WARNING: Mad Amusements (aka *pinballparts* on ebay)

By Powerzone

3 years ago

Stats

• 829 posts
  • 226 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 month ago by too-many-pins
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 39 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
    20161227_014012 (resized).png
    BoneyM-Bump2_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Mike_Ducker_(resized).JPG
    2016-01-19_20_26_54-All_Pinball___Pinside_Forum_(resized).jpg
    2016-01-19_20_23_44-All_Pinball___Pinside_Forum_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Untitled_(resized).png
    image.jpg
    DSC_0311.jpg
    DSC_0310.jpg
    DSC_0305.jpg
    DSC_0304.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Crash.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#107 3 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

He isn't as well stocked as he used to be anyway. It used to be he had a lot of stuff others did not AND he was cheaper, but most if stuff is out of stock.

Then perhaps we are doing our job. You sleep in the bed you make. The last time I ordered anything from him it was for a Cliffy ramp protector. That's before I realized I could get them straight from Cliff.

#124 3 years ago

Will send the above email as well. Well written! Oh wait, might as well remove those links though since Mike is too busy screwing our fellow hobbyists to read forums evidently.

#133 3 years ago

Looks like it will give an "invalid message" error if you do not remove the link.

#140 3 years ago

image.jpg
    1 week later
    #166 3 years ago
    Quoted from futurepinhead:

or Has MAD responded to any emails?

Lol.

#170 3 years ago
    Quoted from tonycip:

Oh that's where those jolly ranchers on my dresser came from!!..
    I'm sorry to here of the op's troubles 1200 is a lot of money. most of my orders are for 100. or less.
    One of the lessens that should be learned here is NEVER SEND MONEY THROUGH THE MAIL(WIRE TRANSFERS) always use credit card that has fraud protection, or even paypal , so you have some recourse should you have a problem, I hope the op gets his money back or the parts

What lesson? The proverbial Pinside soapbox "Do not order from Mad Amusements or you will get screwed"? Mike is the one that needs a lesson here, not the customer. I personally will not deal with anyone who accepts just wire transfers, especially on items like this.

#173 3 years ago

You know, this actually feels like the first sensible Mad Amusements thread.

#183 3 years ago

image.jpg
    #186 3 years ago

Ducker, not Drucker. I know you'd like to call him something else...

#195 3 years ago

Great idea. I'll look some more people up on my lunch break.

#196 3 years ago

Ok here's the complete list. You should contact each and every one of these guys, find out if they got a resolution, and then focus your efforts on reaching that resolution. Copy and paste a well written detailed PM to everyone explaining your situation. I would also show them this thread and ask them to share their input. Let's put an end to his scumbag operation.

Pinny80
    Angyalpor
    charsiufan
    Cheeks
    Williampinball
    NJGecko
    zpeakabonk
    bobsafcom
    Pinchroma
    stuartr7
    Duke
    Riffbear

#201 3 years ago

"Principle" is the word you're looking for.

a moral rule or belief that helps you know what is right and wrong and that influences your actions

#213 3 years ago

Kaneda was being sarcastic I believe. What's the phone problem all of a sudden? Is he just not answering, or can you no longer get to his voice mail?

#216 3 years ago

Interesting. I wonder if he blocked your number? Can someone in his area verify?

#237 3 years ago

Reminds me of Black_Rose.

#249 3 years ago

Kay, back on topic. Powerzone, any updates on your Mad quest?

#252 2 years ago

We should start a petition and sticky it. Robin what do you think?

3 months later
    #295 2 years ago

Domestic affairs are irrelevant. Got anything useful to add?

3 weeks later
    #315 2 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Chalk it up as a lesson learned.

Some of you people just don't "get it." Mike Ducker creates a website. He clearly indicates he does ship outside the U.S. If he receives money from paying customers outside the U.S., he is legally and morally obligated to ship the product. Failing to do so is fraud, plain and simple. Again there is no "lesson" to be learned from his customers. How did you come to the conclusion that the customer is at fault? You simply cannot expect everyone to have known about these issues. Basically what you are saying is if you go to a garage and buy a new set of tires then weeks later they never call you to come pick them up, they never answer your phone calls, and never reply to your emails, yet the money has been withdrawn from your bank account, then it's the CUSTOMER'S fault for not seeing the "signs" that this was clearly going to happen? What signs? He's not going to put some big bold text on the front page saying, "International customers, don't order from me. I like to steal your money!"

In case you missed it the first time:

Quoted from Crash:

What lesson? The proverbial Pinside soapbox "Do not order from Mad Amusements or you will get screwed"? Mike is the one that needs a lesson here, not the customer. I personally will not deal with anyone who accepts just wire transfers, especially on items like this.

#319 2 years ago
    Quoted from Doostur:

I stopped in to the Office of Consumer Affairs in Toms River. Working with Ed Mcbride, one of the investigators. We are getting the ball rolling. If you are a victum of Mad Amusements please PM me with details. Please prepare any evidence such as receipts etc. Update to follow...

Very promising news. The hyenas are finally starting to close in. I'm reposting this list of known victims if you want to reach out to them. Many may not see your post.

