Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 224 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by indybru
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wafer_thin_mint.jpg
    New-Shit-has-come-to-light (resized).png
    850D6EEC-9B62-4E85-925C-88784BBC4C15-697-0000015170DDE8E8 (resized).jpeg
    10227056515_8cb331b0c9 (resized).jpg
    wheel (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dung.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1 6 years ago

TLDR: Nic put down a 300 dollar deposit via paypal and agrees to pay the rest in cash. Sends his employee out with a check. Chews me out / yells at me over the phone when I try to get him to paypal the rest. I relented and took the check. Nic wrote the check for the wrong amount and then demands I paypal the rest back. Issues chargeback. Threatens that if I posted this publicly and I quote *If you post there, it will only affect your ability to post there ever again.*

I hate bullies. I hate when people do not hold up their end of the bargain. I am not here to argue with anyone over what they feel is right or wrong, but I do want people who may encounter Nic to know what kind of person they are dealing with.

Nic contacted me via Mr. Pinball about my Airborne. He saw the pictures, liked the price and we looked at various options for him to get the machine. At first he was going to paypal me the whole amount and ship it, but he decides that he will pick it up instead. I explicitly asked via email for 10 percent via paypal (300), that the rest be paid in cash on pickup, and that he had six weeks to pick it up. I very clearly wrote no checks and cash on pickup. There is no ambiguity on this matter.

Two weeks later Nic sent his employee out. Guy calls at the scheduled time to say he is an hour and half away, but ok things happens. He gets here, looks over the game and hands me an envelope, with a check. I explain that I do not take checks. I have a friend who has dealt with this company, but before Nic emailed me I had never heard of them. I say call your boss and half him paypal me what he owes. Guy calls his boss and hands me the phone, and I got ripped a new one. *How dare I, the seller, not want to take a check from a company that does 1 million in sales.* Nic also seemed to be under the impression that as a collector I am automatically tuned into retail companies, even though I have never bought retail.

So, after getting reamed Nic says the deal is off and that I am to refund the deposit. I never agreed to that, I had pulled my ad, rearranged my day, and frankly the screw up is very clearly his fault. Still, the guy is here, drives a large company van, and my friend is saying its safe so I relented and take the check. I tell the employee I never want to hear from them again and he leaves. I head straight to the bank and deposit the check.

Game is gone, check is cashed, done right? Wrong, Nic wrote the check for 3000 and I get this very apologetic email explaining that he chewed me out because he was having problems with his kid. That I am to send the deposit back when the check clears. No. I never agreed to any of this and I just got reamed by someone who screwed up. An honest mistake is one thing, but this guy doubled down and tried to brow beat me.

He opened a dispute with paypal. Neither of us are going to sweat the money. He sees it that he agreed to pay 3000. I see it that he agreed to pay cash, failed, chewed me out, but worse lied. You see, Nic never had any intention of paying cash. "We are a legit company and can't use cash to purchase items. Our accountant requires check or credit card so it can be documented. " He had no business agreeing to my terms and flat out lied.

I informed him that i responded to his paypal dispute and that I would just be posting the entire matter publicly. I invited him to refute anything I post as incorrect. His response "The people who run the Facebook pages and Pinside are my friends. If you post there, it will only affect your ability to post there ever again."

At this point my last communication from him is simply "F*** off!" (Edited due to his swearing) And it seems he isn't feeling very confident with paypal since he issued a chargeback. As I said, I don't care about the money, but next time someone is making a deal with The Pinball Company you might want to consider how he conducts business.

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from dgoett:

Sounds like you owe him $300. $3k for an Airborne you should have danced your way to the bank to cash the check.

A price he was happy to pay and I have since watched two others sell for more.

