(Topic ID: 167561)

WARNING!! This thread may cost you money. Comments please.

By dantina

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 761 posts
  • 123 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Litedpinballmods
  • Topic is favorited by 119 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 353 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

led controller 2 (resized).jpg
led controller (resized).jpg
0625172340_resized (resized).jpg
6FFA4842-E5E0-41D5-8522-13559A53EEC0 (resized).png
B18E4189-C198-43CB-904B-B6247DAF54C7 (resized).jpeg
EF1D8C5D-93E7-493A-A076-E38EFAFF877F (resized).jpeg
41345C25-5538-4984-A65D-B838A9C3F39F (resized).jpeg
F3981CB0-2A57-478A-A6F0-F249C27FEBF0 (resized).jpeg
899D7ED6-1424-49FF-8998-C42489D393DA (resized).jpeg
C208BAF0-68CA-4DC5-AF27-6327949EAC83 (resized).jpeg
20180722_180910 (resized).jpg
0625181410a_resized (resized).jpg
iron-maiden-hinge-cover-text-gif (resized).png
IMGA0722 (resized).JPG
IMGA0720 (resized).JPG
IMGA0719 (resized).JPG

There are 761 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 16.
#251 3 years ago

I already got 2 PM's about Tron glowing instruction panels. Yes I have those, here is a breakdown of the games I will have glowing instruction panels for:

All Bally/Williams DMD machines
All Bally/Williams system 11 games
All Stern games (not the original Stern, but since 2000)
All Sega games
All Data East games

Each of the above have slightly different sizes. So if you get a set for Stern, you can swap that between all Sterns, but they won't fit on other manufacture. On the kit that we sell, we will have an instruction card, a designer card, a game history card and a free play card. We will also include two 8 1/2" x 11" sheets of film so you can laser print your own cards. If you designed your own card, or want a card from a free donation funded site like pinballrebel.com or pinballcards.com you will be able to print and use those. We are not affiliated with either of those sites, but they have a great selection, and work off of donations.

All of the above are done, just getting our other lines done to start all at the same time. All of the above games should add up to 156 games.

Thanks for every ones support.

Dan

#252 3 years ago

Back to the lighted speaker panels. If a person bought two would he save on shipping over buying two separate ones and having shipped to two different addresses? Since I live close to MustangPaul maybe we could combine two orders into one?

#253 3 years ago

Hey Bob that's a great idea maybe I could get a group buy like I just did with the PDI glass, which I just got last week. It's always cheaper to ship to one place. I'll just pay for both and you can come over to pay me when you pick yours up. Which one do you want? I want the Getaway. You could pick up one or two kits of my Leg Light-Ups while your here.

#254 3 years ago

I want one for my Getaway too.

#255 3 years ago

I want the deluxe one with the lighted speakers and two remotes.

#256 3 years ago

When's website coming?
I'm going to go broke with this stuff.

#257 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

When's website coming?
I'm going to go broke with this stuff.

We have had some versions of these speaker panels in our machines for over 8 months. We have just sent out a few to testers, want to make sure the product is 100% before we ship anything. Still waiting on parts for the tool to cut the metal speaker grills.

On the plasma lights, we expect to get some of the materials we need in 2 days. Once we get that, we will get all 8 colors made and put on display. Hope to have the new design in 8 colors pictured in a week. We have materials on order and slowly coming in to make hundreds. These have been tested in our machines for about 3 months.

I will post our lighted instruction panels in a few days.

The website is falling behind, which is stupid of me, because we have nearly 100 other playfield modes that are done. I will start selling items on here before I open the website.

We just got Ghostbusters. The proton pack we had is a bit to big, so we are changing that. We have about 10 ghostbusters mods being worked on.

Had some personal changes. Those are what delay me the most, because it pulls me away to work on training.

Everything is very close. Again, don't worry, we are not going anyplace, we plan on making a major impact when we open.

