(Topic ID: 167561)

WARNING!! This thread may cost you money. Comments please.

By Litedpinballmods

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

led controller 2 (resized).jpg
led controller (resized).jpg
0625172340_resized (resized).jpg
6FFA4842-E5E0-41D5-8522-13559A53EEC0 (resized).png
B18E4189-C198-43CB-904B-B6247DAF54C7 (resized).jpeg
EF1D8C5D-93E7-493A-A076-E38EFAFF877F (resized).jpeg
41345C25-5538-4984-A65D-B838A9C3F39F (resized).jpeg
F3981CB0-2A57-478A-A6F0-F249C27FEBF0 (resized).jpeg
899D7ED6-1424-49FF-8998-C42489D393DA (resized).jpeg
C208BAF0-68CA-4DC5-AF27-6327949EAC83 (resized).jpeg
20180722_180910 (resized).jpg
0625181410a_resized (resized).jpg
iron-maiden-hinge-cover-text-gif (resized).png
IMGA0722 (resized).JPG
IMGA0720 (resized).JPG
IMGA0719 (resized).JPG
There are 761 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 16.
#601 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

The DMD will lay on the foam, just like it does on the original board.

But the red lens is to big to fit between the foam and if I cut the foam so the red lens sits down against the wood the dmd will not lay on top of the foam. So I'll have to cut your foam for the red lens to drop down then put the cut piece on top of the red lens then put the dmd on. Correct?

Was this question ever answered Paul ?

#602 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Was this question ever answered Paul ?

Yeah. When I put the new masked speaker panel plastic on the top H channel (that holds the tl and glass on the game) wouldn't fit on the new speaker panel because about half the length of the panel was to thick, so I had to grind the panel down along that length so the H channel AND the speaker panel plastic would fit. I also had to grind off some on one side of the panel because the panel plastic was bowed out on one side, it sits pretty flat now but not perfect like the other side. I'm busy with other things now so that's as far as I've gotten with it. I hope my description makes sense.

#603 6 years ago

I think I know what you mean. Is this common with all of the installs or specific to yours?

#604 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I think I know what you mean. Is this common with all of the installs or specific to yours?

I had no issues with my install, I'm using the LCD ColorDMD

#605 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I've installed several of these panels, with color DMD LCD and with the LED panel. We had no issues with any of the games, as long as we used the right screws and standoffs. Hopefully Paul's issue was a one-off

#606 6 years ago

Good to hear you guys had no problems. Mine was one of the first shipped sooooo.

#607 6 years ago

I want to buy one but the fact that the OP (pinballlitedmods) has not responded at all to what i think is an issue with Pauls panel makes me think twice. Your selling a product that has potential issues! Be here to address them !!!

#608 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I want to buy one but the fact that the OP (pinballlitedmods) has not responded at all to what i think is an issue with Pauls panel makes me think twice. Your selling a product that has potential issues! Be here to address them !!!

Dan hasn't posted in almost 2 months, I wonder what's going on?

#609 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Dan hasn't posted in almost 2 months, I wonder what's going on?

Hes all over ebay with 100 products.
I emailed and got a note about a month ago.
Not sure why he doesnt come by more often to pimp his products. Took a ton of money and time to develop. The speaker panal plastic took forever to make going legit route and getting PPS approved.

#611 6 years ago

He's busy selling stuff - Dan promised to let Pinsiders have a first go at these products for a little while, before he got his website and Ebay store set up. I believe that time has passed, so he's off to the races!

2 weeks later
#612 6 years ago

Sorry, I don't go on the forums like I used to, got a lot of projects. Ashley answers emails Monday through Friday.

Quoted from Davi:

Hello Dan,
What is the schedule about Indiana Jones?
Can you prepare this speaker panel with Jackpot lights functions (Ark, Grail, Stone are linked to playfield jackpot lamps)?
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1267&picno=62209
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1267&picno=62210
http://www.pinballark.com/bilder/ijschema.jpg

Put those on the back burner as well as STTNG and system 11, probably be a few months.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Good to hear you guys had no problems. Mine was one of the first shipped sooooo.