Quoted from pinlink:

You both agreed on a price of $3,000. Just because he was a dick (allegedly), doesn't give you the right to charge more or to keep his deposit. Give the dude his deposit back and be done with it. I think he was in the wrong to chew you out, but now you are in the wrong to keep his deposit purely out of spite. 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Lied to, yelled at, cussed at. If he had been nice and said hey made a mistake this would have all never happened. Things happen, but he didn't own up to his mistakes. Instead he opted to tear me a new one and then demand something that was never agreed to. From the messages I have been getting on facebook this isn't a new thing.

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

So you feel that you are owed the extra $300? You are in the wrong here, dude.
    I get that he was not nice to you. That sucks. Now pay him the money you OWE him. You agreed on a price, he paid you more, now you won't make it right. This is not helping your reputation IMO.

You have your opinion, and not everyone shares it. I owe him nothing. He was to pay the difference in cash on pickup. I can post the contents of the email that I sent as well as his response. The purpose being that once the machine left my possession the deal was DONE. If you disagree then by all means, but as you said it is your opinion.

Anyone on here that has dealt with me knows that I have a mouth, but I am also a straight shooter. I do what I say I will do, both as a buyer and a seller.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

Ummm what? No you are not a straight shooter. You agreed to a 3k deal, were paid 3.3k and now are keeping the difference to teach this guy a lesson because he was mean to you?
    Well Dung is now on my shit list. Yes, this is a real list I keep of people that I will never buy/sell from/to.

I agreed to sell a machine that he picked up. If he can't do math. If he can't stop from lying. It is not my problem.

I was told take the check or the deal is off. I took the check, the deal was done.

As for being on your list? Ok, we all have our lists and its not hurting anyone, but no hard feelings.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Some businesses clearly charge more to accept a check rather than cash, or I should say, have a cash only discount. Heck, gas stations have this. They charge more for credit cards as there are processing fees, although I don't know oof people pay for gas with a check. Anyway, going to the bank is your time invested so you could take a processing fee out of the $300, but I'd say return the rest.

My post is long winded and everyone keeps missing he did a dispute and then did a chargeback. There is no money to send back, nor do I care. This isn't an attempt to get any resolution guys. The situation is over per say, this is merely a warning post for anyone who searches for the company going forward.

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballCompany:

This is Brooke with the Pinball Company writing in on behalf of my husband, Nic Parks. Nic and the seller had agreed to a price of $3000 for the Airborne machine. I was unaware he had sent a $300 paypal deposit and went ahead and wrote the check for the full $3000. Now, while Nic is one of the nicest, most honest and generous people I know (seriously), his memory isn't the best and he forgot to mention to me about the seller wanting cash. He also forgets to tell me many other things on a daily basis. So when our driver got to the pick up, we had a predicament. Nic was not happy that we sent a guy all the way to pick up the machine and he wasn't going to give it to us and they had a bit of a heated discussion, but he certainly did not yell and cuss (we were at a Subway restaurant with our 4 year old son at the time in the middle of lunch). Finally Nic just told the guy that the deal was off and we would leave. At that point, the seller changed his mind (probably when he realized the check was written out for more than we agreed on) and said he would do it. A week or two later we realized that we had overpaid for the machine with the $300 deposit and Nic tried contacting the guy for a refund. He never responded, so we had no choice but to file a chargeback. While the deal didn't go down exactly the way the seller wanted, that did not give him the right to just keep the overpayment.

*Ahem*

Lies

You didn't realize a week or two later. Your husband sent this email on March 11th, the day of the pickup and I got as I drove to the bank. "Sorry to get upset. I was in the middle of dealing with my 4 year old's behavior at the moment and felt a bit disrespected. We are a legit company and can't use cash to purchase items. Our accountant requires check or credit card so it can be documented. Thanks for understanding. Please refund the deposit once the check clears. "

I also have numerous emails after the fact of your husband reitterating that he is unable to pay cash for machines. Something he explicitly agreed to do.

Finally, I had a nice easy resolution. I asked that he paypal the difference, which is what launched his tirade. As for him not swearing I can screen shot his last email to me.

I understand you are a business, but the way your husband handled this from the time his employee arrived to now has been terrible and it is being posted publicly for that reason. Furthermore you might want to remind our husband not to email veiled threats in order to intimidate people from posting.

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is one of the stupidest disputes in history.
    Dung was all bluster and fire when they didn't show up with his cash. But in the end he caved anyway and took the check. I've done the same thing, at the end of the day you just want the game gone and your money.
    Now he thinks he should get an extra 300 bucks for some reason.
    Come on man. Why waste our time with this shit?

Agree, it doesn't look good for either of us, but here is the thing. I am not a business. This is my hobby and anything that makes my hobby crap I am gonna raise a stink about. The guy was an ass to me. I'd rather take a hit to my reputation and shine a light on this jerk so others don't deal with him in future.

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from oohlou:

Needs a poll.
    I count 7 return the money, 1 keep it, and one keep a few bucks and return the rest.
    Pinside court is weighing against you dung (so far).

Pinside court is irrelevant. He disputed, and then did a chargeback. There are no funds to give guys and that is the last time I am responding to that lol

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That all became moot when he decided he'd take the check instead of just calling off the sale.

The agreement was broken when his guy arrived without cash. I was told take the check or the deal is off. I relented, foolishly, and took the check. I was never asked, told, or otherwise informed to refund money until the employee had my machine and was gone.

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I have clients that are huge pains in the ass, but if they overpaid me, I'd send them back the difference.
    Everyone gets all butt-hurt these days for some reason. The guy was a dick, so what? You should have told him to hit the pavement, but instead you took his payment knowing that the deal was $3000.
    The original agreement was for $3000 in cash. You and you alone decided to accept the check so that's a moot point. The agreement of $3,000 was never changed by either party.

Actually, what I was told was take the check or the deal is off. I took the check. I wasn't told the deal was take the check, cash it, and refund the difference.

You guys put a lot of emphasis on my taking the check as some proof of guilt. You put no thought that I was told to take the check or no deal. Seller wrote the check, I did not.

#43 6 years ago

We have bought countless games from Pinsiders over the years and have had wonderful experiences as they can all vouch for and we very much appreciate the opportunity to buy such nice machines from collectors and hobbyists. We make all transactions about as easy as possible. I guess every now and again when doing this many deals, a deal is bound to go sour. In the end, we got the machine and the seller ended up with the $3000 agreed upon. I can think of a lot worse ways for this to have turned out. We are sorry for any ill-will associated with the transaction, but when he didn't respond to us, we were not just going to let him keep the money. - Brooke

I sent this to your husband on Marc 1.
    "That should work just fine then. Having done this numerous times these are my stipulations. I ask for a 10 percent deposit, 300 in this case. You can pay the rest in cash on pickup if you like, no checks on pickup. I will hold the machine for you for 6 weeks which as of today would be april 12th. If you change your mind and decide to go navl that is fine too.

Does that work for you?"

He responded that day with this.

"Sure. $300 via Paypal for deposit?"

The deal was simple and this could have been avoided at many stages. I am sorry it has come to this, but please tell your husband to be a man of his word. Oh, and to please treat the people he deals with civilly.

#46 6 years ago

Alrighty guys, as fun as it is to be a punching bag I am gonna sign off for a bit. If the court of pinside decides to execute me I please ask that my last meal be Arthur Bryant's and for death by firing squad.

#86 6 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

So what is this thread about? ..... paid 3300, was only 3000, got the 300 back from Paypal, isn't this a "done deal move on moment"?

The deal itself yes. Being yelled at by a buyer who agrees to one bring cash and then brings a check. Being lied to by a buyer who agrees to cash, but then later says they are not able to use cash due to business reasons. Being told not to post publicly under threat of being banned due to them being friends with moderators. Being cussed at. These seem like good reasons to post and say this is what happened, deal with this person at your own risk.

For those that say that goes for me because I kept money due to a buyer's accounting error? You get yelled at, lied to, and cussed at and you see how generous you are feeling.

#89 6 years ago
    Quoted from teekee:

That happens to most everyone every fucking day! Its called LIFE! This is so ridiculous why am I even here...
    Dung fits you perfectly...

You are here because you like drama. If there wasn't any you would be digging some up. Gives you something to do teekee and we love you for it

#92 6 years ago
    Quoted from oohlou:

What you are doing is arguably stealing. It has nothing to do with generosity.

Last one on this because people have different opinions. Pinside vs facebook grpups are interesting as the two groups tend toward different responses.

We made a deal for 300 deposit, 2700 cash on pickup. He broke that and everyone here agrees. He broke that deal. He failed to bring cash and told me the deal is off on the phone and to refund his money.

I got off the phone, relented and said I would take the check. The check his employee was authorized to give me as payment for my machine. At no point was it established that nic, the person who wrote the check, had written it for an amount other than what he intended to pay. Now, nic's employee texted nic before accepting my change of heart. Nic also relented and said that if I would take the check to go ahead and take the machine. I took the check, he took the machine.

After both of us had left, nic's employee and myself, did nic decide that he over paid and wanted a refund of his deposit.

For those of you who say I knew the check was written for too much, if that was the case was my first reaction to seeing the check to ask for paypal instead. You guys act like i saw the check, saw the mistake and immediately said oh yeah free money because dung is obviously a bad guy.

#97 6 years ago

Just to be clear, we have not yet received the $300 back and it remains in dispute status with Amex, which indicates that the seller has not agreed to the refund. "Yelled at, lied to, and cussed at..." Come on now... Seems a bit dramatic. I am sure Dung had only kind things to say to Nic. If someone was THAT big of a jerk to me, I certainly would not have done a deal with them and told them to be on their way.

I can screen shot your husband's last email to me if you like. The one where he tells me to F*** Off. I welcome you to post any screenshots of text messages from myself where I was swore or threatened to do anymore than to and I am qouting my own email here.

"I also want to make you aware that at this point in time I am compiling the entire matter start to finish to post to various facebook groups, pinside, klov, etc that you feel entitled to change terms and berate the other party at will. I regret that our transaction has come to this as it was entirely preventable. As I stated to your employee when he took possession of the machine that I do not wish to be contacted by you or your company again in regards to one of my ads."

In short if you feel that I am being dishonest, stretching the truth, or otherwise distorting things then please by all means POST EVIDENCE.

#150 6 years ago

Nic here...
    I did get offended when the guy told me my check was no good even after he asked around and someone vouched for me. I usually get cash when asked but it slipped my mind. I was having a lunchtime issue with my son at Subway and was a bit frustrated. I did text him an apology. Got no response. When I realized the check was $300 too much, I asked for the PayPal money back. I truly am sorry for forgetting to get cash and for the way I handled the phone call. I can't remember a Pinside buy that didn't go smoothly so I was confident our reputation would be okay. Again, I'm sorry to have upset any Pinsider and I'm sorry the rest of you got dragged into it.

To this I would respond.

Why the multiple emails in which you told me you are unable to pay with cash. I qoute your March 11th email:
    "Our accountant requires check or credit card so it can be documented."

And your April 16th email:
    " I was unable to get cash. I tried, but when you run a real business you can't just take $3000 cash out of the bank and call it an inventory purchase without raising a red flag with the accountant. "

Why in another April 16th email did you threaten. " The people who run the Facebook pages and Pinside are my friends. If you post there, it will only affect your ability to post there ever again. Please stop emailing me." After I had said that I was going to post this publicly and that you were invited to refute anything that you felt was incorrect or unfair.

Why was your last communication with me on April 17th "Fuck off!"

You are very polite when it serves your purposes, but did I at some point break our agreement and deserve your treatment? You have screwed up multiple times and have paid lip service only to get something out of it.

