Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 224 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by indybru
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wafer_thin_mint.jpg
    New-Shit-has-come-to-light (resized).png
    850D6EEC-9B62-4E85-925C-88784BBC4C15-697-0000015170DDE8E8 (resized).jpeg
    10227056515_8cb331b0c9 (resized).jpg
    wheel (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kozmckpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#14 6 years ago

Some small businesses clearly charge more to accept a check rather than cash, or I should say, have a cash only discount. (Home sprinkler service techs etc. $75 cash, $85 check for the same service) Heck, gas stations have this. They charge more for credit cards as there are processing fees, although I don't know of people paying for gas with a check. Anyway, going to the bank is your time invested so you could take a processing fee out of the $300, but I'd say return the rest.

#27 6 years ago

If I am late paying my income taxes, I get charged penalties and fees, significant penalties and fees, until I pay up. I filed for a refund of my income taxes 8 weeks ago and no transfer of money to my account have I seen. Yet, I have no recourse of charging the government for taking so long as they said upfront we will take 10 weeks to get you your money. I don't feel disrespected by this, but the system is definitely in someone else's favor. My point is, if you requested cash and he agreed to it, he should have paypal'd the money or gave you cash, because it was agreed upon upfront.

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That all became moot when he decided he'd take the check instead of just calling off the sale.

Send the guy to an ATM in Dung's neighborhood, to get $2700 and keep the receipt, cancel the overpayment check, that's enough of a paper trail for any accountant. Anyway, the business is losing here, they need to be more careful about their reputation in the future.

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

OK I was gonna sit the rest of this thread out due to it's stupidity but then I saw this...
    I'm not sure which bank you belong to but you can't go to an ATM and take out $2700.

Or bank counter teller sorry. Maybe the bank was closed at the time of the transaction if not that'd work.

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

OK I was gonna sit the rest of this thread out due to it's stupidity but then I saw this...
    I'm not sure which bank you belong to but you can't go to an ATM and take out anywhere close to $2700. I'm pretty sure it's $500 a day. I guess the guy should have just been Dung's houseguest for a week?
    And pinball isn't Wal-mart or Stew Leonards. The customer is frequently wrong in pinball...and in this case weren't the PBC the "customers" anyway? It's all so confusing.
    Anyway I have a big Coke deal to finish up I'm gonna go take $4,000 out of an ATM...

Some banks have $2500 ATM limits per day. Closer than you thought and still less then $2700 so I apologize:

Bank
    Daily ATM Withdrawal Limit Daily Debit Purchase Limit
    Bank of America $1,000 $5,000
    BB&T $500-$1,500 $3,000-$6,000
    Capital One $610 $2,500
    Chase $400-$500 $400-$3000
    Citibank $1,000-$2,000 $5,000-$10,000
    HSBC $500-$1,000 $3,000
    Huntington National Bank $400 $400
    M&T $500 $2,500
    PNC $100-$1,500 $100-$7,500
    Regions Bank $800 $5,000
    Santander $1,000-$2,500 $5,000-$11,500
    SunTrust $500-$2,500 $3,000-$30,000
    TD $750 $5,000
    US Bank $500 $1,000
    Wells Fargo $300 $1,500

I would suggest draining this thread because every reply bubbles it back up and enough damage has been done already.

#71 6 years ago

I have only bought one pinball machine in my life. I bought it NIB from a legit distributor. He requested that I pay in cash for an agreed upon, lesser amount than check or credit card. Maybe that was a way to make me feel that I got a better deal but whatever. I brought mounds of cash I got by GOING TO THE BANK. Had I shown up with a check, I'd fully expect him to reject the deal or require me to pay more. The only thing that is cut and dried here in this thread is what was agreed upon beforehand, before the transaction took place, and that was a cash deal it seems. In the end all's well money-wise in this case so I don't want to bubble the thread up anymore.

#73 6 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

You are NOT a business. As an individual, paying cash for a pinball is normal. As a business, they said they they don't pay cash for purchases. As a business owner I understand, it becomes an accounting nightmare paying for items in cash because you have to account for where the cash came from and exactly how the cash was used.

Cash to buy or cash to sell the paper trail is the same for a business I would think.

#116 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

I don't think the real issue is the $300. Seems there might be some jealousy because they're sharing the same husband. Sorry, couldn't resist. In my youth I was a typesetter for my dad's newspaper, and always had to be on the lookout for typo's.
    Getting back to the topic at hand....Dung, setting everything else aside, being cussed out, the driver being late for the pick-up, the unexpected check, etc., if you had made an honest mistake, written a check for too much and then discovered it after the fact, how would you want the seller to respond to you?
    Not taking sides, but if things were reversed, what would you feel was a fair resolution?

I think he stated that agreeing to a cash deal then saying their policy is no cash deals later is not an honest mistake. It's possible that the seller picked this buyer because he agreed to a cash deal versus someone else who did not. I for one, would still deal with either party, just make sure details are ironed out and followed, if I do and paypal protection\escrow for deposits is a good idea. I ain't buying their business, or morals, I'm buying (or selling) a pin.

#132 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Hi.
    Does anyone have a WORKING Sinbad for sale?

How 'bout them Mets?

#135 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I know everyone is bagging on Dung, but I have to say that if you show up and renegotiate a deal in person at my house after I blew a day to meet you and you took an extra 1.5 to arrive, then bring a check, and on top of it all you sent a minion to do the leg work and surprise everyone with the renegotiation... Then you want to ask for 300 back on your screw up...
    Wtf!
    Sorry but if you are a business, you messed up and should have just left it be as a 300 lesson not to f with anyone or try and pull a fast one.
    Sure, dung 'should' give back the 300, but I am not going to fault him if he does not. Hell, i am thankful he manned up and made this post even though he knew he would get roasted for the 300. Saved me from EVER doing business with this nic character or the pinball company.

"bagging on Dung" is a messy proposition.

#136 6 years ago

Summary: Buyer tried to deal with dung, and it got messy. Brought the wrong paper. The deal should have been flushed. Counterclockwise.

#142 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballCompany:

Nic here...
    I did get offended when the guy told me my check was no good even after he asked around and someone vouched for me. I usually get cash when asked but it slipped my mind. I was having a lunchtime issue with my son at Subway and was a bit frustrated. I did text him an apology. Got no response. When I realized the check was $300 too much, I asked for the PayPal money back. I truly am sorry for forgetting to get cash and for the way I handled the phone call. I can't remember a Pinside buy that didn't go smoothly so I was confident our reputation would be okay. Again, I'm sorry to have upset any Pinsider and I'm sorry the rest of you got dragged into it.

Case closed.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kozmckpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warning-the-pinball-company?tu=kozmckpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.