Pinny80
    Angyalpor
    charsiufan
    Cheeks
    Williampinball
    zpeakabonk
    bobsafcom
    Pinchroma
    stuartr7
    Duke
    Riffbear

#325 2 years ago
    Quoted from NJGecko:

I'm going to ask to be removed from this list. Yes he irked me, and yes, he wound up making me eat a return, but in the end I worked it all out. For a hundred bucks worth of parts it's not worth me getting my name involved. I wasn't scammed by him. I was a victim of his poor business practices and I got banned from his site, but I'm not losing sleep over it. Let this focus on the people that got really screwed.

Got it, I put that list together about 4 months ago so it may not be accurate to this day. Glad it worked out.

#379 2 years ago
    Quoted from TOK:

"NJ Consumer Affairs, Mike Ducker speaking, how may I help you?"

image.jpg

#405 2 years ago

MikeD=Mike Ducker.

cage_dollar.JPG
    #410 2 years ago
    Quoted from Angyalpor:

Guys, be serious.
    This guy cheats a lot people outside US.
    Not one, not two. A lot. That's a fact.
    So, anybody can decide, make business with this guy, or not.
    Conscience, honor.

For the record I've contributed in more ways than one to this thread, a little humor doesn't hurt. Really all we can do is wait for more news from Doostur on his lead.

#422 2 years ago

Mike, you need to get in contact with Robin and have him look up the location of his IP address. You will need his actual location for the police report. He likes to hide information given how much stuff is not present on his profile, so Tampa is not likely to be his actual location.

#427 2 years ago

Holy crap... Mad Mike, Mike G., pinmike, Mike_J... Gotta be a conspiracy!

1 week later
    #434 2 years ago

Is there anything new to report Doostur?

2 weeks later
    #436 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pintucky:

Thanks for that info. I live out in the country but have two Kentucky State Policemen living within walking distance. I might have a talk with one of them tomorrow.
    Mike in . . . Zanzibar

Did this ever happen?

2 weeks later
    #446 2 years ago

What happened to this? Last I heard Doostur had made some contacts and had gotten things started. No updates?? This is the closest we have gotten to sniping Mike Ducker.

#449 2 years ago

What's his eBay username?

#459 2 years ago
    Quoted from faultline760:

Here in usa ordered many times , never a prob. Works for me.

3 weeks later
    #491 2 years ago

Awesome job keeping these threads relevant for all to see.

2 months later
    #509 2 years ago

I haven't even visited his site in... hmm. Marco, Pinball Life, Bay Area Amusements, Great Plains Electronics, and Pinball Resource all have me covered. And for LEDs/rings I use Titan Pinball.

1 week later
    #527 2 years ago

I don't see any steps.

#532 2 years ago

I really don't see a purpose in dragging this discussion to RGP.

#534 2 years ago

It's just FF troll bait now evidently.

2 weeks later
    #550 2 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Now featuring Frank Furhter.

image.jpg

4 months later
    #608 1 year ago

I have composed this email if you want to distribute it. I suggest using an anonymous email service so your name/address doesn't get out there.

Alex,

I saw your story about the latest New Jersey lottery winner. Mike Ducker, though seemingly benign at first glance, has a troubling business history and background as a fraud artist. He operates Mad Amusements, a private company that supplies parts and components for pinball machine repair technicians. Mike has been and is currently engaging in some very controversial and illegal business practices.

Specifically, he sells parts and components to overseas non-American markets and refuses to ship his products. He has sold goods to repair technicians, individual private pinball game owners, pinball distributors, vendors, and other suppliers. He has been stealing tens of thousands of dollars from these overseas customers and the best efforts of local and international police, regardless of jurisdiction, have turned up nothing against his name. He operates his business out of a PO box or unmarked location in Brick Township, New Jersey, making him difficult if not impossible to track and criminally charge. This has been going on for years and many cases have been filed, but no efforts of charging or apprehending Mr. Ducker for his crimes have solidified. To my knowledge he has not even testified in a court of law.

I believe this would make for a good investigation and story for nj.com. For more information, please visit the following links.

http://www.madamusements.com
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warning-mad-amusements

What I speak of is not slander, nor it is not hearsay. There are dozens of people willing to testify, and have testified, publicly on their behalf to substantiate these claims. Please consider investigating Mike Ducker.

Thank you for your time.

#614 1 year ago
    Quoted from futurepinhead:

Just got a response!!!
    The journalist wants a paper trail of what we have tried and who all has been burned. Let's get him everything we need to get an article.

Awesome. Fast response! Fortunately this site is the best resource for finding info on this scumbag.

Great place to start:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/search?q=Mad+amusements

#616 1 year ago

I think that's a good idea. This development needs its own thread anyway.

#646 1 year ago

I couldn't find a video on his third winning. Got a link?

#690 1 year ago
    Quoted from silverbluemedall:

i would still say NO, because if the big prizes dont go to that particular store at that particular time he plays, he wouldnt win. its random and the more you play the more you lose

Not if you continuously steal large sums of money from people to make up for those losses.

2 weeks later
    #695 1 year ago

Nothing as of yet on the nj.com journalist. If it falls through, we need to keep contacting local and national news outlets now that we know there's interest.

1 year later
    #839 6 months ago

This payment order was posted a couple of months ago from an oversees creditor. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems we now have a way to trace his activities with the name and address of his bank?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mad-amusements-customers-could-you-help-us#post-3679789

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 21.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 989.00
    $ 149.99
    Lighting - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Just 3D Mods
    Boards
    KAHR.US Circuits
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 24.50
    $ 87.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 80.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Latenight Weeknight Mods
    $ 5,699.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 40.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Crash.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside