• Latest reply 4 years ago by DK
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).jpeg
3a2751dbc6cff9b3b5feb9e568a63bcf5dedc6b7 (resized).jpg

There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 4 years ago

His email he used for payment on paypal is (removed)
He stole my money which i send him for an Addams Family Playfield.

His email is (removed)

He is known in the us pinball community and today is the day i decided to make his theft public.

I also contacted the admin of this site and explained evertyhing ...also i have copys of the paypal payments i made.
i tried to talk to him via email but he did not pay the money back at the end.

maybe a pinsider who know him ....can help me
thank you very much

#2 4 years ago

Did you use friends and family? Or a CC?

#3 4 years ago

Joe is one of the good guys for sure. OP is leaving out a lot of relevant details. Was the playfield shipped? Why do you want your money back? I wouldn’t hesitate to deal with Joe. You got some ‘splaining to do OP.

#4 4 years ago

More info, this could help other pinsiders

#5 4 years ago

I think you NOFX are gonna need to post way more info on this transaction.
There has to be more to this IMO.
-Mike

#6 4 years ago

This doesnt seem right, Joe has been around for years and has a great reputation in the local pinball community.

#7 4 years ago

Good try my man. Mods this is a scammer of some sort. The very first email I got from this guy was when he wanted me to send him PayPal for an Addams playfield from some years prior to the date of the email (I think 5-6). So obviously you can sense my apprehension with just sending money. I investigated further by searching for emails PayPal transactions etc. found nothing that raised red flags so I just assumed my original thought, scammer.

That being said I proceeded to have some fun. Usually when scammers email/text me from a random craigslist add I at least entertain myself by keeping the correspondence going. The following emails ensued where I told the op that I lost the playfield, the warehouse dogs proceeded to poop on it, but I’d do my best to get it cleaned and waxed before shipping. I left it alone after I got some kicks and moved on.

If there’s something legitimate here, I would love to wrap it up. Fiona need to solid proof though op. It’ll be a tough sell from that long ago. Joe

#8 4 years ago

Not sure why everyone thinks that when someone wants to use paypal they are instantly out to rip you off.

I have used pay pal practically ever since it came out with no problems whatsoever.

I will continue to use it every chance I get someone doesn't want me to pay them that way or accept payment that way.... I guess I won't be buying or selling to them.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from timab2000:

Not sure why everyone thinks that when someone wants to use paypal they are instantly out to rip you off.
I have used pay pal practically ever since it came out with no problems whatsoever.
I will continue to use it every chance I get someone doesn't want me to pay them that way or accept payment that way.... I guess I won't be buying or selling to them.

#10 4 years ago

I’m confused. Did he pay you or not? Odd that he had your email and real name.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from joegeno:

Mods this is a scammer of some sort

Though certainly possible the OP account in question does not give the signs of a typical Pinside scammer account (I will not publically discuss or debate what those signs may be for obvious reasons).

#12 4 years ago

For me, Joe is a First Class Gentleman.....I wouldnt hesitate with any transactions, or dinner check!

Please clarify OP.....

#13 4 years ago

didn't see this one coming.....who is the scammer here? Whaaa??? More to come at 11.

#14 4 years ago

OP account created 6 years ago. This seems like wires crossed between 2 parties. Hopefully this can be resolved.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

OP account created 6 years ago. This seems like wires crossed between 2 parties. Hopefully this can be resolved.

5 posts in 6+ years on a hobby forum website, I mean come on even the occasional / rarely poster still contributes or asks once in a while. Sorry to me that's a flag right there. Of the 5 posts two were looking to buy parts, two calling people out as scammers. In all his posts he was asking for people to email them so he already has their email, and possibly do a reverse lookup on the internet and get their names as well.

#16 4 years ago

Yep^^^sounds fishy

#17 4 years ago

I think this thread title needs changing. You shouldnt be calling people a Thief on thread title.

#18 4 years ago

Doesn’t seem right to impugn someone’s reputation in a title like that and give out personal contact info especially when the accuser doesn’t even use their name.

And for what it’s worth, I don’t believe Joe would scam or rip anyone off.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

Doesn’t seem right to impugn someone’s reputation in a title like that and give out personal contact info especially when the accuser doesn’t even use their name.
And for what it’s worth, I don’t believe Joe would scam or rip anyone off.

Hope all can work out. That said there Is a pinside dealer that I have bought used games from that isn’t a good person. He represent things and when dilevered very different. He then scams pinside by marking sold elsewhere so you can’t comment on them. Yet you have a string of communication of reps that weren’t true and that you sent him a lot of money. You contact him after he gets payment and nothing. He marks sold elsewhere so you can’t comment on the sale. Every time I see him list a game it makes me cringe. Just because someone is a pinsider does not make them legit. I paypal to guys on here all the time as friends and family. In reality not smart and we all place a lot trust and we will get scammed. Beside the one scammer who is a dealer all pinsiders I have dealt with are great. I did have issues with Great Lakes Modular but got my money back months later so all good there.

#20 4 years ago

Something is off here, somewhere. OP claims he sent $$ for a PF. Joe said that the request was to send OP $$ for a PF. There seems to be a wire or two crossed here.

#21 4 years ago

I'm confused..... did Joe get paid for a product or not?

#22 4 years ago

I feel like the title of the post should be edited unless it can be proven. People are just gonna scroll through Pinside and not open this thread. When they see Joe's name, they're gonna think Joe is a thief and scammer.

NOFX hasn't chimed back in with more details, Joe has

#23 4 years ago

I'm always pretty wary of people that have been long time members here but have only a few posts. From past experiences, there have been more problems than not with these people, I almost lost a TSPP at $4200 because of it. (Buyer wanted $2500 back for minor issues like a scratch on the playfield glass and claimed there were cat hairs all over and they were severely allergic to cats....I didn't even own a cat) A very demanding and unreasonable person, it was a nightmare.

Buyers AND sellers beware.

#24 4 years ago

OP made only 2 posts in the past year and they are both “Scammer alert” posts. That alone should send up flashing red lights. And they’re both poorly worded and make no sense. Who knows what this dude’s game really is?

#25 4 years ago

I won’t comment too much further, as I’m sure the op has lots more he’s going to “roll out”, in this case for evidence. However, I am ready for whatever rebuttal is coming.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

5 posts in 6+ years on a hobby forum website, I mean come on even the occasional / rarely poster still contributes or asks once in a while. Sorry to me that's a flag right there. Of the 5 posts two were looking to buy parts, two calling people out as scammers. In all his posts he was asking for people to email them so he already has their email, and possibly do a reverse lookup on the internet and get their names as well.

I was on 3 years before I ever posted...should have probably kept it that way

#27 4 years ago

The OP has another "scammed" thread posted 14 days ago also.

#28 4 years ago

thank you....
the amount and the exact date is sended again to mr.joe.g
details:
paid with paypal
it was bought on ebay

the pf was never shipped

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Now that's funny

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from NOFX:

thank you....
the amount and the exact date is sended again to mr.joe.g
details:
paid with paypal
it was bought on ebay
the pf was never shipped

I think we've asked several times have you contacted eBay have you contacted PayPal you never seem to answer those questions so it's kind of hard to take you serious

#31 4 years ago

PayPal covers buyers in cases where the seller doesn't ship a product. OP should have filed a complaint within 180 days of the purchase.

Doesn't make sense that the best recourse to resolve a dispute is to trash someone on an enthusiast forum.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

LOL true I guess it's not quantity but rather quality, and this response was quality.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from NOFX:

details:
paid with paypal
it was bought on ebay
the pf was never shipped

Hmmmmm.....Sounds like Mad Amusements.

#35 4 years ago

Ebay/Paypal has your back and would have reimbursed you.
Did this Happen?

Many times I have had listings that I was in error, and a product was purchased out of country,
and shipping costs were not accurate or logistically not cost possible to achieve.
Ive had listings change this on their own.

A playfield from US to Amsterdam is large shipping cost.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I was on 3 years before I ever posted

I joined years ago and only lurked.
My account was terminated and I had to rejoin.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Something is off here, somewhere. OP claims he sent $$ for a PF. Joe said that the request was to send OP $$ for a PF. There seems to be a wire or two crossed here.

It sounds like the op emailed Joe 5-6 years ago trying to sell a TAF playfield. Recently the op emailed Joe again wanting to buy a TAF playfield. Joe thought it was strange that op was trying to sell a playfield and then buy same playfield from him years later. Joe considered him a scammer and played games with him. Sounds like that is the issue.

#38 4 years ago

Hello
I did not offer a TAF PF for sale to Joe.
I bought one from him over his ebay account.
Many emails and questions later about my pf...he started with his "so called fun emails"...which contains ....slurs and explict content.
i can "roll out" .......no problem

#39 4 years ago

This is straight up strange. What’s going on here?

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from NOFX:

Hello
I did not offer a TAF PF for sale to Joe.
I bought one from him over his ebay account.
Many emails and questions later about my pf...he started with his "so called fun emails"...which contains ....slurs and explict content.
i can "roll out" .......no problem

Post a screenshot with your payment/Paypal confirmation. Did you file an "item not received" claim through eBay?

#41 4 years ago

Did your location change from USA to Germany in one post?

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Did your location change from USA to Germany in one post?

The OP is German, or at least appears to be.

#43 4 years ago

April 1 is tomorrow...

Let's get back to normal talk here.

Where is the BK code?
BK art sucks.
BK art is amazing.
I ordered an LE, did I make the right decision?
What is Stern's next 5 games?
What would you take a CQ BBB or a beat of JQ?
JJP next game is Anthrax
Will Stern make a Bay City Rollers pinball game?

#44 4 years ago

@jayhawkai
I will not post it.
Joe got the date and amount.
He can contact paypal if he need more Information.
For a very long time he did not make this single call.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Though certainly possible the OP account in question does not give the signs of a typical Pinside scammer account (I will not publically discuss or debate what those signs may be for obvious reasons).

I find it a bit crass for a moderator to weigh in effectively in favor of one side in this odd case.

#46 4 years ago

Does anyone personally know NoFx? Because I know a lot of people on and off Pinside that would vouch for Joe.

#47 4 years ago

This is some seriously weird shit!! How bout somebody clear this up. Either the OP needs to send a payment receipt showing he clearly sent the money or the defendant needs to show all correspondence and prove he didnt receive any funds from this guy. One thing is very clear here and that is somebody is lying.

#48 4 years ago

The title needs to include "alleged" until any wrongdoing is actually proven, otherwise this thread is slander.

#49 4 years ago

This is a very confusing post. Joe may be a great guy, but I can't follow his response either.

1. Joe - Did you post a playfield for sale on eBay? Did it sell?
2. Joe - Did you accept money, reject, or never receive?
3. NoFX - Did you send money via paypal to Joe? Is the money rejected and still in your account?

Simple questions. Not sure what's so secret not to answer these. Not taking either side because we don't have any info. Keep in mind different languages involved here so let's be fair until more is revealed.

Title should be changed until resolved to be fair to all involved.

#50 4 years ago

I think the OP being German may be causing a bit of a language barrier as well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
16,500 (OBO)
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Electronics
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
ArcadeMade
Unisex
$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball
Rubber/Silicone
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warning-thief-amp-scammer-joe-geneau-usa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.