#159 6 years ago
    Quoted from Foo:

He is still stoking the fire. Dung posted on Midwest Pinball and Arcade Collectors FB page.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/midwestarcade/permalink/1481676261909767/
    Lawrence Marshall
    5 hrs
    Warning The Pinball Company AKA Nic Parks
    TLDR: Nic put down a 300 dollar deposit via paypal and agrees to pay the rest in cash. Sends his employee out with a check. Chews me out / yells at me over the phone when I try to get him to paypal the rest. I relented and took the check. Nic wrote the check for the wrong amount and then demands I paypal the rest back. Issues chargeback. Threatens that if I posted this publicly and I quote *If you post there, it will only affect your ability to post there ever again.*
    He just cut and pasted his rant from here. Here is the first paragraph...

That is me, and I make no bones about it. I also posted it to klov under sinistermist for the record. I was going to do rgp, but work added a fat long hippa tag and so I held off. You will also note that I told Nic up front that I would do this.

#161 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I'm going to look at it from both sides. If I was Dung and Nic was truly this big of an A$$hole to me I'd probably blow up and want to talk about it face to face with him. With that being said though dung, you still owe Nic 300 dollars.
    If I was Nic, you would pay me that 300 dollars one way or the other I guarantee it. You could do it the easy way or the hard way, your choice.
    Give the guy his money and quit being a douche bag!

Face to face is a good way to end in a bad time. Nic's employee, aside from calling to say he was going to be late at the time he was supposed to arrive, was actually great throughout this. He was a little annoyed by the end but was entirely professional. Say it wasn't him though. Instead of being yelled at over the phone you have a guy screaming in your face because you don't know that you can trust a check. Do you trust that someone that is that unhinged to not take it further?

#166 6 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

Come on guys hug it out! Dung expidite Nics PayPal refund, Nic in the future try not to take your bad day out on other people. Lessons learned, I am sure you are both wiser for the ware. This thread is going nowhere good for either of you, just end this and move on

Sure, I will do it after I get a real public apology. I will eat the refund fees (4-8 dollars can't remember and the chargeback 20) because as has been said its not about the money. The money is already out of my account. In return I want Nic to admit to lying, chewing me out over the phone for his mistake, and threatening me over posting it publicly. I'd like to sit on here as the warning post that this thread was originally intended for.

In return, he gets his money and I shut up about the matter.

#167 6 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Tpc needs to make posts all over the internet stating how Dung and all his other names stole $300 from them. Seems only fair since both parties broke the original sales agreement but only one is childishly slandering the other.

slander. n. oral defamation, in which someone tells one or more persons an untruth about another, which untruth will harm the reputation of the person defamed.

I have not slandered. I have quoted emails and to date neither nic nor brooke have posted anything to refute that. There is a disagreement, but only one side is showing any proof.

#170 6 years ago

I'm done. I still apologize for how I handled it. Should have sent cash with my employee as I agreed to. Should not have bullied him about the check. Paying cash is not the best for accounting purposes, but I agreed and subsequently forgot. Badmouthing me and my company is not cool, but what can I do? Moving on now.
    Nic

I would not call that an apology, but fine. Let's end it.

#173 6 years ago
    Quoted from ZenTron:

I think your point has been made and I hope you consider closing this thread.

Edited it and yeah.

#184 6 years ago

Looking at paypal there isn't anything I can presently do due to the chargeback. If I try and open the case I recieve this.

"We're here to help.

Based on the proof we received, we can't cover this payment dispute. However, we may be able to recover the payment from the buyer's financial institution.

It can take up to 75 days to dispute this case on your behalf with the buyer's financial institution. If we're able to recover the funds, we'll return the $309.00 to your account."

If they are returned I will refund the 300.

Quoted from xfassa:Hopefully, we all learned something today. If not, threads like this will continue. Go play some pinball folks, nothing more to see here.

Better that things are out in the open and even if people disagree and dislike me for its water under the bridge. Done posting in here though as I did agree to shutup.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dung.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warning-the-pinball-company?tu=dung and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.