered a Jackbot about a week ago and a few days later they said it was shipped. We'll see when it gets here.

Getting the product was easy... the challenges are with communication and their advertising. For instance all the postings about TZ and shadow masks, etc in this thread... yet their actual ads don't say what games they sell panels for (or not).. yet they list them in their game specific ads.

#669 5 years ago
Quoted from Clnilsen:

This is what is frustrating me greatly. My wife got me the premium kit for my DW for Christmas, and didn't get the matching DW artwork speaker panel. When I followed up with them (after a long wait) I was told it doesn't exist. I need to use a razor blade and "make" a masked panel. Screw that. As far as I'm concerned, this is complete false advertising.
So this gift continues to sit in a box, probably never to be used.

Exactly... they list the speaker plastic in all their ads... yet just say "(limited games)" - because they use the same text everywhere. Plus they set the expectation here they were getting these made... yet, it seems like that was either given up on, or EXTREMELY limited.. yet no one knows.

If you've read this thread when it started.. then went and bought from an ad... its hard to tell wth you are getting (or not). The details are there if you are armed with hindsight... but they are confusing if you are just reading like most ads.

#675 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I’ve done 5 of them, and the first one took 4 hours. The last one took 45 minutes. And to be clear, the only panels they have are the unlicensed ones. The process is pretty clear as far as what you have to do - I will send you the full instructions
Do not do not DO NOT use a metal razor blade. The kit comes with a plastic one. If you use that, there is no risk in wrecking your panel. You do have to go slow until you get the hang of it. Do not use a regular blade.

Don't worry, I'm not using it .. I'm sending it back.

The only reason I ordered this thing in the first place was to replace my speaker panel plastic... which... they don't make.

#694 5 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

To make a long story short. flynnibus thought when he purchased the lighted panel he thought a new Twilight Zone speaker plastic came with the panel, which it does not. We have a couple of statements in the listing that we felt made it clear that it does not come with the plastic, flynnbus felt it was not clear. We have not had an issue that someone felt they were getting a speaker plastic in the past, but on flynnbus's suggestion we will be updating the listings to make it clearer, it is on our to do list to make those changes.
I will be the first to admit that our communication is not as good as I would like, the person that answers our emails works 3 days a week, so their can be a delay on replies. Also if she has a question to me or another person, that can cause a delay. Their are many parts to running a business, and I wish I could have every PM replied within hours, everything shipped with in hours and so on. I will say this, and this is a strong statement, we do work hard on customer service. apposed to delays in communication, I don't think we have a unsatisfied customer, and we have done hundreds of sales on Pinside alone.
Dan

For the record and follow-up... Dan/etc and I have closed the loop I hope. I opened a dispute in paypal to contact them there as well (mainly to ensure there were no time expiration issues with any buyer protection). From there, we've had reliable communication where the company offered the refund with the shipping information. Today I put the unit back in the mail to them. So we got there eventually... but it took 22 days.

For feedback, you guys clearly put a lot of effort into your presence at shows, but your online presence still leaves a lot to be desired. I would also suggest you might want to go back to one of the early posts in this thread and edit it with an update to reflect your current state of products and ambitions. This is a very long thread that wanders through all the progressions you've had with the concept and product. Maybe even just start a new one with your actual shipping stuff vs all the prototyping you've done in the past. That plus making your product descriptions specific to the game in terms of what is offered would go a long way to helping make things more clear.

Best of luck.

Edit: also good to hear the website will be getting the attention needed. Looking forward to seeing the progress.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 21.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warning-this-thread-may-cost-you-money-comments-please?tu=flynnibus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.