(Topic ID: 167561)

WARNING!! This thread may cost you money. Comments please.

By Litedpinballmods

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

led controller 2 (resized).jpg
led controller (resized).jpg
0625172340_resized (resized).jpg
6FFA4842-E5E0-41D5-8522-13559A53EEC0 (resized).png
B18E4189-C198-43CB-904B-B6247DAF54C7 (resized).jpeg
EF1D8C5D-93E7-493A-A076-E38EFAFF877F (resized).jpeg
41345C25-5538-4984-A65D-B838A9C3F39F (resized).jpeg
F3981CB0-2A57-478A-A6F0-F249C27FEBF0 (resized).jpeg
899D7ED6-1424-49FF-8998-C42489D393DA (resized).jpeg
C208BAF0-68CA-4DC5-AF27-6327949EAC83 (resized).jpeg
20180722_180910 (resized).jpg
0625181410a_resized (resized).jpg
iron-maiden-hinge-cover-text-gif (resized).png
IMGA0722 (resized).JPG
IMGA0720 (resized).JPG
IMGA0719 (resized).JPG
There are 761 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 16.
#751 5 years ago

What brand of paint pen do you recommend?

#752 5 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

What brand of paint pen do you recommend?

I use these UNI pens - they have gloss and matte finish paint options, and you can use them on the cabinet for touch-ups as well.

http://www.pinrestore.com/PaintPens.html

#753 5 years ago

OK--but since you sent me the speaker panel art, how was it that your design was so OFF?

#754 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I use these UNI pens - they have gloss and matte finish paint options, and you can use them on the cabinet for touch-ups as well.

What kind of paint is it?

#755 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

What kind of paint is it?

Oops! I am sorry, there was supposed to be a link there. They are oil base, pretty hearty paint and don’t take super long to dry

http://www.pinrestore.com/PaintPens.html

1 week later
#756 5 years ago

Has anybody identified the actual el wire set used in these? I would like to buy some more sets as backup parts (controllers, etc) since I’ve not had great luck with quality on mine.

#757 5 years ago
Quoted from Clnilsen:

Has anybody identified the actual el wire set used in these? I would like to buy some more sets as backup parts (controllers, etc) since I’ve not had great luck with quality on mine.

No el wire, rgb led strips and they are inbeded in the panel material and can't be changed.

#758 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

No el wire, rgb led strips and they are inbeded in the panel material and can't be changed.

I understand, was just looking for replacement controllers (not embedded in the plastic).

That said, I’m pretty close to yanking this and selling it. It’s just not worth the pain of this.

#759 5 years ago
Quoted from Clnilsen:

I understand, was just looking for replacement controllers (not embedded in the plastic).
That said, I’m pretty close to yanking this and selling it. It’s just not worth the pain of this.

Which part are you having trouble with? There's not actually much to these

#760 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Which part are you having trouble with? There's not actually much to these

I’ve had cables break, or not stay together. Parts not fit together. When I did get it to work, the controller was really wonky and didn’t change colors as the controller indicates (something symptomatic to many cheap Chinese lighting components).

I certainly give them credit they tried to help me, but every time I got something together something else either broke or failed.

I just don’t have time to troubleshoot this anymore, and I think at this price point I shouldn’t have to. Compare the engineering of the ColorDmd to this is lightyears ahead of this.

#761 5 years ago
Quoted from Clnilsen:

For over a year we used LED controllers that were in the style of a strip. These have worked fine on many hundreds of boards. The LED controller that is in the strip configuration has the solders where the 4 pins plug in. Because of this design, it puts some stress on the solder points.

We now use an LED controller that has a white box. The solder connections are inside of the white box, instead of being near the 4 pin connector. This design is more durable. We have upgraded to this LED controller months ago, and I have explained this repeatably in this thread.

Because you got this board nearly a year ago, it has the old LED controls and power supply (which does work fine). Because it sounds like you are either having an issue with these or are concerned about having an issue with these, I will send you the new LED controllers and power supply.
led controller (resized).jpgled controller (resized).jpgled controller 2 (resized).jpgled controller 2 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Manteca, CA
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

There are 761 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warning-this-thread-may-cost-you-money-comments-please/page/16?hl=litedpinballmods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.