WARNING!! This thread may cost you money. Comments please.

By dantina

1 year ago

Stats

• 658 posts
  • 117 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 months ago by Rdoyle1978
  • Topic is favorited by 125 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 319 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_6151.jpg
IMG_6149.jpg
before.jpg
tzpanel3 (resized).jpg
tzpanel2 (resized).jpg
tzpanel1 (resized).jpg
metallica spider (resized).jpg
creature mod sign (resized).jpeg
Lighted Pinball Mods (resized).jpg
lighted shooter covers (resized).jpg
funhouse pointing fingers (resized).jpg
funhouse pointing finger on (resized).jpg
funhouse out guards (resized).jpg
funhouse hot dog (resized).jpg
star destroyer (resized).jpg
t2 hunter killer close up (resized).jpg

There are 658 posts in topic. You are on page 1 of 14.
#1 1 year ago

Lighted Pinball Speaker Panels. Once you look at these, you will never look at your games the same way again.

We have been working on this for a year. When we open in 2 months, we should have about 25 Bally/Williams titles. Stern (which is designed and prototypes done) will follow shortly after, then Data East and Sega.

Hope to have the entire below list available in 2 months. Has a dimmer remote control to control the intensity of the light.
Replace the wood panel behind your plastic, just like the Creature From The Black Lagoon taillight mod. The panel has been designed to work with stock or upgraded DMD and speakers.

We have overcome the power and mounting issues. Your game will be able to power this, even if you have a color DMD, topper or other power hungry mods. This is not just a routed board. This is a very intercut board that is a resin/wood hybrid. We are using a patent pending process.

Look close at the speaker lights on the deluxe board. These are not the blinding halo lights pointing at you, these are closer to the Stern light kits that have the LED’s pointing towards the speaker. Bally/Williams have different sized speakers which makes speaker lights look ununiformed from left to right. We have made the left and right look identical while you can still use stock or upgraded speakers.

Glare from the panel is about the same as glare from a DMD. You can get a blocker or adjust brightness on the panel and speaker to reduce glare.

Have been working with Rich at PPS to make new plastic speaker panels to many of the below games with a built in shadow mask to high light just certain areas.

Prices will be within $10 of:

Basic panel, just white lights with dimmer, works on about 20 games $199.99

Deluxe panel, added multicolor speaker lights with remote $259.99

Extra change for more complicated games such as Addams Family $30.00

Speaker inserts set will be $29.99. A bit more then Sterns, but they do require more work to make. Will have a selection for all games. This is the easiest mod you have ever installed in your game.

Bally/Williams genuine speaker plastic with built in shadow mask. $99.99

Have made Stern prototypes for both wood and metal panels. Have had email discussions with Stern about either licensing their art, or doing original artwork or having available in their store. Whatever the outcome, I don’t expect to have any Stern panels when we open, but should a few months after.

I will post panels on other games in the next few days.

Questions or comments?

At release we hope to have this mod available for:
The Addams Family - TAF
Twilight Zone - TZ
Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure - IJ
Star Trek: The Next Generation - STTNG
Fish Tales - FT
Terminator 2 - T2
The Getaway - HS2
Funhouse - FH
Creature From the Black Lagoon - CFTBL
Theatre of Magic - TOM
White Water - WH2O
World Cup Soccer - WCS
Demolition Man - DM
Judge Dredd - JD
Road Show - RS
Corvette
Flintstones - FS
No Fear - NF
The Shadow - TS
Dirty Harry - DH
Popeye
Cyclone
Bad Cats - BC
Indianapolis 500I500
Hurricane

#2 1 year ago

DSCN1339 (resized).JPG

DSCN1341 (resized).JPG

DSCN1344 (resized).JPG

DSCN1349 (resized).JPG

DSCN1351 (resized).JPG

DSCN1352 (resized).JPG

#3 1 year ago

DSCN1353 (resized).JPG

DSCN1355 (resized).JPG

DSCN1356 (resized).JPG

DSCN1357 (resized).JPG

DSCN1359 (resized).JPG

DSCN1360 (resized).JPG

#4 1 year ago

DSCN1361 (resized).JPG

DSCN1362 (resized).JPG

DSCN1363 (resized).JPG

DSCN1365 (resized).JPG

DSCN1366 (resized).JPG

DSCN1367 (resized).JPG

#5 1 year ago

DSCN1371 (resized).JPG

DSCN1388 (resized).JPG

DSCN1391 (resized).JPG

DSCN1392 (resized).JPG

DSCN1395 (resized).JPG

#6 1 year ago

addams family shadow (resized).jpg

fish tales shadow (resized).jpg

funhouse shadow (resized).jpg

#7 1 year ago

Crap! I feel my wallet lightening up a bit. Might be in for a couple.....

#8 1 year ago

Looks great...will be buying a few.

#9 1 year ago

Will there be any more System 11 titles in your lineup?

#10 1 year ago

Do they fit/work with ColorDMD?

#12 1 year ago

crap! I shouldn't have clicked on this thread.

#13 1 year ago

Super cool. Look forward to seeing more of these

#14 1 year ago

hows the reflection on the play field?

#15 1 year ago

oh my.... just when I thought I didn't need to spend more money with mods....

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Will there be any more System 11 titles in your lineup?

Yes, a few. The process took a very long time to perfect, but now it is easy to add titles.

#17 1 year ago

Uhh, hello? Where's Bad Girls? Mario Andretti? America's Most Haunted? Or any other crap game?

Just kidding. These look great. Hopefully you make some for Royal Rumble and Police Force (the two games currently residing in my house)!

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from TZBen:

you can always use this: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3301

#20 1 year ago

Looks super cool.
Will probably need to see these in person though.
Hard to tell things in the photos.

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Sheesh....no Scared Stiff!

We have the design in for those games. We will be having custom art work for those games done. Probably won't be done till mid 2017

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from TZBen:

Reflection is about the same as the DMD. Both the main lights and the speaker lights have dimmers to adjust. The best item we have found to remove the glare is the item amendes just quoted:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3301

Completely removes glare, and because of the angle it is invisible when playing. I will post a picture with one later.

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Looks super cool.
Will probably need to see these in person though.
Hard to tell things in the photos.

They look better in person. The little bit darker speaker covers like Twilight Zone look better then the lighter titles like Fish Tales. I have had about 20 people see these, and everyone that see them in life are "oh my god".

And yes power problems are resolved, and you can use this with a color DMD.

Power draw is 1.25 amps at 12 volts.

We have a few other lines coming out that have not been done before. Our other new product lines takes 1 amp, another takes 2 amps, another takes about .15 amps and we are working on one that will be huge and take under .5 amps. You could hook all those up and a color DMD to your game, no problem.

#24 1 year ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

Reflection is about the same as the DMD. Both the main lights and the speaker lights have dimmers to adjust. The best item we have found to remove the glare is the item amendes just quoted:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3301
Completely removes glare, and because of the angle it is invisible when playing. I will post a picture with one later.

I use it with all my pins!

3c97dde1a5693ba6b6a0722ec9a686dee17f42f8 (resized).jpg

#25 1 year ago

nothanks (resized).jpg

#26 1 year ago

Here is a picture from a distance.

distante shot (resized).jpg

#27 1 year ago

Comments please? Ok. Will be interesting to check out on someone else's game, but I don't see any need for more bright stuff in the backbox detracting from the action on the playfield. Speaker panel art on most games was an afterthought anyway, at least til they got rid of it completely in '95.

Edit: based on that pic just above here, I'd say you better include a free glare guard w every purchase.

#29 1 year ago

Standard panel that does not have speaker lights CAN NOT be upgraded later. The speaker lights are built into the deluxe panel.

#30 1 year ago

Great idea, thanks to people like you, this hobby and all the mods and extras that are thought of make it that much better. Great work!

#32 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Comments please? Ok. Will be interesting to check out on someone else's game, but I don't see any need for more bright stuff in the backbox detracting from the action on the playfield. Speaker panel art on most games was an afterthought anyway, at least til they got rid of it completely in '95.
Edit: based on that pic just above here, I'd say you better include a free glare guard w every purchase.

(comments edited)

#33 1 year ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Comments requested... comment provided. If OP want only positive comments, they should ask for such. I don't see the point in lighting up every square inch of a pinball machine.

#34 1 year ago

It would be nice if somebody made the parts for these games that we really need.

#35 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Thank you for your opinion. I would like to point out that I don't think the good people at Stern would agree with you, since they have put speaker panel art on their last few games.

2 things to keep in mind, light sources are hard to photograph. Both the light panel and the speakers have remote dimmer controls, so if you want just a dim lights on the speaker panel to a slight dim to highlight, you can. The controls are separate, so if you want to dim the panel lights and brighten the speaker lights, you can do that also. We took most pictures on a bright light to best demonstrate.

#36 1 year ago

Come on man, make a custom one for johnny mnemonic!

#37 1 year ago

Thank you for your opinion. I would like to point out that I don't think the good people at Stern would agree with you, since they have put speaker panel art on their last few games.

Sort of. GOT and ST got patterns, but GB and MET got more creative art. To each their own. It's certainly a cool mod for those into lighting things up. Just not my cup of tea. I do think you'll sell a lot of them.

#38 1 year ago

Guess I'll be working some more Saturdays to pay for this.
Mike

#39 1 year ago

Interesting concept and wondering if you will have it at Expo this year to see?

I personally cant see spending anymore that $150 on something like this and would only use it in very rare instances where trying to overbling a game.

#40 1 year ago
Quoted from bounoun:

Come on man, make a custom one for johnny mnemonic!

yes one for johnny mnemonic please

#41 1 year ago

Love to see a pic of a pin from afar and with the lights of the room off. Gives us all a better idea of your product.

#42 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

overbling

I don't know if that is possible,I guess we'll have to see pics from everyone who gets these to decide.
Mike

#43 1 year ago

we need a Tron light up panel ..... keep it mostly black (no light) except the grid lines and a few objects in the Tronesque colors ... would look sharp and match the game well (and would not be very bright overall)

#44 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Interesting concept and wondering if you will have it at Expo this year to see?
I personally cant see spending anymore that $150 on something like this and would only use it in very rare instances where trying to overbling a game.

We are scheduled to speak at expo about this and some other exclusive stuff we are working on. We have a pretty good sized crew, but not sure how much we are going to get done before then. Have a bunch of lose ends on other product. We have all of the problems resolved with this mod, and are starting production as we speak.

#45 1 year ago

Nice product, and interested.....I've often thought about it, especially "darker" backboxes (TAF, TZ, WCS come immediately to mind).

My brighter ones w interactive backbox light may not work out, though......anxious to see.....thank you!!!!

#46 1 year ago

Yes, they do work with ColorDMD.

Good, because if they didn't work with ColorDMD I wouldn't buy any.

Both the light panel and the speakers have remote dimmer controls, so if you want to just dim lights on the speaker panel to a slight dim to highlight, you can. The controls are separate, so if you want to dim the panel lights and brighten the speaker lights, you can do that also.

Good, because that will let me match the light intensity of the speaker panel to the brightness of the translite.

We have been working with Rich at PPS to make new plastic speaker panels to many of the below games with a built in shadow mask to highlight just certain areas.

Will your kit include the new speaker panel itself, or will your kit only supply the light panel and we will have to also place an order with PPS for a new speaker panel?

I would definitely purchase a deluxe panel for TZ for starters.
Please let me know when and how I can place my order.

#47 1 year ago

I like the idea assuming the speaker panel doesn't outshine or detract from the original backglass/translite (speaker panel being vibrant with high contrast versus an original translight). I know it's dimmable but the screening/printing process of the translite compared to your speaker panel printing/screening process will be interesting to see in person. Nice work so far.

#48 1 year ago

MORE lights?

Players are going to have to start wearing sunglasses just to watch the attract mode..!

#49 1 year ago

The way I understand this is you are making new speaker panels for Data East and Sega. If this is correct, please make them so mounting ColorDMDs would be easy without any modification to the speaker panel. That would help a lot of people who want to use the LCD without modding the speaker panel.

#50 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Players are going to have to start wearing sunglasses just to watch the attract mode..!

She's ready.

Fitover-Sunglasses (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
3,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suwanee, GA
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 239.99
$ 16.95
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Other
Professor Pinball
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 159.99
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Sale Pending!
Lincoln, NE
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 6.95
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 658 posts in topic. You are on page 1 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside