(Topic ID: 108360)

WARNING: Mad Amusements (aka *pinballparts* on ebay)

By Powerzone

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,029 posts
  • 260 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by vdojaq
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20210529-173857_DuckDuckGo (resized).jpg
    F1069115-3749-4A13-B1DD-77AB60CC122A (resized).jpeg
    Capture #368 - 'Bumper Action Amusements Australia owes 79 WOZ Games or refund! I Pinside Forum' - pinside_com_pinball_forum_top
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20161227_014012 (resized).png
    BoneyM-Bump2_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Mike_Ducker_(resized).JPG
    2016-01-19_20_26_54-All_Pinball___Pinside_Forum_(resized).jpg
    2016-01-19_20_23_44-All_Pinball___Pinside_Forum_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Untitled_(resized).png
    image.jpg
    DSC_0311.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

21 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #59 List of multiple similar threads. Posted by vid1900 (9 years ago)

Post #179 This worked for one victim. Posted by Pintucky (9 years ago)

Post #185 Link to Ocean County consumer affairs complaint form. Posted by Pintucky (9 years ago)

Post #196 List of victims. Posted by Crash (9 years ago)

Post #258 Alternate business entity. Avoid Posted by Daddy-o (9 years ago)

Post #279 Phone number (old?) Posted by meSz (9 years ago)

Post #317 Name of one investigator from one location. Posted by Doostur (9 years ago)

Post #328 Link to news article about winning lottery. Posted by Doostur (9 years ago)

Post #471 Original eBay user name Posted by ForceFlow (8 years ago)

Post #516 Report from unpaid supplier Posted by topnotchpin (8 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider powerzone.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Dear All

Here another warning.
    I am from outside the USA and bought some articles from Mad-Amusements.
    As long as I did send any money, I had a good, fast and very nice contact to JD, from Mad Amusements. Since I sent money truth wire transfer, I never heared anything more from him. That is one month ago. I wrote several E-Mails, several phone calls, without any success.

Is there some possibility for me?

regards

#10 9 years ago

Dear all

I dont want to read here anything about good experiences. That is the reason why I believed it will work.
    So once again
    DONT SEND ANY MONEY TO MAD-AMUSEMENTS!

Further I was asking for any possibility for me. Is there? We are talking about 1200USD.

regards

#86 9 years ago

Thank you all for your answers.
    It is not a misunderstanding. He does not answer my E-Mail's, dont call me back, does not answer my messages sent truth his website, canceled my account. All that since 4 weeks.

Do I have a chance to get in contact with the police there? I am doing some research at the moment.

regards

#90 9 years ago

Thank you!

I opened a new account with different E-Mail adress and wrote him a message.
    No answer.
    30 min. later my account does not longer exist!

I started some surveys in some Forum with the title: "Cheated by Mad-Amusements?"
    I will see how many answers and maybe we become strong enough to do something.
    Further I am getting in contact with some suppliers.

To be continued...

How does that work in the USA with the police? Is it better to call them, or to write E-Mail? Letter?

#134 9 years ago

WOW!

Thank you all for your support!
    Did several phonecalls to Horrormike! No answer.

Had a phonecall with my Bank here. They told me, I can demand my money back. But his Bank will not give it out, without consent from the owner. So it will not work.
    With that answer from my Bank I was not satisfied and after further discussion and research she told me that I have made this transaction by SWIFT, thats a SWIFT-transaction and there exists some international rules for it.
    So I have to go to my local policedepartment and "tell them the case" (sorry, I am not able to explain it better, because my english language). They will give me a for/confirmation, which I have to bring to my Bank. My Bank will than get in contact with the Bank from Horrormike. And it will not be so easy for him to explain what was going on, especially when I am not the only one who does that!!

#138 9 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Translated: sounds like you're filing a police report, and they will give you an affidavit that you can take to your bank, at which point they'll open a case with his bank. If he doesn't answer THEM, chances are you'll get your money back by default.

Exactly!

#142 9 years ago
    Quoted from inhomearcades:

doubt that will happen. I have been screwed with wire transfers before and short of a court order, I don't think they would do anything. Your time is best spent going through proper local US channels. I sent an email to mike as well stating the support for international sellers has pushed me away from using his site. I have gotten him on the phone about a year ago and may try to call him as well.

One US channel I did today, and I will use every of them, but one by one! At least that will bring him in a very uncomfortable situation over a longer period.

And please note; I am not talking about the 1200USD, I am talking about the feeling to be cheatet!
    Over the last 18 years I bought goods from around the world for more than 60'000 USD! In all that time I never had one problem!
    Till now... but for me it is not any problem to invest some time from me! Even when I have to invest further more money, I will.

#144 9 years ago

Do you happen to have a list of the parts you ordered? I am curious to see if we can locate them elsewhere for you.

Thank you so much for your support.
    But that is not necessary. If some different people give something, so would the shipping and import costs be very high.
    But thank you for your nice offer.

regards
    Christian

#147 9 years ago
    Quoted from pins4fun:

I'm not saying that Mike is guilty as charged, but it would help everyone, including Mike, if Mike would come here and state his side of the story too.