Dan

#258 3 years ago
Quoted from Bob86ZZ4:

I want the deluxe one with the lighted speakers and two remotes.

Another local Pinsider wants one too so that make 3 of us in on a group buy. Anyone else local want to get in on a deluxe Getaway panel or any other panel for that matter?

#259 3 years ago

Dan. Looking forward to all your great mods. My list is getting long. Thank you for the update and dedication to our sport.

#260 3 years ago

Uh, Oh! Now I want deluxe lighted speaker panels for TZ and ToM (and masked speaker plastics for both games whenever you offer those) plus lighted instruction card panels for several B/W games and numerous plasma bumper caps in various colors. Ideally I could order them all at once and save on combined shipping for the whole lot. Please put me on a list so I am notified when orders can be placed.

#261 3 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Please put me on a list so I am notified when orders can be placed.

There won't be a list, he'll tell us here when the web site is up for ordering.

#262 3 years ago

At this rate, let's hope we don't all hit his site and crash it....these are going to be crazy popular. I'll be in for a few of both for sure. Nice products!

#263 3 years ago

I'm thinking that he would LOVE that very thing to happen.

#264 3 years ago

No, won't cost me any. I think it's ugly as heck.

#266 3 years ago

That's one of the great things about this country. You can put one of these on your machine, or you can decide not to.

I hope somebody will post here when the ordering web site is up.

#267 3 years ago

I will post on here when we are ready to sell. The last few days we have been working on getting the plasma pop bumpers colors matched up as good as possible, If you are on the fence on these pop bumpers, I think you will love the final selection. Matching up the colors is a time consuming task, it takes 2 days to go through the entire process with one color.

When we are done we will have 9 different colored pop bumpers:

1. Red
2. Light Blue
3. Dark Blue
4. Green
5. Rainbow
6. Orange
7. White
8. Purple
9. Yellow

All coloring has been done on the pop bumpers, now just working on the collars (the part under the pop bumper). We have 7 of the colors done, just getting the last 2 colors worked out. Remember these will fit on Stern, Bally/Williams, Data East and Sega.

We have been able to colorize the top, so not only will the plasma be the color, but the entire bumper will be that color. Below is an example of orange. I took the picture from directly on top so you cannot see the contours, but these still have the traditional pop bumper contours and slope. Hope in 2 days to have side view of all 9 complete and videos.

orange pop bumper (resized).jpg

#268 3 years ago

That will look cool on a T2. Like in the movie when they came to earth in a storm of light.
So do they stay on all the time?

#269 3 years ago

Do the plasma pop bumpers have white LEDs on the underside to illuminate the playfield?

#270 3 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

I will post on here when we are ready to sell. The last few days we have been working on getting the plasma pop bumpers colors matched up as good as possible, If you are on the fence on these pop bumpers, I think you will love the final selection. Matching up the colors is a time consuming task, it takes 2 days to go through the entire process with one color.
When we are done we will have 9 different colored pop bumpers:
1. Red
2. Light Blue
3. Dark Blue
4. Green
5. Rainbow
6. Orange
7. White
8. Purple
9. Yellow
All coloring has been done on the pop bumpers, now just working on the collars (the part under the pop bumper). We have 7 of the colors done, just getting the last 2 colors worked out. Remember these will fit on Stern, Bally/Williams, Data East and Sega.
We have been able to colorize the top, so not only will the plasma be the color, but the entire bumper will be that color. Below is an example of orange. I took the picture from directly on top so you cannot see the contours, but these still have the traditional pop bumper contours and slope. Hope in 2 days to have side view of all 9 complete and videos.
» YouTube video

Super cool Dan.

#271 3 years ago
Quoted from Toucanf16:

Do the plasma pop bumpers have white LEDs on the underside to illuminate the playfield?

The collars under the plasma do have LED's to give them a glowing effect. They will produce some light on the playfield, not a huge amount, but it is noticeable. The color of the LED's are the color of the collar, which is the color of the plasma.

