Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 140 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Onwallst
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

the shop (resized).JPG
    Airplane_Rolex1 (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    DJflexvXgAExSDJ (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20190406_135441 (resized).jpg

There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 4 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I can't believe you walked away from an $800 Mousin' Around.
    Chris

I was just about to call Dave and offer him more for it and pay for delivery to Allentown.

#52 4 years ago

Well, I am the idiot that bought the game in 10 minutes...Pictures sent to me, pending it working reasonably.

I paid more than you offered.
    The condition, a little touchup on playfield and cab, and epoxy on ramps.

Ive been in pinball forever, Chris has been a friend for almost 20 years, Dave and Eric too.
    Many games, never a problem, never an issue that couldnt be resolved with a polite call.

Heres some pics.....

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #53 4 years ago

I feel pretty lucky to live so close to Pinball Dudes. It is a great store with games lined up on both sides of the shop. You can go in there and play games anytime. Can play all the new games and get to try them out before you buy. I can just go in there and say Hi if I just feel like playing some pinball. I played a Big Lebowski there the other day set on free play. Eric and the team are great guys always willing to help out. Also great at servicing games.

#54 4 years ago

so pinball dudes gets what seems to be new customers from all of this,old customers give them the thumbs up..congrats on all this! OP ..job well done..

#55 4 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Well, I am the idiot that bought the game in 10 minutes...Pictures sent to me, pending it working reasonably.
    Ive been in pinball forever, Chris has been a friend for almost 20 years, Dave and Eric too.
    Many games, never a problem, never an issue that couldnt be resolved with a polite call.
    Heres some pics.....[quoted image][quoted image]

Great deal here!

#56 4 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Well, I am the idiot

I wonder whom feels like the idiot now.

That game looks great for the price. Very reasonable IMHO

#57 4 years ago

My experience of Pinball Dudes....

A while back (before they had their store), I purchased a HUO pin from them at a price that I considered to be fair for them and for me. It was at Dave's house and I drove down there to check it out.

Dave was out and his wife allowed me to spend as much time as I wanted going over the outer and inner parts of the machine. A few neighborhood kids were there and there was a warm, loving atmosphere.

Since their store opened I bought a high end machine from them and traded in a machine that I owned. Again, I considered the trade fair.

I didn't have time to go to the store, so Eric delivered the new machine to my house, without a deposit, on the basis that if it wasn't 100% to my satisfaction, he would take it away. I don't know of another pinball company that would do that.

As for Chris, I have known him for a while and, in my opinion, he is one of the nicest and most decent people you could ever wish to meet. He has helped me with this hobby many times, including times where I needed a part urgently and he would hunt through his 'stash' and even refuse payment.

My 2¢.

Roger

#58 4 years ago

I am so going to this location and patroning this establishment. I love locations like this, and anyway I can help support them, I'll do it!! Might be a while from the Panhandle, but next time in down there, I am absolutely stopping by!!

This might qualify for inclusion into Pinside's Best Threads thread.

#59 4 years ago

Side question : whatever happened to Florida Pinball Salvage?

#60 4 years ago

I don't post very often but saw this post and had to chime in.

I live nearby the Pinball Dudes and have had dealings with them. They have been very fair to me every time.

The shop isn't as much of a mess as is claimed. I've been to far worse places. They are just short of space so it might appear messy. The working games are all neatly lined up so this isn't really an issue if you are there to buy. All their games are available to try out for the public for as long as you like with no charge.

#61 4 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Heres some pics.....[quoted image][quoted image]

That play field looks killer !

#62 4 years ago

When flagging goes wrong

#63 4 years ago
    Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

OP is out of place, his only legitimate criticism may be that if I was selling a machine, it'd be in as close to playable condition as possible when potential buyers arrived, particularly if they're coming from out of town.
    Don't start fixing it when I get there.

I was thinking the same. I would expect a game to be assembled before-hand, or be told upfront that its a project machine. However the buyer should have asked for pictures.

#64 4 years ago
    Quoted from GLSP3022:

PM me next time you have a $1000 mousin around. I'll take it!!
    And I'm in PA!!!

And I'd be the guy passing you with the Canadian plates.

#65 4 years ago

I shared on the Village, that Mousin has a personal meaning to me.... the character reminds me of my father, who is not with us.
    I played the game for over a year in a bar, when released, after work, and owned one for 7 years.
    I just really like this game!
    To the Op, I would believe it is more that it didnt meet your expectations, more so than what was going on, and the 2 converged.
    I can even understand your frustration, but here, and on the village , its a Hobbyist collector group, as opposed to wanting a showroom,
    and business trappings that the Pinball industry cant afford and survive. Please, if reading op, dont take this all personally...its just Pinball!
    And if you are feeling old like me, heres an oldie that just made me Smile! Its Sunday!

#66 4 years ago

Don’t own any SS games, that “Mousin Around” would of been perfect.

#67 4 years ago

I think the OP needs to find a new hobby. I also have been to the shop where I picked up a project Flash Gordon at a good price from Eric. Eric is a nice guy and a good dude that has been around the hobby for a long time. Dave I've only talked to on the phone, but he bought a Teed Off from me last year, and was a pleasure to deal with. Paid fast and sent a guy over to pick it up.

The shop is cool. Just a typical working pinball seller's place, with lots of machines coming and going, project machines, newer Sterns and Bally/Williams games in great shape set-up and playing, and new in box machines sitting ready for sale. And a Big Lebowski there when I visited that Eric let my wife and I play.

These guys seem to have a good rep among the Florida hobbyists I've spoken to, so don't hesitate to deal with. And yeah, Art (OLDPINGUY) you got a good deal on that Mousin' Around. I would have bought it myself at that price to put beside my Bad Cats.

#68 4 years ago

Wait how were boards from an Addams family used to get a mousin around working?

Now...I’m...just...confused....

#69 4 years ago

lmfao if OP really declined to buy that game for $800

#70 4 years ago

Ill have to ask about that Addams!

So info seems the same for anyone reading, here is Chris Post in the Village:

http://villagebbs.com/forum/index.php?topic=41738.0

It has Pinscore LED displays. and the playfield was shopped with New rubbers and LEDs.
    (Ill manage the backbox)

There are playfield touchups in center.
    Two poorly done, but functioning ramp epoxies, which arent hard to clean up and improve,
    and rework center ramp.

Its a garage bound game, for me and the kids in the neighborhood to enjoy!

So, who has a center or right ramp laying around?

#71 4 years ago

I was at the shop last week for the tournament the Pinball Dudes hosted. I was really impressed with the shop and the generosity of the hosts. Great selection of games they had. Wouldn't hesitate to buy or deal with them.

#72 4 years ago

Oldpinguy, if you want a new lower ramp, PM me. I would be willing to make you a new one. Upper right and the middle loop around one may be doable also.

#73 4 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I can't believe you walked away from an $800 Mousin' Around.
    Chris

Hottest take on this thread.

#74 4 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

here is Chris Post in the Village

Wow! I didn't realize we were talking about that "Chris". When I read the OP post, I figured it must be some other Chris that I don't know because surely no one can speak negatively of Chris (K7 from the Village). Chris is truly one of the best people in the hobby bar none.

#75 4 years ago

If I could have bought that pin for 800 dollars I would probably tripped and fell running to my car to get my wallet. Holy crap what a deal

#76 4 years ago

Guys be nice to OP! His handle says he’s a “nut” after all! LOL

#77 4 years ago
    Quoted from DK:

Guys be nice to OP! His handle says he’s a “nut” after all! LOL

I'll bet he's real glad he started this thread...lol

#78 4 years ago
    Quoted from 0geist0:

I'll bet he's real glad he started this thread...lol

If he isn't, many of us are. We needed some good weekend humor.

#79 4 years ago
    Quoted from NovaNut66:

...What i posted was nothing more that a review of a place and MY experience and what i saw . just like Yelp !Chris .ur not being really truthful ... the boards were Not on the machine ! you got them from somewhere else . i am not a keyboard warrior ... i’m 64 and not real computer savvy .. and yes , you did tell me there were no leg bolts ... and i don’t believe that game was sold 10 minutes later ! sadly for u guys i have been PMed from 2 other people who have dealt with dave and agree-with me ... I’m Done

reviews are more than fair. but there's a need to have some details.

both boards were sitting on the game or on the stern box next to the game. i can't poop up system 11 boards and roms like magic.

we have leg bolts all over the place. seriously. i throw out 10 on an average friday because they just plain suck.

dave was losing money on that game in an attempt to make you happy with whatever taxi deal you did in the past that has you annoyed.

he sent me a copy of your text as well with how you would slam them to stern, pinside, craigslist, etc...after you left. i'm still sure that wasn't the same guy i was speaking to in person just 20 minutes before.

i told dave to "just relax, enjoy the weekend, don't sweat it".

then i get home after midnight, with good options...out of those choices i had in front of me, the dummy that i am, i log into pinside.

i have no horse in this race. i enjoy repairing pinballs more than playing pinball. i'm getting paid zero dollars for moving the mousin' around out of the store. i'm equally happy putting it in your truck, art's truck, a UPS truck, or the dumpster. it's not centaur.

but i'm going to spend some time on it to get it as good as i can for art to enjoy. my wife is driving 30 minutes on monday to pick up a back glass for the game.

i tend to think we'd get no thank yous for the game if it sold for $400.00. still, the best people i've met, i've met through pinball.

i'm sorry you are not happy. get pictures texted next time. other than that, this is a complaint about how we don't have leg bolts.

and everybody that texted me...dave gets 9 grand for addams family on eBay. ya...that's the world we live in nowadays.

#80 4 years ago
    Quoted from NovaNut66:

pinbum ... don’t know where u get your info , but u are WRONG ... have 2 motorcycles for the last 10 years ... haven’t sold one yet .... get ur info correct ! What i posted was nothing more that a review of a place and MY experience and what i saw . just like Yelp !Chris .ur not being really truthful ... the boards were Not on the machine ! you got them from somewhere else . i am not a keyboard warrior ... i’m 64 and not real computer savvy .. and yes , you did tell me there were no leg bolts ... and i don’t believe that game was sold 10 minutes later ! sadly for u guys i have been PMed from 2 other people who have dealt with dave and agree-with me ... I’m Done

What a sad, pathetic, little human being you are.

I’m going to write a Yelp review on you later tonight since Yelp carries so much weight, lol.

#81 4 years ago

NovaNut66 … Just so you know; I wanted to read your posts and original OP.
    But I couldn't. As stated; Paragraphs. Punctuation.
    I just gave up about 3 ...s in. This is the reason for my down vote.

#82 4 years ago
    Quoted from Squeakman:

It’s all good until he steals parts for another game and then sells the game with missing parts to you. I get this isn’t a big deal, but this is a supposed legitimate business with a business address. I would expect much more from that situation than a three stooges comedy so to speak (which this clearly sounds like). Now a guy selling something out of a garage for a deal I would expect that from.

DJflexvXgAExSDJ (resized).jpgDJflexvXgAExSDJ (resized).jpg

#83 4 years ago

I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue.

#84 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

wanted to read your posts and original OP.
    But I couldn't. As stated; Paragraphs. Punctuation.
    I just gave up about 3 ...s in.

Anyone here speak jive?
    maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg

#85 4 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Ill have to ask about that Addams!
    So info seems the same for anyone reading, here is Chris Post in the Village:
    http://villagebbs.com/forum/index.php?topic=41738.0
    It has Pinscore LED displays. and the playfield was shopped with New rubbers and LEDs.
    (Ill manage the backbox)
    There are playfield touchups in center.
    Two poorly done, but functioning ramp epoxies, which arent hard to clean up and improve,
    and rework center ramp.
    Its a garage bound game, for me and the kids in the neighborhood to enjoy!
    So, who has a center or right ramp laying around?

Wait this thing had LED displays and LEDs for the playfield lights and dude walked away at $800 bucks? That's like $400-500 in parts or something.. That's just even more insanity. I'd have been happy with failing plasma displays and burned out lights.

#86 4 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue.

Airplane_Rolex1 (resized).jpgAirplane_Rolex1 (resized).jpg
    #87 4 years ago

How is it bad that they were taking boards off other games to get it up and running for you. Seems like good business to me. Not sure how that is unethical. I borrow stuff from my games all the time. I put it back once new parts come in but I don't see it as an issue and certainly not an issue of ethics.

#88 4 years ago
    Quoted from darcangeloel:

How is it bad that they were taking boards off other games to get it up and running for you. Seems like good business to me. Not sure how that is unethical. I borrow stuff from my games all the time. I put it back once new parts come in but I don't see it as an issue and certainly not an issue of ethics.

Don’t waste the keystrokes. The guy is a whiny little girl.

#89 4 years ago

Have worked with Dave on a lot of deals.
    He’s a good “dude”!!!!!

(Dave.. you are killing me!!! $800 for a mousin’ around? What else you got laying around? )

#90 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jiggly_Martian:

Have worked with Dave on a lot of deals.
    He’s a good “dude”!!!!!
    (Dave.. you are killing me!!! $800 for a mousin’ around? What else you got laying around? )

No kidding.

#91 4 years ago

gee whiz, slammin' some pin folks that have immaculate reps among the Florida people. All I can say to the OP is dont ever contact me about anything.
    The Chris, Cris of Kris hes talking about has done me so many personal favors including when I was brand new on the Village that I cannot count them all.
    tried flamin' some good folks.

#92 4 years ago

OP, maybe time to change the title of this thread!

#93 4 years ago

I've been to Pinball Dudes many times...right down the road from me in Jupiter.

Great place...most towns would be lucky to have a pinball retailer like Pinball Dudes.

Eric and Dave are good guys.

#94 4 years ago

Update, for fun. Boards that were taken out, and placed to the side, are the original boards, and the game works fine.
    They were removed, apparently, to get to coil behind back hole that was stuck?? New Spring, Boards back, game works, problem solved.

JodyG, was kind enough to offer help for a center ramp. Playfield touchup and clear is easy for me, along with 2 epoxy repairs,new glass,
    and coin door replaced.

Comes with yellow powder coated legs.

Should finish out sweet and easy. Sorry the Op didnt see what he missed....should finish up to a very nice players game!
    I guess I should say, Thank You for passing this up!

Thanks Chris, and Dave! I appreciate the extra effort to help! Good people and a ton of games!!!

It will hang here a bit, may bring to the beach, or likely now my daughter and new Grandchild will be moving back and she wants a Pin for her house.

#95 4 years ago

apparently you have never been in a pinball warehouse. you described everyone I have ever been in to T. most OLD games are pieced together.

#96 4 years ago

This has become a great advertisement for Pinball Dudes!

#97 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinphila:

This has become a great advertisement for Pinball Dudes!

yeah reading this thread puts the shop in great light and the op in bad! haha

#98 4 years ago

I've had 2 great dealings with Eric of the Pinball Dudes.

#99 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

apparently you have never been in a pinball warehouse

This sounds like my house--today--after i got 1 pinball machine 3.5 years ago. Now i am 7 pins and parts.

I have pinball shit stacked everywhere

#100 4 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Update, for fun. Boards that were taken out, and placed to the side, are the original boards, and the game works fine.
    They were removed, apparently, to get to coil behind back hole that was stuck?? New Spring, Boards back, game works, problem solved.
    JodyG, was kind enough to offer help for a center ramp. Playfield touchup and clear is easy for me, along with 2 epoxy repairs,new glass,
    and coin door replaced.
    Comes with yellow powder coated legs.
    Should finish out sweet and easy. Sorry the Op didnt see what he missed....should finish up to a very nice players game!
    I guess I should say, Thank You for passing this up!
    Thanks Chris, and Dave! I appreciate the extra effort to help! Good people and a ton of games!!!
    It will hang here a bit, may bring to the beach, or likely now my daughter and new Grandchild will be moving back and she wants a Pin for her house.

you used paragraphs, that made it easy to read
    please consider using ..... next time

There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warning-pinball-dudes-jupiter-florida/page/2?hl=guard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.