• Latest reply 4 years ago by DK
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).jpeg
3a2751dbc6cff9b3b5feb9e568a63bcf5dedc6b7 (resized).jpg
There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 5 years ago

Hey atleast OP has good taste in music.
Not sarcasm, I freakin love this track haha

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from joegeno:

Good try my man. Mods this is a scammer of some sort. The very first email I got from this guy was when he wanted me to send him PayPal for an Addams playfield from some years prior to the date of the email (I think 5-6). So obviously you can sense my apprehension with just sending money. I investigated further by searching for emails PayPal transactions etc. found nothing that raised red flags so I just assumed my original thought, scammer.
That being said I proceeded to have some fun. Usually when scammers email/text me from a random craigslist add I at least entertain myself by keeping the correspondence going. The following emails ensued where I told the op that I lost the playfield, the warehouse dogs proceeded to poop on it, but I’d do my best to get it cleaned and waxed before shipping. I left it alone after I got some kicks and moved on.
If there’s something legitimate here, I would love to wrap it up. Fiona need to solid proof though op. It’ll be a tough sell from that long ago. Joe

Guy says he bought this from ebay and paid using Paypal. There would be some kind of proof. He says nothing about you sending money.

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Not sarcasm, I freakin love this track haha.

He spent 6 years, pinside member
6 years, and he had 5 posts
now what's OP gonna do, now that his post stinks?

The moderator said!...

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from UNCgump:

I find it a bit crass for a moderator to weigh in effectively in favor of one side in this odd case.

Just to clarify, the first thing we usually look for in a potential scam are various red flags that may appear in a member's profile that may indicate that the account might not legitimate. All Tiger was sharing was that these particular earmarks were not present for this member. So, that just seems to indicate that the member is more likely than not who he says he is. Beyond that, he did not offer any rulings on the situation itself.

We might offer some comments that may help get to the heart of an issue, but we largely stay out of individual disagreements concerning a transaction. The individuals involved will usually have to work it out between themselves. For the most part, these disagreements involve pricing, expectations, details, arrangements, representation of the item(s), misunderstandings, schedules, etc. The point at which a moderator may step in is if the thread goes off the rails or if one member intentionally tricks another member for their financial benefit, while that other member gets basically nothing--in other words, a scam. It's very rare that a disagreement between two members actually rises to the level of a scam.

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

This is a very confusing post. Joe may be a great guy, but I can't follow his response either.
1. Joe - Did you post a playfield for sale on eBay? Did it sell?
2. Joe - Did you accept money, reject, or never receive?
3. NoFX - Did you send money via paypal to Joe? Is the money rejected and still in your account?

It is very confusing but after reading it a few times I think the story is that the OP recently contacted Joe and complains that he didn’t get a playfield that he bought from Joe on eBay 5 or 6 years ago and therefore wants a refund. Joe says he doesn’t have a record of the transaction so he responds with messages jerking the OP around.

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

It is very confusing but after reading it a few times I think the story is that the OP recently contacted Joe and complains that he didn’t get a playfield that he bought from Joe on eBay 5 or 6 years ago and therefore wants a refund. Joe says he doesn’t have a record of the transaction so he responds with messages jerking the OP around.

I've reread it too, and your synopsis seems right on the money. 5 or 6 years is a long time to wait to report an issue......

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from NOFX:

Hello
I did not offer a TAF PF for sale to Joe.
I bought one from him over his ebay account.
Many emails and questions later about my pf...he started with his "so called fun emails"...which contains ....slurs and explict content.
i can "roll out" .......no problem

First email I get 2017. I haven’t had an eBay Acct in long over ten yrs. maybe 2008?

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

I've reread it too, and your synopsis seems right on the money. 5 or 6 years is a long time to wait to report an issue......

If E-Bay/Paypal brokered the transaction, the buyer has 6 months of refund protection for non-delivery of goods. Seems adequate to me.

Seems like Joe's story carries the day as it seems most logical. The OP won't even try to show us the receipt for purchase, so I am sure we won't see five or six years of communication where Joe is perpetrating this supposed scam. Presumption of innocence prevails for me.

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The OP is German, or at least appears to be.

That's clear. German or not, if you buy on eBay and pay with PayPal, the buyer protection is overwhelming if truly scammed.
Also is your credit card company if smart enough to use that on an international large PayPal purchase.

This mess just doesn't seem to be at all clear.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

This is a very confusing post. Joe may be a great guy, but I can't follow his response either.
1. Joe - Did you post a playfield for sale on eBay? Did it sell?

It was over ten yrs ago, maybe I listed one. I know I spoke with someone overseas and was shocked because whatever I was selling was like 50$ and they were willing to pay the shipping for it. However back then parts were scarce. So to sum it up - I may have had a pf on eBay, but would t have felt comfortable shipping overseas.

Quoted from badbilly27:

2. Joe - Did you accept money, reject, or never receive?

I only found out who this guy was in an email a yr or two ago.

Quoted from badbilly27:

3. NoFX - Did you send money via paypal to Joe? Is the money rejected and still in your account?

Simple questions. Not sure what's so secret not to answer these. Not taking either side because we don't have any info. Keep in mind different languages involved here so let's be fair until more is revealed.
Title should be changed until resolved to be fair to all involved.

#61 5 years ago

NOFX, if what joe says is true then you have some explaining to do here... also, are you absolutely sure this is the same joe that supposedly scammed you? If he hasn’t had an eBay account in 10 years then it couldn’t be him....

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Not sarcasm, I freakin love this track haha.

Great call lol! My favorite below

#63 5 years ago

Linoleum is an easy grab, but it's so good.

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from joegeno:

It was over ten yrs ago, maybe I listed one. I know I spoke with someone overseas and was shocked because whatever I was selling was like 50$ and they were willing to pay the shipping for it. However back then parts were scarce. So to sum it up - I may have had a pf on eBay, but would t have felt comfortable shipping overseas.

Thanks for the explanation Joe. Over ten years ago? NOFX please help us understand. That's a long time ago

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Linoleum is an easy grab, but it's so good.

For sure!

#66 5 years ago

I love Lori Myers. Plus I did hear they suck live.

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Thanks for the explanation Joe. Over ten years ago? NOFX please help us understand. That's a long time ago

Yeah, I think ten years requires a lot of explanation . . . but this whole thing is so confusing. Anyway, clearing up the timeline would be a terrific start.

#68 5 years ago

Did April 1st roll over in Frankfurt before it did here in United States. It is April Fools at the time of my comment. LOL

#69 5 years ago

Mods-

You've edited the title of the thread, but the original title still shows up in the URL. Not sure if there's a way for you to fix this or not.

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

Mods-
You've edited the title of the thread, but the original title still shows up in the URL. Not sure if there's a way for you to fix this or not

Alas, that is outside of our immediate authority, though we made the recommendation it be changed as well. It will likely be fixed and taken out of the URL, but not till later this week.

#72 5 years ago

Details:
Ebayname : joegeneau1
Amount : 133,51 Dollar
PayPal Transaction number:5ns34829ca4171431

His "Fun E-Mails" contains racial slurs ,
Black Dildo Pictures and more .

Mr. Joe .G did not refund my Money for years ...and He never sent the pf Out .

#73 5 years ago

If it really has been "years", this should have been settled long ago.

#74 5 years ago

A playfield for only $133.51? And that includes overseas shipping? I wager the shipping alone would have cost more. Even 7 years ago or whatever. Why didn’t you file an item not received claim back then? That’s on you.

#75 5 years ago

Please stop posting sensitive details on people unless your claims have been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt and you have permission to post it. Your other post has already been scrubbed by a moderator.

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from timab2000:

Not sure why everyone thinks that when someone wants to use paypal they are instantly out to rip you off.

I've had pinsiders pay me for machines sight unseen in full with PayPal (albeit, I sent tons of pics, offered video chat, etc). Never had a problem

#77 5 years ago

Honestl, I think we need to consider that the OP is the original scammer and that he’s counting on the seller not having the records to dispute this. At that price, the pf would be a nice flip. Even if his claims are accurate, at this point you have to say tough doodie bombs to him and he needs to stop publicly disparaging the alleged seller. What a load....

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from NOFX:

Details:

black dildo? might of been a giveaway!
HMMM, looks like you got F____'ed.
Sound like you did it to yourself.

#79 5 years ago

Pinside small claims court . . . who needs Wapner to litigate their disputes? (wish I could find a bongo drum playing emoticon)

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from NOFX:

Details:

So far, you have not provided any proof of your claims. Can you provide screenshots of the purchase, invoice, transaction, or email notification?

#81 5 years ago

I found some posts on another forum that I'm not going to link here, but from what I can tell NOFX came out of the woodwork over a year ago to claim that Joe scammed him. Joe in turn sent NOFX a bunch of colorful emails, and at the end of the exchange it looked like NOFX had a laugh and went away.

Over a year later, NOFX comes out of the woodwork again here to claim Joe scammed him and get community support. I don't know what happened, but to me it looks like NOFX is trying hard to get community support for his scam, but it is again backfiring. If he did order a playfield 10 years ago, that was the time to try and get his money back but I serious doubts that NOFX ever bought one.

#82 5 years ago

"finish him!"

3a2751dbc6cff9b3b5feb9e568a63bcf5dedc6b7 (resized).jpg3a2751dbc6cff9b3b5feb9e568a63bcf5dedc6b7 (resized).jpg
#83 5 years ago

I'm more interested in these black dildos...

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

download (resized).jpegdownload (resized).jpeg
#86 5 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

the streetlight cover of this is so good.

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

I found some posts on another forum that I'm not going to link here, but from what I can tell NOFX came out of the woodwork over a year ago to claim that Joe scammed him. Joe in turn sent NOFX a bunch of colorful emails, and at the end of the exchange it looked like NOFX had a laugh and went away.
Over a year later, NOFX comes out of the woodwork again here to claim Joe scammed him and get community support. I don't know what happened, but to me it looks like NOFX is trying hard to get community support for his scam, but it is again backfiring. If he did order a playfield 10 years ago, that was the time to try and get his money back but I serious doubts that NOFX ever bought one.

Why not link it here? Would clear a lot of stuff up I think.

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Why not link it here? Would clear a lot of stuff up I think.

http://www.villagebbs.com/forum/index.php?topic=32905.15

Look at posts by the architect.

Mods if this is against the rules please delete.

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

http://www.villagebbs.com/forum/index.php?topic=32905.15
Look at posts by the architect.
Mods if this is against the rules please delete.

That right their is popcorn worthy reading material!

#90 5 years ago

@thirdedition that was an entertaining read.
Where to go from here.
So this is an old ebay auction and after reading things about not paying shipping because it was like 8 yrs ago, I wonder it pf was ever paid. Even back in the day ebay added shipping to end of auction price and PayPal wouldn't let you just pay for an item from ebay without the shipping amount being filled in or pre-set. So I'm thinking this auction was never completed and paid for in full.
If someone hangs on to a grudge this long you can also be dam sure they have copies and emails of every little thing. So that needs to be brought to light as well.
A part of me also thinks what happens on ebay stays on ebay and should not necessarily tarnish an account on a different sale website or forum.
-Mike

#91 5 years ago

Man, 15 hrs since last post, I need some reading material for the day, standing by for some 'evidence' of this scam...

Quoted from ForceFlow:

Can you provide screenshots of the purchase, invoice, transaction, or email notification?

#92 5 years ago

Even bankruptcies absolve after 7 years.

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Even bankruptcies absolve after 7 years.

That's true, but that does NOT stop the debt collectors the debts were sold to from calling. Don't ask me how I know.

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from NOFX:

Details:

You left out the March 2010 date ... 9 years ago? Really? (insert eye roll here).

#95 5 years ago

Revenge is a dish best served cold............Joey

#96 5 years ago

joegeneau1 isn't even a user on ebay

3 weeks later
#97 4 years ago

ahlungsbestätigung für die Zahlung an joe geneau
25.04.19 um 12:36

Guten Tag,

Vielen Dank für Ihre Anfrage an PayPal.

Hier bestätige ich Ihnen, dass Sie am 13.02.2010 eine Zahlung an joe geneau in Höhe von 133,51$ gesendet haben.

Der Transaktionscode zu dieser Zahlung lautet: 5NS34829CA4171431

Der Kauf erfolgte über eBay. Die Artikelnummer ist 170437143626. Laut der Beschreibung bei eBay war der Artikel "addams family pinball playfield".

Falls Sie noch andere Fragen haben, helfen wir Ihnen jederzeit gerne weiter.

Viele Grüße
Felix Zöllner
PayPal-Kundenservice

Copyright © 1999-2019 PayPal. Alle Rechte vorbehalten.
PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. & Cie, S.C.A.
Société en Commandite par Actions

Eingetragener Firmensitz: 22-24 Boulevard Royal,
L-2449 Luxembourg, RCS Luxembourg B 118 349

#98 4 years ago

No wonder he wouldn't have replied we only read English here?

I bought an ice cream 10 years ago that melted, can I get a refund?

#99 4 years ago

Here's a translation:

Confirmation of payment for the payment to joe geneau
25.04.19 at 12:36

Good day,

Thank you for your inquiry to PayPal.

I hereby confirm that you have sent a payment to joe geneau of $ 133.51 on 13.02.2010.

The transaction code for this payment is: 5NS34829CA4171431

The purchase was made via eBay. The item number is 170437143626. According to the description on eBay, the article was "addams family pinball playfield".

If you have any other questions, we are always happy to help.

many Greetings
Felix Zöllner
PayPal Customer Service

Copyright © 1999-2019 PayPal. All rights reserved.
PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. & Cie, S.C.A.
Société en Commandite par Actions

Registered office: 22-24 Boulevard Royal,
L-2449 Luxembourg, RCS Luxembourg B 118 349

#100 4 years ago

Black Dildo - Sword of Rage

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,159.00
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warning-thief-amp-scammer-joe-geneau-usa/page/2?hl=aukraut and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.