(Topic ID: 108360)

WARNING: Mad Amusements (aka *pinballparts* on ebay)

By Powerzone

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,029 posts
  • 260 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by vdojaq
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20210529-173857_DuckDuckGo (resized).jpg
    F1069115-3749-4A13-B1DD-77AB60CC122A (resized).jpeg
    Capture #368 - 'Bumper Action Amusements Australia owes 79 WOZ Games or refund! I Pinside Forum' - pinside_com_pinball_forum_top
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20161227_014012 (resized).png
    BoneyM-Bump2_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Mike_Ducker_(resized).JPG
    2016-01-19_20_26_54-All_Pinball___Pinside_Forum_(resized).jpg
    2016-01-19_20_23_44-All_Pinball___Pinside_Forum_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Untitled_(resized).png
    image.jpg
    DSC_0311.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

21 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #59 List of multiple similar threads. Posted by vid1900 (9 years ago)

Post #179 This worked for one victim. Posted by Pintucky (9 years ago)

Post #185 Link to Ocean County consumer affairs complaint form. Posted by Pintucky (9 years ago)

Post #196 List of victims. Posted by Crash (9 years ago)

Post #258 Alternate business entity. Avoid Posted by Daddy-o (9 years ago)

Post #279 Phone number (old?) Posted by meSz (9 years ago)

Post #317 Name of one investigator from one location. Posted by Doostur (9 years ago)

Post #328 Link to news article about winning lottery. Posted by Doostur (9 years ago)

Post #471 Original eBay user name Posted by ForceFlow (8 years ago)

Post #516 Report from unpaid supplier Posted by topnotchpin (8 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kevincpr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#671 8 years ago

It's funny how a thread like this can actually spur something completely unexpected. After seeing the YouTube channel (which I had no idea existed) I noticed he is saying he is coming out with a book on "lottery strategy". PS: the commentors on that video are waiting with baited breath. So the unexpected part is I got curious about what possible "strategy" there could there be to randomly distributed tickets where you can't see what you are buying. So I took an hour or so and did a whole bunch of research on the net about scratch ticket strategy claims. I was skeptical, and I just needed to see how mathematically there could be anything... Well come to find out, it's a matter of obsessively tracking the odds. There IS an "edge" you can get with scratch tickets, IF you intimately involve yourself with the lottery corporation's prize payout reports. I knew there is nothing MD could put in a book that probably hasn't been tried a zillion times before, so I was right. All of this stuff was all over the net. Including YouTube videos that break down the math and show you. I won't get into the specifics, as you can all go watch that stuff yourself... but it comes down to something like this:

Tickets are issued on day 1, there may be 10 million $1 tickets printed. Five $1,000,000 prizes are randomly placed amongst those 10 million tickets. So OK - your odds of scratching one is 1 in 2 million.

But that's on day one, and day one only.

Here is where it gets interesting... fast forward to 5 months later:

Sometimes situations happen where a prize randomly holds out to near the very end. THIS is what the lottery enthusiasts study their stats for. So let's say the lottery's stats (published and must be public by law) show there are only 500,000 tickets left. But there is still one $1 million prize still unclaimed.

Now you have a decision: IF you have $500,000 to spend on tickets, you are guaranteed the million dollar winning ticket.

But it gets slightly weirder than that - the enthusiasts claim that the odds of buying the $1 million ticket as the very last ticket (when you're literally spending your 500,000th dollar) is actually a 1:500,000 odds... The way they look at it (as enthusiasts) is that somewhere well before that, the million dollar ticket will pop up. You're able to buy every ticket anyway, but if you do it sequentially, you may only have to outlay $250,000 to find that final ticket. Quadrupling your money. Plus they assume they are going to hit some of the $1000 & $5000 tickets in there as well, funding the buydown of the remaining tickets. Even if not, they still consider Worst case, buying 499,999 losers, and literally buying the winning ticket last - still doubling your money.

So they track the stats, watch the payouts, and try to keep a big bankroll going. It's winning by finding those special situations in the stats (and it happens all the time I'm sure, where one of the big prizes lingers to the last 5-10% of tickets) and sheer brute purchasing force.

Yeah, if you have the bankroll, the math works. I can see how the concept works. But there are factors working against you, that may screw up things horribly: The published lottery corp stats are almost always on a delay of 1-2 weeks. The amount of work is tremendous - as you have to somehow buy all the tickets... like what, 10,000 retailers across X states ? Sometimes this is why they stick to more "localized" ticket releases where there is a fixed territory. Plus I assume there are taxes to pay on winnings in the USA ? So while the math may make some sense in a "perfect storm" scenario of a small remaining amount of tickets and a huge buying budget, it sounds like a tough haul to make happen. Because underneath all this, Miss Random at the gas station that afternoon might just buy the million dollar ticket in ONE shot with $1 - and you won't know about it until a few days later when she has done her promo photo & video shoot.

Plus the biggest assumption of all: that you are the only one doing this ! Make this 2+ "strategy people" attacking the final buyout of all the tickets, and it's going to be a nightmare for all of them except one.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kevincpr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warning-mad-amusements?tu=kevincpr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.