Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 224 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by indybru
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wafer_thin_mint.jpg
    New-Shit-has-come-to-light (resized).png
    850D6EEC-9B62-4E85-925C-88784BBC4C15-697-0000015170DDE8E8 (resized).jpeg
    10227056515_8cb331b0c9 (resized).jpg
    wheel (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 224 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
    #101 6 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

I do not wish to be contacted by you or your company again in regards to one of my ads."

Can you please add me to your list. Thank you.

#102 6 years ago

So they overpaid, got their deposit back through paypal by way of dispute which it sounds like you had no intention or returning. Seems like you got your asking price and they got the game and all of this is about nothing.

Sounds like both of you acted a bit like asses and could have handled it better. You lost me Dung when you told them you were going to tattle tale on pinside about the horrible things they have done. This is a hobby were grown adults buy 3-10K prices toys, some people take this shit way to serious.

#104 6 years ago

I lost almost $5K on a Predator pinball and didn't whine this much.

#105 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

that's interesting ... i have bought many items from legitimate businesses using cash. including new-in-box pinball machines from licensed distributors.

apparently "legal tender for all debts public and private" means that it can be accepted, but not that it must be accepted.

https://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/faqs/Currency/Pages/legal-tender.aspx

#106 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

this is a question that is easily answered by reading post #15 of the thread.
    edit: and the need for my response is obviated by reading post #67, doh!

derp. you are correct and this seems like a fairly easy to make mistake. I don't buy that a legitimate business does not do business in cash. When I was a boy my father was a commercial fisherman and we exclusively did business in cash. We would get these magical pieces of paper called receipts they were our paper trail. Still you can't keep an over payment (It looks like this might have already been returned by dung so this is really a moot point).

#107 6 years ago
    Quoted from dgoett:

Crazy how a shit thread gets picked up by the shit fan and throws shit all over the shitposter.
    **yes, I've watch Trailer Park Boys recently.

it's almost like there was a hair-triggered double-barreled shit machine gun, aimed right at the send post button...

#108 6 years ago
    Quoted from dgoett:

I lost almost $5K on a Predator pinball and didn't whine this much.

Can I see the post for this or did you not do one? That is crazy to lose 5k on a pin

#109 6 years ago

Ok Dung should send back the $300, but he thinks it is owed him sooooo --

If I were the Pinball Company I would send him a 1099 Misc and force him claim the money on his 2017 Taxes - all $3,300 of it - then Dung will be forced to file a Form C as a business and show the cost of the machine and pay taxes on the amount he made on it.

Now we are having fun.

#110 6 years ago
    Quoted from darcangeloel:

Can I see the post for this or did you not do one? That is crazy to lose 5k on a pin

You must be new here. Search for the Kevin Kulek/skit-b/predator thread.

#111 6 years ago
    Quoted from ArnieC:

If I were the Pinball Company I would send him a 1099 Misc and force him claim the money on his 2017 Taxes - all $3,300 of it - then Dung will be forced to file a Form C as a business and show the cost of the machine and pay taxes on the amount he made on it.
    Now we are having fun.

You, sir, are an EVIL genius. bwahahahaha.

#112 6 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

For those of you who say I knew the check was written for too much, if that was the case was my first reaction to seeing the check to ask for paypal instead. You guys act like i saw the check, saw the mistake and immediately said oh yeah free money because dung is obviously a bad guy.

So you were mad that he brought a check, refused the check, changed your mind and took the check, but never looked at the check?

#113 6 years ago
    Quoted from dgoett:

You, sir, are an EVIL genius. bwahahahaha.

10227056515_8cb331b0c9 (resized).jpg10227056515_8cb331b0c9 (resized).jpg

#114 6 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Furthermore you might want to remind our husband not to email veiled threats in order to intimidate people from posting.

I don't think the real issue is the $300. Seems there might be some jealousy because they're sharing the same husband. Sorry, couldn't resist. In my youth I was a typesetter for my dad's newspaper, and always had to be on the lookout for typo's.

Getting back to the topic at hand....Dung, setting everything else aside, being cussed out, the driver being late for the pick-up, the unexpected check, etc., if you had made an honest mistake, written a check for too much and then discovered it after the fact, how would you want the seller to respond to you?

Not taking sides, but if things were reversed, what would you feel was a fair resolution?

#115 6 years ago

pitchforks and torches, get your pitchforks and torches here

(cash or live poultry only, no paypal or cheques)

#116 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

I don't think the real issue is the $300. Seems there might be some jealousy because they're sharing the same husband. Sorry, couldn't resist. In my youth I was a typesetter for my dad's newspaper, and always had to be on the lookout for typo's.
    Getting back to the topic at hand....Dung, setting everything else aside, being cussed out, the driver being late for the pick-up, the unexpected check, etc., if you had made an honest mistake, written a check for too much and then discovered it after the fact, how would you want the seller to respond to you?
    Not taking sides, but if things were reversed, what would you feel was a fair resolution?

I think he stated that agreeing to a cash deal then saying their policy is no cash deals later is not an honest mistake. It's possible that the seller picked this buyer because he agreed to a cash deal versus someone else who did not. I for one, would still deal with either party, just make sure details are ironed out and followed, if I do and paypal protection\escrow for deposits is a good idea. I ain't buying their business, or morals, I'm buying (or selling) a pin.

#117 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballCompany:

Just to be clear, we have not yet received the $300 back and it remains in dispute status with Amex, which indicates that the seller has not agreed to the refund. "Yelled at, lied to, and cussed at..." Come on now... Seems a bit dramatic. I am sure Dung had only kind things to say to Nic. If someone was THAT big of a jerk to me, I certainly would not have done a deal with them and told them to be on their way.

This is a prime candidate of why I would be hesitant to do business with your company in the future.... not because of ANYTHING Dung has posted, but because the person that was actually involved is seemingly hiding behind his wife. Dung was directly involved...you were not? I don't get why you're on here trying to make these claims that you know nothing about firsthand. Because husbands NEVER bend the truth when talking to their wives, AMIRITE?!

I know you're trying to defend your perception of your husband, but in heated moments, we all do and say stupid s--t. Let him come on here when he has some time and respond.
    The only post you needed to make was "Hm...that doesn't sound like my husband, but I'll point him to this thread and he can respond as he sees fit." I mean....unless you're sitting on recorded phone calls or something and he hasn't deleted the nastygrams he purportedly sent and you have access to that account. Something isn't adding up here.

Is there anything worse than arguing with someone who's personally vested in the outcome of an argument, but yet was not privvy to the causes of it? It's like me trying to get the hundreds of dollars my cell phone provider owes me that the douchebags in the phillipines can't seem to get authorized but the dickheads in the store are the ones that promised it to me....but here I am yelling at some hapless fool over the internet over something they can't possibly know or verify that I was told.

#118 6 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

A price he was happy to pay and I have since watched two others sell for more.

Lied to, yelled at, cussed at. If he had been nice and said hey made a mistake this would have all never happened. Things happen, but he didn't own up to his mistakes. Instead he opted to tear me a new one and then demand something that was never agreed to. From the messages I have been getting on facebook this isn't a new thing.

Doesn't matter, a deal is a deal, he gave you the 3k you asked for now you owe him his 300 buck deposit.

#119 6 years ago

Oh the irony... STHAAAAAP.

#120 6 years ago

Crazy stuff - now, let's go play pinball

#121 6 years ago
    Quoted from ArnieC:

Now we are having fun.

Since people want to be spiteful, I hope they do this.

#122 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Oh the irony... STHAAAAAP.

lol

#123 6 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

DO ANY OF YOU READ BEFORE YOU POST?
    Dung has stated the $300 has ALREADY been returned via Paypal dispute!!!

Just to be clear, we have not yet received the $300 back and it remains in dispute status with Amex, which indicates that the seller has not agreed to the refund.

#124 6 years ago

If you were bothered by talking the check than back out of the deal. It's a pinball machine. Not sure how you do a chargeback on a check, that's a new one to me. Anyway so what he cut you a check. Did it bounce then move on. I think if there is $300 out there, return it you own him that. Keep in mind none of us a perfect. If he was a jerk just don't do business with him anymore. Trust me I have dealt with jerks if they act like that I just walk away. They will get over it. Bottom line is you took payment and didn't have to and so what if the deal fell threw? By the way people still write checks I do it all the time.

#125 6 years ago

The reputation of Dung is now shit.

#126 6 years ago

Why keep the paypal money? The fees on the $300 is going to be more than cashing the check will cost. Some people are never happy.

#127 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

I see what you did there...

#128 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

Why Cant I thumbs up and Thumbs down at the same time!!!

#129 6 years ago

I'm I reading this right
    Airborne was $3K, Dude gave you $300 deposit via paypal. Then on pick up dude, gives you a $3K cheque, reaps you a new one for not accepting the cheque. You deposit the cheque and refuse to pay him back his deposit so in other words you end up receiving $3300 for the airborne? Is that right when you simplify this deal?

#130 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Because husbands NEVER bend the truth when talking to their wives, AMIRITE?!

Can I get an AMEN!!!

#131 6 years ago

Hi.
    Does anyone have a Sinbad THAT WORKS for sale?

#132 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Hi.
    Does anyone have a WORKING Sinbad for sale?

How 'bout them Mets?

#134 6 years ago

I know everyone is bagging on Dung, but I have to say that if you show up and renegotiate a deal in person at my house after I blew a day to meet you and you took an extra 1.5 to arrive, then bring a check, and on top of it all you sent a minion to do the leg work and surprise everyone with the renegotiation... Then you want to ask for 300 back on your screw up...

Wtf!

Sorry but if you are a business, you messed up and should have just left it be as a 300 lesson not to f with anyone or try and pull a fast one.

Sure, dung 'should' give back the 300, but I am not going to fault him if he does not. Hell, i am thankful he manned up and made this post even though he knew he would get roasted for the 300. Saved me from EVER doing business with this nic character or the pinball company.

#135 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I know everyone is bagging on Dung, but I have to say that if you show up and renegotiate a deal in person at my house after I blew a day to meet you and you took an extra 1.5 to arrive, then bring a check, and on top of it all you sent a minion to do the leg work and surprise everyone with the renegotiation... Then you want to ask for 300 back on your screw up...
    Wtf!
    Sorry but if you are a business, you messed up and should have just left it be as a 300 lesson not to f with anyone or try and pull a fast one.
    Sure, dung 'should' give back the 300, but I am not going to fault him if he does not. Hell, i am thankful he manned up and made this post even though he knew he would get roasted for the 300. Saved me from EVER doing business with this nic character or the pinball company.

"bagging on Dung" is a messy proposition.

#136 6 years ago

Summary: Buyer tried to deal with dung, and it got messy. Brought the wrong paper. The deal should have been flushed. Counterclockwise.

#137 6 years ago
    Quoted from ArnieC:

Now we are having fun.

Except that's not what you can file 1099-MISC for. You don't use 1099MISC for payment of goods. Please consult a CPA before playing tax avenger

#138 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

It's always been synonymous with his handle.

#139 6 years ago

I was ready to support the TC on this one but after reading that it seems the guy paid him too much by mistake and now wants the cash back? Yes - it seemed like there were some bumps in the road but ultimately the table was exchanged for a check that cleared. The buyer accidentally sent too much and the Seller is going to hold it b/c he felt the bumps in the road were deserving of 300?

OK - the guy isn't a go-to for kindness but he financially he covered his commitment and then some and now that money is being held? I don't know man - people make mistakes. To me it seems like you got the cash you wanted and you should give him back the extra.

#140 6 years ago

Nic here...

I did get offended when the guy told me my check was no good even after he asked around and someone vouched for me. I usually get cash when asked but it slipped my mind. I was having a lunchtime issue with my son at Subway and was a bit frustrated. I did text him an apology. Got no response. When I realized the check was $300 too much, I asked for the PayPal money back. I truly am sorry for forgetting to get cash and for the way I handled the phone call. I can't remember a Pinside buy that didn't go smoothly so I was confident our reputation would be okay. Again, I'm sorry to have upset any Pinsider and I'm sorry the rest of you got dragged into it.

#141 6 years ago

Nic here...
    I did get offended when the guy told me my check was no good even after he asked around and someone vouched for me. I usually get cash when asked but it slipped my mind. I was have a lunchtime issue with my son at Subway and was a bit frustrated. I did text him an apology. Got no response. When I realized the check was $300 too much, I asked for the PayPal money back. I truly am sorry for forgetting to get cash and for the way I handled the phone call. I can't remember a Pinside buy that didn't go smoothly so I was confident our reputation would be okay. Again, I'm sorry to have upset any Pinsider and I'm sorry the rest of you got dragged into it.

Classy response. I wouldn't pay any attention to the tattle tales and whiners

#142 6 years ago

Nic here...
    I did get offended when the guy told me my check was no good even after he asked around and someone vouched for me. I usually get cash when asked but it slipped my mind. I was having a lunchtime issue with my son at Subway and was a bit frustrated. I did text him an apology. Got no response. When I realized the check was $300 too much, I asked for the PayPal money back. I truly am sorry for forgetting to get cash and for the way I handled the phone call. I can't remember a Pinside buy that didn't go smoothly so I was confident our reputation would be okay. Again, I'm sorry to have upset any Pinsider and I'm sorry the rest of you got dragged into it.

Case closed.

#144 6 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Classy response. I wouldn't pay any attention to the tattle tales and whiners

Very classy response. Let's hope he gets a classy reply and his $300 big ones

#145 6 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

DO ANY OF YOU READ BEFORE YOU POST?
    Dung has stated the $300 has ALREADY been returned via Paypal dispute!!!

850D6EEC-9B62-4E85-925C-88784BBC4C15-697-0000015170DDE8E8 (resized).jpeg850D6EEC-9B62-4E85-925C-88784BBC4C15-697-0000015170DDE8E8 (resized).jpeg

#146 6 years ago

Just to be clear, we have not yet received the $300 back and it remains in dispute status with Amex, which indicates that the seller has not agreed to the refund. "Yelled at, lied to, and cussed at..." Come on now... Seems a bit dramatic. I am sure Dung had only kind things to say to Nic. If someone was THAT big of a jerk to me, I certainly would not have done a deal with them and told them to be on their way.

#147 6 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

My post is long winded and everyone keeps missing he did a dispute and then did a chargeback. There is no money to send back, nor do I care. This isn't an attempt to get any resolution guys. The situation is over per say, this is merely a warning post for anyone who searches for the company going forward.

How about a warning when searching for DUNG. This post certainly smells of it.

#148 6 years ago

dung Regardless of what happens with PayPal money, come to Columbia and I'll buy you a beer. No hard feelings.

Nic

#149 6 years ago

dung Regardless of what happens with PayPal money, come to Columbia and I'll buy you a beer. No hard feelings.
    Nic

I'd say a mid range bottle of bourbon is mkre fair.

#150 6 years ago

Nic here...

To this I would respond.

Why the multiple emails in which you told me you are unable to pay with cash. I qoute your March 11th email:
    "Our accountant requires check or credit card so it can be documented."

And your April 16th email:
    " I was unable to get cash. I tried, but when you run a real business you can't just take $3000 cash out of the bank and call it an inventory purchase without raising a red flag with the accountant. "

Why in another April 16th email did you threaten. " The people who run the Facebook pages and Pinside are my friends. If you post there, it will only affect your ability to post there ever again. Please stop emailing me." After I had said that I was going to post this publicly and that you were invited to refute anything that you felt was incorrect or unfair.

Why was your last communication with me on April 17th "Fuck off!"

You are very polite when it serves your purposes, but did I at some point break our agreement and deserve your treatment? You have screwed up multiple times and have paid lip service only to get something out of it.

There are 224 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warning-the-pinball-company/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.