(Topic ID: 167561)

WARNING!! This thread may cost you money. Comments please.

By Litedpinballmods

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

led controller 2 (resized).jpg
led controller (resized).jpg
0625172340_resized (resized).jpg
6FFA4842-E5E0-41D5-8522-13559A53EEC0 (resized).png
B18E4189-C198-43CB-904B-B6247DAF54C7 (resized).jpeg
EF1D8C5D-93E7-493A-A076-E38EFAFF877F (resized).jpeg
41345C25-5538-4984-A65D-B838A9C3F39F (resized).jpeg
F3981CB0-2A57-478A-A6F0-F249C27FEBF0 (resized).jpeg
899D7ED6-1424-49FF-8998-C42489D393DA (resized).jpeg
C208BAF0-68CA-4DC5-AF27-6327949EAC83 (resized).jpeg
20180722_180910 (resized).jpg
0625181410a_resized (resized).jpg
iron-maiden-hinge-cover-text-gif (resized).png
IMGA0722 (resized).JPG
IMGA0720 (resized).JPG
IMGA0719 (resized).JPG
There are 761 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 16.
#302 7 years ago

Question, which I am sure I know the answer to.

The way I currently have these pop bumpers wired, they would always be on (when your game is on). It sounds like you guys would really like them to turn on and off as a regular pop bumper does. How important is that to everyone?

Thanks,
Dan

#303 7 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

The way I currently have these pop bumpers wired, they would always be on (when your game is on). It sounds like you guys would really like them to turn on and off as a regular pop bumper does. How important is that to everyone?
Thanks,
Dan

For me, I'd like them to function as a regular pop bumper does (as it's part of gameplay in most cases)...

#304 7 years ago

Dan- Yup, I was going to email you today to see how these would direct wire into my Addams family. I feel it's very important that these light up in programming with pin. I'm not afraid to solder, I have 3 solder guns all over House for different applications. I was playing Addams last night specifically looking at pop caps to gain a feel for how the plasma caps would look and play. On Addams there off a lot. As you gain graveyard mansion rooms they start to stay on. In multi ball they rev-up one at a time and stay on during that period.
Lifting playfield these are not hard cap wires to get to. It will require some work to get these in including removing ramp for the top one. Always a good time to rubber and bulb and clean too!
Thanks for hearing my requests. Yes please hard wire ideas for these.
5 caps required in different colors, but I wasn't going to color match current colors.

#305 7 years ago

Thanks,
Dan

Just remember we'd have to see how much they light up with a very fast momentery hit on a switch, they may not light up fully like a small led. Your mod has a VERY large area to light up compared to an led bulb. Just sayin.

#306 7 years ago

Thanks,
Dan

I'd prefer that they light up like the originals.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Just remember we'd have to see how much they light up with a very fast momentery hit on a switch, they may not light up fully like a small led. Your mod has a VERY large area to light up compared to an led bulb. Just sayin.

If that's the case maybe he could put a delay circuit in there and leave them on just long enough for the effect. If they keep getting hit repeatedly, then they would just stay on until the last hit times out. That might get more complicated with a delay-off timer, But would be cool if the situation MustangPaul pointed out would happen.

#307 7 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I'd prefer that they light up like the originals.

If that's the case maybe he could put a delay circuit in there and leave them on just long enough for the effect. If they keep getting hit repeatedly, then they would just stay on until the last hit times out. That might get more complicated with a delay-off timer, But would be cool if the situation MustangPaul pointed out would happen.

Yup.

#308 7 years ago

Good new - bad news type of thing.

Bad News - I was working on the switching with the relays I have here, and they do not work on the pop bumper

Good News - Took a light blue (new color to see) pop bumper, and hooked it up in a way to get moments of power. It passed the test, it looks very good. Please look at the video and see if you feel this response time is proper for a pop bumper. I feel it is.

Bad news - We are going to need a new relay manufactured, which will delay this product about 1 1/2 months.

Good news - We feel it will work fine, and are moving forward with the relay. We feel it is best when we offer a product, that it is the best it can be. When we release the product, you will have 3 setting to choose from, always on, sound activated or switching as a normal pop bumper would.

We have been focusing all of our time on these pop bumpers this last month, everything is very close except the relay. It is not bad because of the delay, it will give us a chance to go back to the lighted speaker panels, and get a bunch of those done, and then work on the chase and sound activated EL wire.

Thanks for the feedback.

#309 7 years ago

Looks great, and have no problem waiting until you have the correct solution to have the pops interact as designed w gameplay. The momentary lokked fine, imho. I WILL be color matching on my TAF and TZ, as that also ties into the game. GREAT STUFF!!!!

#310 7 years ago

The bad news sounds like good news. Delay worth the wait on pop caps so they work as close to originals as possible.

#311 7 years ago

Here is an example of yellow and white.

Hope to post red, dark blue and purple tomorrow. Then on to the next project.

white plasma (resized).jpgwhite plasma (resized).jpg

plasma yellow (resized).jpgplasma yellow (resized).jpg

#312 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

The bad news sounds like good news. Delay worth the wait on pop caps so they work as close to originals as possible.

We tried to match the color of the pop bumper to match the originals as close as possible. With the new relay, we will be able to match the lighting sequence also.

#313 7 years ago

Whats the cost on these pops?

#314 7 years ago

I like the new pop caps with the interactive option. It'll be worth the wait.

#315 7 years ago

All of this teasing with such great stuff.

How soon are we talking till get can purchase the lighted panels? Was hoping to get a HS2 panel before pinball league night in December.

#316 7 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

All of this teasing with such great stuff.
How soon are we talking till get can purchase the lighted panels? Was hoping to get a HS2 panel before pinball league night in December.

The main thing I am waiting on is the parts to repair the circle shear (for the metal speaker grills) and feedback from my testers. Once I get the circle shear going, it will take us a little time to ramp up production. I am not listing any of this stuff anyplace else till I have taken care of you guys on this thread. Trust me, I want to start selling, you have no idea how much money has been invested in all of this.

Dan

#317 7 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Whats the cost on these pops?

I am trying to keep costs down, but keep running into expenses, it is not easy manufacturing this product. When it is all said and done, will probably be $119 each. I wanted to go lower, but I don't think I will be able to do that. I would estimate over 400 hours R&D and a few thousand dollars to get where we are now, and still have a major investment in the new relays.

#318 7 years ago

I am trying to keep costs down, but keep running into expenses, it is not easy manufacturing this product. When it is all said and done, will probably be $119 each. I wanted to go lower, but I don't think I will be able to do that. I would estimate over 400 hours R&D and a few thousand dollars to get where we are now, and still have a major investment in the new relays.

Will these pop bumpers be the exact same height as existing pop bumpers when the bodies are attached? All of my games have very little room for extra height.

#319 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Will these pop bumpers be the exact same height as existing pop bumpers when the bodies are attached? All of my games have very little room for extra height.

They are 1/2" taller, so they won't work on all games. We got them a lot shorter then our original prototypes, but don't see any way of getting them shorter at this time.

Dan

#320 7 years ago

They are 1/2" taller, so they won't work on all games. We got them a lot shorter then our original prototypes, but don't see any way of getting them shorter at this time.
Dan

You may want to check and see which games these will work on. All of my games have about 1/8" clearance before you hit a ramp or other barrier.

#321 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

You may want to check and see which games these will work on. All of my games have about 1/8" clearance before you hit a ramp or other barrier.

I have about 30 games, mostly Bally/Williams, of those, 19 games should fit these without any problems on at least some of the bumpers. Some of the games I would not put these in, but some of the games scream for this. Here are some games in my collection they fit in:
Twilight Zone
Star Trek The Next Generation
Terminator 2
Star Wars - Data Eash
Whirlwind
Funhouse
Road Show
Zenon
The Getaway
Walking Dead
Tommy
Frankenstein

Here are some other games that I have that they fit into, but the theme of the game does not lend itself to these as well as the above:
Indiana Jones
Fish Tails
Monopoly
No Good Golfers
Black Rose
Rollergames

Creature from the Black Lagoon is one of those games I would have to get something to measure, because it has all of those ramps.

The easy way to tell if these are going to fit is get something that is 1/2" tall, even a deck of playing cards would work. If that can fir over your bumper, these will fit.

If you have a TZ, TAF, T2 or Frankenstein, these would look great. Nice thing about these, since they fit in different makers games, if you don't like it in a Stern game, you can pull it out and put it in a Bally game.

#322 7 years ago

I have about 30 games, mostly Bally/Williams, of those, 19 games should fit these without any problems on at least some of the bumpers. Some of the games I would not put these in, but some of the games scream for this. Here are some games in my collection they fit in:
Twilight Zone
Star Trek The Next Generation
Terminator 2
Star Wars - Data Eash
Whirlwind
Funhouse
Road Show
Zenon
The Getaway
Walking Dead
Tommy
Frankenstein
Here are some other games that I have that they fit into, but the theme of the game does not lend itself to these as well as the above:
Indiana Jones
Fish Tails
Monopoly
No Good Golfers
Black Rose
Rollergames
Creature from the Black Lagoon is one of those games I would have to get something to measure, because it has all of those ramps.
The easy way to tell if these are going to fit is get something that is 1/2" tall, even a deck of playing cards would work. If that can fir over your bumper, these will fit.
If you have a TZ, TAF, T2 or Frankenstein, these would look great. Nice thing about these, since they fit in different makers games, if you don't like it in a Stern game, you can pull it out and put it in a Bally game.

