(Topic ID: 167561)

WARNING!! This thread may cost you money. Comments please.

By Litedpinballmods

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

led controller 2 (resized).jpg
led controller (resized).jpg
0625172340_resized (resized).jpg
6FFA4842-E5E0-41D5-8522-13559A53EEC0 (resized).png
B18E4189-C198-43CB-904B-B6247DAF54C7 (resized).jpeg
EF1D8C5D-93E7-493A-A076-E38EFAFF877F (resized).jpeg
41345C25-5538-4984-A65D-B838A9C3F39F (resized).jpeg
F3981CB0-2A57-478A-A6F0-F249C27FEBF0 (resized).jpeg
899D7ED6-1424-49FF-8998-C42489D393DA (resized).jpeg
C208BAF0-68CA-4DC5-AF27-6327949EAC83 (resized).jpeg
20180722_180910 (resized).jpg
0625181410a_resized (resized).jpg
iron-maiden-hinge-cover-text-gif (resized).png
IMGA0722 (resized).JPG
IMGA0720 (resized).JPG
IMGA0719 (resized).JPG
There are 761 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 16.
#651 6 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

I will get STTNG done this month.

I have already ordered and received a new STNG speaker plastic ... so I'm really kind of waiting to see what you've got coming.
I'll be on one of the Star_Trek Cruises... so don't be concerned if I go MIA for one of those weeks.

1 week later
#652 6 years ago

Ill be coming to Allentown this year from Toronto . If you have the Getaway available there ill buy it . Not paying the crazy prices to ship and Fleabay sucks! I refuse even go to that site anymore.

2 weeks later
#653 6 years ago

For those of you who have installed the lighted speaker panel, can someone please point me to or provide directions on installing the relay (where it connects) so that my panel lights/turns off with game power? FYI, I already know to plug power supply into service outlet. I just can't find directions on how/where to connect the relay to the game (I have a Williams Getaway HS2).

1 week later
#655 6 years ago

So here is what I ended up with on my Getaway. This is basic speaker panel where I used my existing plastic and cut out black backing where I wanted to expose the gauges. I also retrofitted my existing red speaker grill lights, and utilized the speedo speaker magnets. Pics are with and without the magnets.

before.jpgbefore.jpg

IMG_6149.jpgIMG_6149.jpg

IMG_6151.jpgIMG_6151.jpg

#656 6 years ago

Wondering if these will be for sale at Allentown this year ?

#657 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

On my Getaway I retrofitted my existing red speaker grill lights and utilized the speedo speaker magnets.

Should have speedometer on one speaker and tach on the other. Two speedos doesn't make sense.

#658 6 years ago

Got one of these, but was really hoping for a new Doctor Who Speaker Plastic - I didn't want to reuse mine. I don't know if they are planning on actually remaking them or not. I know they do not have any in stock.

#659 6 years ago
Quoted from Clnilsen:

Got one of these, but was really hoping for a new Doctor Who Speaker Plastic - I didn't want to reuse mine. I don't know if they are planning on actually remaking them or not. I know they do not have any in stock.

I believe DW was not remade due to licensing issues

4 months later
#660 5 years ago

I would caution others from ordering from these guys. Their contact is abysmal.

I ordered a panel a MONTH ago... and it's taken this long to try to send the still new in box unit back for a refund. Literally, the pinside mail thread is 21 days old trying to have a simple conversation.

#661 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I ordered a panel a MONTH ago... and it's taken this long to try to send the still new in box unit back for a refund. Literally, the pinside mail thread is 21 days old trying to have a simple conversation.

Maybe the topic title is their business policy

#662 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Try their Facebook -

www.facebook.com/lightedpinballmods

they are way more responsive. Also overwhelmed with orders. Not that that's an excuse!

#663 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Try their Facebook -
www.facebook.com/lightedpinballmods
they are way more responsive. Also overwhelmed with orders. Not that that's an excuse!

Agree. I was very frustrated with them last year for the same reason. I decided to be patient, realizing that they were overwhelmed, but had great products. I'm glad I did. They are quite responsive on FB or via email directly. I've been much happier with their communication in the last couple months, having ordered several things from them now.

#664 5 years ago

The 'we are busy..' excuse doesn't justify a week+ delay in responding to direct emails.

Nor that their website is still a train wreck... what... 6+months later..

#665 5 years ago

I ordered a Jackbot about a week ago and a few days later they said it was shipped. We'll see when it gets here.

#666 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I ordered a Jackbot about a week ago and a few days later they said it was shipped. We'll see when it gets here.

Getting the product was easy... the challenges are with communication and their advertising. For instance all the postings about TZ and shadow masks, etc in this thread... yet their actual ads don't say what games they sell panels for (or not).. yet they list them in their game specific ads.

#667 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Getting the product was easy... the challenges are with communication and their advertising. For instance all the postings about TZ and shadow masks, etc in this thread... yet their actual ads don't say what games they sell panels for (or not).. yet they list them in their game specific ads.

Dan told me they have a web developer who is working on the site. I've told him I'd help out for months, but I think they already had a guy in place. Anyway, it will happen soon! Sorry to hear the return situation is a pain

#668 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

This is what is frustrating me greatly. My wife got me the premium kit for my DW for Christmas, and didn't get the matching DW artwork speaker panel. When I followed up with them (after a long wait) I was told it doesn't exist. I need to use a razor blade and "make" a masked panel. Screw that. As far as I'm concerned, this is complete false advertising.

So this gift continues to sit in a box, probably never to be used.

#669 5 years ago
Quoted from Clnilsen:

This is what is frustrating me greatly. My wife got me the premium kit for my DW for Christmas, and didn't get the matching DW artwork speaker panel. When I followed up with them (after a long wait) I was told it doesn't exist. I need to use a razor blade and "make" a masked panel. Screw that. As far as I'm concerned, this is complete false advertising.

Exactly... they list the speaker plastic in all their ads... yet just say "(limited games)" - because they use the same text everywhere. Plus they set the expectation here they were getting these made... yet, it seems like that was either given up on, or EXTREMELY limited.. yet no one knows.

If you've read this thread when it started.. then went and bought from an ad... its hard to tell wth you are getting (or not). The details are there if you are armed with hindsight... but they are confusing if you are just reading like most ads.

#670 5 years ago
Quoted from Clnilsen:

Rather than let it sit unused in a box, sell it to me! I'll give you $75 for it.

#671 5 years ago

None of their speaker panels come with the actual game-specific artwork, AFAIK. You need to either remove the black backing from yours with a razor blade or buy replacement artwork. I just went with new plastic since my TAF was a little scratched anyway.

#672 5 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

None of their speaker panels come with the actual game-specific artwork, AFAIK. You need to either remove the black backing from yours with a razor blade or buy replacement artwork. I just went with new plastic since my TAF was a little scratched anyway.

They actually *do* have masked versions of some games... but it looks like it's only the unlicensed theme ones.

I'd do exactly what you are saying - starting with a new panel - and that was my recovery plan but new DW speaker panels are unobtanium here in the US, which leads me down the rabbit hole of complaining about shipping from PinballCenter.de which I also refuse to deal with.

#673 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Exactly... they list the speaker plastic in all their ads... yet just say "(limited games)" - because they use the same text everywhere. Plus they set the expectation here they were getting these made... yet, it seems like that was either given up on, or EXTREMELY limited.. yet no one knows.
If you've read this thread when it started.. then went and bought from an ad... its hard to tell wth you are getting (or not). The details are there if you are armed with hindsight... but they are confusing if you are just reading like most ads.

I’ve done 5 of them, and the first one took 4 hours. The last one took 45 minutes. And to be clear, the only panels they have are the unlicensed ones. The process is pretty clear as far as what you have to do - I will send you the full instructions

Do not do not DO NOT use a metal razor blade. The kit comes with a plastic one. If you use that, there is no risk in wrecking your panel. You do have to go slow until you get the hang of it. Do not use a regular blade.

#674 5 years ago

Got my Jackbot panel today, that was fast shipping. Thank god my speaker panel plastic is in nice shape cuz they don't make one for this came. Instructions were clear but a couple of pictures intruded over the text but no biggie. I'm not going to use the relay cuz because I have an 8 way power splitter board in the game already powering my Leg Lights and Pincup Light Up. I have a power strip with an on/off switch on it in the coin box area plugged into the service outlet that powers the wall wart plugged into the 8 way splitter. I'll just plug the supplied power supply into that strip, open the coin door and turn everything on with a flick of a switch. Their web site looks complete now.

#675 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I’ve done 5 of them, and the first one took 4 hours. The last one took 45 minutes. And to be clear, the only panels they have are the unlicensed ones. The process is pretty clear as far as what you have to do - I will send you the full instructions
Do not do not DO NOT use a metal razor blade. The kit comes with a plastic one. If you use that, there is no risk in wrecking your panel. You do have to go slow until you get the hang of it. Do not use a regular blade.

Don't worry, I'm not using it .. I'm sending it back.

The only reason I ordered this thing in the first place was to replace my speaker panel plastic... which... they don't make.

#676 5 years ago

I bought mine at Pinfest 2 years ago, I got the deluxe kit and they had the speaker panel for the Getaway on hand. I'm not one to mess around with original materials just in case I want to put it all back to original condition so I have the other panel stored for that time. Initially I didn't like the whites on the deluxe version so they sent me the standard version and let me keep the deluxe one because they said they had some production issues on the early runs. Personally I had no problems with them but over time it seems they have strayed away from Pinside and now they sell their products elsewhere. I get the feeling they don't check in here for PMs, post and the like... I'm happy with how they handled my situation and I really like the looks of my game but I don't think I would buy from them again at this point unless they can improve their customer service.

#677 5 years ago

I got one for my JD love the way it looks. It needed quite a bit of work to make it look good and fit better. I had to make new brackets for the top that are supposed to grab the wood rails in the head, one of them didn't even hold anything as delivered and they were cut by hand with tin snips and bent with pliers, very crude. I had to do some sanding and repainting in the display opening. The paint was thin and the light shown thru and the surface had a bunch of lumps etc on it and didn't fit the opening in the overlay well at all. Also had to do some painting around the speaker openings to block the light. I spent quite a bit of time sanding test fitting sanding some more etc to get it to look good. I probably wound't buy another with all the problems and how much they cost. Mike

#678 5 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

they have strayed away from Pinside and now they sell their products elsewhere

They have them for sale in the Market Place.

#679 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I sorry if somehow something was not communicated in the email, if you want a refund all you have to do is send it back, that simple.

Dan

#680 5 years ago
Quoted from Clnilsen:

They actually *do* have masked versions of some games... but it looks like it's only the unlicensed theme ones.
I'd do exactly what you are saying - starting with a new panel - and that was my recovery plan but new DW speaker panels are unobtanium here in the US, which leads me down the rabbit hole of complaining about shipping from PinballCenter.de which I also refuse to deal with.

We have panels for a few games, The Getaway, The Addams Family, Fish Tales, Star Trek The Next Generation and Indiana Jones. All of those are licensed with a fee paid to Rick. We have paid for and are waiting for panels for Creature From the Black Lagoon. Because it has been so difficult to get plastics made, we are not planning on having that done in the future, even through their are a few titles that are crying for new plastics, such as Dr, Who. In talking with Rick, Twilight Zone will never be made because the title is in the panel, and the licensing agreement for that has expired, and it is not worth all of the licensing issues to try to make new ones.

If you look at some of HEP's threads, he has had good luck polishing old ones if they are not severely damaged.

#681 5 years ago

I sorry if somehow something was not communicated in the email, if you want a refund all you have to do is send it back, that simple.
Dan

If you are radio silent, why would someone just send you something in hopes you then started communicating again?

#682 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

If you are radio silent, why would someone just send you something in hopes you then started communicating again?

You could always send it with Signature Required. But usually companies require a RMA number before they accept a return.

#683 5 years ago
Quoted from psd4me:

I got one for my JD love the way it looks. It needed quite a bit of work to make it look good and fit better. I had to make new brackets for the top that are supposed to grab the wood rails in the head, one of them didn't even hold anything as delivered and they were cut by hand with tin snips and bent with pliers, very crude. I had to do some sanding and repainting in the display opening. The paint was thin and the light shown thru and the surface had a bunch of lumps etc on it and didn't fit the opening in the overlay well at all. Also had to do some painting around the speaker openings to block the light. I spent quite a bit of time sanding test fitting sanding some more etc to get it to look good. I probably wound't buy another with all the problems and how much they cost. Mike

We are in the process of upgrading 6 components of the panel. We upgrading the power supply, the U channel fit and the LED controllers. We have 3 other upgrades that we are working on, and the bracket system is one of them. we have some nice factory made stainless steel brackets here, and we are in the process of upgrading those, but that will be over some time.

We are always looking to upgrade the product, one of the challenges is the speaker plastics were made from different manufacturers and the measurements can be up 1/8" variance. On the original panels the metal speaker grill is large so if the speaker holes are off a little, that is not a problem. We have to make the speaker metal speaker grills as small as possible or you will get a shadow through the plastic. On the panels their is a small area amount of area that they can be moved to adjust for movement on the panel.

Because the panels are made with a resin system, small bubbles can be an issue, which also make the painting process difficult. If you look at the thread with BSD upgraded coffin, you will see he has the same issue, but long term changes are coming.

We have been working on lighted speaker panels for the Stern games, but those games have their own set of challenges, one of the biggest issues with the Stern panels were small (about 1/64") bubbles, and because those are more visible on Stern's it was a major issue. We think we have resolved that problem and are moving forward on the Stern boards, and have a very rough prototype now, but hope to have a perfect one in 3 months. If the system works on the Stern, we will then use the new system on the more popular Bally/Williams titles.

Another issue with Sterns was the artwork, we feel we have that issue close to being worked out.

Many products that get released go through many revisions. When I was talking to Jeff at the Atlanta show, he was telling me about some issue that their were when ColorDMD's were released, of course they have grown past those issues.

#684 5 years ago

It looks like PM's were sent back and forth. We don't have any issues doing a refund, and it looks like those simple words were not put in a PM for some reason.

#685 5 years ago

To make a long story short. flynnibus thought when he purchased the lighted panel he thought a new Twilight Zone speaker plastic came with the panel, which it does not. We have a couple of statements in the listing that we felt made it clear that it does not come with the plastic, flynnbus felt it was not clear. We have not had an issue that someone felt they were getting a speaker plastic in the past, but on flynnbus's suggestion we will be updating the listings to make it clearer, it is on our to do list to make those changes.

I will be the first to admit that our communication is not as good as I would like, the person that answers our emails works 3 days a week, so their can be a delay on replies. Also if she has a question to me or another person, that can cause a delay. Their are many parts to running a business, and I wish I could have every PM replied within hours, everything shipped with in hours and so on. I will say this, and this is a strong statement, we do work hard on customer service. apposed to delays in communication, I don't think we have a unsatisfied customer, and we have done hundreds of sales on Pinside alone.

Dan

#686 5 years ago

Little Shop of Games is the closest Stern Dealer to me, and when I was at his shop 6 months ago, I saw a Twilight Zone plastic in stock. I just checked his website and it shows he has it in stock:

https://littleshopofgames.com/product/twilight-zone-speaker-panel-31-1420-50020/

I don't shop around for Twilight Zone plastics, so I don't know if this is a good price or not, he has it list at $145.00 which is $14.99 less then what we sell out basic lighted speaker panel for, which is the product in question.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1032-lighted-pinball-mods/01043-twilight-zone-tz-lighted-speaker-panel-basic

#687 5 years ago
Quoted from Clnilsen:

PM sent

#688 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The 'we are busy..' excuse doesn't justify a week+ delay in responding to direct emails.
Nor that their website is still a train wreck... what... 6+months later..

Yes, I will be the first to say the website is not good, as a matter of fact I have told people that. I just hired a full time programmer to do the web site and much more (not emails), he started Monday of this week. The website is going to be shut down for 2 days in a few days to upgrade the entire base structure. The foundation of the website was bad, and anything done to it was like putting a band aid on an issue.

We have a lot of good stuff coming on the website. If you check it in 2 weeks, you will see major upgrades. We are also putting in a system that you can custom order lighted magnetic hinge covers that you choose the color, the font, your words for your game. That is an involved program that we hope to have in place in 3 months. Once that is in place and running properly you are going to do the same system for aprons which will probably take 3 or so more months.

Our main goals for the rest of this year:

1. Better communication
2. Very nice website
3. Stern lighted speaker panels
4. Upgrades to Bally/Williams speaker panels
5. Custom ordering of lighted magnetic hinge covers
6. Custom ordering of lighted aprons

We also have some nice items that we are hoping to get out in the next year. We have learned a lot in the past 2 years, and have things in place to addressing all of the above.

#689 5 years ago

During this time flynnibus sent us 6 PM's and we sent him 5 PM's, I would not classify that as "radio silent". flynnibus never sent us more then 2 PM's in a row without getting a PM replied.

#690 5 years ago

Little Shop of Games is the closest Stern Dealer to me, and when I was at his shop 6 months ago, I saw a Twilight Zone plastic in stock. I just checked his website and it shows he has it in stock:
https://littleshopofgames.com/product/twilight-zone-speaker-panel-31-1420-50020/
I don't shop around for Twilight Zone plastics, so I don't know if this is a good price or not, he has it list at $145.00 which is $14.99 less then what we sell out basic lighted speaker panel for, which is the product in question.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1032-lighted-pinball-mods/01043-twilight-zone-tz-lighted-speaker-panel-basic

Hey Dan, I checked out Little Shop of Games and they had a Jackbot speaker plastic so I bought it. I never thought of looking there so thanks. Only $90 + $11 to ship.

#691 5 years ago

Cool, In glad I could help. Sounds like a good price. $145 for TZ may be a bit steep, but I bet their are not many around.

We still get people that see our show pictures, and want you leg lights, and I send them your way.

Thanks for all your support.
Dan

#692 5 years ago

Cool, In glad I could help. Sounds like a good price. $145 for TZ may be a bit steep, but I bet their are not many around.
We still get people that see our show pictures, and want you leg lights, and I send them your way.
Thanks for all your support.
Dan

Yeah that was a good price, now I can leave my original alone and not have to mess with it. Yeah $145 is steep but if it's the only game in town what ya gonna do, but at least he would have a new one that would last 30 years.

Thanks I appreciate that Dan. I hope that sometime you will come out with a way cool one for my Avatar LE. Something like this.

avatar picture (resized).jpgavatar picture (resized).jpg
#693 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Don't worry, I'm not using it .. I'm sending it back.
The only reason I ordered this thing in the first place was to replace my speaker panel plastic... which... they don't make.

Gotcha... yeah that is a bummer

#694 5 years ago

To make a long story short. flynnibus thought when he purchased the lighted panel he thought a new Twilight Zone speaker plastic came with the panel, which it does not. We have a couple of statements in the listing that we felt made it clear that it does not come with the plastic, flynnbus felt it was not clear. We have not had an issue that someone felt they were getting a speaker plastic in the past, but on flynnbus's suggestion we will be updating the listings to make it clearer, it is on our to do list to make those changes.
I will be the first to admit that our communication is not as good as I would like, the person that answers our emails works 3 days a week, so their can be a delay on replies. Also if she has a question to me or another person, that can cause a delay. Their are many parts to running a business, and I wish I could have every PM replied within hours, everything shipped with in hours and so on. I will say this, and this is a strong statement, we do work hard on customer service. apposed to delays in communication, I don't think we have a unsatisfied customer, and we have done hundreds of sales on Pinside alone.
Dan

For the record and follow-up... Dan/etc and I have closed the loop I hope. I opened a dispute in paypal to contact them there as well (mainly to ensure there were no time expiration issues with any buyer protection). From there, we've had reliable communication where the company offered the refund with the shipping information. Today I put the unit back in the mail to them. So we got there eventually... but it took 22 days.

For feedback, you guys clearly put a lot of effort into your presence at shows, but your online presence still leaves a lot to be desired. I would also suggest you might want to go back to one of the early posts in this thread and edit it with an update to reflect your current state of products and ambitions. This is a very long thread that wanders through all the progressions you've had with the concept and product. Maybe even just start a new one with your actual shipping stuff vs all the prototyping you've done in the past. That plus making your product descriptions specific to the game in terms of what is offered would go a long way to helping make things more clear.

Best of luck.

Edit: also good to hear the website will be getting the attention needed. Looking forward to seeing the progress.

#695 5 years ago

Updates on some recent discussions. Some upgrades can be implemented immediately, some upgrades require other changes and have to be implemented over time:

1. Power supply. Our original power supply was a 2 amp wall wart. 2 amps were very closely matched to the board. We found that when we received 2 amp power supplies from suppers, some were 2 amp, some were a little less. This was never an issue on our universal board (works in 18 games), but our T2 board uses 10% more lights. When you matched up a board that uses more lights with a weaker power supply, we had a couple issues, very rare, but upgraded those power supplies for those customers. Because of this we upgraded the 2 amp power supply to a 3 amp laptop computer style power supply. Also a wall wart can be tight in fitting in some service outlets, a laptop computer supply has more flexibility because of the cord. Their were also a few other advantages. This power supply upgrade has been implemented.

2. LED controllers. Our original LED controls were also matched at 2 amps. These were never an issue, because the T2 board that uses the most power, part of the 2 amp went to the speaker lights, part went to the board. But because we are upgrading the power supply to 3 amps, we needed to upgrade our LED controllers, these new controllers are rated at 6 amps. This upgrade has been implemented.

3. Plastic speaker panels were made by many different suppliers and the thickness of the plexiglass can vary. It was a possibility that if you had the thickest of plexiglass speaker panels, it could be a real challenge to fit in your existing U channel. When you add the thickness of a color LED strip, plus the thickness of the plexiglass speaker cover and adding a couple hundred inches for the panel, it only left about 1/100th of an inch of variance, very tight. The solution to this is we now include a plastic U channel that is 3/100's of an inch thicker then the original. As an added benefit, this panel matches the game better then the original. The original U channel in your game is a gloss black. The H channel between the speaker panel and the translight is a matte finish black. The U channel and the H channel in your game do not match. This U channel is a perfect match to your H channel. This upgrade has been implemented.

4. Bracket. As was mentioned above, the bracket was hand bent, hand made aluminum. This was an area that we wanted to upgrade. In upgrading the bracket, we found other items that were involved with upgrading the bracket. Because of this it will take month to implement the new bracket into the design. We do have the new stainless steel brackets in out shop, and we are moving the direction to upgrade those.

5. The relay we felt was always a week link to the mod, it work fine, it just had more wires then we would have like. We have designed a new relay that is much cleaner and much easier to install. It is a universal relay that is triggered by light and does not hook up to the game. We have used this relay with great success with our lighted magnetic hinge covers. This video is an example of the function of the new relay:

This relay did not work quite as well with the lighted speaker panels as I would have liked, and we are making another revision to the relay. Hope to have that upgrade with in 3 months.

Other upgrades that we are slowly implementing will be a bubble free mold which will help with the paining and will provide a few other upgrades. Our speaker light inserts are not as bright as a Stern after market lighted speaker insert, we are experimenting on a different way of doing these which will also have some added benefits.

you will not make everyone happy with a listing of a product. If it is a short description, people complain that not enough information is given. If you do a long description, people won't read the entire description and will complain that it is misleading. If you have not enough pictures, people complain about that, to many pictures, people complain about that. Per flynnibus suggestion we will include what we call a naked picture which is just the panel. I agree we should have done that to start with, but people do make mistakes. The below picture is a picture of a Dr. Who panel that is turned on set to white, and above it is an original panel to a Dr. Who.

Here is a quote from the listing, and you will see it does mention you use your existing speaker plastic. The last sentence in the paragraph states "The most time-consuming part of the installation is taking the film off of your original plastic speaker panel, however, we give you the tools and instructions to do that" I think this was even referenced in one of the above comments. Also the manual that is linked from our website goes into the description of how to remove the black masking and that tools are included to do that.

"The lighted speaker panel is designed to replace the wood panel in your game that the DMD and speakers mount to. Installation is easy, just transfer your current DMD, speakers and speaker plastic to the new panel and drop in place. There are 2 wires that connect to your game to tell the panel to turn on and off when you turn on and off your game. We have designed the panels so these will not power from you game, so no power worries. The power comes from your service outlet in the game, but as we stated, still turns on and off with your game. This comes with everything needed to install in your game. The most time-consuming part of the installation is taking the film off of your original plastic speaker panel, however, we give you the tools and instructions to do that."

The above is in all listing and has always been in all listings.

If you have an existing speaker plastic that you want to improve on, for our private collection we have used a page from HEP's play book and use a cheap polisher from Walmart, with Novus 2 and Novus 1. These pictures are just an example, and this has mot been polished as good as it could.

Concerns about the website. If you go to our website, you will see many upgraded. We have removed some product categories we won't be doing at this time. We have improved the listing areas that we are working on. We are adding more before and after pictures and adding more videos. the biggest improvements have been in the Lighted Magnetic Speaker Panels. They are display much better the customer has the option to order in their own choice of EL Panel colors for an additional $10 more. Many, many, many more upgrades and changes coming to the the website in the next months, and I expect upgraded to be done every day.

I hope I have addressed all of the concerns that were addressed in the last 40 posts, if I have not, bring it up again, and I will address.

We have worked very hard to not copy other peoples work. When you look at our items you CANNOT say other companies do that. We have worked very hard to make original mods. Because we are the first at doing products in many areas that have never been done before, I am sorry they may not be quite as polished as products that have been around for many years, but we are making many upgrades and improvements to our lines. You know the saying, pioneers get shot, and we have pioneered many new ideas.

We still don't have plasma's listed on out site, because we can not keep up with demand. When we get them on the website, their will be a few week delay on shipping which will be put on the listing, and they may go to zero inventory from time to time.

One product that we have hit a home run on is the Lighted Magnetic Speaker Panels. We did an excellent job on this product before release, all factory connections, hooks up to EVERY game with a service outlet, 5 minute install, nothing has ever been done like these before, addressing an area of the game that has never been addressed and do have a in depth video online about the electronics. We are working on import installations at this time, also different color vinyls.

0615171635b_resized (resized).jpg0615171635b_resized (resized).jpg0617181532_resized (resized).jpg0617181532_resized (resized).jpg0713181549_resized (resized).jpg0713181549_resized (resized).jpg0713181630_resized (resized).jpg0713181630_resized (resized).jpg0713181631b_resized (resized).jpg0713181631b_resized (resized).jpg0713181756_resized (resized).jpg0713181756_resized (resized).jpg0713181756a_resized (resized).jpg0713181756a_resized (resized).jpg0713181802_resized (resized).jpg0713181802_resized (resized).jpg
#696 5 years ago

Couple pictures of our Lighted Magnetic Hinge Covers.

Hope to have Houdini and some Data East titles available next week.

0615181626_resized (resized).jpg0615181626_resized (resized).jpg0615181657a_resized (resized).jpg0615181657a_resized (resized).jpg0616181719_resized (resized).jpg0616181719_resized (resized).jpg0620181337a_resized (resized).jpg0620181337a_resized (resized).jpg0620181400a_resized (resized).jpg0620181400a_resized (resized).jpg0620181658a_resized (resized).jpg0620181658a_resized (resized).jpg0620181705_resized (resized).jpg0620181705_resized (resized).jpg1 colors (resized).jpeg1 colors (resized).jpeg
#697 5 years ago

Updates on some recent discussions. Some upgrades can be implemented immediately, some upgrades require other changes and have to be implemented over time:
1. Power supply. Our original power supply was a 2 amp wall wart. 2 amps were very closely matched to the board. We found that when we received 2 amp power supplies from suppers, some were 2 amp, some were a little less. This was never an issue on our universal board (works in 18 games), but our T2 board uses 10% more lights. When you matched up a board that uses more lights with a weaker power supply, we had a couple issues, very rare, but upgraded those power supplies for those customers. Because of this we upgraded the 2 amp power supply to a 3 amp laptop computer style power supply. Also a wall wart can be tight in fitting in some service outlets, a laptop computer supply has more flexibility because of the cord. Their were also a few other advantages. This power supply upgrade has been implemented.
2. LED controllers. Our original LED controls were also matched at 2 amps. These were never an issue, because the T2 board that uses the most power, part of the 2 amp went to the speaker lights, part went to the board. But because we are upgrading the power supply to 3 amps, we needed to upgrade our LED controllers, these new controllers are rated at 6 amps. This upgrade has been implemented.
3. Plastic speaker panels were made by many different suppliers and the thickness of the plexiglass can vary. It was a possibility that if you had the thickest of plexiglass speaker panels, it could be a real challenge to fit in your existing U channel. When you add the thickness of a color LED strip, plus the thickness of the plexiglass speaker cover and adding a couple hundred inches for the panel, it only left about 1/100th of an inch of variance, very tight. The solution to this is we now include a plastic U channel that is 3/100's of an inch thicker then the original. As an added benefit, this panel matches the game better then the original. The original U channel in your game is a gloss black. The H channel between the speaker panel and the translight is a matte finish black. The U channel and the H channel in your game do not match. This U channel is a perfect match to your H channel. This upgrade has been implemented.
4. Bracket. As was mentioned above, the bracket was hand bent, hand made aluminum. This was an area that we wanted to upgrade. In upgrading the bracket, we found other items that were involved with upgrading the bracket. Because of this it will take month to implement the new bracket into the design. We do have the new stainless steel brackets in out shop, and we are moving the direction to upgrade those.
5. The relay we felt was always a week link to the mod, it work fine, it just had more wires then we would have like. We have designed a new relay that is much cleaner and much easier to install. It is a universal relay that is triggered by light and does not hook up to the game. We have used this relay with great success with our lighted magnetic hinge covers. This video is an example of the function of the new relay:

This relay did not work quite as well with the lighted speaker panels as I would have liked, and we are making another revision to the relay. Hope to have that upgrade with in 3 months.
Other upgrades that we are slowly implementing will be a bubble free mold which will help with the paining and will provide a few other upgrades. Our speaker light inserts are not as bright as a Stern after market lighted speaker insert, we are experimenting on a different way of doing these which will also have some added benefits.
you will not make everyone happy with a listing of a product. If it is a short description, people complain that not enough information is given. If you do a long description, people won't read the entire description and will complain that it is misleading. If you have not enough pictures, people complain about that, to many pictures, people complain about that. Per flynnibus suggestion we will include what we call a naked picture which is just the panel. I agree we should have done that to start with, but people do make mistakes. The below picture is a picture of a Dr. Who panel that is turned on set to white, and above it is an original panel to a Dr. Who.
Here is a quote from the listing, and you will see it does mention you use your existing speaker plastic. The last sentence in the paragraph states "The most time-consuming part of the installation is taking the film off of your original plastic speaker panel, however, we give you the tools and instructions to do that" I think this was even referenced in one of the above comments. Also the manual that is linked from our website goes into the description of how to remove the black masking and that tools are included to do that.
"The lighted speaker panel is designed to replace the wood panel in your game that the DMD and speakers mount to. Installation is easy, just transfer your current DMD, speakers and speaker plastic to the new panel and drop in place. There are 2 wires that connect to your game to tell the panel to turn on and off when you turn on and off your game. We have designed the panels so these will not power from you game, so no power worries. The power comes from your service outlet in the game, but as we stated, still turns on and off with your game. This comes with everything needed to install in your game. The most time-consuming part of the installation is taking the film off of your original plastic speaker panel, however, we give you the tools and instructions to do that."
The above is in all listing and has always been in all listings.
If you have an existing speaker plastic that you want to improve on, for our private collection we have used a page from HEP's play book and use a cheap polisher from Walmart, with Novus 2 and Novus 1. These pictures are just an example, and this has mot been polished as good as it could.
Concerns about the website. If you go to our website, you will see many upgraded. We have removed some product categories we won't be doing at this time. We have improved the listing areas that we are working on. We are adding more before and after pictures and adding more videos. the biggest improvements have been in the Lighted Magnetic Speaker Panels. They are display much better the customer has the option to order in their own choice of EL Panel colors for an additional $10 more. Many, many, many more upgrades and changes coming to the the website in the next months, and I expect upgraded to be done every day.
I hope I have addressed all of the concerns that were addressed in the last 40 posts, if I have not, bring it up again, and I will address.
We have worked very hard to not copy other peoples work. When you look at our items you CANNOT say other companies do that. We have worked very hard to make original mods. Because we are the first at doing products in many areas that have never been done before, I am sorry they may not be quite as polished as products that have been around for many years, but we are making many upgrades and improvements to our lines. You know the saying, pioneers get shot, and we have pioneered many new ideas.
We still don't have plasma's listed on out site, because we can not keep up with demand. When we get them on the website, their will be a few week delay on shipping which will be put on the listing, and they may go to zero inventory from time to time.
One product that we have hit a home run on is the Lighted Magnetic Speaker Panels. We did an excellent job on this product before release, all factory connections, hooks up to EVERY game with a service outlet, 5 minute install, nothing has ever been done like these before, addressing an area of the game that has never been addressed and do have a in depth video online about the electronics. We are working on import installations at this time, also different color vinyls.

Thanks Dan, good to hear from you so I hope you keep it up. When I put my Jackbot on I'll post pictures here and in the Jackbot club(they won't be very good though). LOL

#698 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Thanks Dan, good to hear from you so I hope you keep it up. When I put my Jackbot on I'll post pictures here and in the Jackbot club(they won't be very good though). LOL

Paul, you take great pictures, you have a great game room. I appreciate all of your support.

Dan

#699 5 years ago

Paul, you take great pictures, you have a great game room. I appreciate all of your support.
Dan

HA! A friend of mine took those pictures with his high end camera. Here's one of mine.

IMGA0987 (resized).JPGIMGA0987 (resized).JPG
#700 5 years ago

Hey Dan will a 2 amp power supply power the panel light and the speaker lights? I've already got a 2 amp and 1 amp power supply plugged into the service outlet, the game was a reimport. There is a sticker next to the fuse, it says 5 amp 230v and there's an 8 amp fuse in it and the sticker by the outlet says 1 amp 230v - 2 amp 120v.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
Valley, NEBRASKA
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
There are 761 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warning-this-thread-may-cost-you-money-comments-please/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.