Paul's was one of the first batches. Have put a procedure in place since them. Plus Rdoyle178 wrote in ineradicable manual.

Been selling the panels in a few venues, no issues.

Been working on the Plasma's. Haunted house and Iron man. Only issues on Plasma's were some simple pinning and connections. Everyone that sees them are amazed. Hope to list in the next month.

I had some concerns with our glowing instruction cards (EL Panel). We have done some upgrades to them, and I am very happy with the kit now. They install in 5 to 10 minutes, no tools, no soldering. Will be listing them starting next week, working on Stern first:

Should have website up soon, but will be just a skeleton, it will take months to populate.

I am really happy with the play field mods we are making now, here is a few early peaks at some of my favorites:

Have a TOM tiger that is nearly done, replaces plastic. It is all fitted just need to be hand painted. Have 6 or 7 TOM mods that should be ready in a couple of weeks which will include a lighted rabbit spinning in a hat.

White water water fall with raft, matches colors perfect when off, lights up blue when on.

Terminator 2 Hunter Killer with headlights, top and bottom blue engine glow, and working on tail lights. Size matches original in game.

Star destroyer with white lights. May be very, very limited. Will go for $99.99 PM me if interested.

Great Funhouse collection coming up. I feel this game is out best collection. Here is a taste, roll thru hot dog, light bulb out rails (does not light up) and 3D fingers that do light up. Will have a few more in the Funhouse collection.

Creature starlight sign. We are working on making the yellow brighter. Have a Creature that will fit many places under the glass.

Metallica spider. Had a lot of issues with this, and this is a prototype. Guitar to long, and paint bleed. It glows a nice red in person. Items with light source are hard to photograph.

All of these palyfield mods should be ready in 2 weeks. Some are being produced now and are ready for sale, just don't have listed yet.

Have a lot of stuff, it is slowly getting listed.

Also a new line of lighted shooter covers. Mirrored plexi with RGB remote. Hope to have these out in about 3 months. All of the R and D has been done, been play testing for a few months. Have them in about 10 games. Will start with the Stern games.

And yes, finally got a logo.

Trying to finish all of our projects before going onto new projects. Have a few more projects we are planning on doing.

Dan

haunted house, plasma (resized).jpghaunted house, plasma (resized).jpg

plasma pop bumpers iron man (resized).jpgplasma pop bumpers iron man (resized).jpg

0814170002 (resized).jpg0814170002 (resized).jpg

0814170021 (resized).jpg0814170021 (resized).jpg

0814172006c (resized).jpg0814172006c (resized).jpg

t2 hunter killer close up (resized).jpgt2 hunter killer close up (resized).jpg

star destroyer (resized).jpgstar destroyer (resized).jpg

funhouse hot dog (resized).jpgfunhouse hot dog (resized).jpg

funhouse out guards (resized).jpgfunhouse out guards (resized).jpg

funhouse pointing finger on (resized).jpgfunhouse pointing finger on (resized).jpg

funhouse pointing fingers (resized).jpgfunhouse pointing fingers (resized).jpg

lighted shooter covers (resized).jpglighted shooter covers (resized).jpg

Lighted Pinball Mods (resized).jpgLighted Pinball Mods (resized).jpg

creature mod sign (resized).jpegcreature mod sign (resized).jpeg

metallica spider (resized).jpgmetallica spider (resized).jpg

#613 6 years ago

A while ago saw a hornet for fish tales.
What came of that?

#614 6 years ago

Incredible stuff!!

3 weeks later
#615 6 years ago

Wow, just found this thread! AWESOME work, man! How do I order one for my TAF? Website didn't look ready.

#616 6 years ago

Same here... Would love to get some of these "over the pond" into the UK

#617 6 years ago

Dan has not posted to Pinside in a while, but I have had 2 of these installed for a while, and they are super cool! Installation is complicated but not Herculean;

Here's the eBay store, which is set up. Not sure what the deal is with the website, he thought it would be done by September:

Edit: better link here
ebay.com link: ebay.com

Disclaimer: I don't work for these guys, but I did write the latest instruction guide, and I just think this thing kicks ass!!

