(Topic ID: 257845)

Warning! Mirco not returning playfields and plastics.

By Mitch

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Have you been wronged or how do you feel about how he treats customers.”

• I've sent mirco a playfeild and plastic and never received them back 8 votes
      4%
    • I've sent mirco a playfeild and plastic and dont expect them back 2 votes
      1%
    • I'm never buying g from mirco because of this 95 votes
      52%
    • I'll still buy from mirco because I have no issues with his shady practices 6 votes
      3%
    • None of this matters as mirco quality is shit and he never addresses it. 56 votes
      31%
    • I love mirco he can do no wrong. 16 votes
      9%

(Multiple choice - 183 votes by 162 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
    31501F9A-9528-4881-92AA-D9E17991B604 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20191220-233554_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20191220-233545_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    Untitled document.pdf (PDF preview)
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 412 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.
    #301 4 years ago

I see the holidays brings out the best in people, including the Canadian's....

#302 4 years ago
    Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

I see the holidays brings out the best in people, including the Canadian's....

Pot meet kettle.

#306 4 years ago

If Someone deprives you of your property is a crime. If they are willfully keeping it from you is a crime.

#307 4 years ago
    Quoted from Syco54645:

And stern via his subsidiary. Not sure why he keeps lying about making stern fields when it is clear that he does. How would two completely different manufactures have the exact same clear AND adhesion issues???

Stern boards are sent to Rockford Silk Screen Process for digital printing, and then are sent to an automotive clear coating supplier in Crystal Lake, IL. Mirco does not make Stern playfields. I am not sure if Stern still usees them for some volume, but they used to have the Fun Company in Wisconsin make their boards and cabinets, but are doing much, if not all the wood routing and insert placement on the PFs in their own factory. It is just coincidental that both companies had suppliers that had coating issues at the same time.

#308 4 years ago
    Quoted from Trekie:

If Someone deprives you of your property is a crime. If they are willfully keeping it from you is a crime.

If someone driving cuts into your lane it’s a crime. If you walk against the traffic light it’s a crime.

You send in property willingly to an unknown person you’re taking a risk. I’ve lost this way myself, 2 pf’s AND an expensive mod I bought. Along with full pin payments and money gone. ($5500).

Not defending anyone, that’s for damn sure, and appreciate the heads up on this, really do. Crime committed? Doubt it. Poor business? Definitely. But there was always risk!

#309 4 years ago

I find very hard to believe someone would agree to lend someone a highly valued piece for reproduction and then agree to have the borrower keep the original piece. The lender is actually paying more to receive a copy since their rare original is probably worth more.

That's like asking someone for a Picasso so they can reproduce it as a lithography. The original owner gets a fresh lithography and the borrower keeps the original Picasso. It makes no sense. I send you a $500+ playfield and then you send me back a $500+ playfield but keep the original item that made you lots of $$$$ in the first place. Just really odd business model.

#310 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

I just find the word “stealing” hard to digest here - nothing more nothing less. I agree what has transpired between Mirco and others here is totally wrong on so many levels, but I would have worded the title of the thread differently, that’s all I’m trying to say.

Less focus on terminology, and more focusing on the problem at hand.

Quoted from Highclasspinball:

I have not done anything that did not follow our original agreement, other than things taking longer than expected.
    I will return Chris's items in January and will have the plastic sets available by that time, and if anyone else feels I have been holding their items for too long - please PM me and I will arrange their return.
    If someone needs a plastic set for quicksilver please PM or email me, same if you want to be updated about Indiana Jones playfield or radcals.
    I will have a new product line coming up early next year as well. The release will be probably in February.
    Thanks a lot to everyone who tries to help!
    Regards,
    Mirco

My guy....you’re not letting go of the fact that YOU fucked up. Instead, you’re pointing fingers (by stating you haven’t done anything beyond these set agreements). Clearly, YOU HAVE! Why don’t you just apologize, get to packin his stuff up, and move on? Do you even have his stuff? Why do I have a feeling you don’t? You think it’s alright that you ghosted dozens of people?

Man....I can’t comprehend what’s going on here. Mind blowing!!!

#311 4 years ago

It’s alright though. None of this is going to die. More people are going to come forward (before or after they get their property back).

