(Topic ID: 108360)

WARNING: Mad Amusements (aka *pinballparts* on ebay)

By Powerzone

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,029 posts
  • 260 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by vdojaq
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20210529-173857_DuckDuckGo (resized).jpg
    F1069115-3749-4A13-B1DD-77AB60CC122A (resized).jpeg
    Capture #368 - 'Bumper Action Amusements Australia owes 79 WOZ Games or refund! I Pinside Forum' - pinside_com_pinball_forum_top
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20161227_014012 (resized).png
    BoneyM-Bump2_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Mike_Ducker_(resized).JPG
    2016-01-19_20_26_54-All_Pinball___Pinside_Forum_(resized).jpg
    2016-01-19_20_23_44-All_Pinball___Pinside_Forum_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Untitled_(resized).png
    image.jpg
    DSC_0311.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

21 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #59 List of multiple similar threads. Posted by vid1900 (9 years ago)

Post #179 This worked for one victim. Posted by Pintucky (9 years ago)

Post #185 Link to Ocean County consumer affairs complaint form. Posted by Pintucky (9 years ago)

Post #196 List of victims. Posted by Crash (9 years ago)

Post #258 Alternate business entity. Avoid Posted by Daddy-o (9 years ago)

Post #279 Phone number (old?) Posted by meSz (9 years ago)

Post #317 Name of one investigator from one location. Posted by Doostur (9 years ago)

Post #328 Link to news article about winning lottery. Posted by Doostur (9 years ago)

Post #471 Original eBay user name Posted by ForceFlow (8 years ago)

Post #516 Report from unpaid supplier Posted by topnotchpin (8 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Firebaall.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from johnwartjr:

Everyone should avoid, regardless of whether they are ordering from the US or abroad. MAD is BAD NEWS and we are not being good stewards to pinball when Americans support a vendor who continues to take money from our fellow hobbyists overseas and fails to deliver products.
    Continuing to order from MAD and support MAD is basically telling him it's OK to keep doing what he's doing - and it's not!

I agree 100% with this.

I'm waiting for the post that describes Mad's disappearance after he rips the wrong person off. If you buy from this ((guy)edited by mod), you do nothing but support this guy's behaviour.

.....but then again, f%^k the other guys in pinball, as long as you get the part you need for a good price huh?

Post edited by moderator: moved vulgar language

#45 9 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

apparently there is a significant contingent here who are perfectly ok supporting and speaking up for a scumbag who repeatedly rips people off, as long as THEY aren't the ones getting ripped off. they should be ashamed of themselves, but they're not. that's how it goes down every time.

It makes the list of "assholes" a bit more clear on Pinside.

If you buy from Mad, knowing what he does to other pinball people...yes you are an asshole.

#53 9 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

so I guess you guys don't eat at McDonalds, Denny's, Cocos, Chili's, Burger King, Carls Jr., I HOP, Sizzler etc. or buy stuff from Sears, Best Buy, Kohls, Wal Mart, Radio Shack, Target etc.
    and don't buy gas from Arco, Shell, Mobil, 76, Chevron etc ???
    because I guarantee you those places piss off plenty of customers as well...I you don't agree with their business practice than don't buy from ... Just because someone feels differently than you they are an asshole?

Last time I checked, I didn't belong to a community for McDonalds, Denny's, Cocos, Chili's, Burger King, Carls Jr., I HOP, Sizzler, Sears, Best Buy, Kohls, Wal Mart, Radio Shack, or Target.

Ditto for Arco, Shell, Mobil, 76, and Chevron.

The fact that you belong to a community of enthusiasts, and support a vendor that reliably victimizes some of them.....does in fact make you an asshole.

#55 9 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

earth is my community

And the earth is full of assholes. Congrats?

#58 9 years ago
    Quoted from shimoda:

Well since there is going to be blanket name-calling, perhaps a mod should just close this thread...

It is a pretty specific reason, for a specific behaviour.

Unless you think it's ok to support people that steal/rip off pinball owners? Please explain how you see this differently?

I also see that you're a habitual apologist for Mad, from those links below that Vid posted. At this point I have a hard time believing you're doing anything but trying to derail/sabotage this thread in calling for a mod to shut it down.

#153 9 years ago
    Quoted from NJGecko:

I've stated my own experiences here before, but I will one more time...
    In the States, Mike is great to deal with until you have any problem, then you're immediately banned.
    I used to order from him quite a bit since he's super close to me and usually things would show up the next day. I ordered a ramp for something or other (this is a few years back). It was my mistake, I ordered the wrong one. I realized as soon as I opened it. I tried for weeks to get in touch with him through voice messages, email, and web site contact. No response. I finally got a response and he told me it was past the return period. After I pointed out the dozen or so communications I sent him, he pretty much told me I should have tried harder, but agreed to take the product back. I'm OK with that, I can take a little brow beating. I ordered the wrong part, fine.
    I went to order something from him online a few weeks later, and my login for the site wouldn't work. I tried a few times. I finally called, he looked me up, told me I was a problem customer and he did not want to do business with me, so I was banned. End of story.
    He often has hard to find parts, sometimes has the best prices, and one of the only places I can get next day delivery, but my money won't touch a business that would treat me like that.

What shipping address did you send the return part to?

4 months later
    #383 9 years ago

Ironically, the good luck Mike had in winning those lottery tickets could be the key to locating him. Have the investigators contact the New Jersey Lottery. Heck those nice big novelty checks even have the date conveniently displayed.

To get paid, he would have had to produce valid identification....and address, not to mention banking info as he cashed the check.

#419 9 years ago

If you've been getting those kind of threats from PinMike, his account should be permanently banned. I'd also file a police report, and get his connection info from Pinside.

Internet tough guys are one thing, but when it turns threatening there should be zero tolerance.

PM Robin.

4 months later
    #520 8 years ago
    Quoted from Powerzone:

Hello again
    I think I found the right police department.
    http://www.brickpd.com/DepartmentDirectory/Police.aspx
    Could please somebody tell me, which form I should use for my case?
    regards
    Christian

Police will not help you. They will tell you it's a civil matter.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Firebaall.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warning-mad-amusements?tu=Firebaall and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.