Hm, why here? When he would answer an treat me fair, this thread would not exist.
    At first I did worry me, I was thinking "oh, what is, when he is sick? And that is the reason why he dont answer?"
    But after my new account was blocked/deleted... That was not a possibility.

#150 9 years ago
    Quoted from pins4fun:

Why here? Because arbitration (although not a court-appointed process in this particular case) may actually work better than litigation (especially in cases of of international nature whereas rules and laws governing international trade may not fully dove-tail and may not be mutually enforceable) and that everyone who's already heard your side of the story gets to hear the other side of the story too, as an added benefit. If I'm not mistaken, Mike joined other such threads in the past and made good on some of his problems. What could be sweeter and more desirable than that?

I understand what you are meaning. And I agree, everyone has the right, to tell his view of the story.
    So maybe he will answer here, I hope so.

1 week later
    #167 9 years ago

Did some action.
    No response.
    Next step I will do this weekend.

regards
    Christian

#175 9 years ago

Dear all

Could you propose me a lawyer there?

regards
    Christian

#177 9 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

unfortunately, and I mean this in the nicest way possible, I think you are wasting your time. good luck either way.

For me it is not a waste of time.
    I take it as a experience, till now I learned a lot of new things and it is still going on. I enjoy to handle this case, also when I have to invest more money, that is not a problem for me.

regards
    Christian

#180 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pintucky:

Christian, I think a lawyer would cost you far more than the amount of money you are potentially losing. If you lived here in the States, you could file against him in Small Claims Court. Very inexpensive and you can act as your own lawyer. But since this is impractical, I propose this: Go into the 'Search' spot on this forum and look up one of the latest Mad Amusements LONG threads. About a year ago, I posted the procedure it takes to go through authorities there in Brick, New Jersey to get your money. The info tells you what forms to get and what office to get them from and where to send. I am in a rush right now to go somewhere or I would do it for you. It worked for a friend in Italy. See if you can find that and proceed from there. You will need to go to your bank of origin and get your SWIFT account transaction, and ask for the routing number of the receiving bank in New Jersey. The routing number is the bank's federal recognition number or identification number. All banks here have one and they have 9 digits. Once you get your copy of the SWIFT transaction you can download those forms (I posted it on that thread) to file with the local Business Complaints office.

Dear Pintucky

Thank you very much for that structured and clear information. That is the kind of information I was looking for.
    And I will tell you once again: It is not my highest priotity to get my money back. I lost a lot more money in other cases, but I was never cheatet. To be cheatet is something new for me. But this also is since 2 weeks no longer a problem for me. Since 3 weeks I have a new very interesting job, earn more money and here began the winter. So can not do my summerhobbies anymore these times and pinball restauration I cant'do also! (Maybe you remember, I am since some weeks waiting for a lot of pinballparts).
    In our region we say; If you know something about a problem and you dont something against it, than you are a part of the problem itself.
    If I have to invest two or three thousand dollars and I can stop that cheater, I would be very happy and proud.

To be continued...

regards
    Christian

#181 9 years ago

Next time I make my way to the alps, your getting a few beers on me.

Hehe

Thanks!
    But every sympathic pinball enthusiast who come nearby of mine, is invitet from me for some beers!

#198 9 years ago

Dear all

Thank's again to everybody who supported me in any way.

I am allready in contact with
    OCDCA
    with BBB
    Several users from this forum
    With my bank
    Users in european Forum

Today I did some structure to save and organice all communications for this case, E-Mails, hyperlinks printscreens ect.

Still looking for laywer.

regards
    Christian

#199 9 years ago
    Quoted from theseadoomaster:

I don't think any posts here will help op get his money back.

I repeat it once again.
    I dont care about the money.
    It is another thing (dont know how to explain in english, but I am sure the most of people reading this thread, know what I mean!)

thanks

#211 9 years ago

Had a lot of answers (private message) and I has do read them now.

One question: Could one of you guys check the telephone from mad-amusements?
    Normally I call him each day, one time, to leave him a message on his voice mail and wish him a nice day. Yesterday I could not reach him!

To be continued...

P.S.
    I like when you suppoting me. But please no illegal actions! And no calling to visit him and do anything...
    Please stay on good level.
    Thanks

#215 9 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Kaneda was being sarcastic I believe. What's the phone problem all of a sudden? Is he just not answering, or can you no longer get to his voice mail?

Text spoken when I dial his number:
    This number is not valid.

regards
    Christian

#250 9 years ago

Hello Crash

Thank you for voting "Back to topic"
    At this time no updates. Had no time, and the next days it will not be better. But that is ok, waiting for some response.

To be continued...

regards
    Christian

1 week later
    #261 9 years ago

Hello again

I opened a complaint at the Department of Consumer Affairs at the 20 November 2014. At the 26 I asked them what is going on. Than they wrote it will take some time and I have to wait. Till today, no news.
    Does anybody know how long that could take?

regards
    Christian

#264 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pintucky:

Four to six weeks probably . . . the gears of government grind slowly!

Hehe, than it is the same like here.
    But they grid always...

1 week later
    #267 9 years ago

Hello

Sorry, no really news. I am still waiting for answer from Department of Consumer Affairs.
    If you can provide me some more options, pleas do that. Soon I will have some days off, that means I have the time to do something in that case.

regards
    Christian

1 week later
    #269 9 years ago

Hello

Did anyone get answer from Mike?

regrads
    Christian

4 weeks later
    #270 9 years ago

Dear all

A few weeks ago, I was very motivated to bring mad to justice.
    But now, I dont know, the Ocean County Department of Consumer Affairs is not answering me.
    At the moment I have no plan how to go on.
    Just to speak it out.

regards
    Christian

2 months later
    #306 9 years ago

The Ocean County Department of Consumer Affairs does not answer me!

Maybe it is because my spelling?
    Or is there somethong specail I have to take care for it and I did not understand?

#390 9 years ago
    Quoted from Chaos:

Luckily I saw this thread. Was in the process of ordering a few items to South Africa. Not a chance now.
    However, there is one small item that they have that I can't get anywhere else currently (blue car for Corvette)
    Does anyone here go there ever, that would be prepared to purchase it for me and I'll sort them out via Paypal?
    I was going to order a bunch of other stuff. Will stick with Action Pinball who has given me great service. Guys like this give US vendors a bad name, when in fact most of them are awesome to deal with.
    Chaos

You know I was cheated from him and now you will do business with that guy???

3 weeks later
    #440 8 years ago

There is nothing going on!
    Any new ideas for me?

2 weeks later
    #470 8 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Now he's also listing parts on ebay! Watch out everyone!

Can not find him.
    Could you please send me example of his offer?

regards
    Christian

#486 8 years ago

Dear all

After a long period I was the meaning, I can do something against this thief, I am now disapointed.

-These people here in the forum, which told me to help: I can't hear anything more.
    -Ocean County Department of Consumer Affairs: I've written three complaints on: no useful response
    -Complaint on BBB of New Jersey: No result

Christian

3 weeks later
    #496 8 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Just to be clear, you sent the cranks and never got paid, correct?

up

1 month later
    #498 8 years ago

Dear all

No news from my side.
    Any help from your side?

regards
    Christian

#511 8 years ago

Is it possible for me, to get in contact with a police departement there? How?

#515 8 years ago

Hello again

I think I found the right police department.

http://www.brickpd.com/DepartmentDirectory/Police.aspx

Could please somebody tell me, which form I should use for my case?

regards
    Christian

2 weeks later
    #547 8 years ago
    Quoted from Powerzone:

Is it possible for me, to get in contact with a police departement there? How?

Hello all

After no really help, I decided to do all myself.
    Some minutes ago I had a phone call with a nice women from the police departement. She explained me how to go on. It is an official thing, that means I dont need a loywer (at the moment) no costs for me ect.. I will act now as she explained to me and that will give a lot of pressure to Mike. Than we will see.
    I will keep you up to date.

regards
    Christian

1 month later
    #554 8 years ago

up

#574 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mesmerism:

I just got a reply from Ed McBride from Orange County Department of Consumer Affairs. He said he has no record of complaints. I thought someone had started a complaint with Ed previously in this thread? The only way to get back at Mike is to complain to the authorities until the state machine starts cracking down on him. It is useless to only complain here. Ed also mentioned that the postal inspector for mail fraud would be a good place to start. This also covers ups etc.
    If you are a customer or vendor who's been defrauded by Mike, lets get together and email some of these state offices together so they realize there is a problem.

I can not belive!
    I wrote at least 4 complaints!!
    Wrote a lot of E-Mails, some phone calls!
    Never became a useful answer!
    Only very unfriendly answers with the linke to the complaint form which I filled all in at least 4 times!

regards
    Christian

#575 8 years ago
    Quoted from futurepinhead:

Would it be bad form to buy something cheap from his eBay account and start leaving him miserable reviews? I could use some Novus anyways. Get enough people to do it and it could hurt his eBay.

He deleted my account in his onlinshop, does not answer my e-mails, phone calls etc...
    Now I wrote him a message via ebay!
    Maybe he answer?

#577 8 years ago

Hello Buthamburg

What worth are you talking about?
    Maybe we can find some other victims and we will be strong enough to reach him there overseas!?

regards
    Christian

2 weeks later
    #581 8 years ago

dont forget...

3 months later
    #694 8 years ago

Nothing is going on. No success at all!
    This scamer can do what he want and nothing happens!

Would it maybe help everyone write him a E-Mail? Written in it, that he has to send back the money!!!

[email protected]

Activated the "sent" and "read" confirmation!

Than he has a lot do do (delete)

regards
    Christian

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider powerzone.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warning-mad-amusements?tu=powerzone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.