Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 140 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Onwallst
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

the shop (resized).JPG
    Airplane_Rolex1 (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    DJflexvXgAExSDJ (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20190406_135441 (resized).jpg
    There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 5 years ago

my dots got tired..........................................

#102 5 years ago

Is he talking about the TNT Amusements shop here in PA??? Sounds like it! Todd

Quoted from NovaNut66:

Yesterday , april 12, 2019 .. Drove down to jupiter, fl. from melbourne ,fl. .. abou 1:45 hr. drive , to look at a game that i discussed with dave , the owner , about a week ago . Got there and the store is a mess . it’s a store front , in a warehouse district , office has pinball parts all over the place , games along the left and right side ... older games on the left ... newer stuff on the right .. new stern munsters game in boxes in the middle .. along with other stuff in the middle , and trade ins still folded up and half assed wrapped in the back . old games without the head , on top of boxes . the game i was there for was on a coffin mover ... no back glass .. looked in the back box .... 2 boards are missing ... he said ,he would get some .. his helper , cris , comes back with 2 boards from i don’t know where . plugs them in and asks dave to turn it on , while cris watches to see if any fuses blow ! it boot ups and only has 1 pinball ... he steals 2 more from a nearby addams family and i start to play . a ball gets stuck in the back of the game .. with the back glass off !! and cris can’t get the ball out .. it takes 15 minutes , and i give up .. Dave tells me , “it’s a project game “ ... i said .. “ you never mentioned that nor did eric , who i spoke with , when you said that you don’t know anything about the game “ I said “ where is the backglass “ cris said “ it’s in the office “ he comes back with the translite ..... no glass !! W T F ??? The playfield had wear , the ramps were epoxied ! the center ramp was held in with black electrical tape ! NO LIE !! i said “ where are the legs ? “ cris said “ they’re in the back room “ we go to the back room , parts room .... and it is a disaster !! shit everywhere ! he says you want chrone or black ... i said i want chrome .. he picks out 4 legs and i ask for leg bolts , and he says he doesn’t have any !! W T F ??. Dave left before this and i make cris an offer. cris says he won’t take that ... so i call dave make a higher off and he says ,he could sell the boards and get his money back . we were $100 off ...he wouldnt budge , after i drove there and the game was a piece of garbage , that i was willing to take and make it a decent players machine ..So , i left ....... basically , i want everyone to know , that the shop is a mess , his older games are pieced together ,to get up and running .. he cannalbalizes other games , to just get them up and running and out the door .totally Unethical !! by the way ,, he works at a car dealership in Delray beach ,Fl.... lives in a suburb of fort lauderdale , Fl ..., and the shop is in Jupiter , Fl.... I had a previous deal about a year ago with him on a Taxi ... that i will freely discuss with anyone who wants to hear it ... He trades on ebay as Wilddave28 ..PM me if you need more information . WARNING !!!

#103 5 years ago
    Quoted from toddtuckey:

Probably not, he didn't mention the guy saying "NOW GET OUT!"

#104 5 years ago

Is FLORIDA PINBALL SALVAGE still around?

#105 5 years ago
    Quoted from toddtuckey:

I don't think he mentioned Kurt or Willis at all. Blasphemy!!

P.S. Living is good!

#106 5 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Is FLORIDA PINBALL SALVAGE still around?

I don't know, I use to be facebook friends with him but haven't seen anything from him in a long time.

#107 5 years ago
    Quoted from 0geist0:

I don't know, I use to be facebook friends with him but haven't seen anything from him in a long time.

I don't think I've heard from him in about 2 years. Looks like he last logged in on pinside a year ago.

#108 5 years ago

I’m confused. This thread appears new but is referring to an $800 Mousin Around. Am I the only one without access to a time machine?

I never find deals like that in 2019

#109 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinless:

I’m confused. This thread appears new but is referring to an $800 Mousin Around. Am I the only one without access to a time machine?
    I never find deals like that in 2019

Good Dudes over there @ The Pinball Dudes .... Dude

#110 5 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Well, I am the idiot that bought the game in 10 minutes...Pictures sent to me, pending it working reasonably.
    I paid more than you offered.
    The condition, a little touchup on playfield and cab, and epoxy on ramps.
    Ive been in pinball forever, Chris has been a friend for almost 20 years, Dave and Eric too.
    Many games, never a problem, never an issue that couldnt be resolved with a polite call.
    Heres some pics.....[quoted image][quoted image]

P.S...
    This is my old Mousin' Around.
    It did oook on route but traded it towards another game.

#111 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

Dude, I don't know what to tell you. Put on your favorite Morrissey album and cry.

Preferably "Years of Refusal" - the best album he's done in the past 10 years.

#112 4 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

P.S...
    This is my old Mousin' Around.
    It did cook on route but traded it towards another game.

Got it Cody, Chris mentioned....Should be fixed up and working now.....any parts for it that didnt make it down?
    (ill be going down Monday, Likely to visit with Chris)

#113 4 years ago

we should re-name this thread.

“Florida Man Walks Away From a Great Deal on a Pin Because Seller’s Shop is Untidy”

Any other suggestions?

#114 4 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Got it Cody, Chris mentioned....Should be fixed up and working now.....any parts for it that didnt make it down?

I got to play a Mousin' Around at TPF and was not impressed. And I was disappointed. Two weeks later I got to play another Mousin' Around in the basement of a pinballer who knows how to set up a pin for maximum speed and fun. Now, I would like to have one.

You have those two plastic ramps? that drop the ball in front of the flippers. Try taking off the little trap doors on those ramps for a change in play action. I don't think you will put them back on.

#115 4 years ago
    Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

Paragraphs are your friend...

In defense of the OP

Quoted from youdontknowme:

hey nova nut. come back to the shop. and get your story straight.
    i'm chris. not cris. i told you, first question...there is a translite, no backglass. i told you this 3 times in our discussion live about the game. yes, 3 times.
    i also told you, you've never spoken to me, so i have no idea "you're a man of your words". that's straight out of your mouth. there was no verification you were going to come to the shop. the boards were placed on mousin' around, and i was instructed to plug them in if you made it in. that was it for me. there's quite a few games i was working on.
    and this is for both sides of this slamfest, and EVERYBODY that might drive to look at a machine...have someone text you pics before you drive. day one crap.
    3rd of all. and i'll be blunt: you were an absolute azz on the phone talking to dave, when you had him on speaker phone. night and day with how you and i were communicating in person.
    now let me tell pinside the WHOLE story:
    you spoke to dave and eric. i will not assume they didn't tell you it was a project mousin' around. because i wasn't privy to that discussion.
    you came in. i plugged the 2 boards in, that were sitting on the game, on the coffin mover.
    the game powered up, booted fine. even i was surprised. it was not a game i had touched in that shop, ever.
    you asked where the backglass was. i said "there is no glass, the translite is in the office" and i went and got it.
    the game went into ball search. of course...it was missing 2 pinballs. i plopped the other 2 in for testing. wow. slam a shop for needing to source some balls.
    so, the game booted, and it played. yes, dammit, it worked. we suck because of that. the balls ended up getting caught in the wrap around ramp behind the backboard. took me 3 minutes to find the shop magnet...and another 20 seconds to fish them out with that magnet. game wasn't level, of course.
    after you left, i fixed that coil issue. 1st time i have worked on that game. it took me 3 minutes...it was binding up.
    the ramps are epoxied at some screw holes. the center ramp is held in place by tape, a metal/plexi bracket will fix that pretty simply.
    the game was offered to you at $1000.00. that's not my price. you offered $500 after dave left. i said, "i know he won't take that, he has more into it, but i can call him"
    so you called dave on the phone. and you flipped a switch. wow...what a conversation. i'm glad it was on speakerphone. "i'll give you 500 bucks." "you ripped me off, i think, on that taxi game" "ok, i will load this turd in my truck and i will slap 700 cash on the table and load it up." it was craigslist live if i've ever seen such a situation.
    dave offered you the game at $800. i know he's losing a bit of money at that price. i know you're upset with whatever the hell was/is going on.
    as i said before, i'm Switzerland. i don't care. i will tell both sides of whatever and to whoever, how i see stuff going down.
    it's a hobby. and i don't know any of the backstory.
    but this thread? well, look at the downvotes....kind of sums up what people have seen in the average american pinball store location.
    oh, this might hurt, but it's not meant to...i sold that exact piece of crap garbage, hack job, cris had to hunt for legs, no-board housing junk paint dog pooping disaster missing leg bolts mousin' around for $1400 locally, about 10 minutes after you walked out of the store. ya...that POS went for double your offer, with little effort from me...remember again...i don't care. i took clear pics, sent to the buyer and the whole 9 yards. as much as i personally hate it, it's not 2008ish pricing anymore.
    and we have 300-ish leg bolts onhand. so don't fabricate issues that aren't there. i also showed you chrome bally legs. you were fine with them. why is our storage area such an issue now? now you'll make me keep every customer on the curb, instead of allowing them to follow me to see which leg set they would prefer.
    so yes, please don't come back to the "crappy" shop. you know...one where games are repaired. one where the owner purchases games as described, and i get to come in on Fridays and tell Dave how badly he was lied to about issues.
    and i'll post some more things you spoke to me about, concerning how Chattanooga pinball is such a beautiful shop to walk into, that will make people cringe on this website. sad panda emoji insert here.
    you were nice in person. but on the phone and obviously on the internet, you're a different breed.
    seriously dude. prozac. it's just f@@#&^%$ pinball. where i, personally, have met the best people on earth.
    get pictures texted next time. if that didn't happen, i'm the first person that will apologize for that. i'm there every friday.
    and don't be a keyboard warrior. it's just plain off putting.

youdontknowme used too many paragraphs. I would think about taking my business elsewhere.

#116 4 years ago

the game is 100% now. even had my wife drive south to pickup a new back glass. oldpinguy is getting something nice for the price. to be blunt, he can put this on craigslist the second he gets home, and clear $800.00+. but art's good people...i know it's a game he will keep until a nicer one shows up.

a lot of machines did come in last week, so it's crowded right now. here's the shop last month:

the shop (resized).JPGthe shop (resized).JPG

#117 4 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I got it from a guy in south florida and basically added yellow powdercoated legs, some misc color titan pinball rings and leds (plus the made in America still on from coin door). So I put $200 parts in it myself alone haha.

#118 4 years ago

the OP has gone into hiding. dot dot dot dot dot dot dot dot dot dot dot dot dot dot dot leg bolts.
    new paragraph....,,,.....
    the game is 100% now. even had my wife drive south to pickup a new back glass. oldpinguy is getting something nice for the price. to be blunt, he can put this on craigslist the second he gets home, and clear $800.00+. but art's good people...i know it's a game he will keep until a nicer one shows up.
    the OP was supposed to pick up a "project" pinball (missing 2 boards, no glass, not shopped) for the price he was given. it worked out well that he left.
    even with this "warning". and i'm there 1, maybe 2 days a week...and i felt THIS compelled to respond to the garbage this guy posted...here's the shop last month:
    [quoted image]

Now I see what OP was talking about, looks way too cluttered in there with all of those cardboard boxes in the middle of everything.

#119 4 years ago
    Quoted from NovaNut66:

Obviously , you supporters of Dave , don’t understand ... keep dealing with him ... see what happens .... eventually ..

What will happen? That we too will miss out on a great deal because of $100?

#120 4 years ago
    Quoted from twhtalm:

Now I see what OP was talking about, looks way too cluttered in there with all of those cardboard boxes in the middle of everything.

i don't mind taking the boxes away if it helps

#121 4 years ago

I just read through this thread and I cant believe someone would pass up a cheap pin like that. Congrats to the guy who picked up, and now has, a good pin to play.

#122 4 years ago

i think i would go into catatonic shock from being offered that mousin' around for $800!!

also, i read this thread title like he was warning the pinball dudes, aka anyone in flordia into pinball, about something lol (use Keanu Reeves bill and teds voice)

#123 4 years ago

NovaIdiot is more like it.

Anyone think op offed himself screwing up a damn good deal? He hasn’t shown his face on here.

#124 4 years ago

Dude (OP). You just described how my basement looks sometimes. Ditto for how some of my games look.

#125 4 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Well, I am the idiot that bought the game in 10 minutes...Pictures sent to me, pending it working reasonably.
    I paid more than you offered.
    The condition, a little touchup on playfield and cab, and epoxy on ramps.
    Ive been in pinball forever, Chris has been a friend for almost 20 years, Dave and Eric too.
    Many games, never a problem, never an issue that couldnt be resolved with a polite call.
    Heres some pics.....[quoted image][quoted image]

Art, you have a classic. Good job on landing that game. It is a blast. Perhaps some cool whites or ice blues under the skill shot lanes? For some reason I'm sure you will figure something out.

#126 4 years ago

Thanks! This will be my second one, and thats pretty rare for me.

I think Ill un-LED it and go incandescent, and then 2 sets of Pinstadium!....no, Just kidding.

I want to share ive chatted with the Op, and know him as a past customer, and he really is a good guy.
    There are some details behind the scenes to the story, that arent filled in correctly, and I understand his position.

Much miscommunication, as usual, and emotions...kinda hot these days everywhere, and I hope all parties are good.

#127 4 years ago

Are you fucking serious right now? You walked away from $800 mousin around over $100? Just walk away from pinball. You are way to dumb, stingy, and sensitive for this hobby. You took all that time to write that yelp review on here to start some kind of boycott, yet you basically got shitted on by everyone. Bet you will think twice before writing a yelp review next time.

#128 4 years ago
    Quoted from V4Vendetta:

Bet you will think twice before writing a yelp review next time.

That’s the problem and why he got shitted on this time and blew an awesome deal from great people, he don’t think nor do I believe he knows how to think. He might actually be academically shy.

#129 4 years ago

Where is the location in Jupiter? Does he have a website? Would like to visit

#130 4 years ago
    Quoted from pindel:

Where is the location in Jupiter? Does he have a website? Would like to visit

https://www.thepinballdudes.net/

#131 4 years ago

Crazy, I've been looking for just about any early solid state game for my Father's place that's at or under 1k. Seems like the pricing in Florida is even higher than Chicago! Am I wrong in that there seems to be a tight supply on classics in Florida? But if you want to buy a new Stern, they've got you covered there!

#132 4 years ago
    Quoted from catboxer:

Crazy, I've been looking for just about any early solid state game for my Father's place that's at or under 1k. Seems like the pricing in Florida is even higher than Chicago! Am I wrong in that there seems to be a tight supply on classics in Florida? But if you want to buy a new Stern, they've got you covered there!

everyone has you covered for a new stern . you will not find a working solid state for under a grand, normally. low desired EMs are creeping up to a $1000 for working examples.

they have a 100% Bally goldball in the shop for $850 bucks with an alltek MPU. they also have a working Arena, no sound, for $700.00. so get your shipping ready.

Pinball owners are holding their machines. the buyer demand is there. and the supply is not. because those same owners are still holding. no surprise there. there is a lot of people who are probably just thinking, "let's wait and see..."

i think today's values suck. but i don't control the demand. games i skipped on at $600 bucks back in the day? i'll skip the same game today for $600 bucks. but people are paying $5000 and up for the same damm game. it's a sellers market. it can be a buyer's headache.

#133 4 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

sounds like every dealer I have bought from for the last 30 years

You still buy from dealers here?

1 week later
    #134 4 years ago

a lot of machines did come in last week, so it's crowded right now. here's the shop last month:
    [quoted image]

Dang...I wish something like this would open around here.

Never heard of Pinball Dudes before this but like someone said, this thread is great advertisement for them.

Thanks Novanut66!

#135 4 years ago

Pinball Dudes just sold 10-12 Wood rails....Parts or restore some with an asking price of $500 for ALL!
    Where do you find games at $40/$45 each!!!

Picking up Mousin, tomorrow....Ill share pics if there is something worth a trip or PM....

#136 4 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Pinball Dudes just sold 10-12 Wood rails....Parts or restore some with an asking price of $500 for ALL!
    Where do you find games at $40/$45 each!!!
    Picking up Mousin, tomorrow....Ill share pics if there is something worth a trip or PM....

I may just have to drive up there, I haven't seen you in years Art
    Besides I need to talk to Chris about my computer.

#137 4 years ago

Ill get there around 12:30 ish...Perhaps some Lunch? It would be good to catch up.

#138 4 years ago

I'm expecting an important call from V.A. hopefully I get it early enough to get up there.

#139 4 years ago

This op is one of those guys that when he is buying beats up the seller to get a ridiculous low ball price. Then he decides to sell and list the same game way above book and can’t take the price patrol police comments. We all want a great deal but $1000 was a steal and to offer $500 was a joke. $800 was kind from the seller.

There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warning-pinball-dudes-jupiter-florida/page/3?hl=hawknole and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.