CFTBL may be a no-go - even lights that are the tiniest bit too tall will cause a problem. Hopefully not though! But even if they won't work, it's so damn hard to see the pops anyway it might just get lost in between the ramps

#323 7 years ago

I'd love to add them to BOP 2.0 but I think the clearance to the mini-playfield might not work. I'll be checking tonight.

#324 7 years ago

Scared Stiff and Time Machine are the games I'd like to put these in. Both actually have arcs of electricity in the playfield art around the pops.

#325 7 years ago

Any discount offers for RAIDERS fans?

#326 7 years ago

When will I be able to purchase some of the stuff. Getaway pinball needs speaker panel. Terminator needs pop bumpers and the list goes on and on

#327 7 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I'd love to add them to BOP 2.0 but I think the clearance to the mini-playfield might not work. I'll be checking tonight.

Let me know what you find out about BOP.

#328 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

CFTBL may be a no-go - even lights that are the tiniest bit too tall will cause a problem. Hopefully not though! But even if they won't work, it's so damn hard to see the pops anyway it might just get lost in between the ramps

No way there is 1/2" to spare on CFTBL. On CFTBL, 1/8" would be a problem.

#329 7 years ago

I worry about TAF, as these caps BELONG in this game, but the blue is right under the plastic ramp kind of tight, and even the white and orange are tight to the rails....I've got bugs on top of all mine, so that would look extra cool, but will have to measure. TZ is an easy fit....must have these......

#330 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

TZ is an easy fit....must have these......

I hate to sound like Debbie Downer but if the caps are 1/2" higher than regular caps, I have a hard time believing they will fit under the "Power" and "Magna-Flip" plastics which overhang the top two pop bumper caps.

#331 7 years ago

I think they will be fine on my T2 though!

#332 7 years ago
Quoted from gac:

I hate to sound like Debbie Downer but if the caps are 1/2" higher than regular caps, I have a hard time believing they will fit under the "Power" and "Magna-Flip" plastics which overhang the top two pop bumper caps.

Thought that too!

#333 7 years ago

downer (resized).jpgdowner (resized).jpg

#334 7 years ago

Took the glass of TAF and looked hard at how these will fit in.....I don't see it happening. The ramp would have to be modified and raised up, a possibility, but also a gamble and they still most likely won't fit. My idea was to lift the ramp up with spacers. Having ramp rest right on top pop caps might not look good.
At $110 each plus shipping for TAF, $550 MOD, this might be double deal breaker. I still might get one for the clear cap, showcases plasma cap in full view.

#335 7 years ago

Update on above post. Just spent another hour in TAF! I'm down to only one tight pop cap, it's red on mine, under the diverted most upper one. I'm showing it so close, but not an 1/2 inch. It's 1/8 inch shy, but lifting ramp by hand I could squeeze it in. Ramp would have to be fully removed for install of pop caps.
Maybe an Addams 5 piece package set?

#336 7 years ago
Quoted from PinJump:

I'd like to put these in Scared Stiff since it has arcs of electricity in the playfield art around the pops.

Do not try to put them in Scared Stiff. It already has unique "jumper bumpers" that move up and down.

#337 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Update on above post. Just spent another hour in TAF! I'm down to only one tight pop cap, it's red on mine, under the diverted most upper one. I'm showing it so close, but not an 1/2 inch. It's 1/8 inch shy, but lifting ramp by hand I could squeeze it in. Ramp would have to be fully removed for install of pop caps.
Maybe an Addams 5 piece package set?

I have both TAF and TZ here, and will have them installed in both before we start selling. Still working on the power board to have them turn on and off like original bumpers, won't be a problem just going to take a month or so. With the new board you should be able to have always on, or sound activated or original pop bumper sequences. Most people want them in 3's so we will have package prices, just can't figure those out till we get everything rolling. If 5 can fit in TAF, I will have a package price for that also. With packages, you will be able to pick your own colors for the set.

#338 7 years ago

I have both TAF and TZ here, and will have them installed in both before we start selling. Still working on the power board to have them turn on and off like original bumpers, won't be a problem just going to take a month or so. With the new board you should be able to have always on, or sound activated or original pop bumper sequences. Most people want them in 3's so we will have package prices, just can't figure those out till we get everything rolling. If 5 can fit in TAF, I will have a package price for that also. With packages, you will be able to pick your own colors for the set.

That will be awesome!!! Best choice for me, but man, TAF will be tight!!!

#339 7 years ago

Double thumbs up for package deal poppers

#340 7 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Do not try to put them in Scared Stiff. It already has unique "jumper bumpers" that move up and down.

Same with DE SW. Thumper Bumpers I think they're called. Man they make a racket.

#341 7 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

No, won't cost me any. I think it's ugly as heck.

Understand, maybe these are more your taste.

I will have a few of these each in the Pinside market in a few days. The proton pack is made, just waiting on the pop bumper relay to be able to turn on the EL Wire from any light on the play field. The proton pack will take us about a month.

All of these Ghost Buster mods have lights in them.

1123161457_HDR (resized).jpg1123161457_HDR (resized).jpg

1123161458_HDR (resized).jpg1123161458_HDR (resized).jpg

1123161530b_HDR (resized).jpg1123161530b_HDR (resized).jpg

1123161531 (resized).jpg1123161531 (resized).jpg

1123161537a (resized).jpg1123161537a (resized).jpg

1123161537b (resized).jpg1123161537b (resized).jpg

1123161546_HDR (resized).jpg1123161546_HDR (resized).jpg

1123161549 (resized).jpg1123161549 (resized).jpg

1123161555 (resized).jpg1123161555 (resized).jpg

1123161555a (resized).jpg1123161555a (resized).jpg

1123161601 (resized).jpg1123161601 (resized).jpg

1123161605 (resized).jpg1123161605 (resized).jpg

1123161605a (resized).jpg1123161605a (resized).jpg

1123161607_HDR (resized).jpg1123161607_HDR (resized).jpg

1123161612a_HDR (resized).jpg1123161612a_HDR (resized).jpg

IMG_2105 (resized).jpgIMG_2105 (resized).jpg

IMG_2111 (resized).jpgIMG_2111 (resized).jpg

#342 7 years ago

Understand, maybe these are more your taste.
I will have a few of these each in the Pinside market in a few days. The proton pack is made, just waiting on the pop bumper relay to be able to turn on the EL Wire from any light on the play field. The proton pack will take us about a month.
All of these Ghost Buster mods have lights in them.

Man talk about options. I'm frozen into inaction.

#343 7 years ago

I am ready for my fish tales deluxe panel.

#344 7 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

I am ready for my fish tales deluxe panel

Second,been ready! Just installed the 3D translight. Just need speaker panel. Adding color DMD this weekend, was hoping to make this one tech session, but....been waiting a few months now.
Need that hornet too!!!

#345 7 years ago

I think you should have kept separate threads for different mods.

Back to speaker panels, any plans for a BSD lit up speaker panel? If you could make a better reproduction of the speaker panel itself that would be appreciated. This is a comparison with original to Classic Arcades.

26778476cec3ff752e6b3bb2376c500d5b285949 (resized).jpeg26778476cec3ff752e6b3bb2376c500d5b285949 (resized).jpeg

#346 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

This is a comparison with original to Classic Arcades.

Barf!

#347 7 years ago

^^^ what he said. The one for BOP is tits on tho.

#348 7 years ago

We got feedback from test lighted speaker panels, and making slight revisions. Would rather take care of these minor items now then later. When all testing is done and we are ready to sell separate items or lines, I will start separate threads on those and list in the Pinside market.

Thanks for everyone that is giving me feedback either on this post or with PM's

#349 7 years ago

A few other updates. We feel we got the design done for a plasma pop bumper that is 1/8" shorter then our last version, but won't have the traditional pop bumpers curves on the top, it will be flat. Doing a few more tests, but it is looking very promising, should have those prototypes in about a week. As I said, we will have these installed in TAF and TZ when we get ready to sell. We expect the 1/2" tall bumpers to fit in 4 or 5 of the TAF pop bumper locations. The one that we think will be a close fit will the the red one in the upper left under the ramp. If the 1/2" ones don't fit, the flat 3/8" taller version should fit.

We have the design for the relay system to have the plasma pop bumpers turn on and off as a regular pop bumper does. We just sent the plans out to get some prices for being manufactured. This is also the relay that we will need to turn on the EL Wire with a play field light for the proton packs. Hope to get those in a month.

Plus we needed more space in our shop, and added another 150 square feet, that should be done this week.

A couple of changes on some of the Ghostbusters mods. We put a coat of clear coat on our mods that get painted. We did that on the stack of books, and on one of the slimmers, and we lost some of the glow on those mods. We did not notice it till we were posting pictures in the market. Those should be an easy fix.

We have a real big light up Twinkie, the colors are off just a bit getting that fixed.

Working on a ghost trap that will have a blue ghost being sucked into it. Kind of like the picture on the center of the play field.

Will slowly start posting Ghostbuster play field mods in Pinside market this week.

Dan

twinkie off (resized).jpgtwinkie off (resized).jpg

twinkie on (resized).jpgtwinkie on (resized).jpg

#350 7 years ago

I imagine if a Ghostbusters had every mod that you make installed, it would look like a toy aisle after Black Friday.

4BD2Is1 (resized).jpg4BD2Is1 (resized).jpg

It's nice to have options though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 54.96
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 761 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warning-this-thread-may-cost-you-money-comments-please/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.