It’s already cost you more than you can possibly fathom at the moment. Like an STD from an old Gf, You’ll continue to feel the heat of this thread For years to come.

#312 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

Wow all it took was 300 posts for you to finally agree to send Chris's stuff back.
    This all could have been avoided it you were honest and upfront with people.
    What about the threats of a lawsuit against chris or were you just playing the big man like when you threatened john greatwhich with lawsuits over classic stern repos?
    And any word on your clearcoat pooling issues?

@mitch...seriously??? Mirco posts a very positive message and that’s all you can do is find negativity. Give Mirco a chance to make this right. He wasn’t dishonest, a thief, criminal, etc. and does not need to return these items as that was not part of the trade deal. He is now offering to do this out of shear goodness other than the verbal agreement he had with @crispin. You started this witch hunt and got the Pinside mob going with all their pitchforks out with very little factual information and clearly without the ability to read. You ignored a very simple trade offer that was consistent and repeated in multiple posts by Mirco. This thread was on the verge of possibly destroying a business for no good reason. Everything you did in this thread including the options in your poll were biased and absurd. And then, without missing a beat, you feel the need to stir the pot again about a completely separate issue, the clearcoat pooling, which this thread was never about! Assuming Mirco makes good on their most recent post, I am going to consider this issue closed. The Mirco bashing, which was unjustified and never needed to happen in the first place, should now stop. This thread has seen it all: threats against Mirco, arrests, the FBI, credit card fraud, lawsuits, international criminal law, assault with a pipe wrench, death by fire, etc!!! The only good thing this thread did was maybe give Mirco a good swift kick in the ass to work at a more efficient pace and complete each project in a more timely manner. So maybe for Mirco and the pinball community this will have been worth it in the long run...time will tell.

#313 4 years ago

I have always said I will send them back. So no news or any changes in here. But not everyone did understand that...no idea why...

Regards,
    Mirco

#314 4 years ago
    Quoted from wrb1977:

whysnow I am glad to hear that as of now everything is okay regarding your deal with Mirco. I understand fully your points and that deals may have been done on a case by case basis. The problem I have with that is other than crispin, no one has shown they had a deal from Mirco that he reneged on. crispin had a verbal agreement, but even in that deal he already got his repro and may still get his original back as Mirco told him he will get it back but needed it longer in case issues arise. At this point Mirco may still fulfill his agreement with crispin. I agree Mirco is slow and not the greatest and most responsive communicator.
    Once again, can SOMEONE, ANYONE that has not received their playfield back, provide an agreement where Mirco says that the original would be returned along with a new repro???

Mirco made a repro play field. With regards to Quicksilver, it is a beautiful play field.

Why on earth would the original/donor play field need to be kept? What useful purpose can it serve after the repro is produced?

#315 4 years ago

I have always said I will send them back. So no news or any changes in here. But not everyone did understand that...no idea why...
    Regards,
    Mirco

That’s good to know. All those posters who said that the deal was for mirco to keep the original playfield should take note.

#316 4 years ago
    Quoted from wrb1977:

@mitch...seriously??? Mirco posts a very positive message and that’s all you can do is find negativity. Give Mirco a chance to make this right. He wasn’t dishonest, a thief, criminal, etc. and does not need to return these items as that was not part of the trade deal. He is now offering to do this out of shear goodness other than the verbal agreement he had with @crispin. You started this witch hunt and got the Pinside mob going with all their pitchforks out with very little factual information and clearly without the ability to read. You ignored a very simple trade offer that was consistent and repeated in multiple posts by Mirco. This thread was on the verge of possibly destroying a business for no good reason. Everything you did in this thread including the options in your poll were biased and absurd. And then, without missing a beat, you feel the need to stir the pot again about a completely separate issue, the clearcoat pooling, which this thread was never about! Assuming Mirco makes good on their most recent post, I am going to consider this issue closed. The Mirco bashing, which was unjustified and never needed to happen in the first place, should now stop. This thread has seen it all: threats against Mirco, arrests, the FBI, credit card fraud, lawsuits, international criminal law, assault with a pipe wrench, death by fire, etc!!! The only good thing this thread did was maybe give Mirco a good swift kick in the ass to work at a more efficient pace and complete each project in a more timely manner. So maybe for Mirco and the pinball community this will have been worth it in the long run...time will tell.

Actions speak louder then words. Hes been lying for a long time.

I do hope he changes his ways and becomes a more reputable buisness.

That being said I'm not gonna believe a post from a known liar till he proves himself.

Sorry if you blindly believe everything your told.

Sorry if in your eyes he can do no wrong.

#317 4 years ago
    Quoted from wrb1977:

He wasn’t dishonest, a thief, criminal, etc. and does not need to return these items as that was not part of the trade deal

Sounds like you have no idea what your talking about as he says....

I have always said I will send them back

#318 4 years ago

I hope we've all learned something from this experience.
    -mof

#319 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

Whoever wants their stuff/items back speak up now in this thread

#320 4 years ago

I spoke up in a PM as he requested.

#321 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

I can only assume Mirco is referencing his deal with @crispin. If Mirco is saying that he said this from the beginning regarding all trade offers, then Mirco is a liar, cannot be trusted, and I am wrong about him because he posted multiple times that he would keep the original. These were Mirco’s own words and would definitely be a twist if he denied them! Mirco...can you please clarify???

#322 4 years ago

think I have to chime in here with some truth.
    As this is mainly about the Quicksilver playfield, I would like to keep everyone aware here that the deal always is and was: I recieve the old bad playfield and the donor gets a new one back for free. I cover all shipping charges as well. Same deal for plastics. The Quicksilver which was requested in exchange for the donor was one of the first ones sent. So far the plastic set is not finished so plastics could not be replaced. Again, the donor plastics will remain here. This is the deal I have always offered, nothing else. Who uses the search option in the forum can find that in various threads.

Regards,
    Mirco

No, no you haven’t!

#323 4 years ago

Regards,
    Mirco

This is what I was referencing in post #321.

Mirco please explain.

#324 4 years ago
    Quoted from wrb1977:

I can only assume Mirco is referencing his deal with @crispin. If Mirco is saying that he said this from the beginning regarding all trade offers, then Mirco is a liar, cannot be trusted, and I am wrong about him because he posted multiple times that he would keep the original. These were Mirco’s own words and would definitely be a twist if he denied them! Mirco...can you please clarify???

One minute your on Micro's side against Pinsiders next minute your on Pinsiders side against Micro's.

#325 4 years ago

I have not done anything that did not follow our original agreement, other than things taking longer than expected.
    I will return Chris's items in January and will have the plastic sets available by that time, and if anyone else feels I have been holding their items for too long - please PM me and I will arrange their return.
    If someone needs a plastic set for quicksilver please PM or email me, same if you want to be updated about Indiana Jones playfield or radcals.
    I will have a new product line coming up early next year as well. The release will be probably in February.
    Thanks a lot to everyone who tries to help!
    Regards,
    Mirco

Well, doing the right thing after all other options are exhausted....your and your company's reputation is worth 100x more than a PF.

#326 4 years ago
    Quoted from wrb1977:

There was a bunch of different things said, all that matters is he’s willing to admit he is sending back the items and then following through with the promise. Hopefully the lenders will get the items back in January as stated and we are not back here in February. I do think since Mirco has now said he will send back the items we should wait to see if he sends them before anymore judgement is passed down on him. Good on you for admitting your going to make it right!

#327 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

One minute your on Micro's side against Pinsiders next minute your on Pinsiders side against Micro's.

I am on the side of who I feel is right...up until Mirco’s latest post I felt he did nothing wrong and the majority of Pinsiders were in the wrong. I need clarification from Mirco on what he meant in his latest post. If he flip flops on his own words then yes...I was clearly wrong about him. I’m waiting on a clarification from Mirco if he was just referring to his deal with @crispin...

#328 4 years ago
    Quoted from wrb1977:

I am on the side of who I feel is right...up until Mirco’s latest post I felt he did nothing wrong and the majority of Pinsiders were in the wrong. I need clarification from Mirco on what he meant in his latest post. If he flip flops on his own words then yes...I was clearly wrong about him. I’m waiting on a clarification from Mirco if he was just referring to his deal with crispin...

It’s more than just crispin, we know of at least 6 that leant and we’re supposed to have their items returned. This is what we’ve been discussing all along.

#329 4 years ago
    Quoted from Colehvac1:

It’s more than just crispin, we know of at least 6 that leant and we’re supposed to have their items returned. This is what we’ve been discussing all along.

I get that it’s more than just crispin...he’s the only one that detailed his agreement...so that’s all I could go by. The point in my past couple posts is about what Mirco just said. If he’s saying he said all along that people would get their playfields back that’s total bs. As recently as this thread Mirco explained that the terms of the trade deal were that he keeps the originals! If he’s saying something different now...wow. That’s why I’m thinking/hoping Mirco just meant his deal with crispin where he agreed to return the original to him and not his general trade offer. This was detailed in the communications shared by crispin. If Mirco flip flops within this thread alone on what they said, he clearly can’t be trusted and I’m an idiot for backing him and his words.

#330 4 years ago
    Quoted from wrb1977:

I’m an idiot for backing him and his words.

/thread

#331 4 years ago
    Quoted from wrb1977:

I get that it’s more than just crispin...he’s the only one that detailed his agreement...so that’s all I could go by. The point in my past couple posts is about what Mirco just said. If he’s saying he said all along that people would get their playfields back that’s total bs. As recently as this thread Mirco explained that the terms of the trade deal were that he keeps the originals! If he’s saying something different now...wow. That’s why I’m thinking/hoping Mirco just meant his deal with crispin where he agreed to return the original to him and not his general trade offer. This was detailed in the communications shared by crispin. If Mirco flip flops within this thread alone on what they said, he clearly can’t be trusted and I’m an idiot for backing him and his words.

He just posted earlier i'm sure he sees what is going on and this thread is really heating up.

#332 4 years ago

It doesn’t really matter, this was never about a witch-hunt, Mirco has stated he will return the items, all that’s left is for him to do that. Chris and the others would like an email with a eta on when the shipment will leave and a tracking number. Thank you Mirco for having integrity and making it right. Your words are great please make sure your actions are also. Others have said he’s made good on manufacturing issues so there’s no need for any of that in this thread.

#333 4 years ago
    Quoted from Colehvac1:

It doesn’t really matter, this was never about a witch-hunt, Mirco has stated he will return the items, all that’s left is for him to do that. Chris and the others would like an email with a eta on when the shipment will leave and a tracking number. Thank you Mirco for having integrity and making it right. Your words are great please make sure your actions are also. Others have said he’s made good on manufacturing issues so there’s no need for any of that in this thread.

I guess it wouldn’t matter in the end. I do think he was referring to what he worked out with crispin and in that case my position thru this entire thread will remain the same. If not however, it sure as hell would bother me that I was backing someone that is now saying the complete opposite of what they posted in multiple threads.

#334 4 years ago
    Quoted from Colehvac1:

this was never about a witch-hunt,

Yes I only wanted to share my story with the community and force him to respond to me, not destroy a reputation. Thank you Mirco for letting me know they'll be returned. There were a number of other people that emailed me and shared their stories and I'm glad they will be made whole. Thank you all for your support, the personal pm's and understanding. Hope everyone enjoys the holidays with their families playing pinball!

#335 4 years ago

Regards,
    Mirco

I apologize, I have no skin in the game, but need to chime in.

Micro - when some asks you months on end (and multiple times) to send their playfield back - SEND IT BACK.

No one is ever "too busy" for anything. You make the time or you don't.

It's lazy that you can't take 10-15 minutes out of your day to ship something to someone; especially when they were the ones who did YOU the favor.

#336 4 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

I apologize, I have no skin in the game, but need to chime in.
    Micro - when some asks you months on end (and multiple times) to send their playfield back - SEND IT BACK.
    No one is ever "too busy" for anything. You make the time or you don't.
    It's lazy that you can't take 10-15 minutes out of your day to ship something to someone; especially when they were the ones who did YOU the favor.

No, it’s a language barrier!!!

::rolls eyes::

#337 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Good news for you, Mirco has free parking at his offices and plant.

But I wouldn't' need to park there because I won't be buying anything from him... and I'm not required by law to park there.

#338 4 years ago

You should change the Thread Title. A "He said She said" with a language barrier. Hope everybody gets their stuff.

#339 4 years ago

Except it's multiple people against 1 person's word. Who also has been ignoring multiple pinsiders who were kind enough to lend out property to help the hobby in general.

#340 4 years ago
    Quoted from wrb1977:

But he already has flip flopped as he told @crispin the deal was to keep the original in one of the later emails Mirco sent @crispin.

-“Special deal” in this thread
    -Keep the original playfield late in the email chain even though it was stated a few times early on that @crispin expected the original back
    -Obviously returning it in January once I’m done with it.

I’m glad he has stated he will return, but there is no questions he has flip flopped on that decision.
    -

#341 4 years ago
    Quoted from Monk:

I’m glad he has stated he will return, but there is no questions he has flip flopped on that decision.

Or at the very least... been very unclear in his dialog here. It's really not that hard to address specific demands point by point... He goes on about blurring the 'usual' with this case, etc. He didn't help himself much...

#342 4 years ago

*If* pinsiders have voted honestly, Mirco should be looking at how his customer base is viewing this thread, his actions, and his future actions and clarity of communication, and the impact it will/could have on his business.

#343 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

*If* pinsiders have voted honestly, Mirco should be looking at how his customer base is viewing this thread, his actions, and his future actions and clarity of communication, and the impact it will/could have on his business.

Meh.
    IF the "ouch... my eyes"stadium guy can continue to hawk his wares here on Pinside given how he's been doing business... I'm sure Micro will still be here in 5years (assuming the pin-economy says up). Apparently he's so busy; treating people like crap and not responding to their emails is a fair business practice.

Actually; that's not really fair; I haven't heard that MrBrightLights has the same problem... so maybe I just convinced myself he's one of the good guys?! I'm so confused.

#344 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

If you willingly handed over something to someone- that’s not stealing. You gave them the item (albeit on loan) of your own free will. Stealing - is taking something without the owner’s consent. All you can do really is ask for it back - repeatedly if necessary as shown here.

This is literally one of the dumbest things I have ever read on Pinside.

#345 4 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

This is literally one of the dumbest things I have ever read on Pinside.

The dumbest - Really?

If you willingly handed over something to someone- that’s not stealing. True

You gave them the item (albeit on loan) of your own free will. True

Stealing - is taking something without the owner’s consent. True

All you can do really is ask for it back - repeatedly if necessary as shown here. Ask a local lawyer or law enforcement officer for the true answer according to where you live. Tell them when asking that this about a pinball playfield and a set of pinball plastics.

#346 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

The dumbest - Really?
    All you can do really is ask for it back - repeatedly if necessary as shown here. Ask a local lawyer or law enforcement officer for the true answer according to where you live. Tell them when asking this about a pinball playfield and a set of pinball plastics.

A criminal charge of theft (or larceny) generally requires the specific intent to permanently deprive another individual of his or her property.
    Thus, not returning borrowed items is still theft.

BTW remind me not to borrow you ever anything, since you seem the opinion it is now yours to keep.

#347 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

The dumbest - Really?
    All you can do really is ask for it back - repeatedly if necessary as shown here. Ask a local lawyer or law enforcement officer for the true answer according to where you live. Tell them when asking this about a pinball playfield and a set of pinball plastics.

It is hard to imagine that you are serious or just being an alternative advocate.

If you provide something to someone on the basis it will be returned and after time and several reminders it has not been returned what that constitutes seems fairly clear.

#348 4 years ago
    Quoted from T3quila:

BTW remind me not to borrow you ever anything, since you seem the opinion it is now yours to keep.

Where did I ever give the opinion that if you borrow something it is now yours to keep? Not what I said whatsoever.

#349 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

Come on to my car lot and I'll put a dealer tag on so you can go take a test drive. I'll let you drive my car. But if you don't bring it back you will be getting a visit from the Police because you have stolen my property because you are out for a test drive only.

#350 4 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Come on to my car lot and I'll put a dealer tag on so you can go take a test drive. I'll let you drive my car. But if you don't bring it back you will be getting a visit from the Police because you have stolen my property because you are out for a test drive only.

Cargument - are you willingly handing your car over to someone as a loan? False - You are letting them take it for a brief test drive to be returned when the test drive is over - True.

Micro has gone about the issue at hand here very poorly, but honestly is he really “Stealing playfields and plastics” ?

There are 412 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warning-mirco-stealing-playfeilds-and-plastics/page/7?hl=phat_jay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.