#618 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Dan has not posted to Pinside in a while, but I have had 2 of these installed for a while, and they are super cool! Installation is complicated but not Herculean;
Here's the eBay store, which is set up. Not sure what the deal is with the website, he thought it would be done by September:
Edit: better link here
ebay.com link
Disclaimer: I don't work for these guys, but I did write the latest instruction guide, and I just think this thing kicks ass!!

Yes they are cool but I wish they would come with printed instructions. These are premium price products so how much would it cost extra to include it. I'm thinking of getting the Jackbot one for my game.

#619 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yes they are cool but I wish they would come with printed instructions. These are premium price products so how much would it cost extra to include it. I'm thinking of getting the Jackbot one for my game.

Might be a good suggestion for Dan - doesn't cost much to print them!

1 month later
#620 6 years ago

Just want to say that Dan and Briana are the best. I was missing a part from a lighted speaker panel that I bought at Pinfest back in May and just noticed now as I hadn't attempted to install it. I contacted them to ask about getting the one part and they immediately sent me an entire wiring kit for the panel. Incredible customer service. I can't say enough about them. They have a customer for life. Thank you.

#621 6 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Just want to say that Dan and Briana are the best. I was missing a part from a lighted speaker panel that I bought at Pinfest back in May and just noticed now as I hadn't attempted to install it. I contacted them to ask about getting the one part and they immediately sent me an entire wiring kit for the panel. Incredible customer service. I can't say enough about them. They have a customer for life. Thank you.

Hell yes.

#622 6 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Glen, what game did you get a panel for. Any pics?

#623 6 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Glen, what game did you get a panel for. Any pics?

Hi Terry - I have a lighted panel installed in my TZ. The part that was missing is for my TAF machine. I haven't installed it in the TAF yet. The panel in TZ is awesome. Pictures really don't do it justice.

tzpanel1 (resized).jpgtzpanel1 (resized).jpg
tzpanel2 (resized).jpgtzpanel2 (resized).jpg
tzpanel3 (resized).jpgtzpanel3 (resized).jpg

#624 6 years ago

IMO TZ is one of the best games to install this in. Looks amazing on taf and CFTBL as well! And DW... and... and...

2 weeks later
#625 6 years ago

Hello Dan,

Do you have good news about Indiana Jones?

Can you prepare this speaker panel with Jackpot lights functions (Ark, Grail, Stone are linked to playfield jackpot lamps)?

Thanks!

1 month later
#626 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Hello Dan,
Do you have good news about Indiana Jones?
Thanks!

"This thread may cost you money"
Based on lack of response, definitely not. At least not for me.

#627 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Yeah he just let his topic die.

#628 6 years ago

He's selling them on eBay. Ordered one. Only the speaker lights worked. Says the replacement is on the way. Will report.

#629 6 years ago

I've installed several of these - they look AWESOME. He's selling them on eBay, as was noted - kind of dropped Pinside like a lot of other vendors. Can't say for sure why, but we can all speculate...

#630 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I've installed several of these - they look AWESOME. He's selling them on eBay, as was noted - kind of dropped Pinside like a lot of other vendors. Can't say for sure why, but we can all speculate...

I wouldn't say he dropped Pinside. I mean 12 of the 30 sale ads below are his.

#631 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Like I said over a year ago in post #75.....

#632 6 years ago

He doesn't appear to respond to PMs either.
Given STNG appears to be a very simple design; I may just go ahead and design my own and have a friend CNC it and put an RGB strip in it.

#633 6 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

That's troubling. I did too....nothing.

#634 6 years ago

Paul,
I had to send him an EBay message telling him we were needing help in his thread a few months back.
If you can't be bothered to be present; I guess things are good.

Don't get me wrong; I want to like his products and would buy them if he were a little more active in the forums.

#635 6 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Paul,
I had to send him an EBay message telling him we were needing help in his thread a few months back.
If you can't be bothered to be present; I guess things are good.
Don't get me wrong; I want to like his products and would buy them if he were a little more active in the forums.

I hear ya Zitt but it makes me sad, we were the ones that got his business off the ground and now he's forgotten us. I mean how long does it really take to drop us a line every so often.

#636 6 years ago

How quick they forget......

#637 6 years ago

Still no Scared Stiff?

#638 6 years ago

Had the plasma pop bumper caps to. There was some life in that thread, but they were always being tweaked and waiting for stuff.

#639 6 years ago

The display that was at Pinfest was huge, along with the amount of product. Hard to believe they are MIA from pinside.

#640 6 years ago

I rarely get on the Pinside Forums any more.

Quoted from Zitt:

Given STNG appears to be a very simple design; I may just go ahead and design my own and have a friend CNC it and put an RGB strip in it.

Zitt just reminds me every month that he wants me to finish the STTNG board prior to Texas show. We may not replied, because it is just mainly monthly reminders.

We get about 10 PM's a day on Pinside, Briana does a good job of answering them within a few days.

Quoted from Kawydud:

The display that was at Pinfest was huge, along with the amount of product. Hard to believe they are MIA from pinside.

We are completely remolding our displays for the shows, and hope to do 6 shows this year, we learned a lot when we were at Allentown. Should have nearly twice the product at this years shows vs Allentown.

Bottom lime is were were pretty busy filling orders November and December and did not have time for much else.

We are going to be at the Texas show, and we want to the STTNG, IJ and Funhouse lighted boards done before that show.

We are currently working on a very good line on Guardians of the Galaxy mods. Also have a new line that we feel is going to be very good.

Plus we will finally get the website going the end of this month.

Dan

#641 6 years ago

Scared Stiff?

#642 6 years ago

Thanks for the update Dan.

#643 6 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

Zitt just reminds me every month that he wants me to finish the STTNG board prior to Texas show. We may not replied, because it is just mainly monthly reminders.

We get about 10 PM's a day on Pinside, Briana does a good job of answering them within a few days.

Thanks for the update.
You specifically did ask: "I will try to get those done in the next 60 days. Remind me if you don't hear anything."
60days came and went; without an response. It's now been almost 90days.
I only sent one "reminder" at 30days.

#644 6 years ago

Sorry, Zitt, I should have mentioned that I did ask you to remind me.

#646 6 years ago

We are going to be at the Texas show, and we want to the STTNG, IJ and Funhouse lighted boards done before that show.

Thanks Dan for update. In case we install your IJ lighted board, can we use jackpot boards at the same time?

#647 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Thanks Dan for update. In case we install your IJ lighted board, can we use jackpot boards at the same time?

That has been a debate that I have had. The molds are bit expansive, and I don't want to have to make 2 molds for that game. Of course everyone that has a jackpot board would want a lighted panel with a jackpot board. If we decide to do the cut outs, the jackpot panel will fit.

Also please note that I dropped the price on the ultimate boards to $229.99 and the basic boards to $159.99 and dropped the middle board a few weeks ago. I was going to start a thread on it, but we got pretty busy the last 2 months.

We are working on a few great mods for Guardians and we will have an additional new line that should be well accepted.

Once we get those done we are going to finish the website and make our displays for the shows. Not planning on making anything new for a little while, just get caught up with what we have.

I am also going to do a 3 pack of plasma pop bumpers for $249.99, PM me if you want to take advantage of this price.

Here is a few videos on the Plasma Pop Bumpers:

Installed in 5 games:

How they are made and what you get:

In depth install instructions on Stern Star Wars:

Quick 5 minute 48 second install in Zenon:

In the next 2 months we will have an installation video for the lighted speaker panels. Plan on doing a lot of installation videos on our items.

#649 6 years ago

nice work Dan, hope you had time to relax over Xmas and New Year's recharged for a killer year - nice videos

#650 6 years ago

Thanks Dan for the update.

Of course everyone that has a jackpot board would want a lighted panel with a jackpot board.

This is very true!

Is there a way to reduce the speed of "lightning" in plasma pop bumbers?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 11.95
$ 63.95
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kenosha, WI
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 6.95
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

There are 761 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warning-this-thread-may-cost-you-money-comments-please/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.