On the rainbow and white plasma's I am thinking of offering any color collar we have. Once we assemble them, you will not be able to change the color on the collar.

#272 3 years ago

I would think most people would just want soft white illumination on the collar.

#275 3 years ago

Cobra - I thought the exact same thing. Too cool.

#276 3 years ago

We will also have a complete line of EL Wire kits. All plug and play, 1 kit will work on nearly all solid state and DMD games. We will have a full selection of colors. The main upgrade that we offer is EL Chase, which is the blue moving lights pictured and videoed on The Addams Family. Another option is sound activated, you can see on the Terminator 2 video.

Our kits will come with everything ready to install, no soldering, no power problems, no interference. As a matter of fact, if you have our kit on a Bally game, and you want to pull it out and later install on a Stern, no problem, same exact kit.

Yes of course these will turn on and off as you turn on and off your game. Also your setting on the chase has a memory, so when you turn on your game, those settings will stay the same.

We are about a month away of getting these kits completed.

Blue Chase:

Sound activated:

e3 (resized).jpg

e2 (resized).JPG

#278 3 years ago

Holy *#%&%!

The TAF one doesn't do it for me, but that T2 mod is *incredible*! It looks like it should have been on the game all along.

Could these kits be tied to an insert lamp, so they only go on for certain modes? I was thinking for something for TZ.

#279 3 years ago

Damn, damn, damn...
First lighted speaker panel.
Plasma pop caps.
El chase light.....
This thread is really starting to cost me money.
When will my Fish Tales speaker panel be ready? Really want it now, I'm about to add all my upgrades to FT, just missing this one.

#280 3 years ago

Looking at the bumper caps... how do they attach? I dont see any screw holes. Or is this because they are prototypes?

#281 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Looking at the bumper caps... how do they attach? I dont see any screw holes. Or is this because they are prototypes?

Good question. The production models will look exactly like that prototype.

We tried to give the look as clean as possible, while keeping traditional lines. The mounting system is what we call the collar and the standard pop bumper body. In the kit you will get a standard pop bumper body that mounts to the collar, and the collar is permanently connected to the plasma disk. Built into the collar is a rounded slot. That slot is circular and slides over the top of the pinball pop bumper body (exactly like how a pop bumper cap slides around a pop bumper body) . That gives no movement of the plasma disk from left to right, but it could still move up. In the collar we have 4 screw holes, each 90 degrees apart, 12 o'clock, 3 o'clock, 6 o'clock and 9 o'clock. When you slide the collar down on the body, it will only go on one way, then put in one lock screw, that will hold it in place, but we recommend putting 2 lock screws in. The lock screw works like a cotter pin on a trailer hitch, locks in the trailer hitch, but very little strain on the cotter pin.

The 4 screw holes are predrilled, and the kit will come with 4 set screws. Because the screw configuration on how the pop bumper is secured to the playfield can be in any direction, we wanted a system that you would not see any of the screws. With 4 holes, and using 2 screws, you can always secure the collar (and pop bumper) from the back side and never see a screw. Very clean.

Thanks for the question.

#282 3 years ago

Thanks for the detailed reply. These are so cool. They are going to be incredible on my T2.

#283 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Holy *#%&%!
The TAF one doesn't do it for me, but that T2 mod is *incredible*! It looks like it should have been on the game all along.
Could these kits be tied to an insert lamp, so they only go on for certain modes? I was thinking for something for TZ.

Thanks.

Short answer is yes. Long answer is yes but.....

You have come to the heart of many of our mods. Our lighted pinball speaker panels use a lot of power, and many games may not support that extra power. Some of our "lines" of mods, plasma pop bumpers, El Wire, glowing instruction cards all cause a lot of noise and interference to the electronics on the game. That is one of the main reasons that many of these were never made into wide spread mods.

We worked hard on getting around these problems. This is also a reason we are coming out with so much at one time. We did not want to let a bunch of our simple secrets out piece by piece. We wanted to do them all at once, so everyone would know they came from us.

The secret is simple, but as far as I can see has not been used widespread. We get our power from the service outlet in the game. If you have an import, the plug may have to be installed to use our mods. We then have a very small PCB that has a relay that is triggered from voltage on your game, which allows the relay to open, and you get power from the service outlet. Solves a lot of problems. No noise or interference, no power supply issues, can work in any game.

We are trying to keep it simple when we start and are pulling voltage from only one place on the game. With a resistor put in line, you could trigger our relay from any switch on the game. We won't support that at this time, because we have so much else going on.

So the answer is yes, but you will have to do a little on your own to have it do that.

So yes, you can have our EL wire kits, our plasma pop bumpers, nearly 10 foot under the cabinet and behind the cabinet LED kit or glowing instruction panels work off of a different switch on the game.

The video on the Terminator is with a sound activation system. If you want the EL wire to come on and off from another switch, you can do that with a standard EL wire kit that we will have.

I think we have 10 different colors on the standard EL wire, which all can work with sound activation. 4 colors with the EL wire chase. Each kit will come with 5 meters of wire, which should be more then enough from 1 game. We will also offer splitters and some other accessories.

Standard EL wire and be cut and split, no problem. Chase EL wire can not be split. If you want the lights going in the same direction as we have on Addams Family, you need to run it down one side of the ramp, go under the playfield, to near you originating spot, then came back up on to the playfield and run it down the other side of the ramp.

We have found the easiest way to mount EL Wire is either with a clear zip tie through an existing hole or use clear scotch tape. Don't use the invisible tape that has a frosted look on it, you will see that.

We are trying to get all of our stuff finalized at the same time. We feel once we open, we won't have and time for research and development for a long time so we are trying to get it done before we open.

Dan

#284 3 years ago

Most of this thread has been devoted to our 12 volt shop, and my play field group is not getting an attention, so I am posting this for them.

We will also have nearly 100 play field mods when we open, some are very basic, some are more complex. We just got our Ghostbusters game and we are focusing on that game, and should have about 10 Ghostbusters mods in a month.

Here is a mod that the play field group finished a few weeks ago, if anyone is interested, PM me, they are ready to ship.

The Walking Dead Governor’s Fish Tank mod:

The 3 heads are spring mounted, giving them a slight movement when playing. Comes with mounting bracket. The green light has a brightness control. Everything needed to install.

$145 plus $8 for priority S & H in US.

1114161612_resized (resized).jpg

1114161612a_resized (resized).jpg

1114161614_resized (resized).jpg

1114161614a_resized (resized).jpg

#285 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Damn, damn, damn...
First lighted speaker panel.
Plasma pop caps.
El chase light.....
This thread is really starting to cost me money.
When will my Fish Tales speaker panel be ready? Really want it now, I'm about to add all my upgrades to FT, just missing this one.

Eric, you do know we have a few FT mods also? People love the mosquito.

Dan

DSCN1132 (resized).JPG

DSCN1139 (resized).JPG

#286 3 years ago

The blue plasma bumpers would look amazing in whirlwind!

#287 3 years ago

*head asplode*

#289 3 years ago

Eric, you do know we have a few FT mods also? People love the mosquito

$old, I'll buy it.....!!!!!
$hould I just send you $1000 and deduct my account as you $hip?

#290 3 years ago

Updated plasma pop bumper cap, this is our new upgraded and final design in green. 50/50 chance we will have all 9 colors pictured tomorrow.

Both side and top pictures. You can see the standard pop bumper body on the side picture. You can see the standard pop bumper contour in both pictures. This does have a locking screw in the back. Ready to install.

Dan

updated plasma green side (resized).jpg

updated plasma green top (resized).jpg

#291 3 years ago

So are these full bumpers? I think these would look great on my TAF but would like to purchase colors from you that are different from the bumpers currently installed on my machine. Do they need to be mounted on anything that would expose the existing bumper colors?

#292 3 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

So are these full bumpers? I think these would look great on my TAF but would like to purchase colors from you that are different from the bumpers currently installed on my machine. Do they need to be mounted on anything that would expose the existing bumper colors?

These are standard size 3" pop bumpers. You will replace your pop bumper cap and body. You will get everything needed to install.

Installation is very easy.

1. Cut the power leads to your existing pop bumper light under the play field.
2. Remove existing pop bumper cap.
3. Remove old light.
4. Remove existing pop bumper body.
5. Install new pop bumper body. It is a modified standard pop bumper body.
6. Move plasma pop bumper near installation area, slide insulated wires through holes in pop bumper body that would normally have wires for your pop bumper light.
7. Place plasma pop bumper into place on modified standard pop bumper body.
8. Use at least one lock screw on back side of plasma pop bumper.

That is it on top of the play field.

It will take another 5 to 10 minutes under play field for power supply. NO SOLDERING. When you turn on your game, plasma pop bumper turns on.

On your question "Do they need to be mounted on anything that would expose the existing bumper colors?", I don't understand, but hope the above answered your question.

Thanks,
Dan

#293 3 years ago

These are standard size 3" pop bumpers. You will replace your pop bumper cap and body. You will get everything needed to install.
3. Remove old light.
6. Move plasma pop bumper near installation area, slide insulated wires through holes in pop bumper body that would normally have wires for your pop bumper light.
It will take another 5 to 10 minutes under play field for power supply. NO SOLDERING. When you turn on your game, plasma pop bumper turns on.
On your question "Do they need to be mounted on anything that would expose the existing bumper colors?", I don't understand, but hope the above answered your question.
Thanks,
Dan

I think he's talking about the wafer under the body.

#294 3 years ago

3. Remove old light.
Thanks,
Dan

Do they stay on/lit all the time? Or can they light only when the original game pop bumpers would light up (flash or blink)? I'm thinking of how they light up originally on the ACDC Prem pin.

#295 3 years ago

Updated plasma pop bumper cap, this is our new upgraded and final design in green. 50/50 chance we will have all 9 colors pictured tomorrow.
Both side and top pictures. You can see the standard pop bumper body on the side picture. You can see the standard pop bumper contour in both pictures. This does have a locking screw in the back. Ready to install.
» YouTube video
Dan

You do realize if you could find a way to create a lit shooter rod with this technology, the pinball mod world would be yours ( the pop caps put you very close as-is).....freakin stunning...a must have for certain machines ( how can a TAF not have these?!?!?)....

#296 3 years ago

These would be amazing if they came on only during the TAF multiball warmup when all the lightning and electricity sounds are blasting!

#297 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

These would be amazing if they came on only during the TAF multiball warmup when all the lightning and electricity sounds are blasting!

Yep.....lightning/ electricity is a major " trigger" element in the machine period. These would look amazing even triggered as is. Curious how they behave in " flash" mode as pops ( exactly as your post suggests)..the pops flash as its " warming up, so it can kill you"

#298 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yep.....lightning/ electricity is a major " trigger" element in the machine period. These would look amazing even triggered as is. Curious how they behave in " flash" mode as pops ( exactly as your post suggests)..the pops flash as its " warming up, so it can kill you"

I have a disc in my Met that is constant on or respond to sound and when in sound mode it hardly lights up so if being triggered by something else I wonder if it would light up better. The trigger happens so fast that I don't think the lightning effect has time to react fully, at least that's what happens with mine. Dan could answer this question better.

#299 3 years ago

Making a list and waiting for your website.

#300 3 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Making a list and waiting for your website.

Yeah, what he said.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wimberley, TX
There are 761 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 16.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside