(Topic ID: 257845)

Warning! Mirco not returning playfields and plastics.

By Mitch

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Have you been wronged or how do you feel about how he treats customers.”

• I've sent mirco a playfeild and plastic and never received them back 8 votes
      4%
    • I've sent mirco a playfeild and plastic and dont expect them back 2 votes
      1%
    • I'm never buying g from mirco because of this 95 votes
      52%
    • I'll still buy from mirco because I have no issues with his shady practices 6 votes
      3%
    • None of this matters as mirco quality is shit and he never addresses it. 56 votes
      31%
    • I love mirco he can do no wrong. 16 votes
      9%

(Multiple choice - 183 votes by 162 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
    31501F9A-9528-4881-92AA-D9E17991B604 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20191220-233554_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20191220-233545_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    Untitled document.pdf (PDF preview)
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 412 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 9.
    #251 4 years ago
    Quoted from T7:

IMO Mirco is probably extra slow this year, dealing with the JJP playfield issues

And stern via his subsidiary. Not sure why he keeps lying about making stern fields when it is clear that he does. How would two completely different manufactures have the exact same clear AND adhesion issues???

#252 4 years ago
    Quoted from wrb1977:

crispin I truly hope you get everything back at some point. The one thing I definitely agree with in this thread is that Mirco is very SLOW in making repro parts...that’s not good business.

Thanks wrb, I hope everyone that expected their playfields returned get them back as well.

#253 4 years ago
    Quoted from wrb1977:

It is unbelievable to me how the majority of Pinsiders in this thread are unable to read and comprehend the simple trade deal offered by Mirco...
    It is crystal clear...
    MIRCO KEEPS THE ORIGINAL PLAYFIELD IN EXCHANGE FOR A REPRO PLAYFIELD!!!
    Everyone that is currently ruining Mirco’s reputation please read the terms of the deal in the threads that I attached in previous posts...it’s black and white!
    And still...NOT ONE Pinsider can show anything from Mirco that shows a different agreement other than the one above.

I dont know why you are having such a tough time understanding that deals are different for every single item it appears.

Mirco's post on an internet forum is not the deal. The emails, conversations, etc... are the particular deal and those are on a case by case basis.

I have emails with Mirco laying out the details of our deal. If hae been approximately 6 months and he emailed me back. So for now I am happy and wait a little longer. If he does not make good on the deal then I will put it on blast. Until then, just know that he has different deals depending on the person and pf he borrowed/ (how much he wanted it? how nice it was to start?)

#254 4 years ago
    Quoted from Syco54645:

And stern via his subsidiary. Not sure why he keeps lying about making stern fields when it is clear that he does. How would two completely different manufactures have the exact same clear AND adhesion issues???

TBF my last CPR PF had adhesion issues. It's not just a Micro/Stern thing.

#255 4 years ago
    Quoted from Syco54645:

Perhaps it is forbitten by agreement with stern, to say anything about this. Remember the sticker on the glass? Made in USA...

All what I can see: this story was sadly going in the mud. I can understand Crispins behaviour. But the thread title attacks Mirco disproportionately hard. It tells he is a criminal. The truth is: he delays very long personal agreements. Maybe he is overwhelmed with the playfield issues. He is also known in Germany for lesser customer friendly goodwill. That are maybe the matters of this plus the difference of language. Crispin is angry and want to warn everyone for Mircos bad business practices. That´s ok. But he is not criminal.

By the end Mirco shall jump over his shadow and show goodwill. Send Crispin items asap back to him. Customer relation is very important. Mirco learn this now by the hard way.

Happy christmas to all.

PS: I have no relations to Mirco.

#256 4 years ago
    Quoted from wrb1977:

That's the problem right there!! if micro can't make a repro in time or for whatever reason they need to send back the original playfield or parts back to the rightful owners.Not answering emails,phone calls and just falling off the grid is not an excuse,One easy word to describe this tactic is called THEFT.

#257 4 years ago
    Quoted from DerRoland:

Perhaps it is forbitten by agreement with stern, to say anything about this. Remember the sticker on the glass? Made in USA...
    All what I can see: this story was sadly going in the mud. I can understand Crispins behaviour. But the thread title attacks Mirco disproportionately hard. It tells he is a criminal. The truth is: he delays very long personal agreements. Maybe he is overwhelmed with the playfield issues. He is also known in Germany for lesser customer friendly goodwill. That are maybe the matters of this plus the difference of language. Crispin is angry and want to warn everyone for Mircos bad business practices. That´s ok. But he is not criminal.
    By the end Mirco shall jump over his shadow and show goodwill. Send Crispin items asap back to him. Customer relation is very important. Mirco learn this now by the hard way.
    Happy christmas to all.
    PS: I have no relations to Mirco.

Well you say you have no relations with Mirco but you certainly are a keen emissary. Maybe in Germany you have a lesser view of what constitutes criminal behaviour but after reading the experiences of so many Pinsiders through this thread I have the view that criminal is not strong enough to call out what appears appalling behaviour from what I would regard as an organisation of a poor and habitual lack of ethics, integrity and honesty.

#258 4 years ago
    Quoted from wrb1977:

It is unbelievable to me how the majority of Pinsiders in this thread are unable to read and comprehend the simple trade deal offered by Mirco...
    It is crystal clear...
    Everyone that is currently ruining Mirco’s reputation please read the terms of the deal in the threads that I attached in previous posts...it’s black and white!
    And still...NOT ONE Pinsider can show anything from Mirco that shows a different agreement other than the one above.

Quoted from Highclasspinball:

Yes there are some special agreements with some customers and yes, of course I will stick to them. In the quicksilver case, we had a special agreement as that was a redone playfield but so far plastics are ot finished. I will have them done in January so they are no longer needed. Usually the donor playfields aren't bad shape, very rarely they are nos or similar. The quicksilver one has completely off colors after the touch up. So usually it is not usable anymore. But that is only my opinion....
    Regards,
    Mirco

It seems people are dismissing Highclasspinball own acknowledgement that Crispins deal was “special” and “some special agreements” are done. There is no way you can look at one post stating the originals aren’t returned and blanket that statement for every deal. Highclasspinball acknowledged that, why can’t some of you?

#259 4 years ago

After reading all of this I have actually come up with a solution.

Maybe during the process the NOS pf may take scratches or other damage and returning it would be bad and just cause a problem between Mirco and the volunteer of pf.

The solution for helping Mirco make money doing this would be " You get a repro pf for sending in your NOS pf and because your original may not be in the same condition as you sent it in, Mirco gives you a second repro pf to cover the nos pf"

If you didn't want say another exact pf to cover the nos you sent in, then maybe a different pf from Mirco's catalog to cover things.

I would do this deal as it's beneficial for all parties involved. What do you think of this going forward?

-Mike

#260 4 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

The solution for helping Mirco make money doing this would be " You get a repro pf for sending in your NOS pf and because your original may not be in the same condition as you sent it in, Mirco gives you a second repro pf to cover the nos pf"

I can't agree with any part of that as being equitable.... First who in their right mind would trade a NOS PF for a Repro? Okay so the NOS may get scratched. All I can say to this is that you have just sent this to a PF producer, they CC as part of their everyday business model! So they lightly sand it, CC, buff and send it back. The hardest thing I'm having to understand is how many have posted stating they'd except a repro in place of the NOS, somebody help me with this.

#261 4 years ago

Mirco needs to return the items he has. As far as lending him anything in the future I would strongly advise anyone that does lend him property to have a contract in writing with him, not that it really matters, you would have to have integrity to honor the contract. If your in the USA and he’s in Germany I don’t see how the contract would matter other than to show proof publicly that the deal was outlined. Chris showed proof he was supposed to get his property back, with no resolution yet.

#262 4 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

I believe you that your situation was different. I would have 100 percent expected to get my playfields back also. I'm just saying that I could have made assumptions that caused me to lose them. I probably would have gone over the terms with him before sending but you never know what could have been.

Micro welcomes people to send him NOS playfields, but later in the post he only refers to KEEPING “used or damaged” playfields. Why the hell would someone send him a NOS playfield and want a fake back in return? Seems to me he probably has a different deal for receiving “new” or restored playfields.

Common sense people.

#263 4 years ago

I’d be highly aggravated with the runaround he is doing too. But I can’t say that I like the thread title, as I don’t believe “Mirco Stealing playfields and plastics” is right. I find the “stealing” part hard to digest.

#264 4 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:Well at the risk of starting a bon fire. I read what was posted by Micro and he indeed ask for PF's, original used/damaged or NOS; however, later he only states that "used or damaged will be kept". The post never mentions specifically NOS PF's again only damaged or used which to me indicates he had no intention of keeping a PF that is NOS, "undamaged or used". Ask yourself who would send a perfectly good NOS PF to him to keep, only expecting to receive (even if perfect) a repro PF??? The Nos would be worth much more in a game than any repro ever would. Compare buying any muscle car or anything else, original is king to vintage and plays a vital role in value. I think he is welching on his promises, IMHO. If anyone thinks it's a good deal to get a repro in place of a NOS in comparable shape, I may have a couple repro BG's I'd like to trade for comparable NOS's....what a deal!

Beat me to it. Great minds.

#265 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

That's the problem right there!! if micro can't make a repro in time or for whatever reason they need to send back the original playfield or parts back to the rightful owners.Not answering emails,phone calls and just falling off the grid is not an excuse,One easy word to describe this tactic is called THEFT.

Exactly.

This is NOT A LANGUAGE BARRIER. More like a HUMAN DECENCY BARRIER. You’re being a POS by not communicating with customers...no matter how bad the news is. You also have no right to keep someone’s property, especially when they’re asking for the return of it. Again, no language barrier there.

Oh, and we have this thing called the internet. Some of you may have heard about it...and this small company called GOOGLE HAS A TRANSLATOR.

Just sayin...

#266 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

I’d be highly aggravated with the runaround he is doing too. But I can’t say that I like the thread title, as I don’t believe “Mirco Stealing playfields and plastics” is right. I find the “stealing” part hard to digest.

If you lend your property to someone and then they wont give it back even when you ask for it what's that called?

#267 4 years ago
    Quoted from nerdygrrl:

TBF my last CPR PF had adhesion issues. It's not just a Micro/Stern thing.

Sure but does cpr have clear pooling? I believe this is unique to mirco produced fields. I still think it is a subsidiary, which means technically it isn't a lie that high-class isn't producing fields for stern. Otherwise why have no Elvira been affected by pooling clear? Only jp fields have been so far, and only a small number. More jjp games are affected. It seems like stern has decided to dip their toes in the mirco juice to see if fields could be produced with significant cost savings. Well as the saying goes, you get what you pay for....

#268 4 years ago
    Quoted from wrb1977:

I truly believe this is a case of people getting excited about a free new playfield and made assumptions or didn’t understand the agreement in regards to their original.
    @crispin was NEVER told he isn’t getting his original back. He got his new playfield and Mirco clearly told him that he needs to hold onto it longer in case there are issues before he returns it. @crispin seemed to get impatient and lost his cool.

What you believe is irrelevant. Why do have such a hard on here for defending Mirco and doubting multiple pinsiders? Why are you acting like a wanna be attorney, or an arbiter of what’s fair? Or an expert in “parsing”?

Have you even read the Quicksilver thread?

#269 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

If you lend your property to someone and then they wont give it back even when you ask for it what's that called?

If you willingly handed over something to someone- that’s not stealing. You gave them the item (albeit on loan) of your own free will. Stealing - is taking something without the owner’s consent.

#270 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

If you willingly handed over something to someone- that’s not stealing. You gave them the item (albeit on loan) of your own free will. Stealing - is taking something without the owner’s consent. All you can do really is ask for it back - repeatedly if necessary as shown here.

Once he ghosts you and doesn’t return the item, that’s stealing! Lend your items to Mirco and then report back here in a year and a half and let us know how it’s going. Mirco could come to this thread or he could stop ghosting the people he stole from and return the items and this issue would be resolved, I know of at least one person that hasn’t received an email of intent to return the items, instead he choose to email the person a legal threat, so he has no problem with language barrier.

#271 4 years ago
    Quoted from Colehvac1:

Once he ghosts you and doesn’t return the item, that’s stealing! Lend your items to Mirco and then report back here in a year and a half and let us know how it’s going. Mirco could come to this thread or he could stop ghosting the people he stole from and return the items and this issue would be resolved, I know of at least one person that hasn’t received an email of intent to return the items, instead he choose to email the person a legal threat, so he has no problem with language barrier.

Again, I’d be HIGHLY aggravated and would have posted about it here too if it had happened to me. But this is not “stealing” without the owners consent.

#272 4 years ago

I have no skin in this - BUT - why does Micro even need to "hang onto" any playfield or plastic set? All he should need is to hi-res scan of the original and he can simply return it.

Sounds like there is a different motive going on here (like selling a NOS one for profits?).

#273 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

Again, I’d be highly aggravated and would have posted about it here too if it had happened to me. But this is not “stealing” without the owners consent.

Ok I have a pinball machine here that was willingly given to me to fix up for a friend.

If i decide to keep it even if he asks for it back that's ok then as he gave it to me willingly?

Do you have any pins or maybe a car I can borrow. I swear I'll give it back someday.

#274 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

Again, I’d be highly aggravated and would have posted about it here too if it had happened to me. But this is not “stealing” without the owners consent.

Again, Mirco is not responding, but once email proof was posted here he had no problem threatening Chrispin By email with a lawsuit. It goes back to integrity, there’s none. And this thread just keeps burning.

#275 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

Again, I’d be HIGHLY aggravated and would have posted about it here too if it had happened to me. But this is not “stealing” without the owners consent.

You want to play semantics on what stealing is? Cmon man....

#276 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

If you willingly handed over something to someone- that’s not stealing. You gave them the item (albeit on loan) of your own free will.

So under your definition allowing someone to use your car (albeit on loan) as you say, would not constitute theft if they just decide to not return your vehicle all because you loaned it to them of your own free will. Perhaps not theft in the car case but certainly a crime even if just joy riding. I have a hard time with that premise.

#277 4 years ago
    Quoted from wrb1977:

crispin I truly hope you get everything back at some point. The one thing I definitely agree with in this thread is that Mirco is very SLOW in making repro parts...that’s not good business.

Wow the understatement of the day.

#278 4 years ago

Mirco highclassplayfields still has the personal property of many pinsiders, some for well over a year, in the case of quicksilver we know he finished the project, so at least in that case he needs to return the playfield he has not done so or even made arrangements to do so. I would call that theft!

#279 4 years ago

I just find the word “stealing” hard to digest here - nothing more nothing less. I agree what has transpired between Mirco and others here is totally wrong on so many levels, but I would have worded the title of the thread differently, that’s all I’m trying to say.

#280 4 years ago

"Stealing" is harsh i agree. (sarcasm)
    Appropriate for the season?

#281 4 years ago

What happens if I rent a car for three days when I’m on vacation, and I don’t return it for 6 months? Does the rental company file a report with the police for “slow returning”?

#282 4 years ago

The poll that was included in this thread does not help your case.
    I understand you are frustrated, but can we dial down the linguistic bias?
    Oh my goodness, the choices are so incredibly polarizing...(edited)
    In all sincerity, I hope this can all be resolved.

#283 4 years ago

This was bound to happen considering the way mirco was handling his business and especially when it comes to Chris QS Playfield & plastics. The way things went down have been brought to light and now everyone can make up their own minds. Maybe now mirco will change for the better in how he deals with people. As for Chris anyone that knows him knows he is the last guy to bash anyone and goes above & beyond to avoid situations like this where he was basically out of options and was being called out on the carpet to explain his bad experience.

#284 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

If you willingly handed over something to someone- that’s not stealing. You gave them the item (albeit on loan) of your own free will. Stealing - is taking something without the owner’s consent. All you can do really is ask for it back - repeatedly if necessary as shown here.

I’m going with Theft by Deception.

#285 4 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

After reading all of this I have actually come up with a solution.
    Maybe during the process the NOS pf may take scratches or other damage and returning it would be bad and just cause a problem between Mirco and the volunteer of pf.
    If you didn't want say another exact pf to cover the nos you sent in, then maybe a different pf from Mirco's catalog to cover things.
    I would do this deal as it's beneficial for all parties involved. What do you think of this going forward?
    -Mike

If you have a nos pf... most dont want a reproduction in its place. They'd like a repo as compensation for helping... but want their NOS item ... not trade it down for a reproduction.

The repo is always a repo...

#286 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Micro welcomes people to send him NOS playfields, but later in the post he only refers to KEEPING “used or damaged” playfields. Why the hell would someone send him a NOS playfield and want a fake back in return? Seems to me he probably has a different deal for receiving “new” or restored playfields.
    Common sense people.

Common sense? Your comment makes no sense in context to what I was saying.

#287 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

If you lend your buddy your truck to pick up a pin, and he never gives back your truck, then are you saying your only recourse would be to ask again? Thinks again. That’s theft.

The old idea of possession is 9/10’s of the law isn’t true. If property ownership can be proved then it’s theft once the owner demands it back.

#288 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

I just find the word “stealing” hard to digest here

Quoted from EdisonArcade:

"Stealing" is harsh i agree. (sarcasm)

How about fraud.

31501F9A-9528-4881-92AA-D9E17991B604 (resized).jpeg31501F9A-9528-4881-92AA-D9E17991B604 (resized).jpeg
    #289 4 years ago
    Quoted from bkaelin:

The poll that was included in this thread does not help your case.
    I understand you are frustrated, but can we dial down the linguistic bias?
    Oh my goodness, the choices are so incredibly polarizing...way worse than any of the "surveys" the Trump administration distributes....and that is saying something.
    In all sincerity, I hope this can all be resolved.

Wow, downvotes for simply pointing out that the poll was a biased, polarizing, and counterproductive?
    Or was it because I mentioned Trump?

Stay classy pinside.

#290 4 years ago
    Quoted from bkaelin:

Or was it because I mentioned Trump?

Possibly. No politics remember? Some people just can't help themselves though right?

#291 4 years ago

We actually don’t know what the motives are, in fact we don’t care, just send back the items so these collectors can finish up their games and move on with life, I highly doubt there will be too many pinsiders that are going to contribute to Mirco in the future, it’s very unfortunate, as someone that restores games what his business provides is needed, unfortunately People like Mirco usually blame the community instead of themselves for stuff like this, we as collectors get punished because he will fold up and stop making the needed items, it’s a lose lose situation.

#292 4 years ago
    Quoted from bkaelin:

Or was it because I mentioned

I’ve had moderation notices for using that 5 letter word before.

#293 4 years ago
    Quoted from LongJohns:

I have no skin in this - BUT - why does Micro even need to "hang onto" any playfield or plastic set? All he should need is to hi-res scan of the original and he can simply return it.
    Sounds like there is a different motive going on here (like selling a NOS one for profits?).

This is a great point. Beyond scanning the playfield what would he possibly need to keep it for? Scan it, send it back.

#294 4 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

The repo is always a repo...

And a repro is always a repro....

#295 4 years ago

It’s not stealing, it’s an unexpected transfer of ownership. So simple.

#296 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I dont know why you are having such a tough time understanding that deals are different for every single item it appears.
    Mirco's post on an internet forum is not the deal. The emails, conversations, etc... are the particular deal and those are on a case by case basis.
    I have emails with Mirco laying out the details of our deal. If hae been approximately 6 months and he emailed me back. So for now I am happy and wait a little longer. If he does not make good on the deal then I will put it on blast. Until then, just know that he has different deals depending on the person and pf he borrowed/ (how much he wanted it? how nice it was to start?)

Whysnow I am glad to hear that as of now everything is okay regarding your deal with Mirco. I understand fully your points and that deals may have been done on a case by case basis. The problem I have with that is other than @crispin, no one has shown they had a deal from Mirco that he reneged on. Crispin had a verbal agreement, but even in that deal he already got his repro and may still get his original back as Mirco told him he will get it back but needed it longer in case issues arise. At this point Mirco may still fulfill his agreement with @crispin. I agree Mirco is slow and not the greatest and most responsive communicator.

Once again, can SOMEONE, ANYONE that has not received their playfield back, provide an agreement where Mirco says that the original would be returned along with a new repro???

#297 4 years ago

I have not done anything that did not follow our original agreement, other than things taking longer than expected.
    I will return Chris's items in January and will have the plastic sets available by that time, and if anyone else feels I have been holding their items for too long - please PM me and I will arrange their return.

If someone needs a plastic set for quicksilver please PM or email me, same if you want to be updated about Indiana Jones playfield or radcals.

I will have a new product line coming up early next year as well. The release will be probably in February.

Thanks a lot to everyone who tries to help!

Regards,
    Mirco

#298 4 years ago

Crispin encouraging news above!

#299 4 years ago

Wow all it took was 300 posts for you to finally agree to send Chris's stuff back.

This all could have been avoided it you were honest and upfront with people.

What about the threats of a lawsuit against chris or were you just playing the big man like when you threatened john greatwhich with lawsuits over classic stern repos?

And any word on your clearcoat pooling issues?

#300 4 years ago
    Quoted from wrb1977:

crispin encouraging news above!

Talk is cheap.

There are 412 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warning-mirco-stealing-playfeilds-and-plastics/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.