1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 224 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by indybru
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

wafer_thin_mint.jpg
    New-Shit-has-come-to-light (resized).png
    850D6EEC-9B62-4E85-925C-88784BBC4C15-697-0000015170DDE8E8 (resized).jpeg
    10227056515_8cb331b0c9 (resized).jpg
    wheel (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 224 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
    #201 1 year ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I am not sure what you do for work, but i regularly give out huge credits and even take loses when i screw up and make a mistake. Heck, if i have a disgruntled employee that treats a customer like crap then i plan to pay for it to keep the businesses good name intact and know that i will also likely win more customers from those actions in the future. It pays dividends to treat your customers well, even when they make the mistake... Esp when you make the mistake.

Their good name is intact - the only one ruining his rep is the Dung Bandit who thinks it's ok to steal $300. That's obvious from this thread. It's not hurting TPC because most people here are sane.

This isn't walmart, it's pinball, and the customer isn't always right. Expecting TPC to just give away money to a guy who Isn't even a customer is ridiculous. Rationalize it however you want.

#202 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Their good name is intact - the only one ruining his rep is the Dung Bandit who thinks it's ok to steal $300. That's obvious from this thread. It's not hurting TPC because most people here are sane.
    This isn't walmart, it's pinball, and the customer isn't always right. Expecting TPC to just give away money to a guy who Isn't even a customer is ridiculous. Rationalize it however you want.

I expect a 'professional' company to make good on a deal as agreed and not renegotiate when they show up after wasting part of a day. It was BS that they sent a driver with a check when they promised cash. IT was even more BS that they yelled at and cussed out the seller over thier own mistake. Sure, dung should give back their overpayment but they still suck as a company and how they created this entire issue. That is the thing not to forget in this matter.

I personally won't ever deal with nic or his company and you will be sure i tell lots of other the same. Two wrongs don't make a right, but lets not forget the first wrong is what matters for future transactions and why people should avoid dealing with the pinball company. You can not trust them to hold good on an agreed deal and you now can expect they may waste your time, attempt to renegotiate, and threaten to leave after wasting your time. These are not the behaviors i would want in any company i deal with (even if they over pay for games; which really just means they are further taking advantage of a future unwitting buyer)

#203 1 year ago

Wow Dung, just wow........ You are way in the wrong here. Time to ignore and drain

#204 1 year ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I expect a 'professional' company to make good on a deal as agreed and not renegotiate when they show up after wasting part of a day. It was BS that they sent a driver with a check when they promised cash. IT was even more BS that they yelled at and cussed out the seller over thier own mistake. Sure, dung should give back their overpayment but they still suck as a company and how they created this entire issue. That is the thing not to forget in this matter.
    I personally won't ever deal with nic or his company and you will be sure i tell lots of other the same. Two wrongs don't make a right, but lets not forget the first wrong is what matters for future transactions and why people should avoid dealing with the pinball company. You can not trust them to hold good on an agreed deal and you now can expect they may waste your time, attempt to renegotiate, and threaten to leave after wasting your time. These are not the behaviors i would want in any company i deal with (even if they over pay for games; which really just means they are further taking advantage of a future unwitting buyer)

So based on someone else's experience that may or may not be accurate you are going to not deal with a company and make sure you tell others to not use them as well. Makes perfect sense if you don't think about it....

#205 1 year ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

So based on someone else's experience that may or may not be accurate you are going to not deal with a company and make sure you tell others to not use them as well. Makes perfect sense if you don't think about it....

Yeah I'm sure Whysnow was gonna fill his stocking with retail priced pins from The Pinball Company.

how will they recover from his boycott?

#206 1 year ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Nic came in here to admit he agreed to the deal and then changed the parameters. He also amitted to treating the seller poorly and blamed it on having an issue with his kid. He also admitted threatening to leave as a point of leverage in the renegotiation in order to get the seller to take a check.

Thatis all that matters to me and honestly I can't believe anyone would even agree those are remotely acceptable actions.

#207 1 year ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Nic came in here to admit he agreed to the deal and then changed the parameters. He also amitted to treating the seller poorly and blamed it on having an issue with his kid. He also admitted threatening to leave as a point of leverage in the renegotiation in order to get the seller to take a check.
    Thatis all that matters to me and honestly I can't believe anyone would even agree those are remotely acceptable actions.

Are you this insufferable in person or is it just a keyboard thing?

Trust me I get asked the same question a lot. It's just a keyboard thing with me, I'm great in person. How about you?

#208 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah I'm sure Whysnow was gonna fill his stocking with retail priced pins from The Pinball Company.
    how will they recover from his boycott?

I was not, but I of course talk to many new buyers on a weekly basis. I know a company I will be specifically steering them away from. I have a template email I send out to new buyers looking for their first game and I reccomend a few places to buy from and a few to specifically avoid due to their ethics. I am adding one to the list based on this thread.

#209 1 year ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I was not, but I of course talk to many new buyers on a weekly basis. I know a company I will be specifically steering them away from. I have a template email I send out to new buyers looking for their first game and I reccomend a few places to buy from and a few to specifically avoid due to their ethics. I am adding one to the list based on this thread.

Really?!

