Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by poppapin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200816_123014 (resized).jpg
    20200816_100300 (resized).jpg
    04566C7C-9EC8-4FF1-A869-70353DEAD03E (resized).jpeg
    B420A187-C527-4267-A5DE-3CBB2F235F26 (resized).jpeg
    3C5CC132-2704-4BBC-9FE5-F71173B0310C (resized).jpeg
    7E626DE0-5F81-4A88-8C11-CE88F6EAB4E9 (resized).jpeg
    Debbie-Downer-300x300 (resized).jpg
    20200815_160114 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_20200815_125911596.jpg
    IMG_20200815_125900854.jpg
    There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 3 years ago

Long story short,my wife asked if I wanted to stop in a Hobby Lobby with her yesterday. I said okay, since she's always raving about this store.,I figured I can handle being bored for a half-hour or so. Right off the bat,she takes me to an area where she said I might like. It had all kinds of wall decor,that would look great in a gameroom. I couldn't believe all of the stuff I wanted to bring home with me.
    Anyway,I narrowed it down to a few items,so I wouldn't go broke.
    Check out the pictures of what I brought home,it might not appeal to your taste,but I guarantee if you go into this store,your wallet will take a hit!
    Now I can't wait to go back,and get some more stuff for my gameroom walls

IMG_20200815_125900854.jpgIMG_20200815_125900854.jpgIMG_20200815_125911596.jpgIMG_20200815_125911596.jpg
    #2 3 years ago

Yeah, you can go nuts in that store. I have so much stuff from there myself. The best part is there’s always something on sale. So if you see something you like that isn’t on sale, just wait a week and it will probably be 50% off.

#3 3 years ago

They have lots of cool game room decorations. You can also find nice pin mods there. I particularly like the papo figures.

#4 3 years ago

Yeah I love that place too. Get the app on your phone and there is always a 40% coupon. I've picked up a ton of game room decor and also a bunch of things for my living room and the master bath area. It is also great for paint pens and millions of other things and tools needed to restore pinball machines. They also have a great framing area. I usually have a poster or two from work or wherever, so I bring them in and get them mounted on poster board while I wander through the store looking for things I don't really need. Last time in I got a double sided frame for my BKSoR soundtrack album to hang over the game on the wall.

#5 3 years ago

I thought it was just an Arts and crafts store.Now I'm totally screwed after my first visit

#6 3 years ago

You mean you didn't find this sign there?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #7 3 years ago

I worked there for about 30 minutes years ago,that is until they said i had to also run a cash register,i quit and lost my 15% off discount

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

You mean you didn't find this sign there?[quoted image]

How much was that one? I see people selling them on Amazon for about 50 bucks.

#9 3 years ago

We just got one on sale 50 down to 25

20200815_160114 (resized).jpg20200815_160114 (resized).jpg
    #10 3 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

Long story short,my wife asked if I wanted to stop in a Hobby Lobby with her yesterday. I said okay, since she's always raving about this store.,I figured I can handle being bored for a half-hour or so. Right off the bat,she takes me to an area where she said I might like. It had all kinds of wall decor,that would look great in a gameroom. I couldn't believe all of the stuff I wanted to bring home with me.
    Check out the pictures of what I brought home,it might not appeal to your taste,but I guarantee if you go into this store,your wallet will take a hit!
    [quoted image][quoted image]

What No golf knick knacks?

#11 3 years ago

Been in there many times but NEVER bought anything. I'm not into reproduction tin signs that have been made to look old, as well as having the same stuff on my walls like everyone else would have. Nope, no way!! Keep buying that stuff so that I can keep finding and buying the original stuff for myself, thanks!

John

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Been in there many times but NEVER bought anything. I'm not into reproduction tin signs that have been made to look old, as well as having the same stuff on my walls like everyone else would have. Nope, no way!! Keep buying that stuff so that I can keep finding and buying the original stuff for myself, thanks!
    John

Wow, you must really be the life of a party!!

Debbie-Downer-300x300 (resized).jpgDebbie-Downer-300x300 (resized).jpg
    #13 3 years ago

Ok, how about this? I LOVE HOBBY LOBBY, they always have what everyone else wants.

John

#14 3 years ago

John is just jealous some of us still have room on our walls(and ceiling)for more stuff.

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

John is just jealous some of us still have room on our walls(and ceiling)for more stuff.

Arrrgh....your so right. BUT, I'm slowly working more into the kitchen, dining room and living room.....once those are conquered then it's the bathroom and bedrooms.......LOL. Just picked a old school neon the other day and the wife thinks it would look good in the kitchen.

John

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from Karl_Hungus:

How much was that one? I see people selling them on Amazon for about 50 bucks.

They were on sale for $24.99

#17 3 years ago

Boo. Came to read a rant about their shitbag corporate management, left disappointed.

#18 3 years ago

i buy small cans of lacquer spray paint from them as well as poster board for small stencil jobs.great place for craft stuff..i have bought material for our arcade windows from them also.

#19 3 years ago

Yeah you can crazy in there. Walk in there looking for one particular thing and then walk out plenty for a your game room.
    If you guys like cars and decor for the garage this is the place to go.

04566C7C-9EC8-4FF1-A869-70353DEAD03E (resized).jpeg04566C7C-9EC8-4FF1-A869-70353DEAD03E (resized).jpeg7E626DE0-5F81-4A88-8C11-CE88F6EAB4E9 (resized).jpeg7E626DE0-5F81-4A88-8C11-CE88F6EAB4E9 (resized).jpeg3C5CC132-2704-4BBC-9FE5-F71173B0310C (resized).jpeg3C5CC132-2704-4BBC-9FE5-F71173B0310C (resized).jpegB420A187-C527-4267-A5DE-3CBB2F235F26 (resized).jpegB420A187-C527-4267-A5DE-3CBB2F235F26 (resized).jpeg
    #20 3 years ago

Whoops, upside down but you get the point. Stuff for home movie room too.

#21 3 years ago

Be sure to download their app as it has a 40% off any single item that you can use every time you go. A lot of times much of their stuff is on sale so the coupon doesn't apply, but I'm always buying some modelling/mod supplies that are never discounted.

#22 3 years ago

You guys are in way less trouble than I am. My wife has worked there for the past 10 years and brings home lots of stuff all the time. Somehow, her huge discounts still add up.

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackjacker:Boo. Came to read a rant about their shitbag corporate management, left disappointed.

LOL I thought it was going to be about their illegal smuggling of artifacts, aka 'tile samples'.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/05/nyregion/hobby-lobby-artifacts-smuggle-iraq.html

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackjacker:

Boo. Came to read a rant about their shitbag corporate management, left disappointed.

Why? Pissed that they're closed on Sunday?

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Quoted from Blackjacker:
    Why? Pissed that they're closed on Sunday?

It's a bit more than that. Lots of places closed on Sundays.

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from canea:

It's a bit more than that. Lots of places closed on Sundays.

Agreed. They'd never get a penny from me.

#27 3 years ago

They are doing just fine without you. Can we leave the politics off of pinside?

20200816_100300 (resized).jpg20200816_100300 (resized).jpg
    #28 3 years ago
    Quoted from loneacer:

Agreed. They'd never get a penny from me.

Do tell? Unless it's political.

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Do tell? Unless it's political.

More religion than politics, but they are often tied at the hip and both aren't allowed in Pinside.

I already didn't support them prior to the pandemic, but the whole initially refusing to follow orders to close because they got a message from god to stay open was the topper for me. They put greed over health of their employees. They're on bankruptcy watch by the end of the year and I wouldn't shed a tear if they closed.

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from loneacer:

They're on bankruptcy watch by the end of the year and I wouldn't shed a tear if they closed.

I never even heard of this place, but that's some straight up ridiculous overpriced knock-off nostalgia crap, right there. Despite what people say about the cost in NYC, here in Brooklyn we just jack real street signs. Shit's free and authentic AF! Not to mention, we don't have stop at every goddamn intersection anymore.

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Can we leave the politics off of pinside?

You're absolutely right. Would be a shame if a few inconvenient facts got in the way of everyone's enjoyment of mass-produced tchotchkes. Carry on.

#32 3 years ago

They have cool stuff in there for game room decor

#33 3 years ago

Leave the politics of Hobby Lobby out of this thread.

With that being said, most stuff at Hobby Lobby looks cheap and is mass produced. If it's your thing, you do you. I prefer to have one or two unique pieces as opposed to blanketing walls with replication things that every Tom, Dick, and Harry are buying to be "cool".

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

With that being said, most stuff at Hobby Lobby looks cheap and is mass produced. If it's your thing, you do you. I prefer to have one or two unique pieces as opposed to blanketing walls with replication things that every Tom, Dick, and Harry are buying to be "cool".

Agreed. I haven't been in one since the 80s. My Grandma used to drag me there to buy her cheap supplies to make things like covers to put on kleenex boxes. Picture typical 70s/80s bathroom decor and you'll get the idea.

#35 3 years ago

They’re not going bankrupt. They’re business has almost doubled since re-opening after the pandemic closure.

#36 3 years ago

I bought some cool light switch covers from there, but I'm mostly with dayhuff on their other crap.

#37 3 years ago
    Quoted from canea:

You're absolutely right. Would be a shame if a few inconvenient facts got in the way of everyone's enjoyment of mass-produced tchotchkes. Carry on.

I know all the facts and they are available one mouse click away on a number of websites that do allow discussion of religion and politics. Just asking that we don't ruin this place too. Take it to facebook. I have refrained posting on pinside on a number of occasions and just let it go. I come here to get away from the bullshit that has permeated every other place in the media, sports, music and the internet that I go.
    20200816_123014 (resized).jpg20200816_123014 (resized).jpg

#39 3 years ago

Hobby lobby is great, lots of young hot moms wandering around.

#40 3 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Hobby lobby is great, lots of young hot moms wandering around.

Be careful not to offend Karen.

#41 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

John

Haha, my thoughts too

#42 3 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I am laughing because this just happened to me too. Wife brought me I said fine I’ll go in. The rest is history.

#43 3 years ago

As a restoration artist Hobby Lobby is great. Buy all of my Createx air brush paints, oil paint markers, India Ink and stencil material.
    New mat cutter, xacto blades and knives, occasional model rocket. Source for Triple Thick, spray lacquer, acrylic paint and brushes. Glad they are not open on Sunday.

#44 3 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

As a restoration artist Hobby Lobby is great. Buy all of my Createx air brush paints, oil paint markers, India Ink and stencil material.
    New mat cutter, xacto blades and knives, occasional model rocket. Source for Triple Thick, spray lacquer, acrylic paint and brushes. Glad they are not open on Sunday.

It's like Michael's on steroids!!

#45 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

It's like Michael's on steroids!!

Yup and we have one of those right down the street from HL. I buy all my arts and crafts stuff there.

john

#46 3 years ago

After reading this thread,I can no longer appreciate my recent purchase at Hobby lobby . The thought of someone else having the same cheap fake reproduction as I do hanging on their wall, doesn't sit well with me. Glad I saved the receipt!

#47 3 years ago
    Quoted from TxJay:

Wow, you must really be the life of a party!!

In my opinion, John throws one heck of a party.

-Rob
    -New product alert: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kahr-us-circuits/skee-ball-displays-redesigned-again

#48 3 years ago

The best thing you can buy in Hobby Lobby is a sheet of self adhesive thin felt to use as a shooter lane protector.

For $1. Would cover about 50 games or so roughly. Unless you also used to protect scoops and other areas. Boom boom.

#49 3 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

After reading this thread,I can no longer appreciate my recent purchase at Hobby lobby . The thought of someone else having the same cheap fake reproduction as I do hanging on their wall, doesn't sit well with me. Glad I saved the receipt!

Yeah, just like all those guys who have the same damn games in their line-up. Can't we all have something different and unique?

#50 3 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Yeah, just like all those guys who have the same damn games in their line-up. Can't we all have something different and unique?

I hear ya, one game at a time though......

John

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warning-stay-out-of-hobby-lobby?hl=pokerjake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.