OK, well I have a bunch of imaginary friends in Wisconsin and I'm going to specifically steer them away from putting any money in your machines since you think it's ok to steal money. Due to your ethics its a bad idea to give you any business. I'm sure you understand. Ethics are very important in pinball!

#210 1 year ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

I just can't believe that TPC was willing to pay 3k for an Airbourne! I mean that's top dollar! If I sell any more games I might just have to call Nic and Brooke! Maybe collector quality for 3k but otherwise thats a $1500 game at best! I hope they were able to get a profit on it maybe with their guarantee they could sell it for 3500 or so... Rude as you say or not doesn't give someone the right to steal 300 bucks from them! Especially when they were paid top dollar for the game to begin with! Not saying they were beacause I've dealt with Both Brooke and Nic and they were super nice but hey, I wish all my costumers would be rude and obnoxious if they were willing to pay that much I would be happy to take it!

Don't be ignorant...they bought it for 3 because they already had it sold for 45.

#211 1 year ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Seems like I remember you losing your shit about some RZ code and acting pretty crappy towards Charlie from Spooky. Should all of us that read that tell everyone we know that you are terrible and never to deal with you on anything? Everyone has a bad day, everyone does things they regret. People that close every door in life wind up in a room with themselves and no doors left to open. Both sides acted poorly about different things, make sure to add Dung to your template. Got to keep those new buyers informed.

#212 1 year ago

I don't care what anybody says, Levi cracks me the fk up. Comedy gold.
    Don't go changin!

#213 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

I don't care what anybody says, Levi cracks me the fk up. Comedy gold.
    Don't go changin!

I live to give, baby!

#214 1 year ago

Two wrongs do not make a right...but in fact...three lefts do... ............Joey

#215 1 year ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I don't think Nic said he changed the terms any....his wife explained the mis-communication in an earlier post. She did not know about this being a cash deal, nor was she aware of the deposit...she wrote a check for the full amount and sent one of their folks out. It was an honest mistake that should never have reached this point. Nic apologized, and has been pretty adult about the whole thing. Dung has taken this to several forums, which is an obvious attempt to sabotage Nic's business in some way. I would argue the exact opposite is probably happening though.....I wonder how many people who never heard of Nic before today have been to his website in the last 24 hours? lol At the end of the day, this thread needs to go away. It is a blatant attempt to go after one person over an honest deal that turned sour because of egos. Kind of like driving past a crash scene.....nothing to see here.

#216 1 year ago

Can I go so far as to request very strongly that this thread be shut down due to lack of any substance or redeeming content?

Kill the Power!!!

#217 1 year ago

Holy cow this thread has taken some turns. CrazyLevi is being Awesome Levi today and Whysnow is being Mr. Mayor of Pinballville. We got people arguing over sending back a deposit (my vote) or keeping a deposit as a PIA charge. Get the popcorn ready because this is turning good.

#218 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm great in person.

I mean...you're alright, I guess.

#219 1 year ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

I just can't believe that TPC was willing to pay 3k for an Airbourne! I mean that's top dollar! If I sell any more games I might just have to call Nic and Brooke! Maybe collector quality for 3k but otherwise thats a $1500 game at best! I hope they were able to get a profit on it maybe with their guarantee they could sell it for 3500 or so... Rude as you say or not doesn't give someone the right to steal 300 bucks from them! Especially when they were paid top dollar for the game to begin with! Not saying they were beacause I've dealt with Both Brooke and Nic and they were super nice but hey, I wish all my costumers would be rude and obnoxious if they were willing to pay that much I would be happy to take it!

Sign me up for a $1500 Airborne.

#220 1 year ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I am not sure what you do for work, but i regularly give out huge credits and even take loses when i screw up and make a mistake. Heck, if i have a disgruntled employee that treats a customer like crap then i plan to pay for it to keep the businesses good name intact and know that i will also likely win more customers from those actions in the future. It pays dividends to treat your customers well, even when they make the mistake... Esp when you make the mistake.

Would someone please refresh my memory - who's the customer in this situation?

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Profit in the retail pinball biz is RAZOR THIN.

I assure you sir, it is - a - wafer thin.

wafer_thin_mint.jpg

#221 1 year ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I have a template email I send out to new buyers looking for their first game and I reccomend a few places to buy from and a few to specifically avoid due to their ethics.

Would you be willing to share those lists?

#222 1 year ago

Glad I had previously been warned by multiple pinsiders and IPPL (Indiana Pinball Players private forum) members to avoid deals with OP, looks like his reputation was well earned. Yeah Pinball Company screwed up as well, but man when talk about when two rocks collide. Why on earth you both just didn't cancel the deal is ridiculous, but flat out theft of $300 will certainly be remembered in the community.

#223 1 year ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I actually spend several months a year in Fond du Lac, so Madison isn't a very long drive, especially when it comes to playing pinball. Trust me, I'll never set foot in any business that you have an interest in.

#224 1 year ago

I made the 2nd comment and now we are on #223. During the course of life things happen some good, some bad so now we share the news to the internet?

Personally I think its a crock. IMHO never should have been posted.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 94.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 1,000.00
    $ 72.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 59.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 49.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Interactive
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 43.00
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Mods
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 20.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 6,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    There are 224 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside